Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 12:15 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Minixb-
But I still want a classic.....are you ever asked to participate in parades? I think that would be fun...
I haven't done a parade yet in my Mini. Her first one is going to be the Fourth of July parade in Parkville, MO. I was going to do it last year but I was having some overheating issues and didn't want her sitting still for too long..

Old 05-13-2009 | 02:09 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
You should write letters, call lawyers, call councilmen, call the school board, call the news reporters. With the state of the education system as is, anything that is positive but the schools change will get a lot of negative publicity. Use your power of words, girl....
Oh, and get other parents involved.

Originally Posted by RandomGemini

Son just called from school. His math teacher, the guy that made my kid start doing well in math again... was just notified that his contract is not being renewed for next year.

He's the only math teacher that school has, and the kids get good grades and succeed in his class. They said his teaching methods were unorthodox and the district did not approve... it makes me want to write nasty letters and call lawyers. It's not right!

Old 05-13-2009 | 03:58 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey peoples,
not sure who was looking for a Riley Elf, maybe Miniola?

There's one on the market place.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ate/1220992311

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:24 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I checked out that elf and it looks like a good deal if anyone was wondering. I'm thinking about getting it for myself...

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:41 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
You should write letters, call lawyers, call councilmen, call the school board, call the news reporters. With the state of the education system as is, anything that is positive but the schools change will get a lot of negative publicity. Use your power of words, girl....
Oh, and get other parents involved.

Just found out my son did not have the entire story... the whole story is that this teacher applied for a transfer because of differences with school administration. He'll still have a job. At least, he would have if my son hadn't pasted the school with flyers about how his firing was wrong...

He's been suspended from school for two days for this stunt. Gah.. I just can't seem to get a break with this kid. Do you think they'll let me throw him back?

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:41 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hey peoples,
not sure who was looking for a Riley Elf, maybe Miniola?

There's one on the market place.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ate/1220992311
Hey thanks Hal! Yep... I am the Elf girl. I think I saw this one last year sometime... don't remember where though. I don't have any room for it now. I've got to sell my '05 Cabrio first and also I'd like for my 530i lease to be over. Even then... I'm still thinking I'm not "ready" yet.

MINIxB- I won't be upset if you go for it!

Geez- TNMM you've been a busy girl today!

Hi Freebies! Welcome new guys! RD I totally loved your pic that looked like you found Jesus on the Dragon! It really made me laugh... you looked like you were having SO much fun.

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:52 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
V: Licorice tea, switching to water from soda, reducing the sugar intake today and vacuuming the house from top to bottom seemed to help loads. Still can't step outside without feeling the hit to my system, but at least I can function in my house!

My daughter had interesting news for me when she got home too.. she said she was pretty sure that we hadn't vacuumed the entire house in at least two weeks...

Old 05-13-2009 | 05:04 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

MINIxB- I won't be upset if you go for it!
LOL I talked to my boyfriend and he says he doesn't want it. He wants a normal Mini so you can go for it.

Old 05-13-2009 | 05:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
LOL I talked to my boyfriend and he says he doesn't want it. He wants a normal Mini so you can go for it.
What's up with that?!? The husband says the same thing.

Old 05-13-2009 | 05:58 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
That's GREAT RG! Sometimes just a few little things can make such a difference.
When we built our home, we didn't put a rug in anywhere- have a few throw rugs, but they can get thrown into the wash... My biggest thing is the screens... they're currently yellow from pollen (and they're on the INSIDE of the windows).
You'll get to the point where you'll get good outside. If you have to go out for right now, try wearing a mask... they're obnoxious, but they help.
Oh, and the NETI pot... I have a love/hate relationship with mine, but when I need it, it makes a HUGE difference. The idea is that shouldn't feel like you're drowning nor should you feel like it burns in your sinuses. Takes a few times to get the mixture right. but then it's great!
TTFN-
V: Licorice tea, switching to water from soda, reducing the sugar intake today and vacuuming the house from top to bottom seemed to help loads. Still can't step outside without feeling the hit to my system, but at least I can function in my house!

