Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 03:15 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
MY hubby only drives Mocha when I'm feeling especially generous (or the world is ending... which ever comes last)

<giggle>

Old 05-14-2009 | 05:31 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
My hubby drives Viola when she lets him. She usually tries to bite his ankles when he gets out though...

Old 05-14-2009 | 06:11 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
My hubby drives Viola when she lets him. She usually tries to bite his ankles when he gets out though...

Old 05-14-2009 | 07:54 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
We use Molly to Carpool so Hubby NOT driving isn't an option. I drive us to my work, he drives to his work, he drives back to my work, and I drive US home. I drive all the rest of the time!!

TNMini, do you have any remedies to help someone who is waking up at 4AM and having trouble going back to sleep?? I don't have a problem going to sleep, Hubby can atest to that. When we go to bed I play my DSi until I get sleepy, 'bout 15min., I turn it off roll over and in no time I'm asleep. My problem is that I can't stay asleep and feel like I've not gotten the amount of sleep I need.

Last edited by RJKimbell; 05-14-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:02 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
Just wanted to say Hi!

Wow, you guys/girls are keeping this up.

Sorry, I haven't been checking in and keeping up with all of the craziness. Lots of drama in the CC household the last few months. When I get the chance I'll have to catch up on the last 100 pages.

Old 05-14-2009 | 08:31 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
You know us, always traveling in packs.

Old 05-14-2009 | 10:44 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK RJ,
first off, stop playing your DSI before bed. It effects your synapsis so that they get all revved up and keep firing (kind of like being under stress). That might have something to do with it.
Have you seen your doctor? Sometimes waking early is symptomatic of something else (is your bladder full? are you having sleep apnea? breathing problems? BP issues?), so I would suggest getting a full physical and FULL blood work up.
How old are you? As you age, your body tends to get into weird sleep cycles. Sleep can be thrown off by hormonal imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, mineral deficiencies or even too much of something (for example, I was having all sorts of symptoms that were related to hypothyroidism, so I went for a full blood work up. Now I work with horses and know that selenium is a very important mineral that is missing in many areas of the country- can cause all sorts of problems if a horse/person doesn't get enough. Conversely, can cause other kinds of problems (like symptoms of hypothyroidism) if TOO much is taken- so I had my doc check my selenium level. I was promptly told that I was the first patient he'd ever had that had asked for that, and he was sure it was going to be ok, don't waste the money. I insisted- he added it to the workup list and guess what... my selenium was too high.)
Short term solution (i.e., for before you go to the doctor), warm milk. Seriously, there is something about warm milk that induces sleep. A warm bath is also really nice- I add lavendar oil (essential oil, about 10 drops) to my bath water and get really relaxed and sleepy.
Before you go to sleep at night, talk yourself into letting go of all sources of stress (your mother nagging you, a co-worker attempting to sabatoge your career, etc) which includes violent &/or fast paced tv, video games (incl DSI), exercise, suspense novel. Treat your bedroom like your sanctuary, don't bring electronics into it (tv, computer, etc)-
Sometimes a heating pad will help too
But my biggest suggestion is to see your doctor for a full work up.
Hpe that helps-
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
We use Molly to Carpool so Hubby NOT driving isn't an option. I drive us to my work, he drives to his work, he drives back to my work, and I drive US home. I drive all the rest of the time!!

TNMini, do you have any remedies to help someone who is waking up at 4AM and having trouble going back to sleep?? I don't have a problem going to sleep, Hubby can atest to that. When we go to bed I play my DSi until I get sleepy, 'bout 15min., I turn it off roll over and in no time I'm asleep. My problem is that I can't stay asleep and feel like I've not gotten the amount of sleep I need.

Old 05-15-2009 | 12:11 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I'm glad I read that. I'm having problems going to sleep. It takes me forever to fall asleep and then I always wake about the same time every morning when my boyfriend is about to come home.. It bugs me. :( I'm supposed to be in bed right now but I can't sleep. Nothing to do with not being tired I just can't sleep. I think it's the computer in the room though...damn blue LED's on the side of it like a dang night light.

