Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009 | 09:42 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

LOVELY! I wonder what IT is?

RJ- How's your dad doing?
Ola thanks for asking. He's my Step-Dad, but who cares. He is back in CO, which I'm kind of surprised about, but that's where he wants to be until their Winter hits, then he'll be back down in AZ.

He will be having another stent put in in September sometime, so I'm toying with the idea of another trip. It will also be my Mom's 66th Birthday on the 27th, so there's a bit of a push to get down there and help her celebrate her birthday. We'll see, Molly will definitely have to have new tires before I go, so I'm saving up for those!! Yes, I'm planning to drive down again!!

Speaking of Dad's...My Dad just finished a West Coast Adventure from AZ all the way to Anchorage, AK and back. It took him about a month. On his way back he was going to stop in WA to visit Hubby & I, but due to suspension problems he had to divert to another route. He decided on Anchorage because my Brother was pulling his 2 Week a Year Naval Reserve Training at Elmendorf, which is where my Son-in-Law is stationed. He was able to spend time with my Brother, my Daughter and her Husband. He sent back some great picks, too.

Last edited by RJKimbell; 07-15-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2009 | 09:27 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey RJ- I remember that you said he was your "step"-dad... just based on your concern from before... I figured I would lovingly refer to him as your "dad". Speaking of "Dad" (the non-step one)... sounds like he was on quite a trip? Is he rollin' in a MINI too?

And there's ALWAYS a good reason to go on a road trip in the MINI.

Old 07-16-2009 | 12:53 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Speaking of "Dad" (the non-step one)... sounds like he was on quite a trip? Is he rollin' in a MINI too? And there's ALWAYS a good reason to go on a road trip in the MINI.
Sadly no, he's in his F350 with a Camper. He did get a ride in Molly when I was down in PHX in March!! I took my Brother for a ride too. I hit the Sports Button...he got the picture!! My Mom in her Big Old Tahoe couldn't keep up with 'The Molly Car'!! Her passenger's were like !!

Old 07-16-2009 | 01:16 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear

Last edited by x uh oh x; 07-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2009 | 03:54 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Let me guess.....He's doing the Hokey Pokey????
  • You put your left leg in
  • You put your left leg out
  • And you shake it all about.
  • You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around
  • That's what it's all about...

Old 07-16-2009 | 04:08 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Let me guess.....He's doing the Hokey Pokey????
  • You put your left leg out
  • And you shake it all about.
  • You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around
  • That's what it's all about...

Old 07-16-2009 | 04:10 PM
miniola
6th Gear

You put your right leg in
You put your right leg out
You put your right leg in and you shake it all about
You do the Hokey-Pokey and you turn yourself around
That's what it's all A-BOUT!!

***Sorry... this was supposed to be posted as a continuation to Hal's post (kind of like the beer on the wall game). UHOH beat me to the post.

Last edited by miniola; 07-16-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2009 | 04:18 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So I just got back from my "road trip" to the Tampa Airport. I saw about 13 MINIs along the way and not one single wave. My guess is that they were all boring "save the world" commuters that forget they are driving a MINI. I need another ROAD TRIP where people LOVE and APPRECIATE their MINIs!! I need some people with SOUL! (and NOT the KIA SOUL aka the dancing hamster car)

And also today... I found my FIRST GRAY HAIR!!! And then I found TWO MORE! I must say I think I've had quite a run... I'll be 38 in September. My little brother has lots of gray. I told my mom that I will embrace my GRAY when I get it. She will still be coloring her hair blonde and I'll be totally gray! She will FEEL OLD!!

Old 07-16-2009 | 04:30 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So did everyone leave or what?

I see the green lights on... no one's home?

Alright. Well I guess I'll go then. I have to go workout in the pool.

Was it something I said? I don't have yucky cyberbreath... I just checked.

Last edited by miniola; 07-16-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2009 | 05:45 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
So did everyone leave or what?

I see the green lights on... no one's home?

Alright. Well I guess I'll go then. I have to go workout in the pool.

Was it something I said? I don't have yucky cyberbreath... I just checked.
Heeellllooooo OLa!!!! ( and of course everyone else too!!)
But I specifically wanted to say hi to Ola and tell her that I am in Florida!! Long story but everything just fell into place for me to attend that course I have been wanting to,,,well,,, attend.
Talk about spontaneous!! I finally decided and booked everything Tuesday and then it was a whirlwind moving clients and seeing extra clients so I wouldn't leave anyone hanging,,,, soooooo I flew down this afternoon and am on their hotel comp.
Anyways,, IF you have some free time and the inclination I would be free to do a dinner.

The class starts tomorrow and I finish each night around 5:30--- last time we were usually in class til 6:00 though!
I know it isn't much of astay and I know I am really limited but just couldn't be in your state and not tell you!!

If all goes as planned I will be here again in November... whew....long course, let me tell yah!!

I am at the Jupiter Beach Resort,,,, just in case.....

Old 07-17-2009 | 01:11 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Well... HOLY CRAP CAB!!! Nothing like a little notice, 'eh???

