Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 05:35 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Holy crap that was a small picture!! (I couldn't see it at work, just crossed my fingers and tried!) Here's a better picture.

Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey now,,, don't go blaming Ohio for the swigning cat thing,,,,,,
We just pick Buckeyes when we are around tress...

As for the people with the most posts? I feel like I am in GREAT company!!
I don't know if it's a Buckeye thing, or if it's an east-coast/midwest...My mom and her family have always said it, and it took explosives to blast some of them out of the east coast...

I am trying to decide --- do I have another cold or am I suffering from allergies??? What a pain,,,,, I really think that I will be coughing for the remainder of my life!!~
You say that like you have a choice between the two!!!

Yesterday was lovely and I just enjoy Sloopy more and more and more!! One bummer though, I have no idea how I managed to do it but I can't find my main key fob!!! I know it has to be in this house somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find them. I know they had to leave the car and come inside with me, I always lock the doors by the remote and then usually toss them on the DR table,, or sometimes they stay in my coat pocket. It is driving me insane( yes, I know,, short drive) especially when I think of how costly it will be to replace them..... aaaarrrgghh!

Anyone have a grand plans for the easter weekend?
Have you looked in the car itself? I thought I'd lost mine once - and lo-and-behold I'd gone blind stinkin' nuts...they were sitting on the front seat in an unlocked car for ten days!!! Talk about freaking out...

Anywaaaayyyy...we're going to have a small easy Easter. Ham and hubband will be grilling a turkey, and we're going to purposefully invite my neighbor (the one who always catches me doing nutty things) to dinner. he's a shy guy, so it's hard to get him out of his shell.

Anybody else?

Old 04-06-2009 | 05:51 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey MINIxB- Did you get all of your work done on your baby the other day? I know you mentioned you had some free time and some new loot. How'd it go? Sorry, I meant to ask about it earlier. I was thinking about it though... that should count for something, right? I wish I knew how to work on Classic Mini's... 'cause I'd really love to have one. I envy you. Just wondering... where IS Autobot City Earth? Kansas? Are you a storm chaser?
I got my tire all aired up on the Mini and the new door furniture installed. I took the bonnet off because it wouldn't close and i need to mess with the latch and it's easier to mess with it when the bonnet is off the car. Oh I also got her started after 2 1/2 months of sitting . Autobot City is close to kansas. I live in Kansas City, MO.

Old 04-06-2009 | 06:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I always cook holidays for my extended family, no one in my family cooks but hubby and I so we have everyone here every holiday, which is great for us. I like having everyone over. Unfortunatly our family is getting smaller and smaller!
My family is really glad that i started to eat poultry because they were tired of the tofu turkey, and tofu hams!! My rule is if you make a comment about tofu, you must try it, usually kept the comments down a bit!
This year I found a place that makes smoked turkey "hams"... should be interesting!

Old 04-06-2009 | 06:26 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I also found a great deal on some wheels, someone was selling used ones from there car they just sold, so we will be picking them up sometime after Easter. I think we are going to put snow tires on them, change back and forth.

Old 04-07-2009 | 12:06 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
uhoh,, I have looked all over my Sloopy for those keys,,, I am thinking that they really cannot be in there since I have the comfort access and when there are keys left inside the dorrs won't lock?? Am I wrong??

It is driving me crazy though,,,,I wish that fob had a locator beeper thingy

Old 04-07-2009 | 04:52 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
uhoh,, I have looked all over my Sloopy for those keys,,, I am thinking that they really cannot be in there since I have the comfort access and when there are keys left inside the dorrs won't lock?? Am I wrong??

Poor cab. Hope you find them soon. This is why I"m so nutty when I go to leave - I go through a routine to check everything! (Like Austin Powers??) House Keys? CHECK! Wallet? CHECK! Car Keys? CHECK! Coffee? CHECK! (in uniform) Beret? CRAP!

