Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009 | 08:24 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
awww...maybe she's feeling a little neglected... make sure you give her a nice pat on the head now and again.
And give her (((HUGS))) from her Freebie Friends!!!

Old 07-27-2009 | 08:29 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
awww...maybe she's feeling a little neglected... make sure you give her a nice pat on the head now and again.
She gets hugs and pats all the time. I do what I can for her while we're waiting to get her parts. She gets started up about every weekend. She still runs great. (after we fixed her oil puking problem...)

Old 07-27-2009 | 08:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So are you just waiting for parts for brakes? Anything else you've gotta fix?

Old 07-28-2009 | 12:20 AM
MINIxB
6th Gear
The suspension needs to be replaced sometime in the near future. The front driver side cone is going out so she's sagging to one side.

Old 07-28-2009 | 07:16 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
The suspension needs to be replaced sometime in the near future. The front driver side cone is going out so she's sagging to one side.
Poor old girl. At least she knows you love her.

Old 07-28-2009 | 10:25 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yah,,, I tend to sag to one side too.....

Hang in there MINIxb, soon you will be out there motoring and the garage pergatory will be a memory!!

Old 07-28-2009 | 02:28 PM
miniola
6th Gear
How about you get some big ol' spinnin' DUBS and get all gangsta?!? Roll with it girl!

Old 07-28-2009 | 05:11 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
x uh oh x - Where did you get your reflective stripes? Did you install them yourself or had them installed by someone else? And if you don't mind me asking, how much were they?

I know, I'm just full of questions, amongst other things I've been told.

Old 07-28-2009 | 05:31 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
x uh oh x - Where did you get your reflective stripes? Did you install them yourself or had them installed by someone else? And if you don't mind me asking, how much were they?

I know, I'm just full of questions, amongst other things I've been told.
WHY, HAL! I'm so GLAD you ASKED! It's only my favorite recent topic of conversation!! A guy in the Tar Heels club cut the vinyl for me (verrrrry good prices) and the club president (who also does vinyl installation on the side) put them on for me. With my help.

Our friend the Ditch Diva (username MacLeod) has ordered some BLACK reflective vinyl, and we're going to install it ourselves this weekend! I'll post pics in case you're interested.

I LOVE my stripes! They look white unless you're looking at them with polarized sunglasses, or at dark with light shone directly onto it.LOVE THEM!!!

Old 07-28-2009 | 05:43 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
...Our friend the Ditch Diva (username MacLeod) has ordered some BLACK reflective vinyl, and we're going to install it ourselves this weekend! I'll post pics in case you're interested....
They make black reflective? Oooo that sounds like it would look neat on my dark silver. Maybe outline it with 1/4" white. Can't wait for the pictures.

Old 07-28-2009 | 05:49 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
They make black reflective? Oooo that sounds like it would look neat on my dark silver. Maybe outline it with 1/4" white. Can't wait for the pictures.
YUP! She's got a Chili Red, but we'll take pics and I can give you the name of the guy who did the vinyl.

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:00 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
MINIOLA, I guess I was thinking of an Avatar pic and you referred to it as a monniker. But now that I look, I don't have an avatar here.. DOH! I guess the monniker is my username?? Yes??
UH-OH, GI JOE had All branches! Plus G.I. is G.I. no matter what branch! We all serve the same G! Get it, got it, good! LOL!
CABWY, Thank you for the welcome... I actually got my Mini, that is why I exposed myself.... uh... I mean... Came out.... DOH!!.... UH.... I mean... started posting....(why didn't I just say that in the first place.?.)
I will try and post pics... standy by...

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:04 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Name:  CoopcomparRacecar.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  84.7 KB
(Ignore the missing side winker, it's been replaced!) This was the day I got "pooper"... Named by my daughter. She wants to ride anytime I open the garage door!! She points and says "mini pooper?"....

Last edited by GI Joe; 07-28-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added script
Old 07-28-2009 | 06:09 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Name:  CoopWRacecarRFclos.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  95.7 KB
Here she is, with the car I traded. My Miata was a blast, but I simply got bored with her reliability and frankly, I had modded her out and don't have the $$ for forced induction. Time for a change!! And a welcome change it is!!

