Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009 | 07:46 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Old 05-05-2009 | 09:40 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Oh, I don't think any of THOSE posters were blasting Skillet, they were just referring to others who might've said something - today's updates on that thread are actually very well spoken and not mean at all. I think it was a semi-understandable knee-jerk reaction/misinterpretation. And none of them really thought we were harmful/annoying. Again, I state for the record (as did Skillet on that thread) that we ASKED if we needed to be moved off-topic, and no one did it.

*sigh* I really want a classic. I REEEALLLY want a classic Mini TRUCK though... THat would be both awesome AND practical!
No, some of them were seriously blasting skillet. They were basically calling him an uninformed n00b, which kills me because skillet posted asking for the help of people more knowledgeable than himself because of that very fact. They were jerks. Period.

I want a mini truck too... like this one.

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:11 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Either way, Skillet's more than a man to take it - he's got a really good sense of humor, and can roll with it, no matter what, it seems.

*snif snif* I really want to win the lottery, so I can get one. The youtube of this is a little squiffy (shows the same shot-reel at least twice ), but seems a decent piece from what little the sensors will let me see! It's BRG. http://new.minimania.com/web/id/7603...ale_Detail.cfm

I love gasmini's truck, especially.

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:03 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I read the thread that Skillet posted up. Yeah I thought some of the guys were being kinda jerks about it but honestly he needs to go look at other Mini's because the one he's looking at is going to take ALOT of work. There's rust in some places that if it gets worse your strut is probably going to go through the boot...

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:39 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
hhmm, I see in another few years we 3 on a classic mini rally.......

Old 05-05-2009 | 01:14 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
hhmm, I see in another few years we 3 on a classic mini rally.......
And probably still on a classic Mini Thread!!!!

Old 05-05-2009 | 01:51 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
And probably still on a classic Mini Thread!!!!

Ooohh, so true so true.... why do I , all of a sudden feel like I did in 8th grade,,,???

Last edited by cabwy; 05-05-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2009 | 02:10 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Oooh, I forgot to tell you guys! While in my inadvertent convoy to MOTD (fell in with 12 other MINIs from Hampton Roads), we were just about to Fontana, enjoying the nice day (before it poured)...tootling along with music playing, sunroof open, and windows down, minding my OWN BUSINESS....when WHACK! Something smashed into my driver-side mirror arm and splashed God-only-knew-what on my neck. EEEEYAEWWWWW!!!! I thought I hit one of the birds trying to race my shiny MINI. WHen we finally stopped, I got out to check the damage - I found that it was a GIANT suicidal moth!! This was all that was left of it...or so I thought:

That, by the way, is only one wing. ANYWAY...later that day, I was talking to Cabwy and TNMiniMama while I was cleaning the inside of my hatch window - distracted by them, of course, so my brain wasn't paying close attention - and couldn't figure out how I'd gotten yellow bug splat on the INSIDE of my back window. That evening, before it got dark, I was fussing around in my hatch, and LO AND BEHOLD, I found the REST of the suicidal moth in the very back bootwell!! It was GI-HU-GIC!! No wonder I thought it was a bird...ICK. ick ick ick.

I still have to post pics of suicidal butterfly and the bee in my bonnet, too. Cab came up with THAT joke, by the way, when she saw how giant THAT bee was. I must have done a really good job on that claybar stuff - I had all kinds of giant bugs trying to commit suicide on my beautiful shiny car!!

Old 05-05-2009 | 06:06 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
This is a pic of the MOTD suicidal butterfly. This bugger DOVE in front of the car, and then held on for over 20 miles, while I did twisties at 50-70 MPH...And he was still alive! Cabwy, my friend's 7yr old daughter and I were pretty sure he wasn't going to make it, so we peeled him off and set him down by the river behind our cabin. Cab cried, but we made her laugh, so it was all better.

And HERE is the BEE in my BONNET!! There were huge carpenter bees everywhere (they were about the size of golfballs, some of them!) and evidently some were suicidal. This one may still be stuck in my bonnet (I haven't checked yet.) I was watching them fuss around on the porch of the Rec center, and Cabwy tried to tell me, "the ones with the yellow dot on their noses are harmless and won't sting you." Ok, babe...how about YOU check out their noses. I'll stay over HERE.

Old 05-05-2009 | 07:16 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Those are really big bugs. I think that moth could take out a Classic...