Have a good day, Freebies. I haveta go do work now. I'd much rather take a nap.

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:15 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
cab, I know this doesn't help you now... but when you get your keys back, go to a sporting good's store and get yourself a couple of carabiner clips for your key chains. They make key chain varieties and they're inexpensive.

I bought several of these for all of my keys because I was losing keys all the time and now my keys get hooked onto something that I never lose track of, like my purse.

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:20 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
cab, I know this doesn't help you now... but when you get your keys back, go to a sporting good's store and get yourself a couple of carabiner clips for your key chains. They make key chain varieties and they're inexpensive.

I bought several of these for all of my keys because I was losing keys all the time and now my keys get hooked onto something that I never lose track of, like my purse.
Thanks RG!! I also am considering buying on3 of those locator beeper things to connect to the fob.... I just priced a new fob,, OMG!! It is the price of a car payment!!

Old 04-07-2009 | 10:47 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I do the carabiner clips too - you can get the slim S hook ones from Home Depot in different sizes. I keep my keys separate -- MINI keys by themselves, the "other vehicle" keys on another clip, and house keys on a last clip -- but all of them stay in my purse, and the purse sits in the SAME place every day, as soon as I'm home. Since, in uniform, i'm not supposed to carry a purse (Ok, I can, but that's SOOO girly it feels really weird) I leave it safely secured in my car (my wallet is with me, afterall!) I also can't have anything obvious hanging from my belt (besides my pants, woo hoo slimming down!), I have to keep the MINI keys cliped to my belt and tucked into my pocket. Can't do that with all the keys I have on one clip!

Anyway...carabiners are great - much harder to lose them if they're clipped to you or your purse. And I can link all my separates together if I want.

Oh, I wanna go take a napppp!!!!

Old 04-07-2009 | 11:35 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Oh God... we really are long lost sisters hon... I do the exact same thing.

MINI key on one clip, key to hubby's car on another, key to the house that I pass off to the kids on another one... LOL!

Old 04-07-2009 | 12:58 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

maybe we should just have this thread title changed to either:

One Free Classic Mini Degree of Separation

or

Too Many Coincidences to be Real (Free Classic Mini)

Old 04-07-2009 | 01:11 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

maybe we should just have this thread title changed to either:

One Free Classic Mini Degree of Separation

or

Too Many Coincidences to be Real (Free Classic Mini)
That's one awesome TROLL!

I have to say, I LOVE those smiley faces on the heart pillows! They actually make me laugh everytime they do. Too bad I don't know anything about OHIO.

Cab- did you find those keys? Maybe your buddy Holly can hook you up with a deal. Try to retrace your steps... maybe they're in the freezer or something?

Gem- You seriously made your family eat Tofurkey and Toham? OMG! Toham sounds too much like Toe Cheese which gives me PTSD... remembering Sandy's ugly *** feet. Thanks Gem.

Old 04-07-2009 | 05:43 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Gem- You seriously made your family eat Tofurkey and Toham? OMG! Toham sounds too much like Toe Cheese which gives me PTSD... remembering Sandy's ugly *** feet. Thanks Gem.
only made them eat it if they made comment about it! Meaning I'm eating it and I make the rest of the family real Turkey or Ham... if they laugh at my plate or make a comment about my food - THEN they had to try it...
One time my mom made a comment so i put a piece on her plate and she tried it and said that is good, I asked if she wanted more and she said "no thanks!"

I know she liked it, just wouldn't admit it!! haha.

Cab did you find your keys??? How you feeling? will we still see you and hubby Satruday? Turns out I'm getting my first oil change and inspection during the breakfast meet!

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:08 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Cab- I've got comfort access too in my clubbie- and JUST READ that if I drop my keys in the boot, the car can still lock. In fact, I believe it's possible to lock your clubbie, open the boot, grab the groceries, drop your keys in the boot without knowing it, shut the boot, have it lock and have locked your keys in the boot. And in doing so, they may have dropped into that hand hold thang to the second layer...
Hope you find them. I HATE losing things. Drives me up the wall.
And the carabiners are GREAT. I use them too and clip my (separated) keys onto my purse just like RG and X! Guess we're the carabiner triplets!

