Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009 | 08:57 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Oh, what's MSSD?? Sounds intersting?? Althoug I may be hanging out with John Travolta, or buying my son another car.. Most likely a high end car. He's 4, and needs new wheels!

Old 07-29-2009 | 09:10 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ummm... I think I said SES (service engine soon) . I'll ask the dealership when I go in for service but I'm sure they'll tell me it's nothing.

MSSD is MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon. Oct. 23rd-25th. I guess people are staying at Fontana Lodge. UHOH is going and I'm going... and I am convinced that some other Freebies may show up. I guess it's a really laid back Dragon/MINI event where people just drive all around. Here's the link to some info: http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Did Johnny Depp ever hang his underwear on your door ****? (That sounds REALLY bad!) But, I'm just sayin'... if you know him... maybe you could pick him up on the way. Awe... he's totally hot. But of course there could be a conflict of drooliness between your Mini and JD. OOOOhhh tough one.

Old 07-29-2009 | 09:14 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Alright, I said I was gonna turn this thing off.

GI JOE- Peace out!

Old 07-30-2009 | 03:36 AM
GI Joe
1st Gear
You said SES, and DSC.. Never heard of either. SES has always been a CEL(check engine light), but I guess that may be different than a Service warning. Maybe it was timing, and you're due for an earl change!
Oh, the Roll bar was a full out, functional Hard Dogg roll bar. I wasn't about to have my lid contacting pavement, should the unmentionable happen! It's all about safety!

Old 07-30-2009 | 09:46 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
GEMMY!!!!! I am sooo happy for you!! OMG so relieved!!

Oh, I hope they dismiss you early so you can get the hell out of there!!

Well, it sounds like you handled yourself appropriately and we are all proud of you!!

Maybe we will have to celebrate at the Philly Mini meetup this Sunday!!
I don't know if I can compete with a chocolate layer cake, though!!

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hi RJ, Ola and x and everyone else!!! You guys made me laugh out loud on the smilies, Ola glad there back. RJ loving the dancing smiley... Ola that dog face gives me chills - funny but too real!!!

ok so this morning I woke up extra early because my "boss" was going to leave the office at 8:00 and i wanted the pleasure of telling her face to face not just in a letter. So got there as she was walking out and stop her and said, "I just wanted to say this is my official 2 week notice and a letter to follow".
She came back with a snotty attitude saying "I could see that coming" I said well (staying professional) I will help you with the interview process and training and so your not stuck after I leave and then she said, "I handled it before you got here I will survive after you leave!" I said great have a day and walked into my office smiling.

about an hour later the owners and dog walk in and I know my boss called them immediatly because I got the cold shoulder all day from both the owners, not a single person even said good morning. Except for the dog walking into my office checking things out!
So they were angry all day and I was smiling all day. I had someone in my office at the end of the day talking HR stuff to them, the wife owner walked into my office and pretended she needed something when I turned to her she walked out. I think she wanted to hear what i was telling them. I didn't tell anyone else i was leaving wanted to give them the oppertunity to digest the news first. Tomorrow the fun starts. My boss is back in the office and i'm sure I won't make the 2 week thing thinking they are going to ask me to leave sooner! FINE BY ME!!!!
I'm so excited to get out. Oh and this morning when i first woke up i was dancing around the room singing "i'm going to work today". my hubby was laughing so hard. this was the first time i was happy about going into this place.
Oh and customers came in today and guess what dog attack again! when will they learn?
Thanks guys for listening, more later, pass the popcorn....

Old 07-30-2009 | 09:47 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe
Oh, what's MSSD?? Sounds intersting?? Althoug I may be hanging out with John Travolta, or buying my son another car.. Most likely a high end car. He's 4, and needs new wheels!

GI JOE you are funny,,,, totally made me Laugh out loud

Old 07-30-2009 | 09:53 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I think DSC means Dynamic Stability Control. When it senses the tires slipping it cuts power where IT thinks its needed. It's supposed to be a good thing (safety) but it really bothers me when it's on. For example... when pulling out in traffic from a stop... I need to know that the car is going to get up and go and get out of the way. When it's on and I'm stopped... I step on it to pull out in traffic and it just kinda bogs/pauses/hesitates. I hate not knowing what my car is going to do when I'm trying to get out of someone's way. So I prefer to drive with it off... then I don't have to deal with those issues. The husband gets mad at me for doing this... but I've read lots of stuff on NAM where many people drive with it off due to similar reasons. I have also talked with people that do Autocross and they have the DSC off... helps them get better times.

