Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 02:13 PM
nicklk
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
That's what happens every time i take mine to cruise night. Did you have about 20 people standing around it trying to figure out how all three people you brought with you were going to get out of it?
Yep!

Everyone wanted to lift it and move it over too lol

Old 06-26-2009 | 02:45 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Yeah I get that all the time... They like to take pictures of me getting out and in the car. They can't figure out how a 6' tall person gets into a car that comes up to their elbow...

Old 06-26-2009 | 06:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
This is all I can do for now. Pic is self explanatory! UHOH let me have one of her crowns. Lots of compliments on my coconut bra t-shirt! Fortunately... no one asked if the coconuts were "scratch-n-sniff"! (I had coconut scented sunscreen on ) Can anyone tell who had the Cabrio?

Hey Ola, great photo,,, great "sneak attack"!!! Am I missing something but I don't recognize the other 2 in that shot?? Now I would assume that one of them is UHOH,,,it is harder to locate her in this shot but I am thinking she is the one closest to the MINI???

And TNmm,,,,,, I'LL GET YOU~~~~ MY PRETTY!!!! ** insert maniacal, stinky laughter***
You were soooo wise to run away!!

Hey Freebs, we are off for a little adventure-- a 3 day weekend in Cape May N.J. We are supposed to have internet access,, so maybe,, just maybe I can peek in a say heeeelloooooooo

Old 06-26-2009 | 06:55 PM
MacLeod
Coordinator :: Annapolis Mini Motoring Club
So I heard something about a free classic Mini? LOL...
Hey good to see that we're already famous!! W00T! Hey girls! The Ditch Diva has arrived!!

Old 06-27-2009 | 07:59 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey Ola, great photo,,, great "sneak attack"!!! Am I missing something but I don't recognize the other 2 in that shot?? Now I would assume that one of them is UHOH,,,it is harder to locate her in this shot but I am thinking she is the one closest to the MINI???
"The one closest to the MINI!?!" Which MINI??? (Uh, The GREEN MINI might give ya a hint....just a leeetle one.)
Originally Posted by MacLeod
Hey good to see that we're already famous!! W00T! Hey girls! The Ditch Diva has arrived!!
OH LOOK! It's the RED MINI DRIVER!!! A.K.A. the Ditch Diva. She kept running off the roads into the ditch, "Claiming" it was to avoid a pileup at the short-stop braking...HA! Riiiiiiight. Riiight riiight riiight....

Old 06-27-2009 | 08:15 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Yeah I get that all the time... They like to take pictures of me getting out and in the car. They can't figure out how a 6' tall person gets into a car that comes up to their elbow...
You're 6'? You are one TALL Twinky!

Old 06-27-2009 | 01:40 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MacLeod
Weeeee're faMOUS????? Welcome to the dark and crazy side "Ditch Diva" (although I also lovingly referred to you as the "Ditch MASTER" in one of our videos! ). BTW- we're still patiently waiting for the FREE Mini thing to work out. Please have some... .

Old 06-27-2009 | 01:41 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
EXACTLY what I was thinking!!

Old 06-27-2009 | 02:20 PM
MacLeod
Coordinator :: Annapolis Mini Motoring Club
ooh! popcorn! I want some! And I prefer Ditch DIVA. .. Ditch Master is just so... so blah. lol..

Old 06-27-2009 | 02:49 PM
miniola
6th Gear

Last edited by miniola; 06-28-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2009 | 04:00 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
ROFL. Yeah. 6' and still fit in a classic. Speaking of classic....BB is broken. Her brakes are going out....again (3rd time). Was going to take her to a Mini show tomorrow but I don't want to risk the brakes completely going out on the way to the show. No parade next weekend either.

Old 06-28-2009 | 06:16 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
MINIxB, so sorry to hear about you Mini out of commission! that is terrible and sounds like you had some Mini stuff planned- hope she is back on the road quickly

Old 06-28-2009 | 07:00 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Might be a couple weeks before I can get her back on the road. :(

Old 06-29-2009 | 05:40 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
When "the brakes go out" what does that mean exactly? Probably brake LINEs?

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
SO... ummm... MINIxB... of course you are a part of our beloved "Freebie" group... but I have realized that we've never ever seen a pic of YOU! You've seen pics of us and our high school hair and even more recent pics of ourselves... but I only know you as a headlight on a cool Classic! We've seen Big Norm in his Classic (quite a stunner with his size) ... so why haven't we seen YOU? And now you say that you are 6 feet tall and that people all stand around at car shows and take pics of you with your tiny Classic? Guess what babe, it's YOUR turn now! For real! It's not fair for you to tell us all about your cool car shows and how much of a show stopper you are and then not post any pics of this! Surely there must be some pics of you with your Mini surrounded by all the little people.

Better start posting pics! YOU with the car!

Everybody with me on this??? PICS-PICS-PICS!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Uhoh, that is awesome about Ola's surprise visit!! Harrumph, Gemmy--- did you notice that she didn't sneak up to PA for our Topless Review???? What is that all about??????

