Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009 | 06:04 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe
Sweet rides!! Can you do me a huge favor and get me the measurement of the ride height on the classic? I need to set mine up, and yours looks to be Just right. I too am running a Sportpack...
I appreciate it!
Oh, and good job on your ebay shopping. I've never attempted to buy something so "big ticket" on there.. Unless I could view it first, but then that's not the same...
I"m right there with you...Although I DO shop online, I like to SEE and inspect what I'm considering shelling out the moolah for, ya know? Warm Fuzzies and all that?

Oh ya, and welcome GI Joe! By your monniker, are you also military, or just a fanboy of the cartoons?

Old 07-24-2009 | 02:01 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
UH_OH- How'd you see a pic of my monniker?? And why are you basing me off of that? Don't judge me on my monniker... Shame on you!! LOL!(as if 4 smileys wasn't enough)
Never heard it referred as a Moniker, it's just an avatar to me. But then again, i'm pretty cyber-ignorant so what do I know!!
So to award your super observatory skills, I AM a USAF veteran, But also a fan of the show. What great morals they had! Back when there was a point to a show based on conflict, more than to simply display gruesome conflict on TV, in a cartoon, for kids,.... uh... yeah... Meanwhile, back at the ranch,
MINIOLA- Confirmed it is!! (I just got added to her Poo list)...
Suspicion is good, and NO you Don't wanna see my feet(nor did I want to see "hers" but alas, Add me to the "burned into memory" crowd. Yes, I do own a classic, nut NO it's not orange(really, orange, here in TN??), and NO it's not RHD. See above Ref to Mil training to understand why I can read 178 pgs and maintain self control(add LEO training/service to that, and it all makes sense!)

Thanks for the welcome, albeit a suspicious one!!!!

Old 07-24-2009 | 02:10 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Sweet rides!! Can you do me a huge favor and get me the measurement of the ride height on the classic? I need to set mine up, and yours looks to be Just right. I too am running a Sportpack...
I appreciate it!
If I remember right most Mini's sit about 6 inches off the ground.

Old 07-24-2009 | 02:49 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Suspicion is good, and NO you Don't wanna see my feet(nor did I want to see "hers" but alas, Add me to the "burned into memory" crowd. Yes, I do own a classic, nut NO it's not orange(really, orange, here in TN??), and NO it's not RHD. See above Ref to Mil training to understand why I can read 178 pgs and maintain self control(add LEO training/service to that, and it all makes sense!)

It's only a TINY bit suspicious. Ahhh... I KNOW she'll come here someday and she'll probably pretend she's a dude. Thing is... there are certain ways that she writes, can't spell for sht and well... I'm just waiting.

So you got to see her nasty feet too!

Still want to see pics of your Classic... PLEASE?!?!?

Sorry you didn't join us earlier. We're all a pretty nice group of people... really.

Old 07-24-2009 | 03:36 PM
miniola
6th Gear
OK... I just checked out maps/mileage from my house to Fontana. I'm about 12 hours away and about 700 miles. HAL- How far away from you? Lynchburg looks much closer to Fontana than Sarasota, FLORIDA does.

Last edited by miniola; 07-25-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2009 | 04:32 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
UH_OH- How'd you see a pic of my monniker?? And why are you basing me off of that? Don't judge me on my monniker... Shame on you!! LOL!(as if 4 smileys wasn't enough)
Never heard it referred as a Moniker, it's just an avatar to me. But then again, i'm pretty cyber-ignorant so what do I know!!
So to award your super observatory skills, I AM a USAF veteran, But also a fan of the show. What great morals they had! Back when there was a point to a show based on conflict, more than to simply display gruesome conflict on TV, in a cartoon, for kids,.... uh... yeah... Meanwhile, back at the ranch,

Silly JOE! What can I say, i'm just sharp like that! Who said anything about a pic of your monniker!! (That just sounds naughty! ) And thanks for your service (it DEFINITELY explains why you could make it through all 178 pages and maintain lurker control! GO AF!) ...but,...um...GI Joe is more Army than AF, ya?

AW MAN!!!! 'Ola got post #5555!!!! Where's her prize???