Alright. What day are you leaving? I am about 3.5 hours away. I'm thinking that I've actually stayed at that place before so it's probably easy to find. Does PGA Blvd sound familiar? There's a HomeGoods nearby too. There was a nice restaurant I went to on an island. Blanking on the name but I'm thinking "Singer"? I'll ask the husband when I talk to him. He's in Maine right now.

Are you taking the course AT the hotel? How will I find you? You don't have your Sloopy!!

When you are back in November... will it be at the same place or will you come over to Sarasota?

Wish I would have known earlier. I have to have a service on the MINI and I could have scheduled it over there and then met up with you.

Old 07-17-2009 | 01:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok... you may not know "PGA Blvd" because it's a little further south... closer to Juno. But it's not too far. There is a Singer Island... so I'm somewhat sane. And I see I have HomeGoods marked on my Google Earth. Do you guys have those where you live?

I have to find out what the restaurant name is.

*** http://www.sailfishmarina.com/restaurant.html

It's the Sailfish Marina and Resort Restaurant. Not too fancy... just nice. (Not too overpriced either.)

Last edited by miniola; 07-17-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2009 | 01:53 PM
miniola
6th Gear
CAB- you can just pm me.

Actually I just pm'd you.

Old 07-17-2009 | 03:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Sooooorrrreeee Ola! I really didn't decide til Tuesday and well here I am! I got your PM and will email you in a bit.

I won't get out of class til 6 or 6:30 tomorrow but Sunday should be free by 5:30 or so? I am staying AT the jupiter beach hotel abd nope, no Sloopy
I am trying to type off my phone so there are prob tons of typos.... Stay tuned!!:(
Well... HOLY CRAP CAB!!! Nothing like a little notice, 'eh???

Alright. What day are you leaving? I am about 3.5 hours away. I'm thinking that I've actually stayed at that place before so it's probably easy to find. Does PGA Blvd sound familiar? There's a HomeGoods nearby too. There was a nice restaurant I went to on an island. Blanking on the name but I'm thinking "Singer"? I'll ask the husband when I talk to him. He's in Maine right now.

Are you taking the course AT the hotel? How will I find you? You don't have your Sloopy!!

When you are back in November... will it be at the same place or will you come over to Sarasota?

Wish I would have known earlier. I have to have a service on the MINI and I could have scheduled it over there and then met up with you.

Old 07-17-2009 | 05:24 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Sooooorrrreeee Ola! I really didn't decide til Tuesday and well here I am! I got your PM and will email you in a bit.

I won't get out of class til 6 or 6:30 tomorrow but Sunday should be free by 5:30 or so? I am staying AT the jupiter beach hotel abd nope, no Sloopy
I am trying to type off my phone so there are prob tons of typos.... Stay tuned!!:(
Let's keep the details of our meeting secret... keep everyone guessing. Plus... we never know who else might show up.

Old 07-17-2009 | 06:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
JUST DON"T FORGET TO BRING AND UUUUUSE YOUR CAMERAS, GIRLS!!!!!

Old 07-17-2009 | 09:26 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
TGIF Freebies!! Boy do I need a Weekend...I've been like UhOh covering 3 Desks this week. The M-F "word" is not spoken in our house on the Weekends, Hubby knows Fire Flies out of my @Y@s if he even mentions it!!

Anyway, kicking back and relaxing after an "Uff da" Date Nite Dinner. Every Friday Night Hubby and I go out to eat (Date Nite), tonight it was Red Robin. We even played a game for a while, we each would pick a place to go, but not tell the other one what/where it was, I really surprised him one night, it was a FUN Game to play!!

Old 07-18-2009 | 10:20 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
hi all, it's been a while, but I just caught up. Thanks X for my chocolate smiley!
RJK my hubby and i have "date night" every friday night also. something to look forward to at the end of the "M-F".
Cab, enjoy Florida! hope you and Ola meet up! Don't forget to take pix!!!!
hope everyone is well. No one is on right now but i can't sleep so just came by to say hi!
The school work has alot of homework, ugh, but staying focused on the end results!

Old 07-19-2009 | 02:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I have NEW STRIIIIIIPES!!!

Last edited by x uh oh x; 07-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2009 | 03:10 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Whoa those are really shiny.

Old 07-20-2009 | 05:44 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Whoa those are really shiny.
ReFLECTIVE! Even the flame.

Old 07-20-2009 | 11:49 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I like reflective graphics. They're very unique and give you more visibility at night.

Old 07-20-2009 | 11:59 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Holy CRAP! Those are brighter than your lights!! I guess I know who to follow on a nighttime Dragon run!

Old 07-20-2009 | 02:17 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Holy CRAP! Those are brighter than your lights!! I guess I know who to follow on a nighttime Dragon run!
Only if you can keep up with me, babe!

SOO!!! Where are our 'Ola and Cab pics, please????

Old 07-20-2009 | 03:01 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Is that a mean frog saying "OK"?!?

You're probably right... I wouldn't be able to keep up.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...