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:13 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe

(Ignore the missing side winker, it's been replaced!) This was the day I got "pooper"... Named by my daughter. She wants to ride anytime I open the garage door!! She points and says "mini pooper?"....
OH naughty GI... you're such a TEASE!! Seriously... you better get to snappin'! *insert snap happy camera smiley*(my smiley site is not working right now )

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear

Here she is, with the car I traded. My Miata was a blast, but I simply got bored with her reliability and frankly, I had modded her out and don't have the $$ for forced induction. Time for a change!! And a welcome change it is!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH that's REAL PRETTY!
(Sorry I had a minor delay on prior response... you were a tease for only posting one pic... but we're good now. ) Still keep posting!

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
MINIOLA, I guess I was thinking of an Avatar pic and you referred to it as a monniker. But now that I look, I don't have an avatar here.. DOH! I guess the monniker is my username?? Yes??
UH-OH, GI JOE had All branches! Plus G.I. is G.I. no matter what branch! We all serve the same G! Get it, got it, good! LOL!
CABWY, Thank you for the welcome... I actually got my Mini, that is why I exposed myself.... uh... I mean... Came out.... DOH!!.... UH.... I mean... started posting....(why didn't I just say that in the first place.?.)
I will try and post pics... standy by...

BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC! Ok. You can stay and play. Any extra moneys you can spread around, you can spend on us - there are a few of us who've been lusting after a classic of our own!

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:23 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH that's REAL PRETTY!
(Sorry I had a minor delay on prior response... you were a tease for only posting one pic... but we're good now. ) Still keep posting!
I figured that first one would raise a "tease" flag... That is why I put the second one! These really are the best shots I have. Unfortunatley I just haven't had the chance to get her to a photo shoot. That will happen soon though! I'll start a thread once I get them together! Stay tuned!

Old 07-28-2009 | 06:28 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear

BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC! Ok. You can stay and play. Any extra moneys you can spread around, you can spend on us - there are a few of us who've been lusting after a classic of our own!
Yeah... Uh... Money?? Extra moneY?? None here Friend! This was a straight up trade, or it wasn't going to happen. I had 3 yrs of blood, sweat, and cash tied up in that Miata. It's nice to have something I've dreamed of, and can enjoy without every racerboy ricer wanting to drag race. That car was built for US 129, Not drag racing!!
I need to by this series and print them for the wall!
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...V000900&po=900

Last edited by GI Joe; 07-28-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-28-2009 | 07:01 PM
miniola
6th Gear
You're going to go start your own thread??? After all we've been through??? ok.

Hey is that a standard issue rollbar on the Miata? No wonder you had all the ricer boys after you.

I like 129! When we head up there we stop in Macon then go through Athens and then whereever to get to 129.

Question. When I was coming home on 129 there was one right corner where I felt like I was going a tiny bit too fast. DSC was off. The front left wheel locked up and squealed and the exhaust got all wonky and the SES light came on. We pulled over and stopped (car off). Smelled like the grass was going to catch on fire and so we moved further and stopped on gravel. (No fires... we waited.) Turned the car off and waited a little longer. Started the car back up and the exhaust sounded better but the SES light was still on. Saw an AutoParts store about 15-20 minutes away and had them run for codes. I don't remember the code but it was "random misfire". Any ideas what happened? He reset the SES but I'm still nervous because I don't know what happened.

SOoo... are you going to be bringing that Classic to Fontana for the MSSD in October? I promise your car will be slobbered on.

Old 07-28-2009 | 07:30 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
GI Joe, beautiful car!!! nice indeed!!!

Old 07-28-2009 | 07:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey all my freebie friends.... guess what..... guess, just guess.....

ok give up....

I WAS OFFERED A JOB TODAY AND I ACCEPTED AND I GOT A RAISE AND MORE VACATION TIME AND I'M SO HAPPY AND I WANT CHOCOLATE AND I'M SO HAPPY.... can anyone tell i'm happy....

An accountant i have work with in the past for years through a mutual company - well she has an opening and yup called me!!!!
tomorrow giving CuJo my resignation!

anyone want to help me celebrate with some chocolate?????

Old 07-28-2009 | 07:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear

No more *** munching mutts!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Old 07-28-2009 | 08:00 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Gem... guess what... my site that I used to get almost all my smilies isn't working. I've always been doing copy-paste and now... well almost all of the smilies that I've ever posted are GONE!!! I thought they were permanent.

Old 07-28-2009 | 08:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear

i am nothing without my smilies

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...