Old 05-15-2009 | 06:28 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I absolutely HATE having a TV in the room, but hubband can't live without it...so we kind of compromised. I got him a little (15") flat screen Tv/DVD player -- primary requirement was that it HAD to have a "sleep" function on it -- but no cable. It would drive me BONKERS when he'd have some seriously annoying (loud, distracting, etc.) dvd playing, and forget to put it on sleep, or when the freakin' "home menu" kept looping on some mind-warping song ad infinitum!

What's funny is that when I'm traveling overnight on business, I always put the cartoon network on the TV (on sleep of course) and just zonk.

Otherwise, no TVs in the bedroom! I have about *cough cough* four or five stacks of books (about 3' high each) beside the bed I'm working my way through, so I don't need no stinkin' bedroom TV!

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:33 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hey peoples,
not sure who was looking for a Riley Elf, maybe Miniola?

There's one on the market place.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ate/1220992311
Ooooh, that is one nice mini,,,,,,,,mighty fine,,,, yep,,mighty fine....

That seems like a good price on all of the diff. options too..

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:36 AM
cabwy
6th Gear

Oooh this is waaaay too funny!!!!

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:40 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
OK RJ,
first off, stop playing your DSI before bed. It effects your synapsis so that they get all revved up and keep firing (kind of like being under stress). That might have something to do with it.
Have you seen your doctor? Sometimes waking early is symptomatic of something else (is your bladder full? are you having sleep apnea? breathing problems? BP issues?), so I would suggest getting a full physical and FULL blood work up.
How old are you? As you age, your body tends to get into weird sleep cycles. Sleep can be thrown off by hormonal imbalances, vitamin deficiencies, mineral deficiencies or even too much of something (for example, I was having all sorts of symptoms that were related to hypothyroidism, so I went for a full blood work up. Now I work with horses and know that selenium is a very important mineral that is missing in many areas of the country- can cause all sorts of problems if a horse/person doesn't get enough. Conversely, can cause other kinds of problems (like symptoms of hypothyroidism) if TOO much is taken- so I had my doc check my selenium level. I was promptly told that I was the first patient he'd ever had that had asked for that, and he was sure it was going to be ok, don't waste the money. I insisted- he added it to the workup list and guess what... my selenium was too high.)
Short term solution (i.e., for before you go to the doctor), warm milk. Seriously, there is something about warm milk that induces sleep. A warm bath is also really nice- I add lavendar oil (essential oil, about 10 drops) to my bath water and get really relaxed and sleepy.
Before you go to sleep at night, talk yourself into letting go of all sources of stress (your mother nagging you, a co-worker attempting to sabatoge your career, etc) which includes violent &/or fast paced tv, video games (incl DSI), exercise, suspense novel. Treat your bedroom like your sanctuary, don't bring electronics into it (tv, computer, etc)-
Sometimes a heating pad will help too
But my biggest suggestion is to see your doctor for a full work up.
Hpe that helps-

I like this answer..... but I also am a big fan of a Cd actually playing- if it is something that induces relaxation and sleep. I keep one of my massage CD's in my player and I never ever hear the last few songs when I turn it on to help me sleep,,, it's the magic bullet.

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:48 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I have to have some kind of noise or I can't fall asleep. Once I am asleep, I'll stay there. I also find that I can't play video games just prior to bed unless it's something like solitaire. That sort of thing kind of winds my brain down and gets my mile a minute thinking process to slow down enough for me to relax and pass out.

If I was up late playing video games, I find it harder to stay asleep because my brain will just sort of start going again at 3 am. I'll wake up and have to go read a book or something for 20 minutes. So... I just shut the games off an hour before bed and watch a TV show with hubby. Also... cut off your caffeine consumption about four hours before you plan to go to bed. I find that helps me get a higher quality of sleep that is not plagued by horrible nightmares...

Sometimes though... when my muse is all dried up and I can't write... I'll slam a Mt. Dew at about 9 and go to bed at 11... I end up waking up at 3 am... but boy do I have one heck of a cool dream to write down into my diary for later use.

