Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009 | 10:18 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay, can you tell I have some free time yet??? I feel like a kid with a snow day!!
Here is my little love in a Philadelphia parking facility. Any of you who lives in or near a large city know just how expensive parking is and also how crowded the garages are!! We were about to give up on finding a spot in time for the show we were to see and then we spotted this sign.... Woo Hoo!! Sloopy rawks!!!

Uh,,,oh,,,,, where is my picture??? grumbling and heading back to the post reply button yet again........

Last edited by cabwy; 06-10-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-10-2009 | 10:21 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
still grumbling....... guess I jumped the gun a bit with the download,,,,,

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-sloopy-in-a-tight-spot.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009 | 12:56 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
At the Autoshow this last February I parked Molly in an End Spot with a Pillar to the left of the front fender, another one to the left rear. When we came out a Big/Small Truck (can't remember) was parked illegally behind us, not directly behind, but had created it's own parking spot where they should not have. I was able to back Molly up and manuever through the two pillars and leave the parking garage safely!! I should have had my video camera...I'm sure I'd win a PRIZE for MY Driving Skills!!

Small Cars *R*O*C*K*!!

Old 06-10-2009 | 02:29 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Small Cars *R*O*C*K*!!
Indeed.

Old 06-10-2009 | 06:42 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Cab, that's really really funny! Sloopy rocks

I've totally lost my train of thought, but I think Gem deserves a congrats?! it was a few pages back and if I go looking for what it was, I'll lose my train of thought again, and get stranded on the tracks of uncertainty...

Hi Freebies

Old 06-10-2009 | 07:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey all!! How's it going?? I love the classic mini that is here in my back yard!!! I would love to go check it out,,, but I fear if I go look at it I won't return home without it!!
Hey Gem!! Did you get some of that amazing thunder storm this am? I was so glad that I didn't have an early appt. and didn't have to drive in that.
Hi Cab, yup, got those storms also, wicked to say the least! I was hurring to dry my hair before work just in case we lost power, surprised we didn't.

How Sloopy these days???

Old 06-10-2009 | 07:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Gem!!! Hope you see this,, I know your hubby ( and you) love your jeeps. Have I told you that my son has 2 of them and takes them off roading in Colorado? Well here is Tyler and Carrie with their little jeep pulled alongside my son's. Of course the big jeep is virtually pushed out of the pic! but you get the idea!!
OH Cab, that is a great picture thanks for sharing! Tyler and Carrie are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
and I'm so jealous of your day off in your jammies!! Hope you had a stress free day!!!

Old 06-10-2009 | 07:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thanks TN!
Cab great photo again!!you ARE having a great day.
RG, i forgot to tell you, LOVE THE PLATES!!!
MINIxB, you are correct about the 1999 or 2000 classic, the only ones we are finding is overseas.... of course still having fun looking.

Old 06-10-2009 | 08:30 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I found a 2000 Mini Knightbridge on Mini Mania for 22,000...

Old 06-10-2009 | 09:05 PM
miniola
6th Gear
still grumbling....... guess I jumped the gun a bit with the download,,,,,
AWESOME!!! Now please go back and still that cool sign for me... please.

And no Gnome jammies? Oh... tsk tsk.

Cute kids with the Jeep too!

Last edited by miniola; 06-10-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2009 | 09:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
At the Autoshow this last February I parked Molly in an End Spot with a Pillar to the left of the front fender, another one to the left rear. When we came out a Big/Small Truck (can't remember) was parked illegally behind us, not directly behind, but had created it's own parking spot where they should not have. I was able to back Molly up and manuever through the two pillars and leave the parking garage safely!! I should have had my video camera...I'm sure I'd win a PRIZE for MY Driving Skills!!

Small Cars *R*O*C*K*!!
BEAUTIFUL!

And where have you been hiding lately???

Old 06-10-2009 | 09:14 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi TNMM! Gem! MINIxB!

Hey Hal- I'm thinking about the shuttle launch but it is SOOOO early in the morning. Maybe I'll figure out by Friday if I'm going to go or not. One thing though is your country way and "wildlife"... in the dark... could be more of a problem than Orlando traffic? I think the next launch might not be 'til August (don't have the schedule in front of me)... of course I don't see whether they will be AM or PM flights on the calendar.

Old 06-10-2009 | 09:24 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey UhOh- Please tell us about your Blue Ridge Parkway trip that you'll be going on. (I'm hoping to live vicariously through your trip.) I've been on 2 parts of the 3 that are listed on the Tar Heels site. I really love it on BRP. So what are your scheduled starts and stops? Does it start really early in the AM? What time does it shut down each day? Looks like the place where you're joining up in Banner Elk is really close to where it started snowing while we had the top down last October. And then of course we got snowed in on Beech Mountain.

Old 06-10-2009 | 10:00 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear

Small Cars *R*O*C*K*!!
I quite agree. Earlier this year the Governor (the Governator - Arnold) was coming to City Hall to visit the Mayor. They had blocked off parking stalls for the Governor and his motorcade normally used by Department Directors. They were scattering Director's cars to side streets, parking meters, other lots; basically anywhere they could shove them. I pulled into the lot, security took one look at me and waived me into motorcycle parking, right up front! I pulled my handy "MINI Cooper reserved parking" sign out of my glove box, placed it on the dash, locked my doors, gave security a friendly waive and walked the few steps to the entrance of City Hall. Now tell me small cars don't rule!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-e648_1.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009 | 06:51 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
OOOh Kiki, I love that sign!!! Love it!