Old 07-24-2009 | 07:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OK... I just checked out maps/mileage from my house to Fontana. I'm about 12 hours away and about 700 miles. HAL- How fay away from you? Lynchburg looks much closer to Fontana than Sarasota, FLORIDA does.
We're about 3.5 to 4 hours away. It's not a matter of distance, rather the economics. Our budget can't handle getting lodging at Fontana AND staying in Clearwater over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'd really like to do both, but just don't have the funds to do both.

Old 07-24-2009 | 08:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Silly JOE! What can I say, i'm just sharp like that! Who said anything about a pic of your monniker!! (That just sounds naughty! ) And thanks for your service (it DEFINITELY explains why you could make it through all 178 pages and maintain lurker control! GO AF!) ...but,...um...GI Joe is more Army than AF, ya?

AW MAN!!!! 'Ola got post #5555!!!! Where's her prize???
WOW! A PRIZE?!?! Too bad my special post was about trying to use peer pressure to get Hal to go to Fontana!

'kay Hal- I won't say anything about it again.

Old 07-25-2009 | 04:59 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Uhoh,,,, I am still laughing at your reply about a pic of his monniker,,,,,, loved the avatar,,,perfect, dahling,,,just perfect!!!
Heeeellllllo GI Joe!!! May I ask,,,,? What made you leave the comfort of of your lurking corner?? after all of this time??? Glad to see you step out of the shadows and join us!!!

Old 07-25-2009 | 05:00 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
WOW! A PRIZE?!?! Too bad my special post was about trying to use peer pressure to get Hal to go to Fontana!

'kay Hal- I won't say anything about it again.

Don't worry Ola,, you will make lots of new friends on that Rally. All MINI folks are good folks,,,

Old 07-25-2009 | 09:05 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Don't worry Ola,, you will make lots of new friends on that Rally. All MINI folks are good folks,,,
HA! She's just angling to see how many Freebies she can meet!

Old 07-25-2009 | 09:43 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
RJ- You might be far away... but you are in our little MINI/Mini hearts.
Ola that was very sweet, I'm very touched!!

Welcome Gi-Joe!! Glad you've decided to join the 'Ranks'...again!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 07-25-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-25-2009 | 09:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
HA! She's just angling to see how many Freebies she can meet!
YOU are RIGHT! I'm trying to knock out my Freebs.

Speaking of Freebs... where the hell's Gem? She must be detailing for another show or something.

Old 07-25-2009 | 01:19 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
YOU are RIGHT! I'm trying to knock out my Freebs.

Speaking of Freebs... where the hell's Gem? She must be detailing for another show or something.

Your mission,, Ola, should you choose to accept it, is to go to your rally( or whatever it's called, sorry) and enlist interesting and new Freebs for our little hangout here...
and who kows?? Maybe, just maybe, a stray Freebie will show up,,when you least expect it!!!

As for Gem? She better stop studying so much and get on here and regale us with stories about her psycho co-worker,,,, only this one is a 4 pawed employee..

Old 07-25-2009 | 09:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey all, THANKS FOR MISSING ME.... ugh, school at my age is TOUGH! But please to say I'm adveraging about a 95% in both classes. Really glad I didn't take 3 classes this semister.

Haven't had time to catch up until about an hour ago and read 4 pages...

ok let's see if I remember everything I wanted to say to everyone.... here goes.
X- love your new stripes! they look AWESOME!!!!
Hi Hal - even i don't eat beef or pork, your ribs sound like you need to compete, DO IT! you will never know if you don't!
MinixB-hopefully your baby is back on hte road....
Welcome GI Joe, thanks for your services!
Cab and Ola, GREAT SHOTS AND LOOKS LIKE YOU BOTH HAD LOADS OF FUN!!!! Glad you two finally got to meet, and Ola I agree, isn't Cab the sweetest???!!