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:42 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Heeellllooooo Freeb's!! Happy Wednesday!!! Happy Hump Day!!!!
Gem, of course we are still on for Saturday,,,!!! I feel better,,, still sniffling but much improved.
But,,,,,,

WHERE ARE MY KEYS!!!??????

I think I need an intervention,, so all of you Freebs need to lod up your MININ's and come to my home and help in the search.
TNmm I rad that also,,, it usualy will lock if the doors are locked then you open the boot and then shut the door,,, I have searched that car high and low but now that you have mentioned it I will take my OCD self back out and go thru it again.
I pack so many things each day for working as a mobile massage therapist that I wouldn't be surprised if the keys dropped into an area in the boot. I have checked thru all of my linens, all of my duffels and messenger bags, both purses,,, ohhh the list goes on and on.
Ola, I was thinking that too, that maybe Holly will take pity on me and give me a discount again..... she has been really good to me.

Gem,,, so Nugget will get her first physical on saturday?? LOL,, she will be so proud!!

ok, off and running again,,, have a great day all!!

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:48 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Gem, of course we are still on for Saturday,,,!!! I feel better,,, still sniffling but much improved.
But,,,,,,

I think I need an intervention,, so all of you Freebs need to lod up your MININ's and come to my home and help in the search.
TNmm I rad that also,,, it usualy will lock if the doors are locked then you open the boot and then shut the door,,, I have searched that car high and low but now that you have mentioned it I will take my OCD self back out and go thru it again.
I pack so many things each day for working as a mobile massage therapist that I wouldn't be surprised if the keys dropped into an area in the boot. I have checked thru all of my linens, all of my duffels and messenger bags, both purses,,, ohhh the list goes on and on.
Ola, I was thinking that too, that maybe Holly will take pity on me and give me a discount again..... she has been really good to me.

Gem,,, so Nugget will get her first physical on saturday?? LOL,, she will be so proud!!

Call around to the places that you went the last day you saw your keys and ask about them. MINI keys are pretty distinctive, if they found them, they'll probably remember it.

Good luck cab!

Old 04-08-2009 | 10:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Call around to the places that you went the last day you saw your keys and ask about them. MINI keys are pretty distinctive, if they found them, they'll probably remember it.

Good luck cab!
This reminds me (which is funny because....): I've come to the conclusion that I'm suffering from memory deterioration. Not sure if it's occupation-induced, age, or what (all of the above??) BUT! Am I the only one who totally and completely forgets what I was about to say or do...retraces steps and motions (to include picking the phone back up and putting it to my ear!?!) just to see if I can remember what the HE-DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS I was thinking/doing???? I feel like such a dolt, but ... it really does work.

Old 04-08-2009 | 10:07 AM
miniola
6th Gear
But,,,,,,

I'm bettin' it's too cold up there right now... sorry. We were in the 60's for highs yesterday and the air is pretty crispy outside right now. Love ya, but... (ok... if you really need us I will put on my big jacket)

I remember that we had the option of putting something on our key setting that would automatically lock the doors after a certain period of time... is that part of "comfort access"? I said NO WAY to that one. I've got the old school key anyway... since mine is R52- it's a 1st gen even though it was new when we bought it. I am SO glad I didn't get the 2009 Cabrio... just so glad. I really love the mine the best. Anyway...

You said "Hump Day". As a child, I remember my father talking to my mother about "Hump Day" and I was totally embarassed. I was thinking that it meant the day to "hump"... except that I didn't really know what "hump" even meant. I remember my older neighbors always talked about "humping" and they always tried to make me (and each other) embarassed about stuff. Funny how a person can feel embarassed about something when they don't even know what it is. Come to think of it... boy, those kids were A-holes! Sure am glad they never amounted to much! Meanie,meanie,meanie...

