Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009 | 06:50 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Sorry not to post earlier, but I don't get to my computer until late in the afternoon. My work (AF base) won't allow us to go to sites like this.

We didn't get anything from those storms yesterday other than a little thunder in the far distance.

Miniola - You don't have to mount a rescue mission to have an excuse to come up here. The welcome mat is always out for my fellow freebies.
GLAD YOU ARE OK!! Are you still getting bad weather up there?

But isn't it all fun and dramatic to PLAN a rescue mission? Hmmmm... maybe that's what I'll do in the Fall... plan a FAKE FREEBIE rescue mission!

Oh BTW HAL- even though you feel old... you're not the only one. Skillet's like 12 years younger than me! So I ALMOST had my driver's license when he was 1 (although not quite! ).

Hey I hear that shuttle's going to take off at 5 o'something in the am. I think I'll miss it.

Last edited by miniola; 06-16-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2009 | 07:14 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow, I think we have the FRIENDLIEST thread ever!!!
OLA - I love this name, don't change
Hal - glad you are ok.
X- yum cake, Ola maybe you should start baking for us freebies.
MinixB - glad both cars came out ok.
RJK- thanks for the "go girl" (the altimate pep talk!!!)
Cab- I saw you last night but to tired to say hi, sorry girlfriend, please forgive me.
Hi KIKI.

Old 06-16-2009 | 10:42 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I LOVE YOU MAN!

Old 06-17-2009 | 05:07 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
HI everyone- I'm racing out the door... been an interesting few days, complete with weird phone calls and visits from the sheriffs' dept. But I gotta get the kid up and on the way to camp. I'm going to be in Nashvegas all day, gotta get the Landcruiser's tires balanced/rotated... Mocha is asleep in her nest....
Hal, glad to hear you're ok. We had some more wicked weather yesterday- North Nashville was under tornado warnings (and near me) and there were some wicked winds- In fact, I was an hour late to pick up my daughter from camp cause I wasn't going to drive in that weather -
Ola, glad you're keeping your name! oh and I'm heading to Maine with fam in a week and a half... we're driving.
Gem... CONGRATS!!
Hi Cab - you still off the sodas? Hope those headaches have left you.
Hi everyone else-
Gotta run, sorry for the post and run !
TTFN-

Old 06-17-2009 | 06:08 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebies!

Today's event: picture of my little directorate. This doesn't include contractors, and we're still missing a few folks. These are "good idea fairies!" J/K. Now where's Waldo? (Sarah?)

Old 06-17-2009 | 08:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hia Freebies!

Today's event: picture of my little directorate. This doesn't include contractors, and we're still missing a few folks. These are "good idea fairies!" J/K. Now where's Waldo? (Sarah?)

I was looking for the red and white striped shirt?

I see you... you are hiding in the back!

Hey TNMM have a safe trip to Maine-Town! As for weather- just saw on the weather channel that there are more risks of tornadoes in the Asheville area! I think they said "Buncomb" County. (sp?) Sounds familiar from my travels last October. They said the tornadoes would probably be hidden "in the rain and by trees". Sounds SCARY!

And BTW- TNMM you can't just say you're getting weird calls and talk about visits from the sheriff and not tell us anything else. Are your piggies out of control or something?

Old 06-17-2009 | 06:36 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hia Freebies!

I spotted you Sarah!! You are in the front row in a bright pink shirt.......

JK!! you are in the back row right behind that pink shirts shoulder!!

Hey Hey Hey everybody!! I am so sorry, I tend to not make it on every day anymore,,, I have seen some neat mini's lately,,, nothing really dramatic but just nice, with great color combos with cool people driving them mini's,,, I am waving my fool hand off,,,!!!

I am still off the diet pop---but it is HARD!! I mean what in the heck is a gal supposed to drink??
I had a tough day yesterday, this will sound weird to some of you, but I think a few of you will "get it" when I work on very ill people, I tend to feel ill, tired, or just totally drained and yesterday ws one of those days and I am still feeling it today,,, and of course that includes a headache,, but one headache a week isn't so very bad now is it??

