Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009 | 05:33 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hi all, i thought you would all appreciate this funny photo. We had our 2 year old grandson for the weekend and I happen to have gotten a MINI bulldog tattoo last weekend at an event we attended.... hum....what to do with a tattoo???? Grandson, tattoo, grandson, tattoo...
we we put in on the grandson but didn't tell parents, wanted to surprise them during bath time...
THEY WERE SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!
Gem, that's HILARIOUS!!!

Old 04-20-2009 | 05:41 AM
DrewN
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hi all, i thought you would all appreciate this funny photo. We had our 2 year old grandson for the weekend and I happen to have gotten a MINI bulldog tattoo last weekend at an event we attended.... hum....what to do with a tattoo???? Grandson, tattoo, grandson, tattoo...
we we put in on the grandson but didn't tell parents, wanted to surprise them during bath time...
THEY WERE SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!
OMG

I dared my 10 yo nephew to sharpie an "sXe" on his palm, but no one got it. Need to be an 80s kid I guess.

Old 04-20-2009 | 02:38 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everybody!! Wow, what a great weekend, and today nothing but solid rain. But at least we had a great weekend.
I had this wonderfully long, clever (well, at least in my mind) note for posting on here and I was multi tasking on the computer---( I was mixing new music for my Zen) of course I thought that I hit the button to eject the CD that I was ripping but I hit the reset button... lost my entire note. I was so disgusted that I didn't attempt to re write anything last night. RG I think I need some of your "computer nerdness" *L*
Gem, your grandson is adorable and the bulldog tat is hysterical...!

I know there is more to write about but it is past 5:30 and I guess I need to prep a meal,,,, sigh A womans work is never done.,,,,,

Old 04-20-2009 | 02:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Woman's work... . I've spent some time over the past few days getting my You Tube clips and diagrams ready for posting for my dysfunctional seat that I repaired. The tech and service manager were both too stupid to figure it out. When you're bored... or if you ever have your seat clunking... go here:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ent-clunk.html .

Gem- your grandson looks like he's gonna be a badass when he gets older! (It's probably just the tat... but I imagine him in the WWF or something!) He's got the eyes that will get the ladies too!

Old 04-20-2009 | 06:24 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay,, I am back,,, does anyone else watch 24? I was a "late bloomer" but now am thoroughly addicted to it.
I know we were discussing liquid sandpaper a while back. RJ was thinking her hubby was going to experiment on an out of sight cabinet,,, RJ if you see this did you guys try it yet?

Or has anyone else tried it??

Ola,, I have another question,,, how do you secure your sweet little trolls to your dash??
I really wish we could attend the MOTD but it is not to be, hopefully you all that are going can find time to post us some stories while back in your rooms at night.... please???? pretty please???

Old 04-20-2009 | 07:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I wish I could go to the Dragon too. (Although I am very excited to see my two little nieces here in FL! ) I just went to killboy.com and I found a pic from when I was there in July of '06. I didn't know how to rev-match or any of that stuff though. We also had our baby kitten George in the car... we'd just picked him up the day before in AL. I'm afraid if I was let loose on there... I'd be an animal! Ok... not really... or maybe... . The link to my pic is: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...0N80F0000&po=0 ... don't know if it'll work or not. The car was dirty... didn't know that people take pics of you as you drive by! But at least I can say I've been there! And I DO have the T-shirt... and the license plate frame.

Cab- I attach my Trolls with this:

I cut a piece wide enough to stick on the dash (the hard plastic part on the edge of the long vent) and then I cut little circles and stick those on the feet. The two sides just snap together in place. I cut the circular end of the tab off since it is not needed to release the strip on the dash.

Old 04-20-2009 | 08:59 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I know we were discussing liquid sandpaper a while back. RJ was thinking her hubby was going to experiment on an out of sight cabinet,,, RJ if you see this did you guys try it yet? Or has anyone else tried it??
Cab...sorry we have not tried it yet. My AM Saturday is now filled with a Ladies Only Golf Clinic at a Local Course...after just one lesson I'm Putting better!! 4 more to go.

We should start to use the stuff this or next weekend...I promise I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-21-2009 | 08:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey, 'Ola, how's the coming along?

Old 04-21-2009 | 02:25 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hey, 'Ola, how's the coming along?
Ahhh... the cake. I won't make the actual "cake" part until Friday night probably. It's gotta be FRESH!

I stayed up way too late working on Flamingoes. The stuff I was going to use to dry the fondant Flamingoes and palm trees now has a scent to it which is like a disgusting flowery smell. I'm worried that the things won't dry enough on their own. I may have to redo them with the other stuff that dries hard. I made a BBQ grill and little burgers and all of the basic forms for the Flamingo bodies. I'll continue to think about it while I clean.

