Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 07:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Holy crap!! That's a lot of stuff
+1

LOL UhOh-- you sure pack alot of stuff,,, might I ask why in the world would you pack a bean bag for a trip to Ohio?????

You DO realize that on your way back home that you could have stopped for some iced tea and a quick hello????

Old 07-08-2009 | 07:11 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
+1

LOL UhOh-- you sure pack alot of stuff,,, might I ask why in the world would you pack a bean bag for a trip to Ohio?????
Silly - i didn't pack the bean bag to GO to Ohio! I BOUGHT it in Ohio and had to get it home. THere's a Pottery Barn outlet store near my parents' house, it was there, I'd been considering ordering one for almost a year, and it was mispriced (not MY problem!! ) so it was too good to pass up... Normally, I make judicious use of the U.S. Postal system for odd things, but this time it was too big and NOT cost effective to do that. SO in the car it went....

You DO realize that on your way back home that you could have stopped for some iced tea and a quick hello????
UH, I TRIED to plan that out (Ask GEM!) , but ya'll were a tad too far off the track! We had to spend Sunday with hubband's family (group photo for the Christmas card?) and we only had Monday to get home and get ready for work the next day. If I COULD have done so, I definitely would have stopped by. *snif snif.*

Last edited by x uh oh x; 07-08-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-08-2009 | 08:39 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
UhOh,, now that IS hysterical!! Didn't actually think that through now did I???

Now you KNOW you are among friends,, you can admit to us that you never ever travel without your favorite beany bag.... bet it went with you to Irag too,,, and Germany,,,and your honeymoon,,,,,,

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:54 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
UhOh,, now that IS hysterical!! Didn't actually think that through now did I???

Now you KNOW you are among friends,, you can admit to us that you never ever travel without your favorite beany bag.... bet it went with you to Irag too,,, and Germany,,,and your honeymoon,,,,,,
While, YES, I AM nuts, I'm not THAT nuts! That sucker is HUGE!

Old 07-09-2009 | 07:23 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Wow, Uhoh,,,, nice Uvula......!!!!

Old 07-11-2009 | 10:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! How's it goin? Everybody out enjoying the weather, or did my breath really stink that much?

Old 07-11-2009 | 10:50 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
UhOh it's been quiet here for a few days, guess the Sun has gone to people's heads!!

Enjoy your Weekend!!

Old 07-11-2009 | 02:43 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hellopeeps!

Gem & Cab- You have posted NO pics of your meeting... so I don't believe that you met up. Isn't it RG that says "Pics or it didn't happen!"? Well... cough 'em up ladies!

Was going to go see the shuttle take off today but they cancelled. We'll try tomorrow and see what happens. The husband tells me that we can go to the FPL (Florida Power & Light) plant over there for viewing (since he works for them he has access). We'll probably either do that or there is a guy that lives over there that he works with that has a boat. We'll see.

Holy crap it's been totally dead here!

Hey Hal- saw that you joined the Tar Heels too! I'm thinking that means you'll go to MSSD? And oh yeah, guys... I guess MSSD doesn't have too much planned. There's no real itinerary. I asked TWISTER and he said he's leading a drive on Saturday. I think that's the same day as the Blimey Tour. Anyway, should still be fun!

Old 07-11-2009 | 07:13 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
....Hey Hal- saw that you joined the Tar Heels too! I'm thinking that means you'll go to MSSD? And oh yeah, guys... I guess MSSD doesn't have too much planned. There's no real itinerary. I asked TWISTER and he said he's leading a drive on Saturday. I think that's the same day as the Blimey Tour. Anyway, should still be fun!
Not sure if Deb and I will make MSSD. Vacation time is a bit tight and we want to be able to go to MOTD 2010. We've already made reservations for a cabin there at Fontana.

I hope that it works out for you at the shuttle launch tomorrow.

Old 07-12-2009 | 06:26 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
It's raining its boot off outside!!! Our power has gone off a couple times.

Old 07-12-2009 | 06:30 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi Ola,,, can you actually believe that we didn't take any shots of us together??? I don't have them that often now but I was fighting a headache and was really off my game that night. Gemmy, what is your excuse???? LOL Bob took several shots of the cars and poor Nugget isn't in any of the shots ... thats becasue Gem took me for a spin and he was shooting while we were away..... oh well,,, maybe next time!!
The weather has been 100% glorious, stupendous and exhilerating!!
I can't remember a more perfect summer season. It is hard to come inside - what is the excuse for you other Freebs out there???

And Uhoh,,,, I can give you the website for a really good Cyber toothbrush.....

Originally Posted by miniola
Hellopeeps!

Gem & Cab- You have posted NO pics of your meeting... so I don't believe that you met up. Isn't it RG that says "Pics or it didn't happen!"? Well... cough 'em up ladies!

Was going to go see the shuttle take off today but they cancelled. We'll try tomorrow and see what happens. The husband tells me that we can go to the FPL (Florida Power & Light) plant over there for viewing (since he works for them he has access). We'll probably either do that or there is a guy that lives over there that he works with that has a boat. We'll see.

Holy crap it's been totally dead here!

Hey Hal- saw that you joined the Tar Heels too! I'm thinking that means you'll go to MSSD? And oh yeah, guys... I guess MSSD doesn't have too much planned. There's no real itinerary. I asked TWISTER and he said he's leading a drive on Saturday. I think that's the same day as the Blimey Tour. Anyway, should still be fun!

Old 07-12-2009 | 11:24 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I'm supposed to be working on the house....but my laziness is getting to me!

Old 07-12-2009 | 07:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, OMG have we got the best weather ever???? Sunny and breezy and just beautiful. Topless all weekend too!

