Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009 | 02:08 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OK... sorry. Had to go look at it just one more time!

Going for real now. Maybe I'll be able to get on here again later.
CRUEL, VICIOUS WOMAN!!!

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:08 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Much better than "magic *****"!

Ya know, the Evil Irony is that Magic ***** take away stiffness

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:28 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I've watched it once so far, but didn't see Sir Cedric and the red L.

Is this footage of Friday's Dragon Parade?

Old 05-07-2009 | 03:35 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
I've watched it once so far, but didn't see Sir Cedric and the red L.

Is this footage of Friday's Dragon Parade?
Ummmm.... I'll get back to you on that. Yes?

Old 05-07-2009 | 04:07 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Ummmm.... I'll get back to you on that. Yes?
OTAY!

Old 05-07-2009 | 04:21 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Yes, it's Dragon Parade. I saw Wolfeee and Lady G in there, and a few Sunshine MINI cars (hard to miss with that big old badge on their doors, LOL)-
UhOh, Paleo, RD and I were heading the other direction, after having run a wonderful early morning run - At least I think P and RD were with us... Oh gawd, I'm loosing my mind! Anyone seen it?
And UhOh, there is only a couple of pix of you in those that were posted, the others are of RD in OxTox's Fiona... in fact, the "come to Jesus" shot is of RD...
TTFN

Old 05-07-2009 | 04:59 PM
dustinhxc
6th Gear
whoa~!!!! this threads still open !!! : )

Old 05-07-2009 | 05:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I FOUND ME!!

Sir Cedric shows up at about the 3:02 minute mark. WooHoo! This is really neat.

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:02 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OMG Hal, I didn't know you LOST YOU!!!

(you're old enough to remember the bumper stickers from the 70's that said "I found it"... had a friend who made similar bumper stickers that said "I lost it")

heh heh heh

(and a massive giggle fit just for Cab!)

I FOUND ME!!

Sir Cedric shows up at about the 3:02 minute mark. WooHoo! This is really neat.

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:07 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
UhOh- Here's a classic right up your alley.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...1%7C240%3A1318

Last edited by HalAC; 05-07-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2009 | 07:21 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey I forgot to ask TN and UhOh; how did the wheel lights work for you all?

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Ok... I'll stop.

I have to go do my work out in the pool now. Somehow it's warmed up to 89 degrees. Very therapeutic! Much better than "magic *****"!

MIRACLE *****,,, it's MIRACLE *****!!! Sheeeeeesch!

Ola, you and I seem to be on different posting schedules but I am glad that my picture helped bring you back out of "lurkdome: hee hee

BTW we have RG to thank for the Photo shopping,,, and my husband who dropped everything to take a pic of me in our front yard.

And back to my Miracle *****,,, "ahem" ;believe me it is hard to give those things as gifts

Uhoh I love your smileys,,,that is some original sh**!
Ok back to reading the posts..........

Old 05-07-2009 | 07:59 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Ya know, the Evil Irony is that Magic ***** take away stiffness
Oooooohhh,, did you just really SAY that???

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:03 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Hal- thanks for the wheel lights, but honestly I have no idea how they worked... I couldn't see them as they were on the wheels and my eyes were on the (very very wet) road! That said, I did feel like I had more light around Mocha than I was used to- altho when we did run the darkness run, we did it with high beams (and mirrors turned in). Being in the dark put a whole new spin on driving the dragon. I usually do really well with night driving, altho I don't do well with night city driving as I just don't switch back and forth with my eyes as quickly as others... so the dragon at night SHOULD have been fairly good for me, but with all those cars and all those lights, it messed with me...
That said, it was still fun
And thanks for the wheel lights- you are soooo cool!

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:07 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Those Dragon pictures really make me wanna go to a Rally real soon....thanks for sharing Uhoh,,,,,

Oh my I am not sure that I replied to everything but it was a busy day and I am ready to say night night.
Sika was that you that said you have migraines also? Mine start with this little shimmery lighten bolt light that grows and grows til it obliterates my vision.... this is my signal that I have approximately 20 minutes to pull off the road or stop anything that requires serious attention and to pop an Imitrex( which I don't have to take anything else to counteract it's ill effects) if I miss this window and don't get an Imitrex I will be prostate with pain,,,, I carry those little magic pills with me always!!

Tnmm- have you ever tried Craniosacral? It works wonders on headaches and tight necks/shoulders..
I worked on a young lady today; she gets her exercise by working out on a trapese--WOW! What a great physique and WOW what nasty congested- loaded with trigger points- muscles.......

Last edited by cabwy; 05-07-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Got my people mixed up again!
Old 05-07-2009 | 08:09 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Oooooohhh,, did you just really SAY that???

<giggle>

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:16 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Those Dragon pictures really make me wanna go to a Rally real soon....thanks for sharing Uhoh,,,,,

Oh my I am not sure that I replied to everything but it was a busy day and I am ready to say night night.
Sika was that you that said you have migraines also? Mine start with this little shimmery lighten bolt light that grows and grows til it obliterates my vision.... this is my signal that I have approximately 20 minutes to pull off the road or stop anything that requires serious attention and to pop an Imitrex( which I don't have to take anything else to counteract it's ill effects) if I miss this window and don't get an Imitrex I will be prostate with pain,,,, I carry those little magic pills with me always!!

Tnmm- have you ever tried Craniosacral? It works wonders on headaches and tight necks/shoulders..
I worked on a young lady today; she gets her exercise by working out on a trapese--WOW! What a great physique and WOW what nasty congested- loaded with trigger points- muscles.......
Your green light is on... for now. But since I am here...