I figured out a way to make the surrounding water... it will be clear hard candy. Tried making a bit last night but didn't realize that the thermometer I had didn't go past 230 until it stopped ... needs to go to 300! I know there are tricks to test what stage by dropping it in water but I didn't have that info in front of me last night. I had a gooey blue sugary mess but it tasted good... a little like cotton candy. mmmm. Anyway... just wanted to get a feel for how that process would work if I wanted to do it. I think it will be ok!

I am probably not going to be able to get on here too much over the next couple of days because I've got so much to do. However, once they are here and we're dealing with issues (mostly due to the sister in law)... I am sure I will need to come on here and "de-stress". I think it's already starting with minor crap here today. I think if I didn't have my little nieces then I would probably not visit with them much anymore. Kinda sad. But I'll do my best to make everything as much fun as possible. OR... I could just go to THE DRAGON!!!! If things start going downhill... maybe I'll just head that way! 'Kay... probably not. But maybe... . What was that Freebie channel again??

But for everyone that's going- have a blast!

UHOH- Thanks for the cake girl. I love her.

Old 04-21-2009 | 04:29 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I wish I could go to the Dragon too. (Although I am very excited to see my two little nieces here in FL! ) I just went to killboy.com and I found a pic from when I was there in July of '06. I didn't know how to rev-match or any of that stuff though. We also had our baby kitten George in the car... we'd just picked him up the day before in AL. I'm afraid if I was let loose on there... I'd be an animal! Ok... not really... or maybe... . The link to my pic is: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...0N80F0000&po=0 ... don't know if it'll work or not. The car was dirty... didn't know that people take pics of you as you drive by! But at least I can say I've been there! And I DO have the T-shirt... and the license plate frame.

I cut a piece wide enough to stick on the dash (the hard plastic part on the edge of the long vent) and then I cut little circles and stick those on the feet. The two sides just snap together in place. I cut the circular end of the tab off since it is not needed to release the strip on the dash.
Ola that is an AWESOME idea!

Does it peel back off clean?

Old 04-21-2009 | 05:47 PM
cabwy
6th Gear

Ola,,, you are the brightest little thing!! Seriously, you amaze me with your ideas and solutions.... these picture hangers look like a great idea..

Old 04-21-2009 | 05:49 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Cab...sorry we have not tried it yet. My AM Saturday is now filled with a Ladies Only Golf Clinic at a Local Course...after just one lesson I'm Putting better!! 4 more to go.

We should start to use the stuff this or next weekend...I promise I'll keep you posted.

Ohhh,, aw right then.. I will try to be patient...

I actually am going to be home alone for a few weekends in May I may just go nuts and tackle this job all by myself. I would love if the liquid sandpaper would work well enough for the window's trim at least...
Wow,, taking some golf lessons,,, good for you!!

Old 04-21-2009 | 05:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Ahhh... the cake. I won't make the actual "cake" part until Friday night probably. It's gotta be FRESH!

I stayed up way too late working on Flamingoes. The stuff I was going to use to dry the fondant Flamingoes and palm trees now has a scent to it which is like a disgusting flowery smell. I'm worried that the things won't dry enough on their own. I may have to redo them with the other stuff that dries hard. I made a BBQ grill and little burgers and all of the basic forms for the Flamingo bodies. I'll continue to think about it while I clean.

I figured out a way to make the surrounding water... it will be clear hard candy. Tried making a bit last night but didn't realize that the thermometer I had didn't go past 230 until it stopped ... needs to go to 300! I know there are tricks to test what stage by dropping it in water but I didn't have that info in front of me last night. I had a gooey blue sugary mess but it tasted good... a little like cotton candy. mmmm. Anyway... just wanted to get a feel for how that process would work if I wanted to do it. I think it will be ok!

I am probably not going to be able to get on here too much over the next couple of days because I've got so much to do. However, once they are here and we're dealing with issues (mostly due to the sister in law)... I am sure I will need to come on here and "de-stress". I think it's already starting with minor crap here today. I think if I didn't have my little nieces then I would probably not visit with them much anymore. Kinda sad. But I'll do my best to make everything as much fun as possible. OR... I could just go to THE DRAGON!!!! If things start going downhill... maybe I'll just head that way! 'Kay... probably not. But maybe... . What was that Freebie channel again??

But for everyone that's going- have a blast!

