Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009 | 11:55 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
So....who is going to ask WHY? Hm. Nobody here, so I'll do it: 'Ola, sweetie...why were you video recording a lady (random?) eating popcorn, regardless of location? You're a tad nutty, sweets. Get any mail lately??
I did it because it was funny! Maybe because I was kind of cold... or because I had been driving for 4-5 hours straight. Nah... it was because it was funny!

Just bills in the mail lately.

Old 04-10-2009 | 11:59 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I did it because it was funny! Maybe because I was kind of cold... or because I had been driving for 4-5 hours straight. Nah... it was because it was funny!

Just bills in the mail lately.
Well, that should change in the next 2-5 business days.

Old 04-10-2009 | 01:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear

So I just posted the popcorn eating video. Yeah, I was in a silly mood BUT... I thought this was hysterical. Basically we stop at this scenic viewing area to take a couple of pics. We keep the top down on the MINI and the back seats are folded down and filled with all of my Diva Stuff. There is one giant pink duffle bag and a red crocodile bag... not to mention a pink Troll on the dash.

So after I take the pics of the husband doing antics and posing with the Nantahala sign we start walking back toward the car. On the opposite side of our car is this lady that was VERY lovingly eating her popcorn. REALLY enjoying it. Num num num num.

Her front window was all the way down and I wanted to film what she was doing because I just thought it was such "a moment". (Insert Barry White music...). It was like how most people would eat popcorn when at home... alone. As we walked closer she quickly started putting her window up like we were going to mug her. I tried not to laugh. So I have the camera pointed down like I'm looking down at the pics I just took (while I'm walking) but since I am so sneaky... she doesn't know that it's twisted and I'm filming her. Or was I twisted? Either way...

She tried to adjust her window back down just enough so that she could still eavesdrop on what we were saying... but I had already told the husband not to say anything while he was packing stuff back in the bags. Silly glass reflection from her window took away from the filming and changed the focus capability... and she also calmed down the licking of the popcorn. Too bad.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEST VIEWING:
1. Click PLAY on Barry White Video FIRST and wait until about 17 seconds
2. Turn down volume on popcorn video... Click PLAY on popcorn video.
Obviously the song is longer than the video so you can replay "popcorn" while you listen to Barry White. Welcome to my world!

Last edited by miniola; 04-10-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2009 | 01:38 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

And two other ones that crack me up - I need it...I'm draggin...

I am in love with these smilies,,,,,, so glad it's Friday!! Wooo hOOOOOOoooooo

Old 04-10-2009 | 01:40 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

So I just posted the popcorn eating video. Yeah, I was in a silly mood BUT... I thought this was hysterical. Basically we stop at this scenic viewing area to take a couple of pics. We keep the top down on the MINI and the back seats are folded down and filled with all of my Diva Stuff. There is one giant pink duffle bag and a red crocodile bag... not to mention a pink Troll on the dash.

So after I take the pics of the husband doing antics and posing with the Nantahala sign we start walking back toward the car. On the opposite side of our car is this lady that was VERY lovingly eating her popcorn. REALLY enjoying it. Num num num num.

Her front window was all the way down and I wanted to film what she was doing because I just thought it was such "a moment". (Insert Barry White music...). It was like how most people would eat popcorn when at home... alone. As we walked closer she quickly started putting her window up like we were going to mug her. I tried not to laugh. So I have the camera pointed down like I'm looking down at the pics I just took (while I'm walking) but since I am so sneaky... she doesn't know that it's twisted and I'm filming her. Or was I twisted? Either way...

She tried to adjust her window back down just enough so that she could still eavesdrop on what we were saying... but I had already told the husband not to say anything while he was packing stuff back in the bags. Silly glass reflection from her window took away from the filming and changed the focus capability... and she also calmed down the licking of the popcorn. Too bad.

that is just tooo funny!! Ola,, you just may burn in hell for that one!! Nah,,, actually God would laugh at this also!!!

Old 04-10-2009 | 01:57 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I figure that it's good that I live somewhere pretty warm... prep work!

I bet Big Norm could probably do some cool repeat version with the audio swap... but I'm low-tech.

