Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009 | 05:04 AM
Big Norm
6th Gear
We'll I seperated from a 5 yr relationship, moved back in with the parents, and signed up for school...figured while the economy is bad, might as well go back to school...going for EMT/Paramedics/Fire Fighting...other from that....still have one classic mini being restored and then im done with it all.

Old 06-22-2009 | 08:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Lies, lies, and more lies Big Norm - you KNOW you're not done with it all!!! It's in your blood. But if it makes you feel better to say it, say it again babe!

OK! SO WHO ELSE KNEW 'OLA WAS SNEAKING UP TO MEET ME ON THE BLUE RIDGE TOUR?????? I wasn't able to meet up with the club for the entire run, but my pal and I convoyed out to Banner Elk, NC to meet them for the last two days of it...and WHO should drive up, but a smashing pepper white and chrome cabrio, but 'Ola and Hubby!! I didn't realize who it was at first - one MINI rolled up to where pal (MacLeod) and I were standing by our cars and asked us something and drove off to park...then the PW/Chrome cabrio rolled up and the driver said something I didn't catch but thought I heard, "something something something TROLL!?" Whaaa?? I walked closer, and just about had a heart attack!!! OLA IN THE FLESH!!! She is TOTALLY as funny and charming as she is here - only without all the smilies. She's still on the road home - this woman drove 12-13 hrs to join up with my club for this trip just to surprise me! ANd she certainly accomplished her very sneaky mission - and my club loved her! (no surprise there.)

Pics will follow!

Old 06-22-2009 | 08:09 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Hey freebies!

I've been busy the last few weeks with school letting out and all so I wanted to drop by and touch base while I have a few minutes.

Son is starting driver's ed TODAY! w00t! I'm really excited to get him driving on his own, then he can take himself to all his own appointments!

Dog is in need of knee surgery. He tore a ligament in his knee, but thankfully, we can afford the surgery so I am calling the surgeon about that today to get him scheduled for it.

Viola STILL hasn't been to the dealership.... but is going at the end of next month-ish... depending on when I remember to call them and schedule her service. *grin*

And um... I think that's all that's fit to print.

Oh! I'm back up to 50,000 words on my novel. I had 50k after NANO last year, but after NANO, I got rid of all the crap and landed myself with a whopping 5 or 10k words remaining. As of yesterday though, 50k.

WOOHOO!

*big hugs to all the freebies!*

RG

Old 06-22-2009 | 07:26 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
BUT just remember all you have to do is HOLLAR and the Classic Mini/MINI Freebie Crew will be there in an instant!!
+1

Old 06-22-2009 | 07:28 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
We'll I seperated from a 5 yr relationship, moved back in with the parents, and signed up for school...figured while the economy is bad, might as well go back to school...going for EMT/Paramedics/Fire Fighting...other from that....still have one classic mini being restored and then im done with it all.
Big Norm...I really stuck my foot in my mouth with that one didn't I??!! I'm sorry to hear about your separation, those aren't any fun.

WOW!! *good feelings go here* Going to be an EMT/Paramedic/Firefighter sounds like a big challenge. But hey you're Big Norm and you can do anything!!

And you've kept one Little Classic Mini to keep you company!!

Old 06-22-2009 | 07:51 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI Big Norm, welcome back to the place where everyone knows your name and will give you a beer and make you smile.... sorry to hear about the relationship thing. Glad to hear your in school. Great way to keep occupied. I have done the same, tonight was my first night in evening school for accounting, furthering my career also... after 20something years out of school oh well never mind...
X - how cool is that for OLA to meet up with you!!! OLA you rock girl.
Ramdon, take good care of that pup of yours. I'll be thinking of you and him.... keep us informed on his recovery...

And I just have to say i'm a bad bad mini mommy, as I have enjoyed the last year driving Nugget, and smiling every day - It didn't sink in until satruday night and when you have a car a year, usually what happens is inspections creep up and you don't realize it!! Yes the first time in my life I have missed an inspection. So I had to call the MA and bribe her with chocolate if she could pull some strings and squeeze my car in this Saturday. ooooppppsss!
Happy Birthday Nugget!

