Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009 | 08:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
UhOh... SHE'S ARRIVED! What a journey she's had... and after several days of being in a crate like an illegal alien (with the exception of the luxurious grass bed)... she is home! She is enjoying her FIRST bath in her lettuce leaf tub. Thought you might like to see...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING OF CRAZY OL' ME. My heart is touched... truly.

FREE CLASSIC TROLL... a NEW direction!

Old 04-14-2009 | 08:09 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
UhOh... SHE'S ARRIVED! What a journey she's had... and after several days of being in a crate like an illegal alien (with the exception of the luxurious grass bed)... she is home! She is enjoying her FIRST bath in her lettuce leaf tub. Thought you might like to see...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THINKING OF CRAZY OL' ME. My heart is touched... truly.
Ahahaha!! Just seeing her luxuriating in that sweet little tub and her little belly sticking above the water is so worth it. She is definitely home. I'm so glad!

P.S. Luv your buns!!

Old 04-14-2009 | 08:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
That has to be some of the cutest little troll pictures ever!!!!

Old 04-15-2009 | 04:54 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Ola that is PRICELESS! And oh so adorable! She's just so happy to be in that bath... d'ya think she's got room to share? I could use a nice soothing bath right now! With all them bubbles...

<sigh>...

Next life, maybe I'll come back as a pink troll in Ola's house

Old 04-15-2009 | 05:12 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Ola that is PRICELESS! And oh so adorable! She's just so happy to be in that bath... d'ya think she's got room to share? I could use a nice soothing bath right now! With all them bubbles...

<sigh>...

Next life, maybe I'll come back as a pink troll in Ola's house
Oh, if only life were that good. She could do your hair like in picture #2 (that cracked me up!!!)

Old 04-15-2009 | 06:04 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I used to do that to my kids- I've got some priceless pictures of my son with his hair like that (and the bubble beard) and my daughter always got jealous (she had long hair, so it wouldn't stay in a pippy longstocking!).
OH the fun I'm going to have when they start dating... I've got all those embarrasing photos locked away for just the right time

Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Oh, if only life were that good. She could do your hair like in picture #2 (that cracked me up!!!)

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:11 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Sigh,,,,, for any of you who live near to my area......do you all think we will ever get a consistent week of sunshine and warm weather??????

Old 04-15-2009 | 08:32 AM
Atomic17
2nd Gear
Cabwy - I think I live near to your area

I was just thinking the same thing! I hear it's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL tomorrow and Friday (and Sat!) - make sure you take Sloopy out for a long motor around!

Love that Pepper White and Silver combo!

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:16 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi A17!!! Good to hear from you and thanks for the compliment I love my Sloopy...

I will hold you to your words and plan on wearing my summer uniform tomorrow!!!

Old 04-15-2009 | 09:56 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh CRAP! I'm a bad mom... I forgot to do the BUBBLE BEARD!!

For anyone that doesn't know... UhOh found that Troll while on her trip to New England... and she was sweet enough to send her to me. She even included a very nice note on stunning personalized stationary! The FREE CLASSIC TROLL now has a pair of new shoes and she's attached to the dash. I had noticed that her hair was a bit "skinny" compared to the other Troll and even after the bath, it still looked a little matted and clumpy. So I... uh... "fixed" her weave a bit. OK... I pulled her hair out! Yes, it was a necessary evil and I felt bad doing it. But guess what... they have no skull... there's only a giant hole! The mystery of Troll hair solved... it's a rectangular strip of furry fabric about 1.5" x 4". Who knew?!? (TNMM- maybe you want to reconsider living at Ola's house! ) So I combed it all out, clumped it back together and stitched to hold then glued it back into her cavity!Looks GOOD!

Cab- sorry you're not having much sun. We actually had rain yesterday and it was very exciting. Stuff around here was PARCHED!

Hey Gem- Congrats on your new job!
I find it humorous that one night that I don't check in there's a big announcement about you getting out of the broom closet!Sorry I didn't reply last night.

UhOh- I thought it was funny that you called RG "closet"! She is SO NOT closet! (And pretty sure PROUD OF IT!) So funny to read her reply about why she deserves to be on the dorky link... I was totally a girly girl and boy crazy! Shocking... I know.

Last edited by miniola; 04-15-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2009 | 10:05 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Wow Ola. You so have me pegged.

Old 04-15-2009 | 10:29 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Wow Ola. You so have me pegged.
Wasn't like it was a shot in the dark! No pegging needed... you have confessed many times over!

Old 04-15-2009 | 11:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
a very nice note on stunning personalized stationary!
The personalized stationary was TOTALLY not my fault...

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:03 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
The personalized stationary was TOTALLY not my fault...
Gift from Mom?

My mom does that...

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:15 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Gift from Mom?

My mom does that...
Worse - mother-in-law. And due to timing & situation, I'm one of those who has a two-word last name (instead of taking his.) I deployed two weeks after the wedding (so I couldn't submit the paperwork for name change right away, and all my critical documents - like medical records, personnel records, etc. - were under my maiden name), we couldn't get a certified copy of the marriage certificate until a few weeks after the wedding (which was needed to do the military paperwork), and lastly, I had spent no less than eight-nine years building a credible reputation under my maiden name in my profession. All this led me to the decision to do the two-word last name thing. I wear HIS name on my uniform (like a short form) and I use his name when answering the phone, etc...., but all my professional correspondence/email/title, etc. is with the two word last name.

