Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 12:45 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
uh oh - I noticed in an earlier post your mom was traveling from Ohio. Are you a Buckeye? I'm originally from Delaware, just above Columbus.
OH, NOT YOU TOO!? That's funny. As my husband says: "Ohioans - we're EVERYWHERE...except Ohio." Cab is from there, too! (It IS Cab, right guys? I'm having a ditzy moment.) My parents AND my in-laws both live in Dayton, and my "little" brother & fiancee live in Powell. Small small world.

Old 04-02-2009 | 12:52 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey guys...this video is fascinating! If it doesn't come through, it's "Her Morning Elegance" by Oren Lavie on MSN videos.... Kinda cool and probably under budget!

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vs=1...2-b6ab602d2015

Old 04-02-2009 | 01:29 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
OH, NOT YOU TOO!? That's funny. As my husband says: "Ohioans - we're EVERYWHERE...except Ohio." Cab is from there, too! (It IS Cab, right guys? I'm having a ditzy moment.) My parents AND my in-laws both live in Dayton, and my "little" brother & fiancée live in Powell. Small small world.
When I first moved to Florida back in '69, it was very unusual to meet somebody in school that was a native. Most everybody was from Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey.

I take it you've been to Powell? Great place for antique shops. I've bought quite a few lanterns there.

Old 04-02-2009 | 01:46 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
When I first moved to Florida back in '69, it was very unusual to meet somebody in school that was a native. Most everybody was from Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey.

I take it you've been to Powell? Great place for antique shops. I've bought quite a few lanterns there.
Oh yes, I have! Every chance I get. Brother & finacee are getting married there this 4th of July, so I'm headed back yet one more time.

We aren't from there originally - dad was military, but that's where he ended up (ok, at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, anyway.) They've been there longer than anywhere else, and so that's what we call home. The in-laws, funny enough, aren't from there originally either...but they moved around for HIS job (with International Havester now-NavStar.) My husband likes to tell people I stalked him for 15 years. We grew up about 30 minutes apart, went to the same dentist as kids, went to rival high schools (schools were mirror images of each other), both went to OH colleges, both went Army and the same branch, and then to Korea and NC...but didn't meet until we came back HERE six years ago. It WAS a little weird...

Old 04-02-2009 | 02:28 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Are you planning on doing any antique hunting while at MOTD. I think the lunch drive to Dillsboro might be a good opportunity. I know a MINI is not the greatest vehicle for hauling antiques, but mostly what I get is small, i.e. kerosene lanterns, toothpick holders, M&M collectibles.

Old 04-02-2009 | 03:32 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
OH, NOT YOU TOO!? That's funny. As my husband says: "Ohioans - we're EVERYWHERE...except Ohio." Cab is from there, too! (It IS Cab, right guys? I'm having a ditzy moment.) My parents AND my in-laws both live in Dayton, and my "little" brother & fiancee live in Powell. Small small world.

O-H-I-O!! HalAC you get the honor of dotting the "I"

I remember Delaware well, my dad used to qualify his horses on the track there-- during the fair, if I recall correctly
And if you look at my Clubbies name it should allll make sense.

uhoh,, don't you just love WPAFB?? I haven't been in years but would love to go through it again....

You guys are making me laugh,, I loved the repeat of the sheep video and everyone's comments on that..... just hysterical.

HalAC Have you gone antique-ing in Waynesville Ohio? My aunt has a shop there....

Old 04-02-2009 | 03:33 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Greaaaaaat,,,,,,,,,now I am posting things twice!! Is anyone elses computer running really slow??

Old 04-02-2009 | 04:52 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Are you planning on doing any antique hunting while at MOTD. I think the lunch drive to Dillsboro might be a good opportunity. I know a MINI is not the greatest vehicle for hauling antiques, but mostly what I get is small, i.e. kerosene lanterns, toothpick holders, M&M collectibles.
Hey, don't challenge me!! I can always bring my trailer.... I LOVE antiques shopping!!

Originally Posted by cabwy
O-H-I-O!! HalAC you get the honor of dotting the "I" HalAC Have you gone antique-ing in Waynesville Ohio? My aunt has a shop there....
Cab, you have GOT to be kidding me...What's the shop??? My mom worked down there for a while, and that's where I worked from age 16 - 21!!! Mom used to work at American Spice (for Betty Maudlin) and I worked for the Velvet Bear. Mom and I have a booth in Millers' Antique Mall in Lebanon! What's that, like THREE degrees of separation!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-02-2009 | 05:04 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey, don't challenge me!! I can always bring my trailer.... I LOVE antiques shopping!!