Ola!! In regards to the Sarasota trip to conitinue my training,, I was really sad about it also,, and our plans really fell trhough for that holiday weekend anyways, so I might as well had gone,,,sigh!!
The bummer is now the classes that are being offered are now at Jupiter Beach? I guess it is a great place to train and after the course you can simply walk out to the beaches so I am glad about that but can't help but wonder how far you are away from that area???
Hey Cab- you and Gem never invited me. That's why I didn't go. Well... that and because the Blue Ridge Parkway isn't there.

As for Jupiter Beach- I am about 3.5-4 hours from there. Atlantic side beaches are quite different from Gulf beaches. When are you going over there? Sometimes the husband works over there... maybe we could plan something.

Old 06-29-2009 | 02:23 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
When "the brakes go out" what does that mean exactly? Probably brake LINEs?
The brakes don't stop the car when you press the brake peddle...

I'll get pictures with me and my mini soon but for now here's one with me in my xB:

Name:  NewPictures612028.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  82.7 KB

Old 06-29-2009 | 02:42 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Wow, what a great smile!! Yes, we definitely want pics with the Mini!

Old 06-29-2009 | 07:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HEY! Where'd everybody go???

PROPS to MINIxB for posting a pic! Where's my clapping guy? *searching... searching... oh there he is!*You look very nice and you have chocolatey colored eyes! *oooh better not say that TOO loud... Gem LOVES chocolate * *ooooh... thinking about Gem mistaking your eyes for a treat is kinda gross 'eh?!?* sorry

We're still waiting for pics of you with the Mini though. I'm sure they'll be great!

Old 06-29-2009 | 07:52 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Freebies! I'm in New Jersey right now, having driven up in Mocha with my husband and two kids. I looked for Gem & Cab as I went around Philadelphia (76 to 276 to 1 to 95) on my way here, but alas, no such luck! But if you hear rumors of a hot chocolate clubbie with a silver thule roof box, well, we don't admit anything unless it's in our best interest!
Tomorrow, we finish our trip to Maine- so we'll go thru NY, CT, MA, NH and then Maine...
Phew. Now it's time for bed!
Cheerios and miss y'all

Old 06-29-2009 | 07:58 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
SO... ummm... MINIxB... of course you are a part of our beloved "Freebie" group... but I have realized that we've never ever seen a pic of YOU! You've seen pics of us and our high school hair and even more recent pics of ourselves... but I only know you as a headlight on a cool Classic! We've seen Big Norm in his Classic (quite a stunner with his size) ... so why haven't we seen YOU? And now you say that you are 6 feet tall and that people all stand around at car shows and take pics of you with your tiny Classic? Guess what babe, it's YOUR turn now! For real! It's not fair for you to tell us all about your cool car shows and how much of a show stopper you are and then not post any pics of this! Surely there must be some pics of you with your Mini surrounded by all the little people.

Better start posting pics! YOU with the car!

Everybody with me on this??? PICS-PICS-PICS!!!!!!

totally with you on this one!!! POST PICS

Old 06-29-2009 | 08:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Cab- you and Gem never invited me. That's why I didn't go. Well... that and because the Blue Ridge Parkway isn't there.
YOU ARE INVITED!!! THIS IS A PERSONAL INVATATION - PLEASE COME AND SEE CAB AND I!!! PLEASE AND BRING X WITH YOU !!!!!

HELL, LET'S START A CARAVAN OLA, AND PICK UP ALL THE FREEBIES ALONG THE WAY AND HEAD TO PA AND CAMP OUT IN OUR BACK YARD!!!!

Old 06-29-2009 | 08:06 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HEY! Where'd everybody go???

PROPS to MINIxB for posting a pic! Where's my clapping guy? *searching... searching... oh there he is!*You look very nice and you have chocolatey colored eyes! *oooh better not say that TOO loud... Gem LOVES chocolate * *ooooh... thinking about Gem mistaking your eyes for a treat is kinda gross 'eh?!?* sorry
UGH OLA, you didn't really go there??? seriously, eating chocolate eyes???? I do have limits.
Oh speaking of chocolate though, my new coworkers are learning very quickly my little chocolate addition, now I'm getting updates of the new candy bars in the machine in the lunch room right after the guy leaves after filling it!!! now if i could only get people to leave chocolate on my desk...

Old 06-29-2009 | 08:08 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hi Freebies! I'm in New Jersey right now, having driven up in Mocha with my husband and two kids. I looked for Gem & Cab as I went around Philadelphia (76 to 276 to 1 to 95) on my way here, but alas, no such luck! But if you hear rumors of a hot chocolate clubbie with a silver thule roof box, well, we don't admit anything unless it's in our best interest!
Tomorrow, we finish our trip to Maine- so we'll go thru NY, CT, MA, NH and then Maine...
Cheerios and miss y'all
OH TN, I wish I was keeping up with your trip, had i known you were coming through, we could have met, those roads you mentioned are only about 45 minutes from me!!!! oh TN...... come back, come back.......

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:35 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Cheerios and miss y'all

Jimmeny Chrickets, Tnmm!! You were like right on my doorstep and here I was in New Jersey too!! **insert long drawn out quivering sigh***

Oh well,,, maybe on your return trip home?? Even if it is just in a rest area for 15 minutes??? please?? pretty please??? Are you with me on this Gemmy Girl???

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...