Unfortunately, mother-in-law (as nice as she is) figured I would just change my name. Doesn't get it, but ah well. Not everyone does. It's served me well in my profession, so i'm not going to change it.

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:25 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I had spent no less than eight-nine years building a credible reputation
I hope to try this one day.

Old 04-15-2009 | 01:09 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Worse - mother-in-law. And due to timing & situation, I'm one of those who has a two-word last name (instead of taking his.) I deployed two weeks after the wedding (so I couldn't submit the paperwork for name change right away, and all my critical documents - like medical records, personnel records, etc. - were under my maiden name), we couldn't get a certified copy of the marriage certificate until a few weeks after the wedding (which was needed to do the military paperwork), and lastly, I had spent no less than eight-nine years building a credible reputation under my maiden name in my profession. All this led me to the decision to do the two-word last name thing. I wear HIS name on my uniform (like a short form) and I use his name when answering the phone, etc...., but all my professional correspondence/email/title, etc. is with the two word last name.

Unfortunately, mother-in-law (as nice as she is) figured I would just change my name. Doesn't get it, but ah well. Not everyone does. It's served me well in my profession, so i'm not going to change it.
sorry...

Maybe you could just send them all to one place and be done with them?

Old 04-15-2009 | 01:20 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
So glad I don't have to deal with in-laws.

Old 04-15-2009 | 02:22 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
sorry...

Maybe you could just send them all to one place and be done with them?
Send who where? The military stuff? Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way - hell, I've been a two-word last name for 3.5yrs now, and the medical system has my name so screwed up it changes with every visit!! But I'm still wrestling them into submission...

So glad I don't have to deal with in-laws.
Don't get me wrong - she likes me (we're kindred shopping spirits to a certain degree) and she's a nice person. She just has her steely-spined foibles...

Old 04-15-2009 | 03:18 PM
miniola
6th Gear
The stationary. I think you're probably stuck with the military by now.

Maybe your MIL is like mine where she wants things her way regardless of what you want. Passive-Aggressive sometimes and other times just plain ol', you know... MIL!

Old 04-15-2009 | 06:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Cab- Yes tomorrow is supposed to be nice! I'm sick of cold rainy days, tonight we lite the wood stove jsut to take the dampness out of the house.
A17 - welcome to our little corner of the world!
Ola- thanks for getting me out of the closet - comment!
X- I also use my maiden name and my married name, and constantly get mix ups. I kept my name being proud of where i came from but if anyone saw my names together they would laugh, My first name is 6 letters, My maiden name is 17 letters long then hyphen it with my husbands name of "Small" - kind of funny! but hey I lived with my name before him!

Old 04-15-2009 | 06:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
well new job is very nice, hopefull the little "first day bugs" work them self out...
oh and glad to be out of hte closet, don't miss it!

Old 04-16-2009 | 03:10 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I just got home... no one stopped by here today?

Well, I just wanted to say that the Trolls went out on their first MINI road trip today and they had fun. I am a lunatic... I bought them little daisy hair clips! These things are SO tiny that I can barely pinch them to open and close... but they look like they were made just for them. And there I was... in the parking lot of the CVS where I bought them and I thought, "they need them in their hair before I drop the top!".

It was supposed to be quick... but it wasn't. I took the first Troll off the dash... I was twisting and twirling hair and trying to pinch these clips on so that they looked like actual flowers (they have a tendency to twist so that most of the mechanics of the clip was showing and not the cute little flower). In the meantime, CVS appears to be suddenly busy and people keep parking on both sides of me... getting in and out of cars... looking over at me and I'm messing with Troll hair! I keep working... on to #2 Troll. I felt a bit silly and although I had my MINI top up... people could see in through the sides. So... I figured I'd hide the Troll in my lap so that these people couldn't see what I was doing. Mere seconds pass before I realize that hiding the Troll my actually "look" worse... WTF IS THAT LADY DOING IN HER LAP?

Well, I finished both of those DIVAS... dropped the top and they looked pretty sweet... hair whippin' in the wind. But the best thing was that I kept looking at both of them standing there together and thinking about "Freebie Friends". UHOH that was a really sweet thing that you did. She makes me laugh and brings a little tear to my eye.

Last edited by miniola; 04-16-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added a pic
Old 04-16-2009 | 04:09 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Aww Ola! *hugs*

We missed you too!

I've just been busy today, watched Twilight. Took a nap, hung out around the house and did my nails... it was nice. I needed a me day, but I didn't forget about you! Promise!

Old 04-16-2009 | 04:53 PM
miniola
6th Gear
RG- Sounds like you had a good day! BTW- I stopped at Joann's today and checked out the patches. What did you end up getting? I saw a couple of good ones... they actually had one that said "DIVA" and it was done in rhinestones. But there was a giant pink poodle patch there which definitely made me laugh!

So I just added a pic of the girls... well the "TROLL" girls that is. Am I mixing up my threads? This isn't Random Thoughts. JK

It's been a long day here too. I hope that everyone is having a nice evening. It's so nice outside right now... I'm wondering if people are out enjoying the weather. Hope so.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...