Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:22 PM
miniola
6th Gear
CABWY!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!! (Oh sorry... how un-ladylike of me... cabwy- you're alive darling )

I was going to log in earlier and announce that I missed you and try to shout to you and see if some other people would help try to get you here. I see your green light on but I would guess that you might not be on anymore since you announced you departure like an hour ago. Anyway... hope you're doing well.

And wow... you're at 47 seconds!

Old 03-19-2009 | 09:32 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Um....guys....you DO know that the goal is to live LONGER, right? So the higher your time (i.e. 1 min 59 seconds) the longer you live = higher score...so..... ANYWAY...'Ola, you're funny. But good ideas. And as much as I hate to say it, I really DO tend to curse like a sailor...and those are on decent days, never mind the bad days.
You mean we're not supposed to try to kill it? I didn't survive for many seconds... but it did seem that a more passive approach gave me about 10 more seconds to live.

Hey, I always thought of HalAC as "Hal the Air Conditioning guy"... but now that I know his history... he will be "Hal the Alligator Catcher". Who knew?!?

Hey UHOH- do you have a "denied" stamp guy? Maybe we should use it just to be safe?

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:58 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
And totally off topic of velociraptors and bunk beds... we present extreme sheepherding:

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:59 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
well that's total bunk, I'm not sure how you imbed a youtube in here, so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Old 03-20-2009 | 06:46 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Good Morning all and let me be the first to say to my freebie friends....
happy spring to one and all!!!!!!!!!! my favoirte time of year, the flowers start to bloom and smells pretty, the sky is blue and sunny and it is topless season!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2009 | 08:48 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I wish it was spring. There's STILL snow on the ground here. *sigh*

Old 03-20-2009 | 09:33 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
You mean we're not supposed to try to kill it? I didn't survive for many seconds... but it did seem that a more passive approach gave me about 10 more seconds to live.

Hey, I always thought of HalAC as "Hal the Air Conditioning guy"... but now that I know his history... he will be "Hal the Alligator Catcher". Who knew?!?

Hey UHOH- do you have a "denied" stamp guy? Maybe we should use it just to be safe?
Hmmm....no, but i'll keep looking for such a stamp. Will these do in the meantime? or or better yet:

Last edited by x uh oh x; 03-20-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2009 | 12:56 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Okay, it's spring now.

Just got buzzed by a wasp when I stepped out onto my deck.

Old 03-20-2009 | 12:59 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hmmm....no, but i'll keep looking for such a stamp. Will these do in the meantime? or or better yet:
Surely one of these could work.

My personal pick for this situation is this one:

Old 03-20-2009 | 01:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
well that's total bunk, I'm not sure how you imbed a youtube in here, so here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw
Hilarious! I love "Pong"!

Old 03-20-2009 | 01:06 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
I wish it was spring. There's STILL snow on the ground here. *sigh*
oh we had snow flurries today, but spring tells me it is near beautiful weather!!!

Old 03-20-2009 | 01:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey UHOH, do you remember the discussion of the Tree Swallow Swarms? (Long time ago I know...).

Anyway, I have posted my 2nd youtube video ever and it's one of the tree swallow swarms this winter. Anything like what you had? (Minus the husband in the background) BTW- the "wind" sound is 100% bird wings. PS Keep in mind that my videos are made for my two little nieces.

Last edited by miniola; 03-20-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2009 | 01:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok my favorite is this one...

we are talking about me right???

Old 03-20-2009 | 01:43 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
ok my favorite is this one...

we are talking about me right???
You can pick whichever one you feel suits your situation most!

I was thinking that the begging guy was like a "still looking for work" guy... something that illustrates no other job possibilities yet. I see how the other one works though, too.

Old 03-20-2009 | 02:04 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
CABWY!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!! (Oh sorry... how un-ladylike of me... cabwy- you're alive darling )

I was going to log in earlier and announce that I missed you and try to shout to you and see if some other people would help try to get you here. I see your green light on but I would guess that you might not be on anymore since you announced you departure like an hour ago. Anyway... hope you're doing well.

And wow... you're at 47 seconds!
*L* yes Ola, I am alive!! When I am visiting my kids on Co. I usually don't get online, they have a desktop computer and of all places it is in their bedroom so it doesn't work so well for me to get online.
The Co. Springs weather was marvelous, it was in the high 60's for most of my visit and my little kiddies are adorable,, and I literally devote all of my time to them. Then at night I would go out to the hot tub at around midnight and sit there gazing at the stars,,, just so lovely..
So, I get home and within the first 24 hours get so flaming angry at my husband that I am half tempted to return to the West!! MEN!

I also loved the space shuttle launch video... one year at Thanksgiving we went to Cape Hatteras for some surf fishing and one of the shuttles was slated to lift off while we were there. So we went to the Cape Hatteras point to watch as the shuttle zoomed by. There was approx. a hundred or so of us gathered there with the waves crashing just waiting and watching... then all of a sudden there was this large orange-ish glowing blob hurtling through the night,, everybody went nuts,,, it was so exciting, and I was totally amazed at the speed at which it flashed by us..... great memories.......

Old 03-20-2009 | 02:09 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

Wow!! TNmm that was kindof weird??? All I could think was how we lost many sheep due to dogs running them too hard, I wonder how many nights they worked on this so's not to lose any of their herd??
How do you guys find these youtube clips???

Old 03-20-2009 | 02:14 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey UHOH, do you remember the discussion of the Tree Swallow Swarms? (Long time ago I know...).

