Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009 | 05:46 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I didn't end up stopping by. The son ended up making up for being a dork earlier in the day by standing up for himself with the school administration, so I took him to DQ instead.

However, I did threaten him with the warning of a Giant Pink Daisy. What followed later voided all efforts toward the goals of evil on my part. My husband got home from work, and having read my blog post while he was at work, grinned evilly and said, "Bring me the offending pants!"

So the pants were produced and the husband examined the hole and said, "You know, that hole is likely to give a girl confirmation of a boxers or briefs theory. Do you really want to experience that?" The son shook his head. I proceeded to warn him that if I ever saw those pants upon his person again, I would break out the giant pink daisies or worse, I would cross stitch "Mom" across them.

The son looked mortified and said, "But mom, they're practically part of the family! I can't give up these pants!"

To which my wonderful husband responded by reaching over my son's shoulder to take the pants as he was gesturing with them. He grinned again and said, "I'll solve this problem!" and with a super hero like glint on his teeth, he promptly deposited the pants into the nearest, convenient waste receptacle.

Then, he wrote the word "Zot!" on our white board in the kitchen... just to prove his comic book prowess.

It was hilarious and all in all a great day yesterday.

Old 04-16-2009 | 07:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RG sounds like it was a great day!!!

Old 04-16-2009 | 07:42 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I just got home... no one stopped by here today?

Well, I just wanted to say that the Trolls went out on their first MINI road trip today and they had fun. I am a lunatic... I bought them little daisy hair clips! These things are SO tiny that I can barely pinch them to open and close... but they look like they were made just for them. And there I was... in the parking lot of the CVS where I bought them and I thought, "they need them in their hair before I drop the top!".

It was supposed to be quick... but it wasn't. I took the first Troll off the dash... I was twisting and twirling hair and trying to pinch these clips on so that they looked like actual flowers (they have a tendency to twist so that most of the mechanics of the clip was showing and not the cute little flower). In the meantime, CVS appears to be suddenly busy and people keep parking on both sides of me... getting in and out of cars... looking over at me and I'm messing with Troll hair! I keep working... on to #2 Troll. I felt a bit silly and although I had my MINI top up... people could see in through the sides. So... I figured I'd hide the Troll in my lap so that these people couldn't see what I was doing. Mere seconds pass before I realize that hiding the Troll my actually "look" worse... WTF IS THAT LADY DOING IN HER LAP?

Well, I finished both of those DIVAS... dropped the top and they looked pretty sweet... hair whippin' in the wind. But the best thing was that I kept looking at both of them standing there together and thinking about "Freebie Friends". UHOH that was a really sweet thing that you did. She makes me laugh and brings a little tear to my eye.

'Ola, you make me laugh so much!! My hubband had to come find out why I was guffawing all over the place. All I could think of when I read that was the now-infamous "popcorn lady!!!!" But you are so right - those flowers look like they were made for the "topless troll girls." And they look SO happy!!! It's all worth it.

RG, my dad would have "inspected" the hole, and then "helped" the hole. Get bigger, of course. Based on the good boy's defense in the face of the administration, maybe you could have used a superman patch!? I'm still proud of him - I was thinking about what he did all day today. Along with 'Ola and her troll babies.

Old 04-16-2009 | 09:45 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
((( Hugs Vivi ))) Thanks.

Hey, where's Kiki been lately????
Hi. Thanks for asking. I have been working on the City Budget, lots and lots of late hours. Trying to balance the budget and not cut jobs. We survive on property taxes and sales tax and neither is doing well. To top it off I have a cold, but I should not complain. I don't think that I have had one for several years. With me however, a cold drops immediately to the chest and breathing is not very easy. Time to get out all of the meds and make the "magic mix". I may not breath any better but at least I don't care. We have a MINI meet tomorrow night but I may not make it. With all of the coughing I doubt that the restaurant wants me any where close by. The wind this last week has not helped since I have allergies too. Funny how when you can't breath you have no energy. You would think that me with my allergies and asthma would avoid a cabrio. Hardly, that's what meds are for!

