Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009 | 04:21 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Greetings everyone. This weekend I'm going to a Scottish Festival and on Sunday I'm gonna be working on my Mini to get her ready for a car show and the Fourth of July parade soon.

Old 06-13-2009 | 09:13 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
MINIxB - that sounds like fun! We have a "Highlands Fesival" in October that's really big. It's fun.

Ola! Freebola sounds familiar, so I googled it. These boys ARE "Freebola" but they're totally too "twiggy" for me.

Hi RJ! Quit lurking and say HI once in a while, ya? You too Kiki!!!

I'm recovering today.

Old 06-13-2009 | 07:09 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Uh Oh hope you're having an enjoyable and relaxing Weekend!! And I'll try to stop in a little more often, K??

I was gonna' try and get Molly Clayed and Waxed this weekend, but since Hubby has dragged me all over God's Green Earth Today, I'll only get to do an Interior Detail...so gotta' get out there if I'm going to finish by Day Break!!

Old 06-13-2009 | 11:40 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hi RJ! Quit lurking and say HI once in a while, ya? You too Kiki!!!
Hi all. I went on my first MINI run today. It was so fun. I put the pictures together and posted my first Youtube. Yea. I have not figured out music yet, maybe the next one.

This was budget week at the City so a quick lurk was about all that I could squeeze in, sorry. Once Council adopts the budget, I hope to have more time to participate properly. I do grab a quick look see every morning or each evening and do so enjoy reading the latest even if it is for just a minute or two.

We are having a Club Bar-b-que this coming Friday, so that should be fun too. Well better sign off, driving twisties takes concentration and I am tired! Catch you all later.

Old 06-14-2009 | 08:02 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Kiki, those are great shots! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm going to have to get as technically savvy as you. As long as you're lurking, you're ok. Just don't go away!! You too, RJ.

Hia Freebies. I was kinda joking when I said I needed a weekend to recover, but it seems to be turning out that way. I've done very little...which would be abhorrent to me, except I really DO NEED it!! *sigh*

Old 06-14-2009 | 08:07 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
I'm off to the AutoX this morning. Don't know for sure if I'm going to participate though. Screwed up my left knee yesterday building the deck. If it hurts too much driving over there I may just go to watch.

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:05 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Very well done Kiki!!

Mornin' Freebies!! I think I need some coffee!!

This will give everyone a Good Laugh!!

I had a Senior Moment yesterday while making Coffee. Each time I want a Fresh Pot of Coffee I have to dismantle and clean my Coffee Pot (Cuisinart). Well I disassembled and cleaned, put clean water and coffee in, hit Start Button....WHAT!! Coffee is going all over the counter... I had forgotten to put the carafe back into place!!

Coffee was dumped out as it tasted more like coffee grounds than the nice Sumatra that I was trying to brew!!

Got Car Towels in the Washer...I'm bound and determined to get Molly a proper Clay, Wash, Wax and Polish Today!!

Old 06-14-2009 | 05:31 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I got my Mini started this morning. Didn't even have to charge the battery.

Old 06-14-2009 | 10:17 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Just received the hillside group shot. Pretty cool. There were three cabrios and 14 Coops. Three "justa's" and 13 S's. One of the new Cooper S's was nearly fresh off the showroom floor. The club member had gone to the Bay Area for an oil change and while he loved his "justa" he had always longed for an S. Needless to say the oil change turned into a new car. He drove it home Friday night and hit the rally road with us Saturday Morning. Thus the reference to Kevin and the comment in the video "Would you like a car with the oil Sir?" ha ha!

The last shot is me keeping up with the Big Coops on our way home. We took a less twistie route home and the 17 little Coopers started heading out in smaller groups toward home. Our Club covers a fairly large area - Central California.

MINI got her bath tonight and surprisingly she was not that dirty, just lots of bugs. Well she is all clean and tucked in for the night. I need to go do the same. I was laying tile in the backyard and doing major yard work. I don't think my light brown tan is a tan after all. It looks more like dirt!