My daughter had interesting news for me when she got home too.. she said she was pretty sure that we hadn't vacuumed the entire house in at least two weeks...

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Oh, and the NETI pot... I have a love/hate relationship with mine, but when I need it, it makes a HUGE difference. The idea is that shouldn't feel like you're drowning nor should you feel like it burns in your sinuses. Takes a few times to get the mixture right. but then it's great!
OKAY - I gotta ask, since this is the fifth time - what the heck is a NETI pot???

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:21 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
OKAY - I gotta ask, since this is the fifth time - what the heck is a NETI pot???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation

You have google too, don't you?

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:21 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I always tell my kids that they're being sent back to Detroit for a newer model.

Just found out my son did not have the entire story... the whole story is that this teacher applied for a transfer because of differences with school administration. He'll still have a job. At least, he would have if my son hadn't pasted the school with flyers about how his firing was wrong...

He's been suspended from school for two days for this stunt. Gah.. I just can't seem to get a break with this kid. Do you think they'll let me throw him back?

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:24 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation

You have google too, don't you?

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:32 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
What's up with that?!? The husband says the same thing.
LOL I don't know. My honey is wanting an Equinox..(probably never going to find one....)

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:35 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
LOL I don't know. My honey is wanting an Equinox..(probably never going to find one....)
Eeeewwwww, when he can have a classic Mini!?!? Are you SURE this is the guy for you? (I can say this - my hubband simply does NOT understand my fascination with all things Mini/MINI, yet I keep him around. Haven't decided on specific reasons why though. )

Old 05-13-2009 | 06:39 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear

Old 05-14-2009 | 07:17 AM
babblingdweeb
2nd Gear
Eeeewwwww, when he can have a classic Mini!?!? Are you SURE this is the guy for you? (I can say this - my hubband simply does NOT understand my fascination with all things Mini/MINI, yet I keep him around. Haven't decided on specific reasons why though. )
Hilarious! I was worried the g/f would flip when I said I wanted to get a classic...and not sell the '06 (yet). She was okay with it...so she HAS to be a keeper!

That being said, she's small, likes small things (sample size stuff, ultra small Ben & Jerry's ice cream, whatever)...so she likes it because it is so small. She's not allowed to drive Betty though

Old 05-14-2009 | 08:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by babblingdweeb
Hilarious! I was worried the g/f would flip when I said I wanted to get a classic...and not sell the '06 (yet). She was okay with it...so she HAS to be a keeper!

That being said, she's small, likes small things (sample size stuff, ultra small Ben & Jerry's ice cream, whatever)...so she likes it because it is so small. She's not allowed to drive Betty though
Hubband isn't allowed to drive the MINI unless it's desperate circumstances, either.

Old 05-14-2009 | 10:38 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Ditto with my Wife. She can only drive my MINI under the most desperate unimaginable end-of-the-world universe-is-imploding circumstances. It works for me.

Old 05-14-2009 | 11:40 AM
babblingdweeb
2nd Gear
G/F can drive Alex (automatic), but Betty is a little too much...and I don't want her to break Betty!

Old 05-14-2009 | 01:56 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
LOL Not the Chevy Equinox. The Mini Equinox:

(My honey would never buy anything American built. He drives an xB like me and he wants a classic Mini too. He knows a good car when he see's it.)

Old 05-14-2009 | 02:07 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
LOL Not the Chevy Equinox. The Mini Equinox:

(My honey would never buy anything American built. He drives an xB like me and he wants a classic Mini too. He knows a good car when he see's it.)

Ooooooh. Okay, he can stay then.

Old 05-14-2009 | 02:45 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
This is FULLY AWESOME!!!!

http://www.drivelikeawoman.com/

Old 05-14-2009 | 02:59 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Hubband isn't allowed to drive the MINI unless it's desperate circumstances, either.
LOL My honey isn't allowed to drive my Mini either that's why we're going to get him his own.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...