Last edited by cabwy; 06-11-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2009 | 03:25 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hi TNMM! Gem! MINIxB!

Hey Hal- I'm thinking about the shuttle launch but it is SOOOO early in the morning. Maybe I'll figure out by Friday if I'm going to go or not. One thing though is your country way and "wildlife"... in the dark... could be more of a problem than Orlando traffic? I think the next launch might not be 'til August (don't have the schedule in front of me)... of course I don't see whether they will be AM or PM flights on the calendar.
Wildlife is out and about, but still not as bad as O-town traffic.

Won't be that early if you go over on Friday. Here's a listing of tentative launch schedule.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

All kinds of rockets going up, I'd like to be there to see the first Ares I-X launch. Should be interesting to see how similar it is to the Apollo launches.

Old 06-11-2009 | 07:17 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Wildlife is out and about, but still not as bad as O-town traffic.

Won't be that early if you go over on Friday. Here's a listing of tentative launch schedule.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

All kinds of rockets going up, I'd like to be there to see the first Ares I-X launch. Should be interesting to see how similar it is to the Apollo launches.
Wow! It's been sssssslllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww in here! Quiet. And I guess UhOh must be REALLY busy with "ball" stuff.

As for the trip Hal, I was thinking I might leave here at 3am or so. (If I decide to go that is.) I have a poochie that I have to take care of. I wonder what the difference is in amount of people there... morning vs afternoon vs evening launch. Me likey evenings MUCH better. Looks like I'm good in November.

Thanks for showing the "launch schedule". I always searched the "calendar"... and that doesn't show the times ahead of time.

The Ares I-X looks pretty cool too. Didn't know about it before. Looks like I'll have to get a good close up of the Shuttle first so I can compare the two. I'm too young to remember any Apollo launches.

Old 06-11-2009 | 07:51 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
....The Ares I-X looks pretty cool too. Didn't know about it before. Looks like I'll have to get a good close up of the Shuttle first so I can compare the two. I'm too young to remember any Apollo launches.
Boy! That makes me feel old.

We had just moved to Florida about a month before Apollo XI launched to do the first moon landing. We watched the initial launch on TV until just after the rocket cleared the launch tower. We then walked outside and looked to the east-northeast to see the actual rocket and flame going up. We were watching from about 135 miles away. The Saturn IV was about as tall as a postage stamp held at arms length. The flame was twice as long.

I also remember watching Alan Shepard on TV when I was in the first grade and John Glenn when I was in the second grade. I guess I'm really old.

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Well if THAT makes you feel old...

I wasn't going to say anything before but I did laugh a little when you said you got your driver's license in '72. I was 1.

I was definitely too far away to see any rockets when I was a kid anyway. I do remember when I was younger than 10... something about looking up in the sky for a "Sky-lab". Didn't know what THAT was but it was supposed to be on fire.

Old 06-11-2009 | 08:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey Cab- you went to bed?

So today I was thinking about changing my stage name to a combination of Freebies and Miniola. It would be "Freebola". Sounds dangerous doesn't it?

Old 06-12-2009 | 09:28 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Thanks for the compliments on the plates folks! Been very busy the last few days with my dog and with my kids. Got a lot to do to get ready for summer. I'll post back when I'm pulling a bit less hair out!

Old 06-12-2009 | 09:57 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
*GASP* *pant* *GASP* I survived. Mostly. Holy CRAP but that was a three ring circus last night. WAYYY too many clowns and not enough alcohol to make it better. I have to say, that was THE WORST social event I've ever been responsible for, and I am very upset. Much of the fiasco was beyond my control, and it LOOKED like it came off OK (mostly - to the bigwigs, anyway), but OMG!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to kill people last night. Good thing I was dressed up like I was -- the jacket wouldn't let my arms go high enough to strangle people, and no pockets for the ammunition.

Old 06-12-2009 | 11:27 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Cab- you went to bed?

So today I was thinking about changing my stage name to a combination of Freebies and Miniola. It would be "Freebola". Sounds dangerous doesn't it?

Geez Ola, you sound like... well, like a very contagious sexual disease!

Old 06-12-2009 | 11:28 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Welcome back to the land of the truly NUTZ! Can I offer you a nice white jacket and some crayons? These are fresh, new crayons... not the Bat Guano Crayons from the 6th Gear Lounge...

Originally Posted by x uh oh x
*GASP* *pant* *GASP* I survived. Mostly. Holy CRAP but that was a three ring circus last night. WAYYY too many clowns and not enough alcohol to make it better. I have to say, that was THE WORST social event I've ever been responsible for, and I am very upset. Much of the fiasco was beyond my control, and it LOOKED like it came off OK (mostly - to the bigwigs, anyway), but OMG!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I wanted to kill people last night. Good thing I was dressed up like I was -- the jacket wouldn't let my arms go high enough to strangle people, and no pockets for the ammunition.

Old 06-12-2009 | 12:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
BEAUTIFUL!

And where have you been hiding lately???
Ola...I've been lurking...promise!!
Except for Thursday through Sunday. I had to make another Emergency Trip down to AZ, did not drive this time however. Step-Dad will be going through another surgery on Mon. or Tues. so don't be surprised if I have to up and leave again. My time down there has been quite busy trying to calm my Mother through all of this.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...