Ok Well I've been busy and still searching for a job..... I'm still at the place now 3 months and have just come to the conclusion the owners are just crazy people and so is their attack dog they bring into the office every day, even if they take the day off they drop off the dog for "us" to watch. Because the dog will destroy their house when left alone. Yes I have been attacked 2 times in the beginning and I think i posted here, I bought dog bones to "make friends" with CuJo and well let's say that didn't work, this dog has gone crazy, last week it almost took off my hand and while i was cleaning blood off a customers leg and putting a 3" x 3" bandage on his leg the owner came into my office to "make sure I didn't tell him this happens often".... this is the 3rd time in 3 months this dog has drawn blood on visitor and employees and the owners "don't understand" why their dog does this! AHHHH TRAINING LADY TRAINING!
they just told me the other day I will have to wait 6 months for my 90 day reveiw although I have "proven my capibilities" they are just not ready to "make my salary right". Their exact words!!!! I just laughed....

Anyway, other then that- let's talk happy, bling stuff... I'm getting BLING on Nugget next weekend, I'm so excited. Philly MINI club is having a mod day and I am getting Diamond bling on the back headrest of my car, and also incorporating the diamonds on the doors with my and hubby's initails.... Oh i can't wait!
Cab I will see you the next day for the run! did you sign up for the tour? we are doing that too. you will love the run, it's a blast! Hope we are in the same group so we can chat during the breaks.

Old 07-26-2009 | 09:31 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hey all, THANKS FOR MISSING ME.... ugh, school at my age is TOUGH! But please to say I'm adveraging about a 95% in both classes. Really glad I didn't take 3 classes this semister.

Haven't had time to catch up until about an hour ago and read 4 pages...

ok let's see if I remember everything I wanted to say to everyone.... here goes.
X- love your new stripes! they look AWESOME!!!!
Hi Hal - even i don't eat beef or pork, your ribs sound like you need to compete, DO IT! you will never know if you don't!
MinixB-hopefully your baby is back on hte road....
Welcome GI Joe, thanks for your services!
Cab and Ola, GREAT SHOTS AND LOOKS LIKE YOU BOTH HAD LOADS OF FUN!!!! Glad you two finally got to meet, and Ola I agree, isn't Cab the sweetest???!!

Ok Well I've been busy and still searching for a job..... I'm still at the place now 3 months and have just come to the conclusion the owners are just crazy people and so is their attack dog they bring into the office every day, even if they take the day off they drop off the dog for "us" to watch. Because the dog will destroy their house when left alone. Yes I have been attacked 2 times in the beginning and I think i posted here, I bought dog bones to "make friends" with CuJo and well let's say that didn't work, this dog has gone crazy, last week it almost took off my hand and while i was cleaning blood off a customers leg and putting a 3" x 3" bandage on his leg the owner came into my office to "make sure I didn't tell him this happens often".... this is the 3rd time in 3 months this dog has drawn blood on visitor and employees and the owners "don't understand" why their dog does this! AHHHH TRAINING LADY TRAINING!
they just told me the other day I will have to wait 6 months for my 90 day reveiw although I have "proven my capibilities" they are just not ready to "make my salary right". Their exact words!!!! I just laughed....

Anyway, other then that- let's talk happy, bling stuff... I'm getting BLING on Nugget next weekend, I'm so excited. Philly MINI club is having a mod day and I am getting Diamond bling on the back headrest of my car, and also incorporating the diamonds on the doors with my and hubby's initails.... Oh i can't wait!
Cab I will see you the next day for the run! did you sign up for the tour? we are doing that too. you will love the run, it's a blast! Hope we are in the same group so we can chat during the breaks.
Um, just out of curiosity, has anybody "asked probing questions" of these people's insurance company? Or why hasn't anyone complained about the blood letting!? Seriously - if they were responsible dog owners they wouldn't do these things, so kinda makes me wonder if they really ought to have that dog. Maybe you should leave pamphlets or cards, or whatever, for the Dog Whisperer or your local dog training, insurance claim info about dog attacks, etc. all over the place... We call this either civil disobedience or a psychological campaign!!!

ANYWAY, Cab and Gem...I'll be heading to Philly for a business trip 31 AUG - 2 SEP if you two are interested in meeting up for dinner one of those days? My (civilian) boss would be coming too, and one of the two nights I'd be staying there I have to meet up with two of my cousins in the general area, but.... I gotta give 'Ola a run for her meeting-all-the-Freebies money!!