How about these storms??? Will we E-V-E-R- get a week in a row of nice-ish weather?????
Gemmy Gril, we need to plot and plan another meeting,,,any Philly mini stuff coming up?? Did you hear what Holly is going to do starting in July????
Ola,,, I love you,,, I love your name,,, I love your posts and you kind consideration in including us in your posts,,, don't change a thing dahling!!
UHOH,, your party sounds hilarious,,, and your desciption is so----welll,,,,,, descriptive...LOL
Okay!! Who was promising me a report on using that goopy stuff that keeps you from sanding????????? How long does a wooooman have to wait already????

Old 06-17-2009 | 07:29 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Okay!! Who was promising me a report on using that goopy stuff that keeps you from sanding????????? How long does a wooooman have to wait already????
Ummm *raising hand* that would be me!!

I have no excuxse, except that I have the top of the Buffet still to do a Faux Finish on and I'm afraid I'm not going to do a very good job on it, I've never done a Faux Finish before. I have all my tools, I know what I want it to look like, but to get started is scary!!

My Dad is coming the week after the 4th of July so I definitely have to have stuff done before then.

Last edited by RJKimbell; 06-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-17-2009 | 07:49 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X -I can't find waldo... Was Cab right?

Cab, WHAT IS HOLLY DOING??? tell me....
yes we need to get a plan going!!! need to rally! And as far as this weather is happening, yuck, but think about it, for many years in a row,we really didn't have a spring, it went from cold to hot. This year is a definate Spring! wet and cool. I'm tired of rain also, need to be topless!!!

Old 06-17-2009 | 08:55 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I was going to make a smart arsed remark about how most everyone is in camo.. how the heck are we supposed to see them?! But of course, our gal doesn't seem to be in camo! yeeesh... talking about taking the wind outta my sails! (giggle)

OK Ola, yeah, we're having really wicked weather in Nashville and I know Lady G has been in her basement in Asheville. I've been a fairly nervous wreck these past few days with the tornado warnings... it's a form of PTSD after we were barely missed by a tornado that destroyed my neighbors & friends homes in Feb 08. (our ears were popping while we were in the basement, and it sounded like 2 super sonic jets, turned out it was twin tornadoes 200 feet from our house).

Hmmm... weird calls, eh? I got home late with my daughter on Monday night. We walked in, and I checked the messages. One computer generated one from the Volvo Dealership (David has a used volvo wagon). Second message went something like this:
Hi, this message is for David. My name is Joe Schmoe* Someone from your house called my mother and left another name. You either have someone in your house making these calls or someone has stolen your identity. Please call me back at: xxx-xxx-xxxx

(*real name not used to protect his, uh, paranoia)

So, since David wasn't home that night, I called this guy back. Out of state call... Left a message on HIS voicemail: Hi I'm Vivi, David's wife. You left a message on our answering machine. Please call me back

A few hours later, he called me back. According to mr. schmoe, someone from my house/number called his mother, who lives in the town I'm closest to, and asked if mr. schmoe's brother was there. Turns out, said brother hasn't been heard from in 2.5 years and won't talk to anyone in his family. Mr. Schmoe's mother was upset by this call, as the supposed caller replied, when Mama Schmoe said "no we've not heard from him, have you," "that's bad"
Mr. Schmoe then proceeded to tell me that I had someone in my house making this call. I calmly explained that the only person in my house during the time of teh call was my house keeper. I also explained that neither my husband nor I had ever heard of this Schmoe family or their problems. Mr. Schmoe immediately said it was my house keeper, and I pointed out that she never uses my phone as she has her own.
But just to be sure, I called Angela. Nope, she's never heard of the schmoes... and (which I forgot) she lives in another town, so she wouldn't know them from school or such. so I call Mr. Schmoe back... back happens to be in Baton Rouge LA, where Mr. Schmoe is working on his Phd in music (I googled him, he is)- and explained about Angela. Mr. Schmoe then proceeded to question me about if I trust her. Which I do. So Mr. Schmoe told me that someone has broken into my house or has stolen my identity. I told him I thought his mother had transcribed the number when she called him originally.... He was adamant that he had the right number. Ok, well, sorry buddy. and I hang up.