Cab, you have GOT to be kidding me...What's the shop??? My mom worked down there for a while, and that's where I worked from age 16 - 21!!! Mom used to work at American Spice (for Betty Maudlin) and I worked for the Velvet Bear. Mom and I have a booth in Millers' Antique Mall in Lebanon! What's that, like THREE degrees of separation!?!?!?!?!?
I am not sure anymore if it is even 3 degrees of separation!! Are you sure that you are my cousin or something???? I will PM you with the name of the shop and her name,,you will have probably heard of her father also.

Old 04-02-2009 | 05:45 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
O-H-I-O!! HalAC you get the honor of dotting the "I"

I remember Delaware well, my dad used to qualify his horses on the track there-- during the fair, if I recall correctly
And if you look at my Clubbies name it should allll make sense.

uhoh,, don't you just love WPAFB?? I haven't been in years but would love to go through it again....

You guys are making me laugh,, I loved the repeat of the sheep video and everyone's comments on that..... just hysterical.

HalAC Have you gone antique-ing in Waynesville Ohio? My aunt has a shop there....
WaynesWorld, yes we have. I think we have been to Lebanon also.

How about the Heart of Ohio in Springfield? That's a really dangerous place for me to go. Bank account takes a serious hit when I go there.

Or how about the fairgrounds at Urbana? Good one there also.

Old 04-03-2009 | 05:07 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Let's face it guys and gals,,,, Ohio is "da bomb"!! *L*

Hal, I have been to most of the places that you mentioned- however I moved away in 1999 and haven't had much opportunity to check out the old haunts ever since.
I always set a goal to at least get to the Ohio River for some Montgomery Inn ribs though!!

Old 04-03-2009 | 10:18 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
....I always set a goal to at least get to the Ohio River for some Montgomery Inn ribs though!!....
What town is that in? I'm always looking for good rib places.

Since you've been in Delaware, have you ever been to the Hamburger Inn on N. Sandusky? As my dad used to say "You go there to get your oil changed.".

It is your classic hometown diner. They made almost everything from scratch, including the burger and hot dog buns. And they have deserts to die for.

Another good place in town closed about a year or two ago; The Little Brown Jug restaurant. It was named after annual horse race held there at the fairgrounds.

Old 04-03-2009 | 06:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hal, Motngomery Inn is right on the Ohio River in Downtown Cincy.
Then there is the original Montogmoery Inn which is located in,,,, ype, you guessed it, Montgomery, Ohio.
each one has a certain appeal,,, and the food is excellent.

Old 04-04-2009 | 07:21 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi guys, just stopping in to say hi and miss chatting with everyone!!! Job is getting better, some things I like and other things I really hate, like being in a broom closet! There is no plans on moving the office, so I either live with it and try to get used to this... oh well it is a job and there are some nice perks, yesterday I was checking out a beautiful 8 carat princess loose stone!
No didn't get to keep it!
Still going on other interviews also, never know!

Cab, I can't wait to meet you! I'm so excited about that coming up.
oh and did you get anything from Otto's yesterday? nice!!!
I will try to get on this weekend more then I have lately, been going to bed early lately!!!

Old 04-04-2009 | 11:11 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hi guys, just stopping in to say hi and miss chatting with everyone!!! Job is getting better, some things I like and other things I really hate, like being in a broom closet! There is no plans on moving the office, so I either live with it and try to get used to this... oh well it is a job and there are some nice perks, yesterday I was checking out a beautiful 8 carat princess loose stone!
No didn't get to keep it!
Still going on other interviews also, never know!

Cab, I can't wait to meet you! I'm so excited about that coming up.
oh and did you get anything from Otto's yesterday? nice!!!
I will try to get on this weekend more then I have lately, been going to bed early lately!!!
Hey Gem,, yes I had a nice little envelope from Ottos too!! Is that REALLY your last name??????

And I am looking forward to next week also,,, should be a great way for hubby and I to start our rally'ing!!
As ofr your workplace?? Hang in there, see it already has smoothed out a bit and no job is perfect, is it???

Hope everybody is out enjoying their weekend..