Anyway, I have posted my 2nd youtube video ever and it's one of the tree swallow swarms this winter. Anything like what you had? (Minus the husband in the background) BTW- the "wind" sound is 100% bird wings. PS Keep in mind that my videos are made for my two little nieces.

I love the cat meowing throughout,, I pictured him sitting there with his bib on,,,,knife and fork in each paw,,,,,

Old 03-20-2009 | 02:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I love the cat meowing throughout,, I pictured him sitting there with his bib on,,,,knife and fork in each paw,,,,,
Yeah, he was on the other side of the screened in area... if he could go out in the real world he'd love it... but he can't. He's trapped.

Sounds like you had a great time.

I have to admit... although I should maybe do it in the "confessions" thread... husbands have a way of just... .

Ok... gotta go for a bit.

Old 03-20-2009 | 02:42 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
welcome back Cab... great time with your family! fantastic...

Ola, love that video! wow that was alot of birds! i don't think i have ever seen that many.

ok guys we are going out to NOT celebrate during dinner tonight.
have a great night and i must say since the weather turned nicer it is hard to catch up on this thread...

talk soon....

Old 03-20-2009 | 04:53 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK, this does it... WHERE in Philly are you?! (send me a private message) I grew up on a farm in Roxboro and WE had sheep, and lost a bunch of them due to the dogs from the subdivision a couple of streets away. This was back in the 70's and early 80's. Mom sold our farm in '83, and she moved to Maine, and I stayed in TN (came here for college).

In THIS case, these are sheep that are used to being herded by Border Collies (this is in Wales), so the sheep do what they're told. Also, the BC's don't "run" them, instead they use collie eye to herd them. Sheepherding and Collie Trials are big in the US now. My vet left his practice after he met my first BC- he's now the president of the local TN sheepherding/or BC club.

My husband sent the link to me.

Wow!! TNmm that was kindof weird??? All I could think was how we lost many sheep due to dogs running them too hard, I wonder how many nights they worked on this so's not to lose any of their herd??
How do you guys find these youtube clips???

Old 03-20-2009 | 05:39 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
OK, this does it... WHERE in Philly are you?! (send me a private message) I grew up on a farm in Roxboro and WE had sheep, and lost a bunch of them due to the dogs from the subdivision a couple of streets away. This was back in the 70's and early 80's. Mom sold our farm in '83, and she moved to Maine, and I stayed in TN (came here for college).

In THIS case, these are sheep that are used to being herded by Border Collies (this is in Wales), so the sheep do what they're told. Also, the BC's don't "run" them, instead they use collie eye to herd them. Sheepherding and Collie Trials are big in the US now. My vet left his practice after he met my first BC- he's now the president of the local TN sheepherding/or BC club.

My husband sent the link to me.

LOL,, lots of co-incidences, yes? We had a horse farm in Ohio, southeast of Dayton( here we go again!) and my grandmother lived on the other side of the farm and had her sheep there. Same story, neighbors dogs would run them and they would just fall over dead,, light heat stroke or stress..but I am thinking that the time frame was the 60's remember I am older than dirt!
I thought those were BC's or maybe aussies-- I finally figured it out that the film speed had been sped up to simulate fast moving lights(sheep).
I live right outside of Philly- close to what is referred to as The Main Line...
first time in my life that I am not living on a farm...

Old 03-20-2009 | 08:25 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
....Hey, I always thought of HalAC as "Hal the Air Conditioning guy"... but now that I know his history... he will be "Hal the Alligator Catcher". Who knew?!?

Actually it was my screen name from when I belonged to AOL many, many years ago. The "AC" part stands for the antique tractors I collect; Allis-Chalmers.

Old 03-20-2009 | 08:43 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Ahhhh.... ok, for some reason I thought you might have had sheep in the philly area...
But just to draw more co-inky-dinks... I was born in Bryn Mawr and lived in Merion Station before we moved to the farm. I had my first kiss at the Devon Horse Show on a ferris wheel...

It's grown up so much since I left.

Glad you're back, btw. Oh and sheep have small hearts, so being run by dogs will kill 'em.

Nite, I'm about to hit the hay! Love this spring weather- going to ride tomorrow (woo hoo)
LOL,, lots of co-incidences, yes? We had a horse farm in Ohio, southeast of Dayton( here we go again!) and my grandmother lived on the other side of the farm and had her sheep there. Same story, neighbors dogs would run them and they would just fall over dead,, light heat stroke or stress..but I am thinking that the time frame was the 60's remember I am older than dirt!
I thought those were BC's or maybe aussies-- I finally figured it out that the film speed had been sped up to simulate fast moving lights(sheep).
I live right outside of Philly- close to what is referred to as The Main Line...
first time in my life that I am not living on a farm...

Old 03-21-2009 | 05:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN my husband grew up in Roxboro and went to Roxboro high school but remember he is older me. there was farms in Roxboro? where?

Old 03-21-2009 | 05:15 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Actually it was my screen name from when I belonged to AOL many, many years ago. The "AC" part stands for the antique tractors I collect; Allis-Chalmers.
Hey Hal,,,do you have any of those tractors that have a long handle to the right? If I recall correctly it was actually the throttle? The brake and clutch pedals were on such a curve that you really had to have leg strength to work them ( and I was only like 8 or 9.) And it was old, even then I believe,, I am guessing somewhere in the 1940's?? I think it was an AC but I may have it mixed up with International,,, but really dont recall Internatinals having orange colors...

Very interesting hobby, BTW, I would love to see pictures of your collection.

Last edited by cabwy; 03-21-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...