Sorry Ola, we ran out of the house that night of meeting Cab and all the others we never took our camera! But it did happen it really really did...
X - I love a great sale too, but I think what Cab said about taking you beanine bag with you where every you go is just too funny to pass on... Good one Cab!!!
Hi RJ, Hal and MINIxB, Hey MINIxb how's the breakes coming along?
well off to the bed I go early I know but hey I'm getting old!

Old 07-12-2009 | 09:41 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Brakes still haven't got done yet. Don't have the money for it right now. :( Looks like she's going to sit in the garage for a while.

Old 07-13-2009 | 07:39 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Aww, Minixb,,, it will make you enjoy your mini ever more after she is fixed... hang in there!!

Old 07-13-2009 | 07:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
So sorry to hear that MINIxB... hang in there, at least while she is in the garage you can shine her up and she will sparkle for more then one day running!

Old 07-14-2009 | 08:27 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Greetings Freebs! How's life? It was such a beautiful morning, I wish I could have played hookey...only my MINI is in the shop, so it wouldn't have been QUITE as much fun without him. I'm VERRRY excited - we get new stripes this weekend!!!

Work is...nuts. I'm HMFIC this week, so I have double the meetings, double the deadlines, and of course, double the work. Wait, make that triple - one of my "coworkers" is leaving for a month long trip, but hasn't done his job up to now, so I have to clean up his mess too. But who is upset??? I have a bagful of YUUUUMMMY cherries sitting at home that I seem to be completely addicted to - I haven't been able to walk by it without snagging at least five or six, and then coming back for more.

Later, kids! Have a great day!

Old 07-14-2009 | 08:42 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Greetings Freebs! How's life? It was such a beautiful morning, I wish I could have played hookey...only my MINI is in the shop, so it wouldn't have been QUITE as much fun without him. I'm VERRRY excited - we get new stripes this weekend!!!

Work is...nuts. I'm HMFIC this week, so I have double the meetings, double the deadlines, and of course, double the work. Wait, make that triple - one of my "coworkers" is leaving for a month long trip, but hasn't done his job up to now, so I have to clean up his mess too. But who is upset??? I have a bagful of YUUUUMMMY cherries sitting at home that I seem to be completely addicted to - I haven't been able to walk by it without snagging at least five or six, and then coming back for more.

Later, kids! Have a great day!

HMFIC = Having Manic Fantasies Involving Coworkers?

Old 07-14-2009 | 10:38 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama

Ummmm,......yeaaaaahhhhh.....yeah, that's it. NOT!

Old 07-14-2009 | 02:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I believe it means:( and I cleaned it up a bit to keep things rated PG )

HMFIC =Head Mother Fracker In Charge.

I know how you feel Sarah. I've been "volunteered" for head honcho several times in the past. Don't particularly care for it. Our working foreman is going to be retiring soon and theres been hints dropped my way they, the powers in charge, want me to apply for the job. NO WAY!! It only pays a dollar more an hour. Just not worth the hassle.

Old 07-14-2009 | 04:57 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hi all, I have some bad news for all our chocolate lovers out there, are you listening Hal???

Hershey is stopping all internet sales and catalog sales at the end of this month,
the good news is everything is 25% off until then I just ordered a 6 pound canister of chocolate!!! someone find my chocolate eating smiley!!!!

Old 07-14-2009 | 06:49 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
hi all, I have some bad news for all our chocolate lovers out there, are you listening Hal???

Hershey is stopping all internet sales and catalog sales at the end of this month,
the good news is everything is 25% off until then I just ordered a 6 pound canister of chocolate!!! someone find my chocolate eating smiley!!!!
AS REQUESTED!!!

Hal - Yep, you're right! That's what it stands for...I shouldn't complain - this way I get to do things MY way and I get more visibility with the big bosses (like I NEED this - but I really DO overwhelm the poor things with my AWESOMENESS....)

Old 07-15-2009 | 09:45 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Bump! Hellooooo Freeebieeeessss.....??

Look what I found :

Old 07-15-2009 | 12:30 PM
miniola
6th Gear

LOVELY! I wonder what IT is?

Gem & Cab- I find it hard to believe that neither of you took any pics of such a momentous occasion. Hmmmm... I am still highly suspicious.

Hal- We went to see the shuttle on Sunday. We were going to go to the FPL plant but about 1.5 hours before, we got a call from the guy that the husband works with and he asked if we wanted to go out on the boat. SURE! Beautiful storm building up just to the West of the shuttle. Got on the boat... went up the Banana River as close as we could get... anchored... waited for about 15 minutes... and at 7:07pm the announcement came over the radio that the shuttle launch was scrubbed. BTW- we took your special route. 192 had lots of lights and I think we stopped at every single one. 532 was a great road! Smooth and EASY to drive fast (make up for time stopping in Kiss./St. Cloud ). There was an abandoned Mobile Home on the side of the road. Looks like it had been on fire at some point... someone forgot to turn the stove off I guess. But we didn't see a 522. We took 520 to 528/A1A to Paradise Ct. The guy that has the boat lives on Merritt Island.

So we didn't see the shuttle... but I did get some pretty cool pictures of my car under a jacked up truck. (Gotta love the country! ) Could have gone all the way under it had it not been for the axle. If I didn't have a windshield I think I could have put the axle right between the roll bars! I think a Classic would have made it under with no problem!

Gem-And I must say that HERSHEY'S is my favorite chocolate. The classic Hershey bar with or without almonds. Mmmmmmm.

MINIxB- What's wrong with the brakes???

RJ- How's your dad doing?

So I guess none of you Freebs are going to go to MSSD in October. *sigh* Oh well... sorry you'll have to miss out!

Old 07-15-2009 | 12:31 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Sounds more likely.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...