I worked my way through the thread tonight and enjoyed all of the conversation. Love the trolls and the hair clips. I could also relate to the lost keys. I had a flat a while back and had to leave MINI at my Dad's. I left him the keys and took his car. The next morning, I grabbed my other keys, so as to lock the house, and never gave it another thought. I picked up MINI the next evening (my Dad is a doll, he had the tire reseated while I was at work) and continued to drive with set #2. About a week later I noticed set #1 was missing. I tore the house apart. As I mentally retraced my steps over the prior week, it was like duh, you left the keys with Dad and what is worse, I put them in his china cabinet myself! I call it "cotton candy for brains". Lots of fluff but little substance.

Well goodnight to all and I will try to drop in more often. I hear my meds calling; or maybe that's just the ones from earlier today? I must get better for the weekend, MINI never misses a bath. Well only twice and it was raining both times, so that doesn't count. Our anniversary is coming up in July. She has her headlights on a new anntena topper and motoring badge. That's her thing. She changes them out for the holidays and seasons. Right now it is a big sunshine anntena topper wearing sunglasses and a badge that says "Push to Inflate". Sunday it may be 97 degrees and she may have to switch to her summer zorries badge.

Old 04-17-2009 | 07:40 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
It's Kiki!!!! Welcome back kiddo. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I think you gave it to me - this morning I'm feeling a tad woozy. Not a good sign, especially when I have to at least LOOK like i'm on my toes...

Old 04-17-2009 | 07:45 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Oops, double post...?

Old 04-17-2009 | 08:13 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi everyone and happy Friday!

Old 04-17-2009 | 09:14 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Happy Friday everyone!

Gem: It really was!

Ola, did I mention that those troll girls with their daisies are ADORABLE!!

Sarah yeah... my dad would have done the same, my husband just doesn't believe in that. He'd rather make everyone laugh.

Old 04-17-2009 | 04:35 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
TGIF!!!

I know how you feel UhOh.

One of my brother-in-laws and his son came up to visit us the last weekend in March. They both were coughing and hacking. Evidently they brought some bug with them from Florida. The wife came down with something within a couple of days; I followed suit about two days later. We both missed three days of work. This thing has gone from my head, to my throat, down into my chest, and now its back up in my head. I just hope to be rid of it before MOTD. LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Old 04-17-2009 | 06:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey everybody!! Happy Friday!!! This was a difficult week, timing wise. But I was here in spirit!!

Ola, honey,,, those are two really hot and sassy troll dollies!!!
Those little flowers are perfect for them and I swear both of them look like they have thicker shiner hair now!! Are you sure you didn't add extensions????? I am not positive but I thought I heard Barry White again in the background.....

I am sorry to hear that some of you are or have been sick.... I actually have gone 2 fulls days without a sinus headache woooohooo!!
so, Gem, you already started the new position , eh? How did the broom closet boss take the news??

Okay I admit it I am tired,, I really wanted to add some smilies but just am too lazy tonight to go searching for them...
You all with have to use your imagination....

Old 04-18-2009 | 06:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Good Morning Everyone, OLA love these beautiful lil' girls!!!

Yes i started my new job wednesday and liking the work, liking my office, and the company dog is tring to get used to me! but that is another story- I should write a book some day on the experiences of finding a job in this economy!! A comedy no doubt!
Hope everyone that is sick get better quick!!
It is supposed to be 70's today so Nugget will get a bath and then i want to plant some flowers out in the yard. Spruce up hte place a little...
we have friends coming in from Scotland for most of the month in May and need to get ready for their visit!! I'm so excited for them to arrive!

will check in later, oh and the new job does not allow internet usage!

Old 04-18-2009 | 08:43 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi everyone, it's raining so it's a - no drive day! Morning early birds!

