Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009 | 07:08 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Yah!! Woooo Hoooo!! This just made my Friday a definite Happy Friday!!!

It has been an extrememly difficult week on many fronts so I am sooo glad that it is now 'the weekend', (except I am working on Sunday,, boo hoo) but on two of my most fave people so it is all good.

Gem,, congrats to have survied a full week in your new endeavor.
I will let you knmow soon about April 11th,, looks like we have to ride in a convertible,,,, maybe we can hitch a ride with "youse guys"?? If not and if you are bringing the pooch Holly says we would be allowed to bring up the rear in our,,,,*cough cough* Clubbie.......
sorry you had a bad week!!! happy weekend... YOU AND HUBBY ARE MOST DEFINATLY WELCOME TO RIDE IN OUR BACK SEAT!!! YES, YES, YES...
It is not manitory to have a covertible, but yes we converts are first in line!!!
go on the the home page and read the details... but come along... oh maybe i should mention first before offering... I'm getting work done in the morning, while we are eating breakfast and checking out the new convertible, Nugget will be in the shop getting her first oil change and checking into why my side mirrors won't adjust. but they said it should be complete in time for the ralley! If not we won't be going on the ralley, but i'm sure they will have it all done.
No worries, their service is great!

Old 03-27-2009 | 07:15 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey Gem- I've got my car blinged out with chrome wheels and they are seriously blingin'... like a proportionately cut diamond! It's what I call my "bling baby"! Still think you should keep gemgirl anyway... but I've thought about "blingbby".
Ola, I went into your gallery to see your bling baby wheels, and what do I see??
THAT WIG!!! again that scared the he*** out of me!!!

You are so cute, I don't like that wig on you!!!

I'm sorry i should ask this but your current car the red? I also see a white one... sorry if this was told early on.

Old 03-27-2009 | 07:17 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
You go girl! Ola, you make me laugh. I think you are just brilliant. Just brilliant.
TN, new sig?? I like it!!

Old 03-27-2009 | 09:29 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thanks Gem, I was having a MOTD flash this morning (sort of like hot flashes but involve twisties) and had to cave in to my desires...

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
TN, new sig?? I like it!!

Old 03-28-2009 | 05:04 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
sorry you had a bad week!!! happy weekend... YOU AND HUBBY ARE MOST DEFINATLY WELCOME TO RIDE IN OUR BACK SEAT!!! YES, YES, YES...
It is not manitory to have a covertible, but yes we converts are first in line!!!
go on the the home page and read the details... but come along... oh maybe i should mention first before offering... I'm getting work done in the morning, while we are eating breakfast and checking out the new convertible, Nugget will be in the shop getting her first oil change and checking into why my side mirrors won't adjust. but they said it should be complete in time for the ralley! If not we won't be going on the ralley, but i'm sure they will have it all done.
No worries, their service is great!

Awww, thanks, Gemmy!!! I am 90 opercent sure we are going to attend, just hate to say for sure yet. Kindof depends on how some things unfold over the next few days.
Oh well, just gotta keep my head up and push on,,,right?

We are kindof debating a road trip today, Beneath The Sea is this weekend in New Jersey-- a huge scuba show that we ususally don't like to miss.

Holly is on e of my clients for Sunday!! You will see her today before me then, she called me on Friday and said she was slammed with walkins all week... sounds like the Mini is still going strong!!!!! wooo hoo!!

Old 03-28-2009 | 05:27 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Awww, thanks, Gemmy!!! I am 90 opercent sure we are going to attend, just hate to say for sure yet. Kindof depends on how some things unfold over the next few days.

We are kindof debating a road trip today, Beneath The Sea is this weekend in New Jersey-- a huge scuba show that we ususally don't like to miss.

Holly is on e of my clients for Sunday!! You will see her today before me then, she called me on Friday and said she was slammed with walkins all week... sounds like the Mini is still going strong!!!!! wooo hoo!!
You will see HOlly Sunday, I won't see Holly for 2 weeks for the rally. it is April 11 and to save time, I made a very early appointment for the same morning to get my oil change...
Holly said she was swamped, i sent her an email about my job, and volenteered Nugget to take her to her wedding. tell her tomorrow we can get together a caravan of MINI's for her wedding!!!

Really hope you say yes to next weekend and i will make sure Nugget is all polished up for you and hubby!

Old 03-28-2009 | 05:30 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Kindof depends on how some things unfold over the next few days.

Keep pushing, your a fighter, you can do it!!!
what ever it is - hit it with your horns!!!

Old 03-28-2009 | 09:55 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hullloooooo Freebies.

I just saw a hilarious commercial (and I dont like many.) It was a popcorn commercial: a mom comes in to her little daughter's very pink, very girly room where the little girl was having a "tea party" with her dressed up stuffed animals and gave her popcorn for the party. Two big guys (dad and friend?) come into the room next, "hey, we smell popcorn!" and try to snag some - little girl proudly defends her bowl - "TEA PARTY ONLY!!" The two guys look at each other, then look at the dressed up stuffed animals, and the next shot shows the two big guys dressed up in tu-tus and boas with big flirty hats nom-nom-noming all the popcorn. Little girl exclaims: "NAPKINS PUHLEEZE." Sooooo funny.

Old 03-28-2009 | 06:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I also saw that, very funny!!!

Old 03-29-2009 | 06:45 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Two recent special MINI sightings:

First - my brother saw this on a building in Columbus (I highly suspect he'll end up getting a MINI one of these days)

And second - about the electric MINI...(it's about halfway down the page.)