I think SES (Service Engine Soon) has to do with emission stuff (at least according to the manual)... but it was weird how it threw a code for a "random misfire". THAT combined with the front driver's wheel locking up is bizarre. Of course it could all be coincidence... but what a weird one!

I have to go to the dealership... ughhh... but I despise it.

Old 07-30-2009 | 10:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi CAB!

Old 07-30-2009 | 12:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Heeeelllllooooo Ola!!! You are impressing me with your mechanical talk young lady!!

When are you going to the dealership to get the diagnosis?

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:14 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Rumor has it that RG has just finished up detailing Viola---- maybe we can coerce her to return to our humble thread with photos??? hhhmmm???

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Well, yeah... You're right. Down in size, Up in value and Way up in cool factor!
Oh, and here's another... I finally got her cleaned up and got some pics, in the driveway, but pics nonetheless!

Damm if that ain't purty!!

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:46 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Ummm... I think I said SES (service engine soon) . I'll ask the dealership when I go in for service but I'm sure they'll tell me it's nothing.

MSSD is MINIs Slay the Sleeping Dragon. Oct. 23rd-25th. I guess people are staying at Fontana Lodge. UHOH is going and I'm going... and I am convinced that some other Freebies may show up. I guess it's a really laid back Dragon/MINI event where people just drive all around. Here's the link to some info: http://www.tarheelminis.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Did Johnny Depp ever hang his underwear on your door ****? (That sounds REALLY bad!) But, I'm just sayin'... if you know him... maybe you could pick him up on the way. Awe... he's totally hot. But of course there could be a conflict of drooliness between your Mini and JD. OOOOhhh tough one.
Ola did you mention Johnny Depp and UNDERWEAR in the same sentence. "HE" can hang his underwear on MY Door *** ANYTIME!!

And talk about DROOL...my Husband has to clean up mine any time I see even a glimpse of Johnny...I'm in DREAMLAND now!!

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey- they even make a t-shirt for the DSC button.

Here's a link to other fun t-shirts:
http://shop.cafepress.com/mini-cooper?page=1

They've got lots of other sarcastic shirts too. For anyone that's bored (or avoiding doing what they should be doing ).

CAB- did I ever post the link to my "how I fixed my seat" deal? Probably a long time ago. 2 trips to the MINI dealership and they keep saying there's nothing wrong. But I took the seat out and figured out what was wrong.

And what about RG??? How come she never comes here anymore? She's lost that lovin' feelin'?

Ummm... I'm naughty. I flipped off a cop yesterday. He deserved it.

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:53 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hey- they even make a t-shirt for the DSC button.

Here's a link to other fun t-shirts:
http://shop.cafepress.com/mini-cooper?page=1

They've got lots of other sarcastic shirts too. For anyone that's bored (or avoiding doing what they should be doing ).

CAB- did I ever post the link to my "how I fixed my seat" deal? Probably a long time ago. 2 trips to the MINI dealership and they keep saying there's nothing wrong. But I took the seat out and figured out what was wrong.

And what about RG??? How come she never comes here anymore? She's lost that lovin' feelin'?

Ummm... I'm naughty. I flipped off a cop yesterday. He deserved it.
Ola...what's this I hear about you flipping off a Cop??!! Do tell!!

Old 07-30-2009 | 01:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ola did you mention Johnny Depp and UNDERWEAR in the same sentence. "HE" can hang his underwear on MY Door *** ANYTIME!!

And talk about DROOL...my Husband has to clean up mine any time I see even a glimpse of Johnny...I'm in DREAMLAND now!!
Yeah! Long time ago it was discussed about Apple's forums (NOT this one) and she had mentioned to some people... "Johnny Depp used to hang his dirty underwear on my door **** as in 'wash them'!". She was reliving her memories about how he wasn't that great. Do you remember when someone posted the video of Johnny Depp in the pool with kids (way back when he was young)? It was related to that.

Have you seen the Dillinger flick yet? I haven't. He looks totally hot! No drunken pirates and no scary candy maker or killer barber. I think one of the best movies was Edward Scissorhands... he was so sweet. Ahhh.

Old 07-30-2009 | 02:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ola...what's this I hear about you flipping off a Cop??!! Do tell!!
I told the story... and I just deleted it. I decided that I will keep my bad-*** self a mystery. I still say he deserved it though.