Old 04-04-2009 | 11:34 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
NO I thought that was your last name???? Wait what name are we talking??? I will PM you there were 2 names on mine. funny.

I don't know what that was... but it came in handy perfect timing...

Old 04-06-2009 | 07:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebies. Back from the wilds of New England. HOllleee crap - do you guys know they do NOT have ANY Starbucks NOR Panera bread there!?!?!? But you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Dunkin' Donuts. Good lord, that place has such different social thinking than just about anyplace else I"ve been...

ANYWAY...Guess what I found!?! I found a pink-haired troll holding a little paddle that says: I Love Your Buns. Who wants it!?!

Old 04-06-2009 | 10:52 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hia Freebies. Back from the wilds of New England. HOllleee crap - do you guys know they do NOT have ANY Starbucks NOR Panera bread there!?!?!? But you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Dunkin' Donuts. Good lord, that place has such different social thinking than just about anyplace else I"ve been...

ANYWAY...Guess what I found!?! I found a pink-haired troll holding a little paddle that says: I Love Your Buns. Who wants it!?!
OMG! Please post a pic of that little Troll... what a find! I was just thinking... maybe you should start a new thread for a FREE CLASSIC TROLL!

No joke about Dunkin Donuts... they are EVERYWHERE! But no more talking about swinging dead cats... 'kay?

Yesterday the husband informed me of the number of posts I have on NAM. I didn't know there was a way to see that break down. Anyway, on Free Classic Mini- Gem was #1, I was #2 (not poo poo #2... just #2) and Cab was #3! Funny. And then I got in a little bit o'trouble. I read through a few pages... back around Christmas/ New Year's time. I realized that I miss all of our friends. Mixed emotions... some happy, some sad... but overall, it was a nice place to be. I guess it all had to end though.

BTW- it's not my birthday... but this is my 1000th post. Am I in 6th gear yet?

Last edited by miniola; 04-06-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Nope... #1000 doesn't make 6th gear (sigh)
Old 04-06-2009 | 11:21 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
What ola said X. Pics or it didn't happen!! *grin*

Old 04-06-2009 | 12:29 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
OK, when I get home - I can't get that darned link to work when I send it from my BB!!!

Old 04-06-2009 | 01:00 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Does this work?

Name:  th_utf-8BSU1HMDAwODcuanBn.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  14.0 KB

Old 04-06-2009 | 02:44 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Yes, but it's tiny... poor little troll... we can't even read the sign he's holding up... or she...

Old 04-06-2009 | 04:06 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
No joke about Dunkin Donuts... they are EVERYWHERE! But no more talking about swinging dead cats... 'kay?

Yesterday the husband informed me of the number of posts I have on NAM. I didn't know there was a way to see that break down. Anyway, on Free Classic Mini- Gem was #1, I was #2 (not poo poo #2... just #2) and Cab was #3! Funny. And then I got in a little bit o'trouble. I read through a few pages... back around Christmas/ New Year's time. I realized that I miss all of our friends. Mixed emotions... some happy, some sad... but overall, it was a nice place to be. I guess it all had to end though.
First I agree - no talking about swinging dead cats or any other kind of animal!

OLA - I HAD #1 IN POSTS??? wow i'm so proud of my self!!

X -cute troll!!!

Old 04-06-2009 | 04:30 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Always wondered where my husband picked up that little colloquialism... "you can't swing a cat without hittin... "

Must be an Ohio thing ROFL!

Old 04-06-2009 | 04:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey now,,, don't go blaming Ohio for the swigning cat thing,,,,,,
We just pick Buckeyes when we are around tress...

Uhoh, your little troll sounds lovely and I don't have a magnifying glass but from what I could see the little guy looks rather charming.

As for the people with the most posts? I feel like I am in GREAT company!!

I am trying to decide --- do I have another cold or am I suffering from allergies??? What a pain,,,,, I really think that I will be coughing for the remainder of my life!!~

Yesterday was lovely and I just enjoy Sloopy more and more and more!! One bummer though, I have no idea how I managed to do it but I can't find my main key fob!!! I know it has to be in this house somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find them. I know they had to leave the car and come inside with me, I always lock the doors by the remote and then usually toss them on the DR table,, or sometimes they stay in my coat pocket. It is driving me insane( yes, I know,, short drive) especially when I think of how costly it will be to replace them..... aaaarrrgghh!

Anyone have a grand plans for the easter weekend?

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...