Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:32 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by johnmorin
Yeah this is number 4 for me. First as a civilian though. Where did you work in Germany? Patch? Kelly? Panzer?

I completely understand that.
I worked in Baumholder, hubby worked on Panzer then Kleber, then someplace else around there. We actually had two separate houses back then.... ANd I spent most of my 4.5yrs assigned to GE actually in Iraq or Kuwait/Iraq.

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:40 AM
miniola
6th Gear
WELCOME johnmorin!

Totally drooly over your new CLASSIC!

UHOH- Looks like you've got a new friend!! (I know how much you love her.)

MINIxB- Sounds like you need a MINI buddy... so I guess we can let UHOH go be with you for a bit.

How come Hal doesn't talk to me anymore?

Old 07-22-2009 | 10:58 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey UHOH- what was that site where you found those crazy alien gnome carriers? I thought I saved it on my favorites but I can't find it.

Old 07-22-2009 | 11:16 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey UHOH- what was that site where you found those crazy alien gnome carriers? I thought I saved it on my favorites but I can't find it.
www.signals.com but I didn't see them when I just went to that site. I'll have to look up the item # when I get home...I still have the catalogue.

Old 07-22-2009 | 11:20 AM
miniola
6th Gear
There were some other things on the site that I liked... other than the gnomes too. The website name doesn't sound familiar.

I just found it in my email! It's www.whatonearthcatalog.com . There are some nice t-shirts on that one!

Last edited by miniola; 07-22-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-22-2009 | 06:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
WELCOME johnmorin!

Totally drooly over your new CLASSIC!

UHOH- Looks like you've got a new friend!! (I know how much you love her.)

MINIxB- Sounds like you need a MINI buddy... so I guess we can let UHOH go be with you for a bit.

How come Hal doesn't talk to me anymore?
Sorry, just been very busy lately. Been entertaining my bro-in-law and his son that are visiting from Florida.

Last Friday I took off from work to smoke some ribs for a surprise birthday party for my father-in-law and his brother. Just a few ribs; 15 racks. Took me from 0830 until 1700 to cook them all. Saturday I cut them all into one bone portions. All that was left over at the end of the party was a little less than a rack and a half. I guess I did some thing right. Everybody was very pleased with them.

Also been working on the deck out behind the house. I'm not much of a carpenter, more like a wood butcher. But I've been lucky so far, very few mistakes.

Ola - Did you get to see the shuttle launch this time? If not just keep trying.

Last edited by HalAC; 07-22-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hiya Freebs. Don't know why, but I"ve been exhausted lately. Very sleeeeeepy.

Hi hon!! Maybe you are a little down about your move?? Sorry to hear you have to go away.... wonder how close you will be to Colorado Springs?? I need to pay you a visit before you move. right now you are about 5 hours away, I belive!!

Old 07-22-2009 | 07:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Does anyone know who these girls are????

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-dah-trolls-.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:22 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
OMG!! johnm!! It is absolutely beautifully, handsomely awesome!! I am soooo envious....

I just bought my classic off of Ebay. Beautiful. And believe it or not, I bought my 2003 off of ebay too back in 2005. Both were in great condition. You just have to be careful and ensure you know what you are getting into. Read the ebay rules carefully and read the add very VERY carefully and you too can have two, cheap but awesome, MINIs!!!

Old 07-22-2009 | 07:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Have you guys noticed a significant lack of a certain Chubby Checkers comments ??? Wonder if we can raise that ghost????

Old 07-23-2009 | 02:44 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
I think I saw them in Girls Gone Wild Episode #34,567,872,876,954 or 5, I forget!! It was awesome!

in a....disturbing way of course haha

Old 07-23-2009 | 02:49 AM
johnmorin
1st Gear
OMG!! johnm!! It is absolutely beautifully, handsomely awesome!! I am soooo envious....
Gracias Sloopy! I an't wait to get back to Germany and take my new baby for spin.

Old 07-23-2009 | 06:53 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Sorry, just been very busy lately. Been entertaining my bro-in-law and his son that are visiting from Florida.

Last Friday I took off from work to smoke some ribs for a surprise birthday party for my father-in-law and his brother. Just a few ribs; 15 racks. Took me from 0830 until 1700 to cook them all. Saturday I cut them all into one bone portions. All that was left over at the end of the party was a little less than a rack and a half. I guess I did some thing right. Everybody was very pleased with them.

Also been working on the deck out behind the house. I'm not much of a carpenter, more like a wood butcher. But I've been lucky so far, very few mistakes.
Hal, those sound DELISH!! I love ribs, I just hate the mess. Wood butcher - now THAT's funny! (I empathize!)

Old 07-23-2009 | 09:17 AM
miniola
6th Gear
That's funny! My two silly girls! Like their mom... except for the "Girls Gone Wild" part of course.

I have wondered how Chubby Checker is doing too. I don't know if he lurks or if he has too much crap to deal with. Maybe we should get out Skillet's candle?

HAL! If I tell the husband you make good ribs... he'll probably want to stop by your house in October. And no, I never got to see the shuttle. I had reported back to you on here about the last attempt... maybe you didn't see it. Your long straight road shortcut was a good road. It was funny though... on the way home in the dark... there were HUGE bugs hitting the windshield. Man, we were covered!

Hey UHOH- Do they have places to BBQ at Fontana? And Hal- how long did it take for you to get to Fontana when you stayed in Robbinsville?