Take care all and have a good week.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-hilltop.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-the-minis-in-formation.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-mini-keeps-up-with-the-big-coops..jpg  
Old 06-15-2009 | 06:42 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey Cab- you went to bed?

So today I was thinking about changing my stage name to a combination of Freebies and Miniola. It would be "Freebola". Sounds dangerous doesn't it?

FREEMINI??? LOL LOL LOL whew,, have I mentioned that I crack meeself up???

Old 06-15-2009 | 06:46 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Just received the hillside group shot. Pretty cool. There were three cabrios and 14 Coops. Three "justa's" and 13 S's. One of the new Cooper S's was nearly fresh off the showroom floor. The club member had gone to the Bay Area for an oil change and while he loved his "justa" he had always longed for an S. Needless to say the oil change turned into a new car. He drove it home Friday night and hit the rally road with us Saturday Morning. Thus the reference to Kevin and the comment in the video "Would you like a car with the oil Sir?" ha ha!

The last shot is me keeping up with the Big Coops on our way home. We took a less twistie route home and the 17 little Coopers started heading out in smaller groups toward home. Our Club covers a fairly large area - Central California.

MINI got her bath tonight and surprisingly she was not that dirty, just lots of bugs. Well she is all clean and tucked in for the night. I need to go do the same. I was laying tile in the backyard and doing major yard work. I don't think my light brown tan is a tan after all. It looks more like dirt!

Take care all and have a good week.

Kiki!!! great pictures!! I have only done one rally but I sure did love it!!

Old 06-15-2009 | 07:16 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Nice photos KIKI, love that areial shot!!!

Old 06-15-2009 | 07:21 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok so a little brag time, I just added my 3rd place "trophy" to my gallery!

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:33 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Looks like we're about to get hit with some really bad storms. :( I hope my Mini and the xB's will be ok.

Old 06-15-2009 | 08:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Brag all you want Gem...you deserve it...3rd Place at your 1st Showing!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Old 06-15-2009 | 10:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Looks like everyone's gone nighty-nite. (I should be too )

So it seems that my dangerous "Freebola" won't work due to reason #1: a sexual disease (TNMM??? is Ebola a sexual disease ) and reason #2: UhOh has posted a video of a really queer boy band-ish group that I didn't know existed. Cab- "FREEMINI" is pretty funny. Reminds me of a Chinese Restaurant Owner client I had... his name was "Willie" but he could never really pronounce his "L"s... very often sounded like "Winnie".

Hal- didn't go see the shuttle. Good thing I didn't get up at 3am to drive all the way over there... seeing as how it didn't take off.

RJ- I say that "lurking" doesn't count. You've got to say "hi" sometimes! Otherwise... how would we know? Glad you stopped by again. Hope your step-dad gets better soon. Thanks for sharing your "senior moment" ... we all have them but it's nice to be reminded.

Kiki- that was a nice video. How did you do all of the writing and slide show stuff? Did you use a separate program first and then upload to YouTube? Congrats on making your first one! Looks like a fun trip to... saw those twisties in the background. I've never been to a MINI meet before.

MINIxB- glad to know that your having fun with your car and everything is running. A Scottish Festival, 'eh? Someday I hope to make a plaid dash.

Gem- congrats again! Your award is pretty cool! As was said... pretty impressive to get any award seeing as how this was your first show.

Ok... see ya!

Old 06-15-2009 | 10:46 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Looks like we're about to get hit with some really bad storms. :( I hope my Mini and the xB's will be ok.
Are you hunkered down in a storm cellar? If you see the Weather Channel truck driving around you should be concerned.

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:36 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Kiki- that was a nice video. How did you do all of the writing and slide show stuff? Did you use a separate program first and then upload to YouTube? Congrats on making your first one! Looks like a fun trip to... saw those twisties in the background. I've never been to a MINI meet before.
I used Windows Movie Maker. I am on Vista and for the life of me I cannot remember if Movie Maker was new to Vista or if it was on the earlier versions of Windows. You drag the photos in and then it lets you set up opening title pages, end credits, transitions and sound, which I have yet to figure out. I use Powerpoint at the office all the time and Movie Maker is something like it. Once finished I opened up a Youtube account and uploaded. It was pretty easy.