Old 05-05-2009 | 07:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OMG - X that is some large insects!!!
can some one add me to the list of a classic mini?
I would like any one of the classic, truck, car ... anything. About 6 months back we were out running errands and I say a classic Rover, right side drive, in a used exotic car lot, so we stoppend it was beautiful what with a blue convertible snap on top. in great condition. as we were walking away another couple was walking up and a couple weeks later it was gone.

Old 05-05-2009 | 07:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
This is a pic of the MOTD suicidal butterfly. This bugger DOVE in front of the car, and then held on for over 20 miles, while I did twisties at 50-70 MPH...And he was still alive! Cabwy, my friend's 7yr old daughter and I were pretty sure he wasn't going to make it, so we peeled him off and set him down by the river behind our cabin. Cab cried, but we made her laugh, so it was all better.

And HERE is the BEE in my BONNET!! There were huge carpenter bees everywhere (they were about the size of golfballs, some of them!) and evidently some were suicidal. This one may still be stuck in my bonnet (I haven't checked yet.) I was watching them fuss around on the porch of the Rec center, and Cabwy tried to tell me, "the ones with the yellow dot on their noses are harmless and won't sting you." Ok, babe...how about YOU check out their noses. I'll stay over HERE.

OOhh, that poor little butterfly,, he was so brave,, hung on as long as he could,,, hey anyone that wasn't hardened by the war would have cried!!
And as for the yellow dot on the nose,,,,,DID YOU GET STUNG???? Nooo I didn't think so..!!

Old 05-05-2009 | 08:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Did I? I don't remember doing so...

RJ did I thought. RJ, wasn't that you?
It was me!! I wasn't going to let them rain on our Parade!! I've not contributed much, but I've followed this thread since the beginning and I want to see it continue, moved or not. FREEBIES RULE!!!

Old 05-05-2009 | 08:40 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Good Job, RJ!! It still makes me marvel that this thread is so irritating to some of the others out there... sigh. I thought your opinion was spot on!!

Old 05-06-2009 | 06:10 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Mornin' Freebies. I'm so sleepy today! And now I must go off and sit and listen to boring people tell me about their trip to the desert. As if I haven't had enough of THAT already!?! *sigh.* I'll talk to ya'll later. *trundles off with extra coffee.*

Old 05-06-2009 | 07:15 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Talking about the desert, UhOh?? Are you referring to a stint in the army??

Hey Ola,,, I come back to life on here and you fall off?? What gives/?? Come back and entertain me!!

And where is my TNmm???? If I recall correctly she hasn't bn on much for several weeks, she slips on and giggles a few times and disappears,,,,

RG and RJ,, I promise to Do better and keep track of what you all say and who said it,, I am sure the others will also!!

This is my third day fighting migraines,,, this morning I was up at 5 am and thot I would throw up from the pain, usually the meds kick in within an hour and I can still manage my day but today, OMG it took til 9:30 to bounce back and I still am only like 70%. I don't start my work day til 1:00 so am keeping my fingers crossed,,,
Anyone else on here fight migraines??

Old 05-06-2009 | 08:51 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Talking about the desert, UhOh?? Are you referring to a stint in the army??
"stint" in the Army can mean so many things, sweetie - MY "stint" in the Army has lasted 11 years (as of this past weekend, yayhappyanniversarytome) so.... I was referring to their latest deployment. And the presentation was as inane as I anticipated. *sigh*

Hey Ola,,, I come back to life on here and you fall off?? What gives/?? Come back and entertain me!!
Entertain ALL of us, 'Ola!

This is my third day fighting migraines,,, this morning I was up at 5 am and thot I would throw up from the pain, usually the meds kick in within an hour and I can still manage my day but today, OMG it took til 9:30 to bounce back and I still am only like 70%. I don't start my work day til 1:00 so am keeping my fingers crossed,,,
Sorry to hear that - when I first moved here I was having 24-7 migraines for about 10 months. Talk about painful! Hard to drive, too. Pretty sure it was a cost of the profession (can we say "STREEEESSSS???") I tamed them with environmental attention (making sure I was able to calm myself down at all times, had a nice calm desk area, noise reducing headphones, etc.) and tried to stay off the drugs the doctors were pushing on me - i mean reeeeally? three sets of drugs: one to combat the headaches, and two others to combat the severe side effects of drug one and two? It was almost worse taking the meds than putting up with the migraine! All that being said, I hope you feel better very soon Cab.

Old 05-06-2009 | 09:17 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
And where is my TNmm???? If I recall correctly she hasn't bn on much for several weeks, she slips on and giggles a few times and disappears,,,,

GIGGLE!!!

