Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:40 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey Cab- you and Gem never invited me. That's why I didn't go. Well... that and because the Blue Ridge Parkway isn't there.

As for Jupiter Beach- I am about 3.5-4 hours from there. Atlantic side beaches are quite different from Gulf beaches. When are you going over there? Sometimes the husband works over there... maybe we could plan something.

Invited you ????? We HAVE to invite you???
I really took you for the spontaneous sort, one who just *poof!* appears when least expected!!
Jeez,,, didn't know we had to INVITE you,,,, lemme see where I put my "come see me" invitations and I will get right on that one.... grin,,,,

Anyways, I haven't made any plans for the next course in FLA. as you know we are on a bit of a budget and I am also wanting to go visit my son and kids in Colorado in August,,not to mention that I have not seen my mommy in over a year..but I really need and WANT to get this course completed,, it's a big deal and I have this "plan" on how to use it,,,, sooooooo I will figure somehting out soon,,,, will keep you posted----

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:43 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
The brakes don't stop the car when you press the brake peddle...

I'll get pictures with me and my mini soon but for now here's one with me in my xB:

Hi MiniXB-- nice to "meet" you!! Glad to see you sitting there with your seat belt securely fastened
And I have brown eyes and can vouch for Gem--- never once did she try to nibble on my eyes!! LOL,,, but of course mine tend to show a little "green y ness" at times and maybe I threw her off???

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:43 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hi MiniXB-- nice to "meet" you!! Glad to see you sitting there with your seat belt securely fastened

LOL I always wear my seatbelt. Especially in the mini. I've even got covers for the Mini's seatblets that have the Union Jack on them. LOL

Old 06-30-2009 | 06:19 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Freebies from The Great State of Maine! Dinner tonight was lobster stew and crab rolls... while watching the fog roll in on the harbour. <sigh>

Life is good!

Gem & Cab, I'll be coming back thru in Mid August. I'm hoping to actually spend a couple of days in Philadelphia so I can take the kids downtown and do all the historic stuff (yes, even the Liberty Bell), show them my childhood home/farm ~ or at least what's left of it ~ where I went to school, where their great grandmother grew up, meet some of their cousins.... And then we hope to go to DC for a day or two.
So maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch or a cup of coffee after y'all get off work?! (it will be in the middle of the week).

gotta run, still have to unpack... cheerios!

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Jimmeny Chrickets, Tnmm!! You were like right on my doorstep and here I was in New Jersey too!! **insert long drawn out quivering sigh***

Oh well,,, maybe on your return trip home?? Even if it is just in a rest area for 15 minutes??? please?? pretty please??? Are you with me on this Gemmy Girl???
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'M WITH YOU CAB!!!!!!!!!
TN YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO US. REALLY ARE ON CABS DOORSTEP AND I CAN BE THERE IN A FLASH.....SERIOUSLY!

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
And I have brown eyes and can vouch for Gem--- never once did she try to nibble on my eyes!! LOL,,, but of course mine tend to show a little "green y ness" at times and maybe I threw her off???
OH and i was so tempted too Cabby!!

me thinks i have made a name for myself telling everyone how much I like chocolate!!!!!!
no other chocoaholics out there?? come on freebies fess up!...

Old 06-30-2009 | 08:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Howdy Freebies from The Great State of Maine! Dinner tonight was lobster stew and crab rolls... while watching the fog roll in on the harbour. <sigh>

Life is good!

Gem & Cab, I'll be coming back thru in Mid August. I'm hoping to actually spend a couple of days in Philadelphia so I can take the kids downtown and do all the historic stuff (yes, even the Liberty Bell), show them my childhood home/farm ~ or at least what's left of it ~ where I went to school, where their great grandmother grew up, meet some of their cousins.... And then we hope to go to DC for a day or two.
So maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch or a cup of coffee after y'all get off work?! (it will be in the middle of the week).

TN your dinner tonight sounds great!! I want some...
AND Yes I would be up for an August meeting, just keep us informed when and I will try my hardest to get there!

Old 06-30-2009 | 08:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
UGH OLA, you didn't really go there??? seriously, eating chocolate eyes???? I do have limits.
Oh speaking of chocolate though, my new coworkers are learning very quickly my little chocolate addition, now I'm getting updates of the new candy bars in the machine in the lunch room right after the guy leaves after filling it!!! now if i could only get people to leave chocolate on my desk...
Yeah... I DID "go there" and I questioned myself... but I found it hilarious that you rolled right into the explanation of your coworkers knowing how addicted you are.

You sayin' you didn't even THINK about it???