Old 06-23-2009 | 05:14 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HOLLEEE CRAP I'm PISSED!!! I tried ordering new stripes from Aesthetic Creations - I even went so far as to call the guy, to make sure I was ordering the right ones, since the descriptions on the website sucked. I ended up on the phone with him for almost 45 minutes. He said the kind I was describing were usually stock on hand, but he was out of them at the time I wanted, so he'd be making more. I didn't think it was THAT hard. When I got them in they were NOT what I wanted. So I started an email discussion with him to return them. At first he was talking a restocking fee, and return. "We have quality stuff so you should use a store credit instead, but oh no, I won't be able to install them." Now he says, "i was trying to be nice, but that's a lot of money for me to lose; there's no refund. I'll offer you these completely different stripes (totally the wrong color), and you can wait until MOTD next year when I can install them." SERIOUSLY???? THis email traffic has been going on for about two or three weeks now, and the replies are VERY visible, yet he cannot keep his customers straight - which one ordered which color. Read the freakin' previous email traffic for GODS SAKE!!! WTF!?!?! I am SO fed up. And in the meantime, I find stripes I LOVE, much more local, plus people I trust to put them on for me.

SO! If anybody here would like something from Aesthetic Creations, please let me know. I'll either make you a good deal on it, or I'll give it to you, depending on what it is. But after this, I am NOT dealing with them any more.

Old 06-23-2009 | 07:24 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey hey hey Freeb's!!! How the heck have you all been?? I know,, actually you all are doing fine from the posts accumulating on here... I have no idea what has happened to my past week or so,,I all of a sudden remembered that I haven't been on here and, well, here I am catching up yet again!!

Uhoh, that is awesome about Ola's surprise visit!! Harrumph, Gemmy--- did you notice that she didn't sneak up to PA for our Topless Review???? What is that all about??????

Tnmm, your phone call thing is/was weird,,, really weird, and I agree he definitely is a few fries short.... yep,,, I agree.

Gemmy- you probably already know Holly's big news by now, right? That she too, (like Big Norm and YOU!!) is returning back to school?? She is attending the Muscle Therapy school that I previoulsy taught at. I have had great fun helping her with some of the decision.
RG,,, good luck with the pup!!! These pets take alot of our time and energy, huh?? But they add so much quality to our lives,,, right?? Good luck and hopefully it will all go oh so smoothly!!
RJ,, don't feel bad about not trying that darned sanding free stuff,, I was waiting for you to remind me that I really could take the initiative and try it myself!!! LOL....
Ola!! In regards to the Sarasota trip to conitinue my training,, I was really sad about it also,, and our plans really fell trhough for that holiday weekend anyways, so I might as well had gone,,,sigh!!
The bummer is now the classes that are being offered are now at Jupiter Beach? I guess it is a great place to train and after the course you can simply walk out to the beaches so I am glad about that but can't help but wonder how far you are away from that area???

What else have I missed out on?? BIG NORM!!!! Hey there buddy!! Long time, no talkie,,,, sorry about the relationship,, just remember" when one door closes, another door opens,,," good luck with your studies!

And Mr. Flippant,, I love you,,, don't know who you are, or anything about you but your posts made my day,, and made me laugh!! Doesn't get any better than that so I insist that you remain with us and add to our tomfoolery.

Anyone else that I have left out I apologise,,, I have another client here in a few minutes so am typing as fast as I can.....whew!

Uhoh,,, that soooo sucks about your experience with aesthetic creations,,, totally sucks and I am sorry to hear it..... come on over and I will buy you a drink,, maybe two to help you shake it off!!

Byeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Old 06-23-2009 | 11:17 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay, I am noticing a pattern,, whenever I am not online you guys are all on here jabbering away,, when I sign on you all scatter and leave.....

is it my breath???