<exit, stage left>

Old 05-06-2009 | 09:26 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear

Oh dear Cab,
Any chance this could be allergy related or enhanced? It *is* that season... Have you ever tried a netti pot? It might help get any environmental pollutants out of your system, so your bod can work on the headache or cause of the headache without the other crud...

Of course, Dr. Vivi (not to be confused with "Dr. Wuuf"), is prescribing a long massage to de-stress (and throw in some lymphatic drainage work) followed by a nice bath in epsom salts, a few glasses of chilled lemon water to drink, a lovely lunch of nice greens with a protein of your choice (personally, I really could do a grilled salmon salad over mesculun greens with strawberries & spring onions and a sesame vineagrette, right about now). For dessert, we are serving a dark chocolate souffle with raspberry coulis and shards of dark chocolate.

<OK, I'm hungry now>

Old 05-06-2009 | 10:04 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OOhh, that poor little butterfly,, he was so brave,, hung on as long as he could,,, hey anyone that wasn't hardened by the war would have cried!!
And as for the yellow dot on the nose,,,,,DID YOU GET STUNG???? Nooo I didn't think so..!!

Yeah, well, no she didn't get stung, but OMG Cab that was hysterical when you told her that and then UHOH proceeded to do it! Woman you are TOO FUNNY!!! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, I had to hold on to you to keep from falling over~
I bet UHOH was glad you stayed back at the cabin instead of joining us on our white water trip... Hate to think what you could have talked her into there!

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:38 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
GIGGLE!!!

<exit, stage left>

Ooooh, you are such a bad chickie!!

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:40 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yeah, well, no she didn't get stung, but OMG Cab that was hysterical when you told her that and then UHOH proceeded to do it! Woman you are TOO FUNNY!!! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, I had to hold on to you to keep from falling over~
I bet UHOH was glad you stayed back at the cabin instead of joining us on our white water trip... Hate to think what you could have talked her into there!

We simply must plan another get together real soon......

Old 05-06-2009 | 11:46 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
I really should try the neti pot,,, several of my clients use them and swear by them. I am very impressed at your suggestions Uhm, you do remember what I do for a living, right?????

I think whenever I travel it messes with my allergic symptoms for sure...
But the main reason for the huge ( and I do mean huge) increase in my migraines is the ortho work that I am enduring on my lower teeth-- trying to help a textbook case of Bruxism and TMJ. It is really messing with my scalenes and occipital muscles... But! I am almost over the main portion of my treatment so hopefully I will see a lessoning of my symptoms.
Thanks for the concern though!! doesn't anyone else suffer from these?? My mom had them, passed them onto me and my youngest son is now getting them also.

Oh dear Cab,
Any chance this could be allergy related or enhanced? It *is* that season... Have you ever tried a netti pot? It might help get any environmental pollutants out of your system, so your bod can work on the headache or cause of the headache without the other crud...

Of course, Dr. Vivi (not to be confused with "Dr. Wuuf"), is prescribing a long massage to de-stress (and throw in some lymphatic drainage work) followed by a nice bath in epsom salts, a few glasses of chilled lemon water to drink, a lovely lunch of nice greens with a protein of your choice (personally, I really could do a grilled salmon salad over mesculun greens with strawberries & spring onions and a sesame vineagrette, right about now). For dessert, we are serving a dark chocolate souffle with raspberry coulis and shards of dark chocolate.

<OK, I'm hungry now>

Old 05-06-2009 | 04:00 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I too have been wanting to get a classic Mini for quite some time; even before I got my current MINI.

When I was stationed in England back in the 70's, I had a Mini van and two saloons. I did all of my own maintenance. I still have my manual for them.

I wouldn't mind finding one that is a project car. I want to take it COMPLETELY apart, down to the bare sub-frames and body. I have my own sandblaster and welders to do any repairs. I know a friend who can help with body work and I think I can convince him to paint it for me.

The interior will be very spartan. I plan to put only one seat, but might put a front passenger seat for a navigator. Full roll cage also. What I want to have in the end is a car that is just street legal, but can be used for auto-cross and tracking.

I keep watching eBay, Hemming's, and the market place on this forum. Hopefully one of these days.

Old 05-06-2009 | 04:09 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Tn - just to give you a heads up. There's an auto-cross this Sunday at Motlow college at 10 AM. Let me know if you are interested. Here's the website for Tri-Lakes Sports Car Club. http://members.tripod.com/TLSCC/welcome.html

They're also having a road rally on the 4th of July.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...