Dreaming about Ms hot pink haired Troll... ... I know... SHOCKING!

Have a great day everyone. Hopefully today I will get my pecky cypress planks and bring them home. Or maybe I'll get some more plants to finish landscaping before I get in trouble from the association.

Old 04-08-2009 | 01:49 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Ever notice, when Cab starts getting hyped up about something (upset, excited, giddily cheery, etc.) she starts adding more punctuation? I noticed when 'Ola gets that way, she adds more smilies. I think it's so cute. Very REAL. Nice to know we have real friends.

Old 04-08-2009 | 02:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
... ALL of my smilies are VERY heartfelt!

It IS nice to have friends!

Cab- did you find the key fob yet? It is SO nice out here... maybe you should drive down and I can help you look for them. Sending some good luck dancing lemurs your way.

Hey when I was looking for some smilies to add... I saw this one. At first I thought it was a good one for Cab 'cause the position I saw it in... well, when the purple thing is pointed up it looks like a smiley with goggles on trying to put on flippers! I thought it was a diving smiley! Tell me that doesn't look like a diver smiley!

Old 04-08-2009 | 04:24 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

Cab- did you find the key fob yet? It is SO nice out here... maybe you should drive down and I can help you look for them. Sending some good luck dancing lemurs your way.

OMG I FOUND MY KEY FOB!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
By jove I think the dancing lemurs did the trick!!
Okay, this was really driving me crazy because I KNEW that they were in my house!! I knew that for a fact becoz
1) how in the heck could I have driven home?
2) I remember having them with me after seeing the last client that afternoon
3) the remaining clients came to my home ( and yes I called them and asked them if they accidently picked up my keys) haha

So, I looked att he jacket I wore that day like 20 times, in fact I looked thru every dsingle coat in the house, including hubby's.
So,,, I switched my purse that night- I sat in the recliner and transferred my stuff. So over the past week I have pulled all of the cushons off of the couch, off of the recliner and did the 'hand digging' search in all of the nooks and cranny's..... which BTW really skeeved me out- I think I am a pretty neat housekeeper but I found all kinds of crumbs in those nooks and cranny's.

Sooo just got home from my last client and again started the ritual...
go thru the car top to bottom check
go thru the jacket again check
then I got inspried and went thru our food pantry since I remembered that I had picked up some staples on the way home that day,,, nope not there either...
then last resort---back to the recliner,, this time I dismantled it,, like pulled it apart top away from the bottom still didn't see my keys but then,,,,then,,,,,,

then........... oh shoot the phone is ringing,,,,

Last edited by cabwy; 04-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2009 | 04:47 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
CAAAAB!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfecto!

Last edited by miniola; 04-08-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2009 | 05:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So Cab- did you notice that the car would lock or unlock when Sweet Ol' Pete would walk by it?

Old 04-08-2009 | 05:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay, okay,,, sooorrreeeeeee!!

Just6 wanted to add to the suspence like Ola did a while back,,,, heh heh

And Uhoh, you are so right!! When I get stirred up I DO punctuate more!! And in person I am one of those hand flailers...

Anywas,,, where was I?? who mentioned forgetting things lately??? grin

Anyways I went back to the recliner and pulled the poor thing in two pieces and still no fob. So even tho I could basically visually see down into the cushion area I still ran my hand alongside the edge and there it was!!! It was kindof wedged under the cushion along a supoort bar..... I am home alone and I was running around shaking the key fob over my head doing Snoopy's happy dance......
I almost ordered a new key yesterday,,, thank God that I decided to wait it out. If you order on of these things you can't say sorry, don't need it now and get your money back,,, you are stuck with it!!!!!

Thanks again for all of your helpful advice and support,,, you truly are good friends...... woooooo hoooooooooooyip yip yip....... hap hap happy!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...