Old 07-26-2009 | 09:41 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Gem hasn't your employer heard of Doggy Day Care...other than the work place??!! I feel bad for you and the other's, ""make sure I didn't tell him this happens often"....is a cop out and why is it your responsibility to infrom Customer's of your employer that their Dog is (sorry isn't) Psycho??!! Maybe the Dog hasn't been accepted into Doggy Dar Care for Poor Behavior.

We have a Compnay Mascot at work as well, BUT she is sweet and loveable. Emma is a Yorkshire Terry, she and I are Buddies, we...the other Receptionist and I babysit whenever the owner has to run errands. I don't mind at all, I even have pics. of her on my Cell Phone!!

We are also a Dog Friendly Company, so Customer's can bring in their Dogs, we have a Bring Your Dog to Work Day, with Group Pictures too.

Old 07-26-2009 | 10:01 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Gem hasn't your employer heard of Doggy Day Care...other than the work place??!! I feel bad for you and the other's, ""make sure I didn't tell him this happens often"....is a cop out and why is it your responsibility to infrom Customer's of your employer that their Dog is (sorry isn't) Psycho??!! Maybe the Dog hasn't been accepted into Doggy Dar Care for Poor Behavior.

We have a Compnay Mascot at work as well, BUT she is sweet and loveable. Emma is a Yorkshire Terry, she and I are Buddies, we...the other Receptionist and I babysit whenever the owner has to run errands. I don't mind at all, I even have pics. of her on my Cell Phone!!

We are also a Dog Friendly Company, so Customer's can bring in their Dogs, we have a Bring Your Dog to Work Day, with Group Pictures too.
RJ, you're right - but I don't think these people sound anywhere near responsible enough to even consider doggy day care, much less take responsibility for the poor behavior of their dog. People like that really **** me off. Gem, what kind of dog is this again?

Old 07-26-2009 | 12:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
ANYWAY, Cab and Gem...I'll be heading to Philly for a business trip 31 AUG - 2 SEP if you two are interested in meeting up for dinner one of those days? My (civilian) boss would be coming too, and one of the two nights I'd be staying there I have to meet up with two of my cousins in the general area, but.... I gotta give 'Ola a run for her meeting-all-the-Freebies money!!

No freaking way!!!! Uhoh,, that is awesome!! I absolutely would try to make this work!! as ofr right now either Monday the 31st or Tuesday- Sept. 1 evening works the best for me, but I know Gemmy has more ***** up in the air than me so I will concede to hers and your schedules...!! OMG I am slowly but surely getting to see all of you Freebs!!!

I wonder if Tnmm is still hoping to make a pit stop in August,,,, Oooooohhhhh Tnmm,,,, get off your hoss and come "talk" to us!!!

Old 07-26-2009 | 12:22 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
RJ, you're right - but I don't think these people sound anywhere near responsible enough to even consider doggy day care, much less take responsibility for the poor behavior of their dog. People like that really **** me off. Gem, what kind of dog is this again?

Hi RJ,,, I go to a really nice office where the dogs come to work, in fact they come to my massage room there and love to sleep while their Masters are getting their massages. I have never , ever heard of such an abusive situation like our poor Gemmy is going through!! It really burns me up,, it isn't fair for the dog and most certainly not fair to the employees... I must be nastier than the rest of you on here, I swear I would consider slapping the owners with a lawsuit. Gem has had two articles of clothing torn too,,,, it's ridiculous!!
Uhoh, I think Gem told me that it is a Mastiff?????? Can you imagine,,??
And our GemGirl isn't that big, I am sure the dog weighs more than her!!

Old 07-26-2009 | 12:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
How funny, I almost forgot why I signed on in the first place, UHOH,,, I had the weirdest dream last night ,,, I dreamt that I was deployed(??? is this the right term?? I have no clue) to some god foraken place and I was to bunk in this shell of a building that had nothing but bare minimum bunks and a pantry with empty shelves . You were there and like all of the others were unpacking food and canned goods from your bags and I didn't know to pack anything.
and OMG you all were sooooo mad at me for not bringing a supply of food... I was so worried and was trying to find food in this 3rd world place,,,, shheeesh!!