Old 06-23-2009 | 11:20 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Okay, I am noticing a pattern,, whenever I am not online you guys are all on here jabbering away,, when I sign on you all scatter and leave.....

is it my breath???
*cough, cough* well, sweetie, we didn't want to say annyyyyything......

Old 06-23-2009 | 02:32 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
*cough, cough* well, sweetie, we didn't want to say annyyyyything......
LOL!!!

OH DEAR GOD!!! You mean to tell me I have Cyber Hallitosis??????

trudging away,,,, sobbing gently--hiccupping and wiping snot from my nose,,,, guess I better get a Cyber toothbrush.....

Old 06-23-2009 | 04:22 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
LOL!!!

OH DEAR GOD!!! You mean to tell me I have Cyber Hallitosis??????

trudging away,,,, sobbing gently--hiccupping and wiping snot from my nose,,,, guess I better get a Cyber toothbrush.....
Hee hee hee...Sweetie, you're a riot. Lemme know how big that cyber toothbrush is!

Old 06-23-2009 | 05:44 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Cab,
Don't forget to brush your cyber tongue... oh and you might want some Mints...

<backs towards the door, opens it and RUNS while simultaneously laughing her **** off>

Old 06-24-2009 | 08:43 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Cab,
Don't forget to brush your cyber tongue... oh and you might want some Mints...

<backs towards the door, opens it and RUNS while simultaneously laughing her **** off>
OH, HAR HAR HAR HAR....

On a separate note: my MINI club (The Tar Heels MINI Motoring Club - THMMC) is doing an October MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon (MSSD) run if anybody is interested...23-25 October...

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:05 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
MINNNNEEEEOOOOLAAAAA!!!!! WHere are you, chicky?

Old 06-25-2009 | 10:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
*snif snif* Since I seem to be here by myself, I may as well amuse myself...

Seasonal, but I like his grin!

Oooh, good mummy! aw,... HOBBES!!!

Cracks me UP! Eeevil

Sarah (although I should be texting, not talking):
'Ola: (note the pink hair!)

Happy 4th!

Ok. I think those are enough smileys for today. I normally post my favorites to my SmileyVault account, but these won't upload for some reason...

Old 06-25-2009 | 11:44 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
nice smilies

Old 06-25-2009 | 12:03 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
nice smilies
Thanks. I was procrastinating. Still am...

Old 06-25-2009 | 02:58 PM
miniola
6th Gear
We were FABULOUS!

This is all I can do for now. Pic is self explanatory! UHOH let me have one of her crowns. Lots of compliments on my coconut bra t-shirt! Fortunately... no one asked if the coconuts were "scratch-n-sniff"! (I had coconut scented sunscreen on ) Can anyone tell who had the Cabrio?

Old 06-25-2009 | 04:21 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
To Quote Billy Crystal:

"You Look Marvelous"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZl3gGV4H6c

Old 06-25-2009 | 08:16 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
WAY TO GO OLA!!!!
A BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU FOR GOING TO MEET X

Old 06-26-2009 | 05:50 AM
nicklk
2nd Gear
Went on a classic car cruise last night, and my Mini was the talk of the whole cruise lol. At one time I had about 20 people standing around it talking about it

Old 06-26-2009 | 06:31 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
SWEET MINI, Nick!!

And 'Ola, where are the rest of your pictures, dear??? I want to see some! You, at least, had a navigator to take pics...I wasn't supposed to take the hands off the wheel! (note: wasn't SUPPOSED to...) Here are the ones from my blackberry (I had at least 65 on there!) I haven't had a chance to download/upload the rest yet, but i'll post them in this album.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...k/BRPT%202009/

Old 06-26-2009 | 11:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Old 06-26-2009 | 11:49 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nicklk
Went on a classic car cruise last night, and my Mini was the talk of the whole cruise lol. At one time I had about 20 people standing around it talking about it

That's what happens every time i take mine to cruise night. Did you have about 20 people standing around it trying to figure out how all three people you brought with you were going to get out of it?

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...