Old 06-30-2009 | 08:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Invited you ????? We HAVE to invite you???
I really took you for the spontaneous sort, one who just *poof!* appears when least expected!!
Jeez,,, didn't know we had to INVITE you,,,, lemme see where I put my "come see me" invitations and I will get right on that one.... grin,,,,

Anyways, I haven't made any plans for the next course in FLA. as you know we are on a bit of a budget and I am also wanting to go visit my son and kids in Colorado in August,,not to mention that I have not seen my mommy in over a year..but I really need and WANT to get this course completed,, it's a big deal and I have this "plan" on how to use it,,,, sooooooo I will figure somehting out soon,,,, will keep you posted----
Cab- You're thinking about how I *poof* show up unexpectedly when someone's been naughty.

Hey maybe you can fly into Sarasota and I can drive you over to Jupiter! If I show you my pool you might want to visit.

I am planning on going to the MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon Oct. 23-25th. The Blue Ridge Parkway trip was such a blast! Sorry you guys didn't get to read my great story... but when I hit submit... well... it *poof* disappeared. UHOH was so great! And I really did surprise the hell out of her. She gave me such a big hug that I could barely breathe! But anyway... you should all consider going. Trying to talk TNMM into it but I think MacLeod threatening to throw undies in the freezer has got her scared! JK!! I'M SCARED!!!

Old 06-30-2009 | 08:17 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama

Life is good!

I'll go back to Maine ONLY if I get to hang out where YOU are! Sounds like fun!

Old 07-01-2009 | 05:27 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Goood morning Freebs?
I must ask this burning question!! Do any of you wake up at a normal time and decide to relax and just lounge there for bit, only to fall alseep again?? Whenever I do that I end up waking back up with a headache (yes, I still have the darned things but still only like 1-2 a week now which is a huge improvement!)
But doesn't that suck?? My favorite thing to do is lounge and doze a bit when I have the chance and then I get punished for it!!

Sorry for that question, but had to ask!

Old 07-01-2009 | 05:32 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Tnmm, I think a quick redevous would be awesome!!! AWESOME!! If you can, just give a me a few days heads up so maybe I can rearrange my schedule if needed... I work til 7-ish a few nights.... any spare time that you can snag would be just marvelous!!! Hey Tn,, will you go to Valley Forge also? For some reson I really like that place and can just "feel" the history all around me there...
Your dinner sounds yummy,,,, we enjoyed some great seafood while in Cape May and now I am back to "healthy" eating trying to offset the damage!

Old 07-01-2009 | 06:16 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I will do that Cab- I've got to plan the trip- was thinking I could get the kids to see Plymouth Rock, Salem, Mystic Seaport and stay a night with my cousin in CT, then head down to PA. All those areas I was in near the River (on both sides) I'm pretty familiar with- my most favorite aunt lives in Hopewell, used to live in Trenton, right on the canal, and my grandmother ended up in a nursing home near Yardley. My Dad lived in Princeton after he and mom divorced, so my bro and I used to drive from Roxborough (Western Phila) to visit Dad every weekend or so. My aunt is into historical and natural stuff, so we'd go with her on digs or bird watches or to help her with some restoration project and later, when I was in TN and married, I wanted to build a home from an old barn, and went with a barn expert to see wonderful old 17th century Dutch Bank Barns throughout that area.
As for Valley Forge, I would love to do that, but am not sure I could on this trip. My brother went to Valley Forge Military Academy, and I used to ride out that way.
Ahhh... memories...

This would be lots of fun with you and Gem! I am not sure where my cousins live, I think Lafayette Hills... I do have an uncle & a cousin who live in Downtown Phila. and another cousin (who I don't know well) over on the Main Line. I think there is more family around there, but I can't remember right now... brain fart... lack of coffee... the fog is rolling in and I guess it's effecting my brain (giggle)

gotta make breakfast !
TTFN
Tnmm, I think a quick redevous would be awesome!!! AWESOME!! If you can, just give a me a few days heads up so maybe I can rearrange my schedule if needed... I work til 7-ish a few nights.... any spare time that you can snag would be just marvelous!!! Hey Tn,, will you go to Valley Forge also? For some reson I really like that place and can just "feel" the history all around me there...
Your dinner sounds yummy,,,, we enjoyed some great seafood while in Cape May and now I am back to "healthy" eating trying to offset the damage!

Old 07-01-2009 | 06:25 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Goood morning Freebs?
I must ask this burning question!! Do any of you wake up at a normal time and decide to relax and just lounge there for bit, only to fall alseep again?? Whenever I do that I end up waking back up with a headache (yes, I still have the darned things but still only like 1-2 a week now which is a huge improvement!)
But doesn't that suck?? My favorite thing to do is lounge and doze a bit when I have the chance and then I get punished for it!!

Sorry for that question, but had to ask!
YUP...I call it the "sleep hangover." I love sleeping - it's my favorite-est hobby.