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/lista...umentid=952619

Old 03-29-2009 | 11:58 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Jay Leno got his MINi E the other day... he posted a video about it on his website...it's very cool and I wish I could get one... but the lack of rear passenger seating makes it sort of impractical.

Old 03-29-2009 | 02:32 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Good Evening everyone, hope everyone is having a great weekend.
we spend satruday helping celebrate our grandson's 2nd birthday!!! oh too cute he has a belly laugh that you can't help laugh with him. We gave him a ridable Jeep just like his daddy. He was laughing so hard i could hear him going down the slightest hill in his back yard and I bet he thought he was on a mountain!!! What a great day!

Old 03-29-2009 | 03:37 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Sounds like you're having an awesome day gem!

I'm hanging out around the house playing with photoshop elements and I think I'm gonna buy it. It's a darned sight cheaper than CS4 and I can do 90% of what I used to do with photoshop 5.5 ages ago for 1/8th the price. I'm having hubby upload my new blog graphic today...

Old 03-29-2009 | 04:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Can you just believe that the weekend is almost over???
We had a really nice relaxing one and boy oh boy did I ever NEED a relaxing one. Gem,, Holly just left a short while ago,, and we had a nice visit. Atomic17 picked up his MINI!!
I also signed up for the April 11th Philly Mini event at Ottos so I will finally get to meet you!!

Ok, one more client is coming over at 7:30 so everyone please have a wonderful Sunday evening ... uhoh,, your commercial sounds adorable I will have to watch for it... when I was in Colorado we had a tea party everyday. It was hysterical good fun....

Old 03-29-2009 | 06:31 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hulloooo Freebies. Hope ya'll had a good weekend!

I did more deconstruction - but no skeletons this time...just lots more termite damage than I'd like to think about. Eeek! ANyway, here's the album. The newest seven are the ones I did tonight. I only got four walls down - I wanted to do more, but I gave myself a gi-hugic headache and had to stop after three trash dumpsters....

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0GRND%20FLOOR/

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:19 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Sounds like you're having an awesome day gem!

I'm hanging out around the house playing with photoshop elements and I think I'm gonna buy it. It's a darned sight cheaper than CS4 and I can do 90% of what I used to do with photoshop 5.5 ages ago for 1/8th the price. I'm having hubby upload my new blog graphic today...
Hey RandomGemini is PSE/PSE P worth the $$ to upgrade??
I'm using PSE/PSE P Ver 5.0.2.

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
OMG UhOh...I hope there a few walls left for you to live in?? I really wish Hubby and I had the knowledge and know how to do demo/remodel like that, but we don't...we just have to save our Pennies and hire it out. Oh well, this is our FOREVER house and I figure how ever long it takes is how ever long it takes!!

Old 03-29-2009 | 10:16 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Tried typing awhile ago and lost the connection or something with NAM... good thing I'm not writing another crime drama! Anyway, sounds like the Freebie Friends had a sucky week last week. Rotten Apples?

Technically it's Monday morning right now (at least where I am)... so let me be the first to send each of you wishes for a better week.

I'll try to get on here again tomorrow. A few things to reply to... but the computer is still acting all weird and jittery.

Good night for now.

Last edited by miniola; 03-30-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2009 | 10:50 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
OMG UhOh...I hope there a few walls left for you to live in?? I really wish Hubby and I had the knowledge and know how to do demo/remodel like that, but we don't...we just have to save our Pennies and hire it out. Oh well, this is our FOREVER house and I figure how ever long it takes is how ever long it takes!!
It's not as bad as it sounds - we have three full floors. It's the ground floor walls I'm demolishing, and then only down to studs so we can reconfigure things properly...AND get historic rehabilitation tax credits back! Unfortunately, this ISN'T our forever house, so I"ve got a set timeline. I'm really GOOD at the deconstruction & cleanup (i've gotten many many compliments on my methods from those in-the-know), I just REALLY really suck at the construction side...so that's what we have to save our pennies to do. It's an adventure.

Old 03-30-2009 | 11:21 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Deja vu anybody? As if THIS thread needed reminding!

http://tech.msn.com/products/article...2762&GT1=40000

Old 03-30-2009 | 12:34 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

And so the story goes... or something like that anyway.

Last edited by miniola; 03-30-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: FORGOT POPCORN
Old 03-30-2009 | 01:18 PM
skillet
6th Gear
You and your smilies Oh how I miss you guys. What's everyone been up to? I've been to busy to keep up in this thread... Just thought I'd stop by and razz you all.

Oh Miniola, I did receive your e-mail and checked it out. At this point I'm just gonna forgo and let everything take it's course

Old 03-30-2009 | 01:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HE LIVES!!! SKILLET LIVES!!!! Welcome home, kiddo!

Old 03-30-2009 | 01:35 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Hey RandomGemini is PSE/PSE P worth the $$ to upgrade??
I'm using PSE/PSE P Ver 5.0.2.
I haven't used PSE before. I'm coming from an ancient copy of Photoshop, before they started calling it part of the "creative suite". I'm playing with version 6 for the mac and version 7 for the PC just released.

The biggest change that I'm aware of is that they darkened the interface on PSE 6, to match what more graphics apps are doing these days. So it's a slightly darker gray... and it is a noticable change. You might want to see if you can download a trial version and play with it first before you upgrade.

Old 03-30-2009 | 03:33 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

Uhmm,,, hysterical ---in a creepy sort of way....

And it is definitely a deja vu sort of feeling.....

And Hey Skillet!! How the heck are you???? Do you and your wife still have your MINI??

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...