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:51 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Already on top of that. At least one half of the couple that built our house was an allergy sufferer, they planned for allergy season in the very construction of the heating and air system... and the whole house humidifier... it's really swanky, but has to be serviced every April without fail, otherwise... it does.

Was thinking about changing Viola's cabin a/c filter.. but I just gave her a good vacuum and as long as I leave the windows closed... I seem to be okay... at least better than I would be if the windows were open.

I'll try vacuuming and doing the bedding today. Just steam cleaned the carpets two weeks ago. (I have to do this every spring otherwise my dog breaks out in hives. His allergies are worse than mine, go figure... ) The other nice thing about the house is the vac system, the filter container is in the garage so I don't have to empty it. The husband can take care of it for me... so it should be safe for me to vacuum.

Thank you so much V! *big hugs* I hope something works... I'm so ready to get on with my life now.

Rg-- I had that exact same horrible episode, lasted about 4-5 days,, kept thinking,, do I have a cold or is it allergies?? But it left just as quickly as it came. I wanted to add a couple things and I am sorry that I missed a couple of days again, my husbands birthday was yesterday and I worked til mid afternoon and then we spent the rest of the day shopping for him and having a nice dinner..

One, during this time of year and I know it is a PITA but always always shower before getting into bed... gotta get the pollen off of your skin and your hair,,, thenk about it,, pollen on hair--- sleep all night and then pollen is on your pillowcase,, then you lay down the following night and wonder why your symptoms are worsening,,,, ugh. Or change pillow cases daily and use a nice allergan repelling pillow cover--- this might be easier for you long haired lasses...oh and lads..

And don't under estimate the sinus pressure points, prob could find them on Google.. and work the mastoid process at the back of your neck, behind both ears, these really helps get the blockages "unblocked"

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Happy Belated Birthday, CAB husband!!

Old 05-15-2009 | 11:59 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Rg-- I had that exact same horrible episode, lasted about 4-5 days,, kept thinking,, do I have a cold or is it allergies?? But it left just as quickly as it came. I wanted to add a couple things and I am sorry that I missed a couple of days again, my husbands birthday was yesterday and I worked til mid afternoon and then we spent the rest of the day shopping for him and having a nice dinner..

One, during this time of year and I know it is a PITA but always always shower before getting into bed... gotta get the pollen off of your skin and your hair,,, thenk about it,, pollen on hair--- sleep all night and then pollen is on your pillowcase,, then you lay down the following night and wonder why your symptoms are worsening,,,, ugh. Or change pillow cases daily and use a nice allergan repelling pillow cover--- this might be easier for you long haired lasses...oh and lads..

And don't under estimate the sinus pressure points, prob could find them on Google.. and work the mastoid process at the back of your neck, behind both ears, these really helps get the blockages "unblocked"
Have I mentioned... that I love you?

I didn't even THINK about my pillow but you are absolutely right! I'll take care of that right now.

I had also forgotten about the sinus pressure points completely and I know how much relief that gave me (my boyfriend was a massage therapist) when I was younger and my allergies were bad. I am mostly through it now I think. My eyes still itch when I head outside, and my sinuses are still a little congested, but nowhere near as bad as the other day. I've googled them up and will see if I can find them again. It should help me get through the last dregs of this allergy attack.

But... wish me luck. It's supposed to be 80 degrees on Saturday... whatever hasn't bloomed will probably open then. So keep those fingers crossed for me!

Old 05-15-2009 | 01:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Of COURSE you love me , dear RG... and I love you too!!

I love alll of my Freeb's.... well--- most of you---- heh heh heh

Hey!!! OMG!! Didn't someone ask me about inversion tables????? I swear, seriously,,, the migraines really took their toll this time,, today is truley one of my first in a looong time without some glimmer of headache pain!!