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:20 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dustinhxc
whoa~!!!! this threads still open !!! : )
YUP! Are we in trouble?

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:23 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Cab,
yeah, I tend to wear my shoulders as earrings ~ even after years of yoga, martial arts, body work, chiro, training, etc... so I do actually consciously raise and lower my shoulders to get the muscles to loosen... and I've been the recipient of a bit of Craniosacral. Currently, the Craniosacral person I go to does Upledger, which is interesting and subtle, altho I can feel my body unwinding... a friend had gone to California back in the late 80's for craniosacral and her style was completely different. Still an unwinding, but there was much more energy in it, and she also worked on my cranial plates... which I really liked, except it always gave me an ear ache, unless she could yank on my earlobes... I also had her rub my arms out when she'd work on me, otherwise I felt like the energy got "stuck" there...

Sorry, I understand body work, know my major muscle groups, understand the theory, but don't have all the language to describe what I mean...

ok, Cab, question for you - I've been having some SI pain, in fact I kind of feel like I'm compressed in that area- even with chiro and body work. When I work out, I go to to the bar and hang... seems to help quite a bit- so I was thinking about getting an inversion table. I used one a long time ago after a car accident, at a PT office. It did a lot of good (actually grew an inch and have never lost that)- so I was thinking it would help again- the only thing I don't like is that all the inversion tables I've looked at seem to use the ankles as the main anchor point - a number of years ago, tho, I had heard of one that had a strap across the thighs to take some of the pressure off the ankle joint...

Any thoughts?

I'm really sorry about those migraines. I had some when I was in high school and was laid up flat on my back and couldn't see (opening my eyes was like having a blinding sword go thru my head)... needed to be in a totally black dark room.
So I really feel for you-

Oh my I am not sure that I replied to everything but it was a busy day and I am ready to say night night. Hal, was that you that said you have migraines also? Mine start with this little shimmery lighten bolt light that grows and grows til it obliterates my vision.... this is my signal that I have approximately 20 minutes to pull off the road or stop anything that requires serious attention and to pop an Imitrex( which I don't have to take anything else to counteract it's ill effects) if I miss this window and don't get an Imitrex I will be prostate with pain,,,, I carry those little magic pills with me always!!

Old 05-07-2009 | 08:28 PM
miniola
6th Gear
MIRACLE *****,,, it's MIRACLE *****!!! Sheeeeeesch!

Ola, you and I seem to be on different posting schedules but I am glad that my picture helped bring you back out of "lurkdome: hee hee

BTW we have RG to thank for the Photo shopping,,, and my husband who dropped everything to take a pic of me in our front yard.

And back to my Miracle *****,,, "ahem" ;believe me it is hard to give those things as gifts

Uhoh I love your smileys,,,that is some original sh**!
Ok back to reading the posts..........
Magic *****... miracle *****... wonder *****... whatever *****...
So where do you put them? And TNMM is SO naughty. Irony is a funny thing!

Ok... gonna turn off my green light for tonight. Nice pic RG! Good effort Cab! Y'all must have a secret society somewhere, right?

Last edited by miniola; 05-07-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2009 | 06:42 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey I forgot to ask TN and UhOh; how did the wheel lights work for you all?
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hi Hal- thanks for the wheel lights, but honestly I have no idea how they worked... I couldn't see them as they were on the wheels and my eyes were on the (very very wet) road! That said, I did feel like I had more light around Mocha than I was used to- altho when we did run the darkness run, we did it with high beams (and mirrors turned in). Being in the dark put a whole new spin on driving the dragon. I usually do really well with night driving, altho I don't do well with night city driving as I just don't switch back and forth with my eyes as quickly as others... so the dragon at night SHOULD have been fairly good for me, but with all those cars and all those lights, it messed with me...
That said, it was still fun
And thanks for the wheel lights- you are soooo cool!
They were FULLY AWESOME!!!! (Anybody that's seen the movie Bolt should understand this term.) Brother tried to get a pic of Mocha with the wheel lights, but my camera wasn't set on sportsmotion and it didn't come out well - we're trying to get the stoopid video on Youtube, but it's huge right now ...more to follow. Maybe Mocha is on that! Another car got between us, but I could still see you on some of the twisties.

I LOVE the Dragon at ANY time! SO MUCH FUUUUUUNNNNN....( Can anybody tell that I"ve had my first cuppa today and I'm preparing cuppa #2???? )

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:30 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Cab: Welcome! I'll do better next time around!

X, V: Wheel lights? Enquiring minds wanna know!

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:34 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Cab: Welcome! I'll do better next time around!

X, V: Wheel lights? Enquiring minds wanna know!
Hal found something like these and gave V & I each a set! (Got 'em at Walmart or somethign? not as 'spensive as these, though.) They make your wheels look like pic #2 when in motion at night. FULLLLLLY AWWWEEESOME.

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:43 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I wonder if those are legal in Washington. I'll find out... and do they come in purple?

Old 05-08-2009 | 09:46 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
I wonder if those are legal in Washington. I'll find out... and do they come in purple?
Yah - you might have a problem there...we were only allowed to do it (i guess "allowed" is the right term) for the parade - and we also had blinkey lights on the cars (little blinkey colored magnetized thingies). None of the cops stopped us, but by the time we came off the Dragon, everybody was too worried about the crash to really pay much attention to the blinkey/shiny things. I think they DO come in purple though.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...