Old 07-26-2009 | 01:38 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I was looking through the NAM Marketplace in the past day or two and noticed Skillet had some stuff for sale.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ct/6339/cat/22

Looks like from the title he's sold his MINI. Bummer, or maybe he got his classic finally?

Old 07-26-2009 | 05:14 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I hear ya' UhOh...and you're right. It is the responsibility of the owners to take control of their dog, not the employees. I certainly would not take my Dog into a place where she would make others uncomfortable. She's a "Wild Child" and anyone within in 50ft is there to S@@ her and she's not going to let you leave until you say "Hi!!". Our other Baby is our "Timid" Girl she's very shy, the ears go back, tail goes between the legs, and she shys away if she gets over stimulated. I wouldn't trade them for the World!!

Hi RJ,,, I go to a really nice office where the dogs come to work, in fact they come to my massage room there and love to sleep while their Masters are getting their massages. I have never , ever heard of such an abusive situation like our poor Gemmy is going through!! It really burns me up,, it isn't fair for the dog and most certainly not fair to the employees... I must be nastier than the rest of you on here, I swear I would consider slapping the owners with a lawsuit. Gem has had two articles of clothing torn too,,,, it's ridiculous!!
Uhoh, I think Gem told me that it is a Mastiff?????? Can you imagine,,??
And our GemGirl isn't that big, I am sure the dog weighs more than her!!
A Law Suit may be the ONLY thing that wakes these people Cab...I know if I were a Customer I would either file a suit and/or take my business else where.

How funny, I almost forgot why I signed on in the first place, UHOH,,, I had the weirdest dream last night ,,, I dreamt that I was deployed(??? is this the right term?? I have no clue) to some god foraken place and I was to bunk in this shell of a building that had nothing but bare minimum bunks and a pantry with empty shelves . You were there and like all of the others were unpacking food and canned goods from your bags and I didn't know to pack anything.
and OMG you all were sooooo mad at me for not bringing a supply of food... I was so worried and was trying to find food in this 3rd world place,,,, shheeesh!!
Cab that is hillarious...I can't imagine what sparked you having a dream about being enlisted and in such dire straits for not bringing any provisions on your assignment.

Originally Posted by HalAC
I was looking through the NAM Marketplace in the past day or two and noticed Skillet had some stuff for sale.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ct/6339/cat/22

Looks like from the title he's sold his MINI. Bummer, or maybe he got his classic finally?
That is a Bummer Hal...I'm wondering how Skillet and the Family are doing??!!

Old 07-26-2009 | 07:13 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Awww, sweetie. You just made me, hubby, and hubby's cousin crack up laughing (we're all military.) I wouldn't eat you alive for not bringing a supply of food if you didn't know any better!! I promise I'd help you.

Old 07-26-2009 | 09:10 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi everyone, thanks for the support about the dog issue. First let me tell you, I'm no quiet shy person when it comes to this kind of thing, Yes I have been in contact with the department of labor, and they say it is not an issue to bring a dog into an office.... they don't know how many times it has bitten people. I'm working on that part... and from what i can tell from ex employees there has never been a workman's comp claimed and from lack of knowledge of ex employees I have found release forms signed! can you imagine??? Who would sign that??? NOT I....
Also for the record the dog has been kicked out of 3 training camps and doggie day care won't take her.
the owners asked me the first time she went after me, "what did you do to my dog", i looked her square in the eye and told her that dog does not belong in an enviroment like this and she said "that is silly" she is a great dog!
it is a 120 pound Mastiff! I am a very easy going person, but HAVE HAD ENOUGH! But thanks for letting me spout... oh and OSHA might need a call since workman comp has never been contacted... hummmm

will keep you all informed.... keep some fingers crossed that I find another job soon, one that is normal.. would it surprise anyone if i told you there has been 4 people in htis position in less then a year, not including the temp that lasted one day? hahhaha

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...