Old 06-16-2009 | 12:32 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Are you hunkered down in a storm cellar? If you see the Weather Channel truck driving around you should be concerned.
Made it through the bad stuff ok. Mini is safe in the garage and the xB just got really wet. LOL

Old 06-16-2009 | 04:28 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Freebies,
It's a quick visit as I've gotta get the kid going...

Ebola isn't a sexual disease, Ola, but when it's called Freebola, it certainly sounds like a sexual disease! (giggle)

MinixB, glad you're home safe. Hope you're dad is ok. And PLEASE stop sending YOUR storms to us!

Speaking of which, I hope Hal is ok. His area got hit pretty badly with a massively mean pop up storm that had a huge punch. Don't know if a tornado was with it, but it was ugly and there is some damage in Southern Middle TN.

Ok, off to start my crazy day! TTFN

Old 06-16-2009 | 05:35 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebies!

'Ola - FreeMini is very funny, considering the title of this thread that brought us all together!! Or....how about MINIFREEB. Or ... ALOBEERF? (Freebola backwards.) I'll stop now. I need more coffee.

Pic from the ball. As I mentioned in another thread: not a good idea to let a cake this big (serves 350) sit unrefrigerated for more than 5hrs on the hottest day in June, in a room stuffed full of hot, stickey people pushing around a lot of hot air. It practically melted off the cart onto the plates. Not good...but just one of the many little fiascos that helped make the night so.... soo... um....yeah.

Old 06-16-2009 | 08:48 AM
miniola
6th Gear
HAL??? HAL DO WE NEED TO COME UP THERE AND FIND YOU???

MINIxB- Well as long as the Mini is ok... the xB- 'eh... so it got a little wet.

Hey Kiki thanks for the tips! I'll have to look into that sometime. I never use those programs. Let us know when you get the music part figured out.

UhOh- that is one big *** cake! Wow! Did it have buttercream frosting? When I've made my two cakes I use buttercream- butter, powdered sugar and vanilla- and it melts pretty quickly. The layers are filled with buttercream too... so while decorating (working with fondant), I keep having to put it in the refrigerator. Doesn't take long for the layers to slide apart and everything to get totally screwed up. Some of the other "buttercreams" that are more stable aren't really buttercream... so it's a decision of workability or "tastes good"... and of course I vote for "tastes good"!!!

TNMM- Are you back in Maine yet? Looks like it's just as hot where you are (somewhere in TN LAND ) as it is here!

So I think I'm pretty much "Miniola"... or as you all so kindly refer to me as "'Ola" . Although I still keep hearing "FREE-MINI" (like Free *****) in my head... with a Chinese accent. I AM MINIOLA! I AM MINIOLA! I AM MINIOLA! Ok... I am home now, right?

Old 06-16-2009 | 09:10 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Alas, that cake icing was pure sugar-and-don't-know-what-and-for-health-probably-dont-want-to-know. I suspect sugar and shortening (hence the melting, but still looking decent.) This pic was taken when it first came out of the refer van. It didn't look bad when we went to ceremoniously cut the cake five hours later, but luckily we wheeled it out to cut up and plate in the nick of time. I think your cakes would be MUCH tastier.

I like "'Ola " - it's like saying, HOLA! And you are ALL capital letters and exclamation points, kiddo.

Old 06-16-2009 | 11:53 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear

MINIxB- Well as long as the Mini is ok... the xB- 'eh... so it got a little wet.
The xB needs love too

Old 06-16-2009 | 03:30 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I'm OK

Sorry not to post earlier, but I don't get to my computer until late in the afternoon. My work (AF base) won't allow us to go to sites like this.

We didn't get anything from those storms yesterday other than a little thunder in the far distance.

Miniola - You don't have to mount a rescue mission to have an excuse to come up here. The welcome mat is always out for my fellow freebies.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...