Old 04-18-2009 | 06:45 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So tonight hubby took his son and my nugget to pick up the pizza for dinner...
My step son has never been in the MINI, as he says he is too tall (6'7") but hubby said "come on we are taking the MINI"
they got in and off they went, when they returned my step son had a big smile on his face and was saying how amazing the car was and how surprised he was. He mentioned he was able to adjust the seat lower and that was one of his major problems with cars.
After he left I said to hubby, "well he seemed like he liked it" and hubby said "do you know what he said"? when they slowed down, son was really smiling and looked at dad and said "it sounded like the car was smiling"!
what a great description, sounded like the car was smiling. I love that coming from a grown man!!! Made my evening and just wanted to share that with the folk that
know what it is all about!:

Old 04-18-2009 | 06:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
what a great day!!! I spent 3 hours today giving Nugget a Spa Day, she is beautiful!
sorry it rained for you Sika.
tomorrow is supposed to be another great day for us hopefully it will be better for you too.
I went topless today after all that hard work, it was well deserved to show her off and for me to smile really big.

Old 04-18-2009 | 10:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Just saying "hi"... 'er... I mean "goodnight"! Maybe stop in tomorrow. Been running around all over and buying plants and then planting. We've got 2 pallets of mulch to spread out too. I'm pretty hurty all over. Trolls are doing well. My brother is coming here on Saturday with his wife and the two girls. I have so much stuff to get done and I have to make a cake too... a special one. I have a plan... but last time the cake ended up being something totally different than my plan. We'll see.

Doesn't it always feel like you have so much time to get things done and then it's like crazy crunch time at the end? Why is that?

Old 04-18-2009 | 11:24 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I went to a party at our mini dealer and now I'm really thinking about buying a Clubman....

Old 04-19-2009 | 03:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
I went to a party at our mini dealer and now I'm really thinking about buying a Clubman....
Yeah they are pretty nice, everything we go to the dealership, hubby sits in a clubman and i want him to get one.

Keep us informed if you do.

Old 04-19-2009 | 04:17 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Just saying "hi"... 'er... I mean "goodnight"! Maybe stop in tomorrow. Been running around all over and buying plants and then planting. We've got 2 pallets of mulch to spread out too. I'm pretty hurty all over. Trolls are doing well. My brother is coming here on Saturday with his wife and the two girls. I have so much stuff to get done and I have to make a cake too... a special one. I have a plan... but last time the cake ended up being something totally different than my plan. We'll see.

Doesn't it always feel like you have so much time to get things done and then it's like crazy crunch time at the end? Why is that?
Hey OLA have a great time ith your family today... don't forget to show us your cake!!!!!!!
If you need a taste tester i'm here for you!

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:44 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hey OLA have a great time ith your family today... don't forget to show us your cake!!!!!!!
If you need a taste tester i'm here for you!
Meee Tooo 'Ola!!

Gotta go take advantage of the nice weather to paint & do stuff for the house. Have a GREAT day, Freebies!

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:48 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
What?!? Ummm... can I have your real Mini when you get your Clubman?

Hey Sika- you weren't kidding about rain! Just saw the Weather Channel... you can't drive your MINI through 7+ inches of rain! Looks like it really builds up in certain areas too. Just wondering... does the area around Momentum get flooded? Or maybe don't tell me.

Gem, my girl... family is coming next week. They're coming on the 25th and staying for about a week. They'll stay at my mom's for sleeping... but I'm the one with the pool. I bought the girls "citrus slice" pool floats (they go with their citrus slice PJ's that I bought). Originally I was going to do a sort of replica of my pool... but there's too much rock work and making plants and stuff... would have had to start a month ago to get that stuff done. But I'm thinking that I will make a giant "citrus slice ISLAND" surrounded by water. There will be a Flamingo character representing each one of us on this island. I will make little bathing suits and stuff to match with the girls suits and then just whatever for the rest of us. I think I will probably make my brother Flamingo into a grilling one with a BBQ and don't know what else for the rest yet. My Flamingo will probably be doing something bad like a cannonball or something. Of course, since this will only be my SECOND cake using FONDANT... it might just end up being a last minute cake. I always have lofty ideas in my mind... wish me luck guys!

Cab- Those Trolls ARE little hotties 'eh? They really crack me up. I know what you mean about the smilies... these ones are kind of boring but sometimes it takes too much time... especially if you just don't feel like it. Glad you're having a stretch of at least two ok days!

UHOH- Where you at girl? Hope you're not stuck in bed sick somewhere. Still lovin' that Troll! Hopefully you'll get over your crud before the
M-O-T-D (I used a really deep voice to say that... like the announcer for wrestling... just so you know!)