I stew on this for a while, the satellite dish "breaks" so I have to fix it, which includes taking cables out of the tv and redoing them.. which means I forget where they go... and I get more frustrated. Then I realize just how WEIRD this whole call was. So I call the local police. They won't even talk to me (I'm out in teh county), so I call teh sheriff's dept. They send a deputy sheriff out, a guy who's of Turkish heritage with a great but unpronounceable last name, so he tells me everyone calls him Turk. I let Deputy Turk listen to the message, at which point Deputy Turk says, this guy's a few fries short of a happy meal. Yup, says I, and explain the rest of the story.

Long story short... Deputy Turk filled out a complaint, gives me a file number and convinces me to call dispatch to have a patrol car come up to the farm and drive around a few times at night until David gets home.

Deputy Turk leaves, I get teh satellite fixed so I can watch the storms come thru and be safe...

and I've never heard from Mr. Schmoe or his ilk again.

Originally Posted by miniola
I was looking for the red and white striped shirt?

I see you... you are hiding in the back!

Hey TNMM have a safe trip to Maine-Town! As for weather- just saw on the weather channel that there are more risks of tornadoes in the Asheville area! I think they said "Buncomb" County. (sp?) Sounds familiar from my travels last October. They said the tornadoes would probably be hidden "in the rain and by trees". Sounds SCARY!

And BTW- TNMM you can't just say you're getting weird calls and talk about visits from the sheriff and not tell us anything else. Are your piggies out of control or something?

Old 06-18-2009 | 05:33 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I spotted you Sarah!! You are in the front row in a bright pink shirt.......

JK!! you are in the back row right behind that pink shirts shoulder!!

Hey Hey Hey everybody!! I am so sorry, I tend to not make it on every day anymore,,, I have seen some neat mini's lately,,, nothing really dramatic but just nice, with great color combos with cool people driving them mini's,,, I am waving my fool hand off,,,!!!

I am still off the diet pop---but it is HARD!! I mean what in the heck is a gal supposed to drink??
I had a tough day yesterday, this will sound weird to some of you, but I think a few of you will "get it" when I work on very ill people, I tend to feel ill, tired, or just totally drained and yesterday ws one of those days and I am still feeling it today,,, and of course that includes a headache,, but one headache a week isn't so very bad now is it??

How about these storms??? Will we E-V-E-R- get a week in a row of nice-ish weather?????
Gemmy Gril, we need to plot and plan another meeting,,,any Philly mini stuff coming up?? Did you hear what Holly is going to do starting in July????
Ola,,, I love you,,, I love your name,,, I love your posts and you kind consideration in including us in your posts,,, don't change a thing dahling!!
UHOH,, your party sounds hilarious,,, and your desciption is so----welll,,,,,, descriptive...LOL
I agree... how are we supposed to see people if they are in camo???

Hopefully the storms will stop soon. Seems like this weekend maybe they'll slow down a bit?

I love you too Cab. Did you know that I was kinda sad that you didn't come to Sarasota for your class.

'Kay... I'm glad RJ raised her hand because I was about to rat her out! I remember LOTS of stuff. And yeah... I remember a certain naughty person who never delivered his "greatest mullet ever" pic . Bad bad bad... . So if you are reading this Mr. Lurker... yes... I am still waiting!

BTW- I wonder if anyone ever got that Free Classic Mini?

HEY RJ- Faux finish can be a challenge. Worst thing that can happen is that you'll actually have to SAND all of your work off and do it again. Hopefully you won't have to "go there". May the FORCE be with you! *insert crazy painter Darth Vader*

Old 06-18-2009 | 05:49 AM
miniola
6th Gear
TNMM- THAT was a weird story! Hopefully no more harassment from J. Schmoe! I wonder if HE was trying to steal your identity? Or if maybe he's somehow trying to give you doubts about trusting your housekeeper? That's just plain nutty.

As for Lady G in her basement... ... couldn't help but laugh. Does she have Wandrur held captive there?

We don't have basements to hide in 'round these parts!

Gotta go for now.

My email is acting wonky too. Guess I'll just have to keep visiting here for my entertainment.

Bye freebs! *smooches*

Old 06-18-2009 | 06:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! Yep, Gem, Cab was right.

So today I got off of work so I could clean the house prior to our Blue Ridge MINI trip (YAY!) I only got the first floor done - holy CRAP this is a big dirty house!! Thank GOD I like glassed-in cabinets (hate dusting) because the dust has gone IN-SA-AAAA-NE!!! Argh.