Old 07-01-2009 | 02:26 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Cab- You're thinking about how I *poof* show up unexpectedly when someone's been naughty.

Hey maybe you can fly into Sarasota and I can drive you over to Jupiter! If I show you my pool you might want to visit.

I am planning on going to the MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon Oct. 23-25th. The Blue Ridge Parkway trip was such a blast! Sorry you guys didn't get to read my great story... but when I hit submit... well... it *poof* disappeared. UHOH was so great! And I really did surprise the hell out of her. She gave me such a big hug that I could barely breathe! But anyway... you should all consider going. Trying to talk TNMM into it but I think MacLeod threatening to throw undies in the freezer has got her scared! JK!! I'M SCARED!!!
Is there a web site or thread for MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon? Inquiring minds want to know.

P.S. WOOHOO This is my 200th post!!

Last edited by HalAC; 07-01-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: 200th post
Old 07-01-2009 | 02:32 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
OH and i was so tempted too Cabby!!

me thinks i have made a name for myself telling everyone how much I like chocolate!!!!!!
no other chocoaholics out there?? come on freebies fess up!...
Hey Gem, I like my chocolate. I best like Lindt or Cadburys milk chocolate.

Old 07-01-2009 | 02:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HAL! I was going to post a message to you earlier today and tell you that I would let you wear my pink princess crown if you went! Just hadn't gotten around to it.

Ok... let me find the info and I'll post a link. UHOH knows about this stuff more than I do so you might want to pm her.

Congrats on the big 200!

Old 07-01-2009 | 02:37 PM
miniola
6th Gear
http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

See if this works. It's known as MSSD.

Old 07-01-2009 | 04:54 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

See if this works. It's known as MSSD.

This got me to the link but I couldn't see anything that would give me details,,, loacations??? I know, I am pathetic......

Old 07-01-2009 | 04:56 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
YUP...I call it the "sleep hangover." I love sleeping - it's my favorite-est hobby.

Uhoh, you are wise beyond your years,,,, very very wise.

Old 07-01-2009 | 05:24 PM
miniola
6th Gear
This got me to the link but I couldn't see anything that would give me details,,, loacations??? I know, I am pathetic......
I just looked. There really isn't much info on specifics. I am sure that TWISTER could answer your questions. If you read through the thread there is a little bit of info... but I've basically just pointed you to the starting point. I just know when it starts and stops and that it is at/near the Dragon. I think there will be more details as we get closer to October. There is Blimey's Tour of Terror (which UHOH has kind of described as a real terror ).

I guess that MSSD is like a really laid back MOTD Dragon Event... but not so many people. I am going as the annoying LEAF PEEPER ... umm... that occasionally drives kinda' fast. There's going to be a drive on the Cherohala Skyway (SP)??? AKA the "Chocoholic" (Gem ). People seem to be staying at the Fontana Lodge. UHOH is talking about renting a cabin.

When I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway tour I kept thinking about my Freebie buds and how much you guys would have loved it! The people that were there were REALLY nice and it was SO easy to just talk to anyone. Kinda' strange... but all for the love of a MINI I guess. (And that would include any Mini that might like to show up too! ) It was a great first time experience... although some of them might have wondered who the crazy lady was (me ). I was just having a great time and wanted them to know that I really appreciated all the effort that went into planning it.

And yes, I plan on going to BRP 2010!

Old 07-01-2009 | 05:40 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
LOL I love sleeping too. Its the reason I never get anything done though....

Old 07-01-2009 | 06:22 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Oh, you guys are so funny. I'm currently at home in OH for brother's wedding. *sigh*

YES, MSSD is essentially "just" the Dragon. Most of the Tar Heels will be meeting up to drive out to it, but since I live at least two hours away, eh... And the club is so huge, MEMBERS could show up and no one else would know them! We have over 1,100 members. And some of the VA (Hampton Roads) MINI club tend to join up with some of the trips, too. Biiiiig happy family! But the best thing about them is how well everything is organized. (Sorry-i'd inset a head nod here, but I can't see the emoticons or smilies on my blackberry!!)

Cheers! I'll probly post some updates periodically...especially if I get bored. *sigh*

Old 07-01-2009 | 06:31 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
x uh oh x, I take it you're in the Franklin/Delaware county area? If you get the chance and can get up to Delaware go to the Hamburger Inn and have a big cheese burger for me. Lots of history there.

They have their own bakery; lemon meringue pie to die for.

Last edited by HalAC; 07-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2009 | 07:26 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hey Gem, I like my chocolate. I best like Lindt or Cadburys milk chocolate.

Thanks for getting my back Hal!!!
Lindt's in my fridge currently and stashes of chocolate around the house!!
Cadbury carmal chocolate, one of my favorites, but then again what ever I'm eating at the time is one of my favorites!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...