KIKI- It's been such a long time! Glad to hear from you. Earlier in this thread... you were like the one person that "got" me. Missed ya'!

Hal- I bet you've got EVERYTHING all packed and itineraries ready... don't you? Well, it takes all of us to make this world go 'round... crazies and not so crazies. (I was considering myself to be one of the "crazies"... but perhaps I am not.)

RG- Hope all is well for you. How's your SuperHero Husband? I think your stories are funny. I've read through some of your blogs and I see that you live your life like everything is an event... just like me! Even the smallest of events can be seen through the silly glasses. Personally, I think it's a fun way to live!

And just like yesterday... I stopped for a break and ate popcorn. And wouldn't you know it... as I'm munching away... Barry White starts playing in my mind and I'm reliving that whole "popcorn lady" event! I only wish I had started recording that whole scene immediately 'cause you guys really missed out on the good stuff!

TNMM- You've been quiet. Where are you?

'Kay... I've got to go put on the Ben Gay and get to work. Does Ben Gay have a SPF rating? FYI- It does not keep mosquitoes away.

Old 04-19-2009 | 09:05 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hal- I bet you've got EVERYTHING all packed and itineraries ready... don't you? Well, it takes all of us to make this world go 'round... crazies and not so crazies. (I was considering myself to be one of the "crazies"... but perhaps I am not.)

RG- Hope all is well for you. How's your SuperHero Husband? I think your stories are funny. I've read through some of your blogs and I see that you live your life like everything is an event... just like me! Even the smallest of events can be seen through the silly glasses. Personally, I think it's a fun way to live!
Hal's not so much "crazy" or "not so crazy" as he is (and I think I am) "organizer of chaos" and "not such a good organizer of chaos."

And you're right about RG - I think it can describe all of us Freebie types - living for the adventure of life, not just humdrumming ourselves through life. Besides, RG is just downright cooooool. Speaking of whom...somebody's birthday is coming up in a month or two....What's the hubband getting you this year, RG??

And just for you, 'Ola - good luck with the !!!!

Old 04-19-2009 | 09:28 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Not quite yet. Still working on the MINI this weekend and next. Still gotta finish the "Save the Wave" flag to go on my aerial. I put new brake pads on the rear yesterday and improved the mount for my GPS.

I hoping to finish the flag and few other things this weekend. Next weekend I hope to give the MINI a good wash and detailing before MOTD.

Will probably get everything packed Wednesday evening before. Sure do wish you could have made it; maybe next year?

Old 04-19-2009 | 06:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, i thought you would all appreciate this funny photo. We had our 2 year old grandson for the weekend and I happen to have gotten a MINI bulldog tattoo last weekend at an event we attended.... hum....what to do with a tattoo???? Grandson, tattoo, grandson, tattoo...
we we put in on the grandson but didn't tell parents, wanted to surprise them during bath time...
THEY WERE SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-img_4887.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009 | 07:15 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
What?!? Ummm... can I have your real Mini when you get your Clubman?

LOL No. If we do get a clubman we're keeping the 77 Mini too. The classic is almost paid off so there's no big reason to sell her...

Old 04-20-2009 | 04:21 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning Freebies- Sorry I've been so silent- my hubby has been out of town and I've had to cart kids everywhere, plus yesterday was the March for Babies March of Dimes event. I got involved as a good friend (he's my colt starter, she's just one heck of a gal), had a baby born 15 weeks early and March of Dimes has been instrumental in getting our gal in good shape. She's almost a year old and WOW.. what a story.
Anyway, we raised over $4500 as a team, and I personally raised $610. We marched in the rain (2 miles) and had a blast. News said there were about 1500 people there yesterday- I had guessed under a 1,000 (actually I'd guessed about 500) - would have been a ZOO had it been sunny and pretty.
So that's the short version of being quiet. Off to get kids to school (that are 45 minutes away from eachother... yawn), come home, clean up, feed the critters, etc, and then do the pick ups- get dinner and then PINEWOOD DERBY for Scouts. and my Hubby comes home WOO HOOO!!!

TTFN

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...