Last edited by miniola; 04-10-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2009 | 04:50 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hal, you're amazing-
I'm on for lunch
When are you leaving for the Dragon? At this point, I can't find anyone to convoy with on Wednesday... guess I'm coming out by myself

But will be staying with UhOh and her Bros when I get there.
Thanks and this lunch sounds like fun!

It's going to be GREAT to meet everyone.
We won't be leaving until mid-day Thursday; should be arriving hopefully around four-ish in Robbinsville. Going to Lynn's for supper. Looks like there's a few openings left. (hint, hint).

TN, are you doing OK where you're at? Very rough weather today especially in Murfreesboro. We were planning on going up there on Saturday, but may postpone until Sunday.

At work we had to stay in our safe room, which happens to be the lab I work in, from 1:30 until 3:00 because of tornado watches.

Old 04-10-2009 | 05:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Iiiiiiiii personally like the *snort* *giggle* *snort* from 'Ola and hubby during the filming. It IS funny though....

Old 04-10-2009 | 05:09 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
TN, are you doing OK where you're at? Very rough weather today especially in Murfreesboro. We were planning on going up there on Saturday, but may postpone until Sunday.

At work we had to stay in our safe room, which happens to be the lab I work in, from 1:30 until 3:00 because of tornado watches.
We've had "high wind watch" from 4pm to 8pm tonight...with winds from 40 to 57mph... Now why would they say 57 instead of just 60?? Did they think any of us would be standing out there with a meter to make SURE it was only 57?

Old 04-10-2009 | 05:55 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
LOL I don't know why but that popcorn video is funny.

Old 04-10-2009 | 07:44 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wow Hal- I've been worried about you too- We had a full day of tornado warnings and sirens here- the kids and I spent most of hte day in teh basement- which is our safe place. But we have it set up with Wii and other games, plus I brought my laptop there so I could keep up with the weather/storms.
It's really sad about Murfreesboro- and that mother and child.

Glad you're ok- Think you may want to have the safe room be something more interesting than YOUR workplace

I'll see you up there then- I'm staying with X and her family & friends at Fontana. We'll be the really quiet cabin

Cheerios-

Originally Posted by HalAC
We won't be leaving until mid-day Thursday; should be arriving hopefully around four-ish in Robbinsville. Going to Lynn's for supper. Looks like there's a few openings left. (hint, hint).

Old 04-10-2009 | 09:17 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Geez guys... you had to stay in your safe rooms? Saw the weather report and was thinking of you. I remembered Murfreesboro (sp?) on some previous post... Hal was it you that mentioned it? You're in Tullahoma though, right? Who else is missing from here? The fact that you guys have been online is a good sign. And TNMM- sounds like you're hooked up with the Wii! So you do any bowling? I haven't in awhile... but I think it's the best game. My best score was a 297. I got the Wii Fit too because I wanted to do the hula hooping game. I am a "Calorie Roaster" in hula hooping!

I've watched that popcorn video so many times. Just remembering that whole scenario, live and in person and that Barry White song really was playing in my head when I saw her. I don't know what made me laugh more... the fact that she rolled her window up so fast as we got closer (she apparently forgot that the rest of her windows were down and that we could still "get her")... or if she just didn't feel like sharing? I also find myself wondering... she either lives close by or has a microwave in her car somewhere. I'm voting for the microwave! I have to admit though... it was a nice place to eat popcorn! Just unexpected... I really notice the small things that people don't pay attention to... taking time to smell the roses I guess.

UhOh= you heard my snort giggle snort but you didn't hear the silent laugh before that... that's the one that only dogs can hear. And of course at the end it was becoming an uncontrollable laugh so the fun had to end.

I'm turning off now. Just wanted to send my thoughts to anyone dealing with naughty mother nature. UhOh better hunker down! I know there's a twister smiley somewhere... but I will refrain for now.

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Meant only as a smiley - NOT to make fun of those terrorized by them. (Them = tornados, not terrorized by smilies.)

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:27 AM
LtRex
4th Gear
Sorry for jumping in here. I have been away for awhile.

Has APPLE ever given up the Classic Mini she promised? Or has this become the largest off topic thread in forum history!

I don't know the outcome, and I quit frankly don't have the time to read everything I missed. But just imagine how cool it would be if she had been a woman of her word!!! Perhaps she has.......