Old 07-23-2009 | 12:16 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey UHOH- Do they have places to BBQ at Fontana? And Hal- how long did it take for you to get to Fontana when you stayed in Robbinsville?
You mean to DO BBQ? Sure - get a cabin (or know somebody whose getting one) and set up a grill there. Most of the cabins already have fire pits out front. At MOTD this past year, a few folks brought smokers.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:35 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
That's funny! My two silly girls! Like their mom... except for the "Girls Gone Wild" part of course.

I have wondered how Chubby Checker is doing too. I don't know if he lurks or if he has too much crap to deal with. Maybe we should get out Skillet's candle?

HAL! If I tell the husband you make good ribs... he'll probably want to stop by your house in October. And no, I never got to see the shuttle. I had reported back to you on here about the last attempt... maybe you didn't see it. Your long straight road shortcut was a good road. It was funny though... on the way home in the dark... there were HUGE bugs hitting the windshield. Man, we were covered!

Yeah, I saw your post earlier about you going to see the launch, but it was canceled. I thought you might have tried again later in the week.

When in October? If you give me a couple of weeks notice I can do some 'Que for you all.

One thing I could do for MOTD 2010 is pre-cook BBQ and freeze it. Once we get to Fontana, if the cabin has a microwave, I can re-heat it. Do the cabins have microwaves?

The drive from Robbinsville to Fontana usually takes about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on traffic and weather.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:43 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hal, those sound DELISH!! I love ribs, I just hate the mess. Wood butcher - now THAT's funny! (I empathize!)
Depends on if you have wet or dry ribs. I usually do dry rubbed ribs, but it seems most of my relatives like me to "sauce" them.

It's odd that in competition, fall-off-the-bone ribs will get you a low score. Judges want ribs that are still firm with a bit of snap when you bite into the meat. Most everybody I know likes very tender, fall-off-the-bone. I like ribs that way also.

But they ain't good unless you wear some on your face!

Old 07-23-2009 | 05:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hal- You can just bring them with you to MSSD... . Oct 23rd and 24th is when we'll be there. Sure would love to see you.

UHOH- Yeah, I wondered if they had a designated area with grills set up for people to use. Some place where we can cook burgers/hot dogs... lobster. Ok... MAYBE not lobster but... .

Old 07-23-2009 | 06:45 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Doubt we're going to make MSSD. Deb and I will be down in the Bay area over the Thanksgiving weekend. Just can't afford to go to so many events in such a short period of time.

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:13 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
uh... hey! disregard this post.. The next one is better!
Long time lurker, first time poster.. I've read this thread from day one, back in my Mini dreaming days. I lost it around page 178, and have since picked back up...
Sucks that Apple is a nutjob, i'd say "alleged" nutjob, but I think it's pretty clear given the preponderance of evidence.
Then again, from what I've read... You all seem a bit nutty!!!! LOL!!! I think i'll fit right in!

Last edited by GI Joe; 07-23-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: qouted wrong username!!
Old 07-23-2009 | 07:15 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hey Freebies!! Not much happenin' up here in the PNW...I'm so far away from the Launches, BBQ, and MINI/Mini Events. I'm there in spirit!!
Hal...I'm sensing a Competitive BBQ'er?? Do Tell!!

I'm lucky I've got a Husband who is a much better cook than I am. He loves to get creative and I'm the taste tester...he amazes me a lot of the time, but he likes things HOT!! Me not so much!!

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:18 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
I just bought my classic off of Ebay. Beautiful. And believe it or not, I bought my 2003 off of ebay too back in 2005. Both were in great condition. You just have to be careful and ensure you know what you are getting into. Read the ebay rules carefully and read the add very VERY carefully and you too can have two, cheap but awesome, MINIs!!!

Sweet rides!! Can you do me a huge favor and get me the measurement of the ride height on the classic? I need to set mine up, and yours looks to be Just right. I too am running a Sportpack...
I appreciate it!
Oh, and good job on your ebay shopping. I've never attempted to buy something so "big ticket" on there.. Unless I could view it first, but then that's not the same...

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:40 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Hal...I'm sensing a Competitive BBQ'er?? Do Tell!!
Not yet, but I keep thinking about going for the amateur division at the Jack Daniel's Championship Barbecue. Lynchburg is just down the road from where I live.

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:53 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe
Long time lurker, first time poster.. I've read this thread from day one, back in my Mini dreaming days. I lost it around page 178, and have since picked back up...
Sucks that Apple is a nutjob, i'd say "alleged" nutjob, but I think it's pretty clear given the preponderance of evidence.
Then again, from what I've read... You all seem a bit nutty!!!! LOL!!! I think i'll fit right in!
I'd say "confirmed" nut job.

You don't happen to own a RHD Classic that's orange do you? Drive a PT Cruiser? Pretend to have LOTS of money and pretty feet? OOOH... I find that I am a wee bit suspicious of newcomers... but... WELCOME! I can't believe that you've been a lurker for all this time and have been able to keep quiet! That's REALLY crazy!

I think there's a good chance you'll fit here too. Can we see some pics of your Classic please?

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:58 PM
miniola
6th Gear
RJ- You might be far away... but you are in our little MINI/Mini hearts.

HAL- I still think you're kidding about NOT going to MSSD... but if you can't then you can't. And yeah, you should do a rib challenge!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...