Anyway. Gotta keep moving. Later, kids! (if you don't hear from me, i probably didn't have time to log back on before leaving!)

Old 06-18-2009 | 07:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey TN - I heard a simular story from my hubby's best friends but it involved needing money sent to a family member that wasn't talking to the parents for a couple years and someone in the family felt bad and send money. Turns out it was a scam, they must have found out names of relatives from the internet.
BE CAREFUL, this sounds as creepy as say a free mini??!! Seriously be careful and lock doors and make sure the cops cruise by.
Let us know if anything else happens. Just doesn't sound right.

Old 06-18-2009 | 07:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
CAB, WHAT IS HOLLY DOING???? DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING....
not nice girl, not nice!!!! where are you??????????

Cab?? anyone see Cab??

Old 06-19-2009 | 08:30 AM
MrFlippant
Neutral
I'm a bit late to the party... but holy buckets, this thread is epic! I'm a regular on audiforums, and we've got a wicked OT section over there; but this thread pretty much PWNS anything that's gone on recently in the AF OT!

Props to Mini/MINI owners! lol

Last edited by MrFlippant; 06-19-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2009 | 03:18 PM
miniola
6th Gear
MrFlippant- WELCOME! We've missed you!

So just stopping to say a quick "hi". I have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO busy... being sneaky that is!

Gotta go! Peace out FREEBS!

Love,
'Ola.

Old 06-19-2009 | 05:38 PM
MrFlippant
Neutral
I love how people miss me who've never even heard of me before. I rule.

Old 06-19-2009 | 09:45 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
"Where's TNMM??...Anybody seen TNMM??!!" She's missed her curfew on checking in, need to make sure she's ok and that the weird phone call guy has stopped harassing her!!

I say if he hasn't we all get his # and ring it a few times...get my drift??!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 06-21-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2009 | 06:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I'm with you RJK, let's get a number and show this guy don't mess with us MINI owners!

Old 06-21-2009 | 07:39 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
ROFLMAO! Y'all are GREAT! No more problems from Mr. Joe Schmoe... At least none that I've seen. I've got so many people that are up here legitimately during the day, I'm not too worried... In fact, I kinda wonder what happened to my peace & quiet. Dave & Towns are back from Boy Scout Camp, and Dave works from the house... I'm in and out running kids, we've got the contractor here helping me with some barn issues and finishing up the other minor things we have around here... Then there's the kids' music teacher who also moonlights in farming, and he's helping me get the rest of my pastures cleaned up so I can send in for the grant money... and have good pastures again. I have a friend who comes by regularly with his son to fish, another neighbor who's just plain nosey (but is good for asking who such and such is going up and down my driveway- he gets liscence plate numbers... so I let him be nosey)... and then again most people around here know I'm pretty good with a shot gun (in fact, they know I HAVE a shot gun too!). Plus I have an alarm system, which is monitored. My back neighbor is out all the time as his cattle are on my place, so he's constantly checking fences, making sure that there's nothing strange going on.

That said, that was a weird series of phone calls.

Thanks RJ, Cab, Gem, and everyone else - It's great being loved

Happy Father's day to those dads out there!

Old 06-21-2009 | 04:40 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
TNMM you checked in...Good Girl!! Goodness with that much goings on at your place, you're right no one in their right mind is going to try anything. BUT just remember all you have to do is HOLLAR and the Classic Mini/MINI Freebie Crew will be there in an instant!!

Old 06-21-2009 | 07:12 PM
Big Norm
6th Gear
So where is the free mini...lol...cant believe this thread is still going...it's been a while since i've been on....alot going on in my life lately....figured i'd at least say HI !!!!

Old 06-21-2009 | 08:45 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
HEY Big Norm!! (said in my Cheers' Crowd Shouting Voice) How ya' been?? What's new??

Ok...spill the Beans...it's been you all along ringing TNMM and you just now show up to coNfess...Uh Hu...I KNEW IT!!

Old 06-21-2009 | 09:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Big Norm...

YOU've been calling me??? And leaving those weird messages??? OMG!

(isnt' this how rumors get started? Anyone for having some fun?!)

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...