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:29 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LtRex
Sorry for jumping in here. I have been away for awhile.

Has APPLE ever given up the Classic Mini she promised? Or has this become the largest off topic thread in forum history!

I don't know the outcome, and I quit frankly don't have the time to read everything I missed. But just imagine how cool it would be if she had been a woman of her word!!! Perhaps she has.......
You keep holdin' your breath, there, sweetie.

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:40 AM
LtRex
4th Gear
DITTO!

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:42 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
DITTO!

We gave up hope of her being true to her word a looong time ago. And much to my surprise, this is NOT the longest running crazy off-topic thread! I just found another that's actually into the THOUSANDS of pages. !!! it's been going on since 2005. But we're the Freebie family on this thread now. Welcome back!

Old 04-11-2009 | 07:46 AM
LtRex
4th Gear
4568 posts is remarkable, considering it was started by a fraud!

The man upstairs may have a question or two (at least) for her, or so I believe.

Oh well..........................

Old 04-11-2009 | 08:23 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
LtRex - just out of curiosity, why do you only have a link to the MOTD sig instead of using it AS your sig?

Old 04-11-2009 | 08:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
This makes me laugh. Reminds me of playing in freshly laundered sheets...like i did yesterday!

Old 04-11-2009 | 09:46 AM
miniola
6th Gear
This makes me laugh. Reminds me of playing in freshly laundered sheets...like i did yesterday!
I have to say... I never looked at her that way ... but now that you mention it... who else smells "BOUNCE"? That's usually how I drag my comforter back to the bed.

As for the twister with the smiley and the cow twirling around... yeah... that was it.

LtRex- Wow! It's been such a long time! Where were you when we could have used all of your detective/police connections to run her license plate? Oh well... no worries. We figured out everything we needed to know about her and even more that we wish we didn't know. For example, we know her name, age, weight, where she lives (exactly) and that she's committed fraud in other forums as well. I think she will end up getting what is coming to her from someone else that is much more hell bent on getting back at her. Too bad for her. Anyway, the people that are left here have developed actual "friendships" and so we still talk and laugh and support... do whatever any one person needs at that time. Too bad you stayed away... you missed out.

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:52 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

That was a riot!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud on that on as i was trying to explain to hubby!

Old 04-11-2009 | 12:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Ola... you crack me up! I'm washing my sheets just because of this thread (not that they needed it or anything)

Yup, cow & twister- I had dreams last night I was stuck in a twister with my goat and a smiley face... weird dream.

And as for your *quick* recap of what we know about that rotten Apple... you totally forgot TOES!

<now don't we have some beer on the wall to go with that popcorn? Did anyone put wine up there? I'd prefer red wine to beer, unless it's Mike's Hard CranberryLemonaide... yummy!>

I have to say... I never looked at her that way ... but now that you mention it... who else smells "BOUNCE"? That's usually how I drag my comforter back to the bed.

As for the twister with the smiley and the cow twirling around... yeah... that was it.

LtRex- Wow! It's been such a long time! Where were you when we could have used all of your detective/police connections to run her license plate? Oh well... no worries. We figured out everything we needed to know about her and even more that we wish we didn't know. For example, we know her name, age, weight, where she lives (exactly) and that she's committed fraud in other forums as well. I think she will end up getting what is coming to her from someone else that is much more hell bent on getting back at her. Too bad for her. Anyway, the people that are left here have developed actual "friendships" and so we still talk and laugh and support... do whatever any one person needs at that time. Too bad you stayed away... you missed out.

Old 04-11-2009 | 04:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
4568 posts is remarkable, considering it was started by a fraud!

The man upstairs may have a question or two (at least) for her, or so I believe.

Oh well..........................

Hellllllooooooo LtRex!!! As for the Man upstairs having a question or two?? I imagine he has a fully stocked interrogation room for her!!!

Old 04-11-2009 | 04:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

Aahhh, nothing like a freshly laundered Berka,,,, LOL
Does anyone else have memories of running through sheets drying out on a clothes line!!?? That was the BEST!!
Well,, second runner up to finding a woman pigging out on Popcorn and having a video cam on hand,,, and Barry White....

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...