Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009 | 03:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Well... so Cab and I met! It was rainy but we still had fun... got a tiny bit lost but all turned out well. She had shrimp... I had steak. She's really funny and very very nice. Her voice was deeper than I thought it would be though. I'm pretty sure she's on her plane back home right now... so she can't reply yet. If she does... that means she's breaking the rules of the plane by operating unauthorized electronic devices.

So here are the pics. I have realized that my arms are quite short and not capable of group shots! We were laughing so hard... trying to get our mugs in the shot with "Pelican Pete" and "Cap'n Morgan". I thought I might **** my pants!

This was a quick snap when I picked her up.

One of my MANY attempts to capture all of us. This is "Pelican Pete".

Here's another of the three of us. Cab REALLY loved this one!

And here was a last ditch effort for a pic with "Cap'n Morgan". I think I see my eyebrow!

Old 07-20-2009 | 04:28 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Those are AWESOME 'Ola!! You two look a little like sisters!

Old 07-20-2009 | 08:35 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi Guys and gals!!!!! *waving madly* just got home and had to sign onto email to respond to some work issues( ugh,,,,already????) and then just HAD to come here and see what Ola put up in the way of photos.... LOL aren't those funny??

I was crouching down because little Ola is so tiny... and yes, the laughing was well,, hysterical. I took one shot with my cell phone and will share it soon. Phone is downstiars and I am on the offce computer on the third floow...and I am tired!! Not going back downstiars...

I was a little fearful that maybe Ola was kidnapping, especially when after driving for what seemed like an hour on a dark lonely road and there was no sign of Jupiter as I had come to know it.. LOL

What a gal!! Drove 3.5 hours just to meet up with me and then class ran waay late and she had to wait. But she passed the time terrorizing the door man...

I love her cabrio.... it suits her perfectly. Good to meet the trolls also! I felt like I knew all three of the gals... great great fun!!
And to think we just might meet TNmm soon too!

Hey Uhoh,,,, I like the new look..good job!!

Night night all

Old 07-21-2009 | 06:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Isn't she a sweetie??

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:02 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Sounds like fun. I want to meet people too. :( I just don't have the time or money to leave work and go places.

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:06 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
Sounds like fun. I want to meet people too. :( I just don't have the time or money to leave work and go places.
WEEEELL, my dear...you may just get lucky next year. I just got notified that hubby and I have to move to Kansas (Leavenworth) by the end of January.

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:08 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's like thirty minutes away from me!!! It's really nice over there. I love the houses on base. The last time I was there a yellow Mini Cooper lived on base. We have a great Mini club in KC too.

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:20 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
WEEEELL, my dear...you may just get lucky next year. I just got notified that hubby and I have to move to Kansas (Leavenworth) by the end of January.
Kansas??? KANSAS!?!?!?! WTF?!?!? No more Tarheels? No more Blue Ridge Parkway????

Sweetness is out the door.

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:31 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hi Guys and gals!!!!! *waving madly* just got home and had to sign onto email to respond to some work issues( ugh,,,,already????) and then just HAD to come here and see what Ola put up in the way of photos.... LOL aren't those funny??

I was crouching down because little Ola is so tiny... and yes, the laughing was well,, hysterical. I took one shot with my cell phone and will share it soon. Phone is downstiars and I am on the offce computer on the third floow...and I am tired!! Not going back downstiars...

I was a little fearful that maybe Ola was kidnapping, especially when after driving for what seemed like an hour on a dark lonely road and there was no sign of Jupiter as I had come to know it.. LOL

What a gal!! Drove 3.5 hours just to meet up with me and then class ran waay late and she had to wait. But she passed the time terrorizing the door man...

I love her cabrio.... it suits her perfectly. Good to meet the trolls also! I felt like I knew all three of the gals... great great fun!!
And to think we just might meet TNmm soon too!

Hey Uhoh,,,, I like the new look..good job!!

Night night all
Cab- glad you made it home!

And I think the door man wanted to play with my Trolls!

Kidnapping... you're a funny girl! Would have been better if you'd actually attended a class somewhere that I had been to more than ONCE. Consider yourself lucky that I'd even been there before! I still picture you holding the GPS so that it could keep us on track! The soft lighting on your face and that screaming Banshee yelling TRAPSTER! LMAO!!

My drive home was ok. Fortunately there was no monsoon to deal with. One thing I did learn is that even though the armadillo is "still"... in the road on its side... if it's still in one piece... my car sits too low to straddle it! I can still hear that THUD!! Gross!

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:32 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Those are AWESOME 'Ola!! You two look a little like sisters!
Oh, I forgot to say that she actually looks very young! And I thought she looked better in person than her picture.