UHOH- Thanks for the cake girl. I love her.
OH YES!!! YES YES YES, come to the Dragon!!! TNMINIMama (Vivi) and I will make sure you have a sleeping spot! Sorry to hear about the SIL (sister in law) though. Bad relatives are like...*does she dare say it!?!* BAD APPLES!!!

Why didn't you just make the water blue cotton candy? Not "sparkly" enough?

Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Ola that is an AWESOME idea!

Does it peel back off clean?
Have you seriously never used these before? They're awesome! Peels off verrrrry cleanly.

Old 04-21-2009 | 05:57 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Have you seriously never used these before? They're awesome! Peels off verrrrry cleanly.

Nope. I will be now!!!

Old 04-21-2009 | 06:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OLA your mind is amazing, you are so creative!

Hi everyone. How's things? Looks like some are getting ready for the Dragon, don't forget to get some pix for us.

OLA, you are giving me a sweet tooth!

Old 04-21-2009 | 06:05 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Miniola - the Freebie channel 12 sub 9 and the main is 7 sub 21.

Well i had a bit of automotive drama today. I get a call from the wife this afternoon. She says there's a big puddle oil under her Subaru. She checked the dipstick and it indicates no oil.

I get off work before she does, so I stop by a parts store and pick up some oil and a filter. I get to her workplace and there's what looks like about a quart of oil on the ground, but no trail leading up to where she is parked.

Got underneath the car and found that the drain plug was almost but not quite unthreaded. So I tighten the plug up and put oil back in the engine. Started the engine and no leaks. The wife will be calling the dealership and give them a piece of her mind.

Old 04-21-2009 | 06:10 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC

Well i had a bit of automotive drama today. I get a call from the wife this afternoon. She says there's a big puddle oil under her Subaru. She checked the dipstick and it indicates no oil.

I get off work before she does, so I stop by a parts store and pick up some oil and a filter. I get to her workplace and there's what looks like about a quart of oil on the ground, but no trail leading up to where she is parked.

Got underneath the car and found that the drain plug was almost but not quite unthreaded. So I tighten the plug up and put oil back in the engine. Started the engine and no leaks. The wife will be calling the dealership and give them a piece of her mind.
Wait - "main" channel? For all of MOTD? DId i miss that in the instruction booklet??

WOW, Hal - that's NOT GOOD! At least she was observant enough to see the oil puddle. Did she just get an oil change at the dealer, or what?

Old 04-21-2009 | 06:34 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Wait - "main" channel? For all of MOTD? Did i miss that in the instruction booklet??

WOW, Hal - that's NOT GOOD! At least she was observant enough to see the oil puddle. Did she just get an oil change at the dealer, or what?
Go to page 3 for channel assignments.

She had an oil change and service back in February. Technician must have only hand tightened the plug but forgot to torque it down.

Old 04-21-2009 | 08:08 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC

Hal- that happened to me about 15 years ago- I had taken my Toyota pick up into the dealership for it's regular maintenance & oil change- dealership was in Nashville, I lived in Leiper's Fork at the time- half way home, my oil idiot light came on, the oil pressure gauge had dropped to nothing- I pulled off the interstate as quickly as I could and called a friend and the dealership, who proceeded to deny there was any problem. I was close to a service station, which brought a tow truck to get my truck, and they found that my drain plug was GONE... I had to threaten to sue the dealership to get this fixed... it was a mess-
I learned a lot that time, and luckily my truck didn't suffer any damage.

Best of luck-

Old 04-22-2009 | 06:13 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
*yawn* *stretch*

Mornin' Freebies.

Actually, although I've been up for hours, I feel more like this:

Old 04-22-2009 | 07:02 AM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
*yawn* *stretch*

Mornin' Freebies.

Actually, although I've been up for hours, I feel more like this:
Hours? I've been up for exactly 1 hr 45 minutes. One of the benefits of living next door to my workplace.

I'm just thankful that the week is half over... I'll be quite glad when we go to a 4 day workweek in the summer...

Old 04-22-2009 | 07:14 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by wbarnhill
Hours? I've been up for exactly 1 hr 45 minutes. One of the benefits of living next door to my workplace.

I'm just thankful that the week is half over... I'll be quite glad when we go to a 4 day workweek in the summer...
Quit gloating. *wanders off in search of more coffee.*

Old 04-22-2009 | 07:24 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
This is a really awesome video! Thought I'd share - just fascinating....

http://vimeo.com/4167288

Old 04-22-2009 | 09:38 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Ahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009 | 12:44 PM
wbarnhill
Coordinator :: Upstate MINIs
Having fun there?

Man, less than a week from the Dragon. Whew. I'm getting antsy!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...