And It really messes with my brain cells,,, I transpose letters more ( and I am sure you have noticed that??? ) and I am sleepy and forgetful. I turn it on when I am with clients and they have no clue and then I walk out and away from them and I just droop--- started to say sag- but din't want to get you all started...... *L*

Anyways,, "ahem"" where was I?? Yes, inversion talbes --- they rocks! I have one,, it takes up a good bit of space and they are ugly so the main thing is finding that right place for it. Our place is on the third floor in the attic... well in the attic's landing where all of the Barrister's book shelves are... so I lieterally go up there to hang like an old bat in the belfry...

It helps my lower back immensely! It is so relaxing I really have to be careful not to fall asleep and hang there too overly long... I haven't used it at all during this migraine seige but I soon will be back at it.

Mine has no strar-p that goes over my legs-- just the nice soft cuffs that cinch down on my ankles but it is painless and is so easy to get into and out of. Mine is the LifeGear Deluxe Inversion Table with Ankle Ratchet System.
I actually purchased it on amazon.com and took advatage of their free shipping offer,,,, figured that would cost me an arm and a leg otherwise- and then how would I be able to use the table?????

So there you have it,,, I am thinking that TNmm asked me about this and I again apologise for totally forgetting and being too lazy to go back and search thru the posts...

Okay out to walk the doggies and get my nose full of pollen!! Oh and I get a 90 minute massage toight!! wooo hooo!!

Old 05-15-2009 | 02:29 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I love alll of my Freeb's....
Even newbies???

Old 05-15-2009 | 03:49 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Even newbies???
Oooh, especially the newbies!!!

And UhOh-- that was a mighty nice Birthday greeting for my "hubband", he wasn't too excited about his big day so I really worked hard to make it special,,,I will simply have to show him your smiley's

Old 05-15-2009 | 07:25 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Woman, you ROCK!
Thanks- I've been looking at the Teeter Hangups- checked into the one you have, but Amazon doesn't have it any more...
There's a store in town called "Relax the Back" and they have a really fancy one that slides- but it doesn't go all the way over - and I want the opportunity to hang completely upside down...
I'm hoping it will help my SI, it's still going out. Pooh!
Of COURSE you love me , dear RG... and I love you too!!

I love alll of my Freeb's.... well--- most of you---- heh heh heh

Hey!!! OMG!! Didn't someone ask me about inversion tables????? I swear, seriously,,, the migraines really took their toll this time,, today is truley one of my first in a looong time without some glimmer of headache pain!!

And It really messes with my brain cells,,, I transpose letters more ( and I am sure you have noticed that??? ) and I am sleepy and forgetful. I turn it on when I am with clients and they have no clue and then I walk out and away from them and I just droop--- started to say sag- but din't want to get you all started...... *L*

Anyways,, "ahem"" where was I?? Yes, inversion talbes --- they rocks! I have one,, it takes up a good bit of space and they are ugly so the main thing is finding that right place for it. Our place is on the third floor in the attic... well in the attic's landing where all of the Barrister's book shelves are... so I lieterally go up there to hang like an old bat in the belfry...

It helps my lower back immensely! It is so relaxing I really have to be careful not to fall asleep and hang there too overly long... I haven't used it at all during this migraine seige but I soon will be back at it.

Mine has no strar-p that goes over my legs-- just the nice soft cuffs that cinch down on my ankles but it is painless and is so easy to get into and out of. Mine is the LifeGear Deluxe Inversion Table with Ankle Ratchet System.
I actually purchased it on amazon.com and took advatage of their free shipping offer,,,, figured that would cost me an arm and a leg otherwise- and then how would I be able to use the table?????

So there you have it,,, I am thinking that TNmm asked me about this and I again apologise for totally forgetting and being too lazy to go back and search thru the posts...

Okay out to walk the doggies and get my nose full of pollen!! Oh and I get a 90 minute massage toight!! wooo hooo!!

Old 05-15-2009 | 08:01 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
SI joints that are inflamed or out of alignment really hurt.

Sorry you are having that issue, wish we lived nearer to each other, I would happily let you go hang out in my belfry!!

Old 05-15-2009 | 08:02 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
We need to start a commune.

Old 05-15-2009 | 08:04 PM
flingger
4th Gear
Three to go...

Old 05-15-2009 | 08:04 PM
flingger
4th Gear
Two to go...