Last edited by miniola; 07-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2009 | 08:17 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Good one Ola!!

Gem I guess it goes with the Territory. Clueless = Cluelesser!!
So 2 weeks from today or Friday?? I guess we'll see how long they can be SNOBS, but KEEP Smiling, you will be rewarded with greater opportunity and NO MONSTER DOGS!!
Thanks so much RJ, you are correct, I can see the light now!!!! and it was 2 week to the day yesterday, I won't even finish out that last week. not worth the 2 days pay. So my last day is August 12.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:29 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI every one! this is Happy Gem here well the part time receptionist did not know I gave my notice yesterday and she came in today and gave her notice... So now snotty boss lady will be all by her lonesome when we leave until she hires2 more people.
Hey you be nice to people and they will be nice to you!
I'm hoping they tell me to leave early but they won't!

anyway, Ola flipping off a cop, Cab is finally checking in! RJ are you staying out of trouble? and GI Joe you make me laugh too!!!
Love you car by the way.

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:38 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Wow Gem!! That is some news, about PT Recep., what's the story there??

And BTW I (unlike Ola), don't flip off anybody!! I'm always accused of causing trouble at work, though. BUT only because the Sales Floor Guys like me!!

I'm gonna' head off to bed gang...Gem I'll be waiting every night for updates 'til you are a Free Bird!!

Nite Nite Freebies!!

Old 07-30-2009 | 09:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Wow Gem!! That is some news, about PT Recep., what's the story there??

And BTW I (unlike Ola), don't flip off anybody!! I'm always accused of causing trouble at work, though. BUT only because the Sales Floor Guys like me!!

I'm gonna' head off to bed gang...Gem I'll be waiting every night for updates 'til you are a Free Bird!!

Nite Nite Freebies!!
The PT recep. just decided she had had enough, she is still living at home and going to school. She was the latest "attack" of the dog.
I have been doing some research of former employees and looks like the one person that had gotten bit so bad spent some time in the hospital. Well the first day back to work signed a release form.(WHO DOES THAT??SERIOUSLY) But she did and then was "let go" a few hours later! Nice company!
I don't get how this company is still in business!!!

Ok RJ, now it's your turn for a story.... what's up with the Sales Floor Guy?
Details girl details!!!

good night!

Old 07-31-2009 | 12:15 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Well, yeah... You're right. Down in size, Up in value and Way up in cool factor!
Oh, and here's another... I finally got her cleaned up and got some pics, in the driveway, but pics nonetheless!
Very nice!! I think I missed it but what year is she?

Old 07-31-2009 | 12:55 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Glad I can entertain!! I like making folks happy!!

Oh, MINI XB... '68! How' bout some pics of the Camo ride?? That's got me interested!

Old 07-31-2009 | 02:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
And BTW I (unlike Ola), don't flip off anybody!!
You should try it sometime! It can be quite freeing.

Old 07-31-2009 | 02:18 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HI every one! this is Happy Gem here well the part time receptionist did not know I gave my notice yesterday and she came in today and gave her notice... So now snotty boss lady will be all by her lonesome when we leave until she hires2 more people.
Hey you be nice to people and they will be nice to you!
I'm hoping they tell me to leave early but they won't!

anyway, Ola flipping off a cop, Cab is finally checking in! RJ are you staying out of trouble? and GI Joe you make me laugh too!!!
Love you car by the way.
HELLO HAPPY GEM!!

Here's a tribute video for you. Although there is no *** munching dog... there's lots of happy dancing going on! I know you weren't a steel worker trying to make it in a man's world and probably you weren't ever a *dancer* trying to be a DANCER... I imagine this is still probably how you feel.

Old 07-31-2009 | 02:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
The PT recep. just decided she had had enough, she is still living at home and going to school. She was the latest "attack" of the dog.
I have been doing some research of former employees and looks like the one person that had gotten bit so bad spent some time in the hospital. Well the first day back to work signed a release form.(WHO DOES THAT??SERIOUSLY) But she did and then was "let go" a few hours later! Nice company!
I don't get how this company is still in business!!!

Ok RJ, now it's your turn for a story.... what's up with the Sales Floor Guy?
Details girl details!!!

good night!
Oh yeah, I forgot to say... this company is still in business because for some strange reason people don't dare to contact authorities!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...