Now where's my money???
(just kidding)

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:50 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Kansas??? KANSAS!?!?!?! WTF?!?!? No more Tarheels? No more Blue Ridge Parkway????

Sweetness is out the door.
Deep breaths, sweetie. This move is only for 10 months- not sure where we're going after that, though. It may very well be back to the east-ish coast....Besides! Now I can find new and exciting places to drag you to!!!

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Well I HAVE always wanted to be a storm chaser!

But... I think I would cry if my MINI was hit by hail or a flying cow.

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:58 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Well, I went on a Sunday and drove 3.5 hours each way. I didn't stay over there... so it was just the cost of fuel... and my accidentally expensive dinner.

Old 07-21-2009 | 03:20 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Oh wow. I guess that's life in the Service.

Do you think you'll still be able to make MOTD 2010? I hope so. We had a lot of fun with you and all the other Freebies.

Well at least you can go to KC and get some good BBQ.

Old 07-21-2009 | 06:58 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Well, I went on a Sunday and drove 3.5 hours each way. I didn't stay over there... so it was just the cost of fuel... and my accidentally expensive dinner.
Yeah but everyone in this thread is like 12+ hours from me. :( I'm in kansas city.

Old 07-21-2009 | 07:25 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Yeah but everyone in this thread is like 12+ hours from me. :( I'm in Kansas City.
Not really, we're only about 9 1/2 hours drive from each other.

I have relatives in Independence; are you far from there?

Old 07-21-2009 | 07:37 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Not really, we're only about 9 1/2 hours drive from each other.

I have relatives in Independence; are you far from there?
I'm about 20 minutes northwest of there... I live up by the airport

Old 07-22-2009 | 05:54 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hiya Freebs. Don't know why, but I"ve been exhausted lately. Very sleeeeeepy.

Old 07-22-2009 | 06:11 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Alpha Motoring
Wow, I'd love to have a classic one day!
I just bought my classic off of Ebay. Beautiful. And believe it or not, I bought my 2003 off of ebay too back in 2005. Both were in great condition. You just have to be careful and ensure you know what you are getting into. Read the ebay rules carefully and read the add very VERY carefully and you too can have two, cheap but awesome, MINIs!!!

Old 07-22-2009 | 09:13 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by johnmorin
I just bought my classic off of Ebay. Beautiful. And believe it or not, I bought my 2003 off of ebay too back in 2005. Both were in great condition. You just have to be careful and ensure you know what you are getting into. Read the ebay rules carefully and read the add very VERY carefully and you too can have two, cheap but awesome, MINIs!!!

That is an AWESOME classic! Did you have to do much restoration on it, or did you buy it that way? And if we can ask - how much did you pay?

Old 07-22-2009 | 09:44 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
That is an AWESOME classic! Did you have to do much restoration on it, or did you buy it that way? And if we can ask - how much did you pay?
It was already fully restored, the guy wanted to restore a VW and needed garage space. So I picked it up. It is very clean, runs great and has been upgraded. The auction ended higher than expected but its worth it. 13.

Old 07-22-2009 | 09:51 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
It was already fully restored, the guy wanted to restore a VW and needed garage space. So I picked it up. It is very clean, runs great and has been upgraded. The auction ended higher than expected but its worth it. 13.

*sigh* .... I wish I could do that. Although my goal is for a classic truck like gasmini's. Are you still in Stuttgart? My husband and I left GE for the US in the end of 2007.

Old 07-22-2009 | 09:57 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
*sigh* .... I wish I could do that. Although my goal is for a classic truck like gasmini's. Are you still in Stuttgart? My husband and I left GE for the US in the end of 2007.
There are some good cheap and nice ones on ebay as we speak. Really nice!!! You should take a look.

No currently in Iraq. Were you military?

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:04 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
There are some good cheap and nice ones on ebay as we speak. Really nice!!! You should take a look.

No currently in Iraq. Were you military?
AH, been there, done that! Twice. AM military. Currently working for TRADOC more or less.

Unfortunately, we're up for a PCS in the next 6 months, so we have to watch the pennies... That, and hubby gets a little upset with me when I spend moolah on the car hobby repeatedly...especially when it ends up in ANOTHER car to add to the fleet.

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:21 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
AH, been there, done that! Twice. AM military. Currently working for TRADOC more or less.

Unfortunately, we're up for a PCS in the next 6 months, so we have to watch the pennies... That, and hubby gets a little upset with me when I spend moolah on the car hobby repeatedly...especially when it ends up in ANOTHER car to add to the fleet.

Yeah this is number 4 for me. First as a civilian though. Where did you work in Germany? Patch? Kelly? Panzer?

I completely understand that.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...