Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:45 PM
miniola
6th Gear
This reminds me... someone had posted on the forums that he was selling his '94. Obviously it must be one of those "updated to specs" of a certain year... but how would this guy legally sell his car (here in the US) as a '94?

I love when someone tries to sell a newer Mini by stating that it has been "de-seamed"... or when they add exterior hinges to make it more like a MKI... or cut out MKIII tail lights to make it into a MKI. Precisely why I haven't purchased yet. I'd hate to get screwed. And there are LOTS of areas and things to inspect to make sure everything checks out.

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
She should be getting her brakes fixed soon. I'm working overtime this saturday to get the money for them.

Did you get the gangsta' lean suspension thing worked out?

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:47 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Once the Mini is here you can sell it as whatever year it is if you want. If you're worried about being caught or something they say it has been updated. If you find a Mini you like and you have questions ask and I'll try to answer them.

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:48 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

Did you get the gangsta' lean suspension thing worked out?
Not yet. That's going to take a little more money than the brakes... I'm putting the spring suspension with hi-lo's and new shocks on her so it will come up to around $1,200

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:50 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe
Miniola, I caught the comment and have chosen to look past it. I was warned that there are hard core folks out there that will bash a later model car. I tend to say nothing, when there is nothing constructive to say. I am one that learned after the deal, while trying to learn about my car specs. I remember seeing/reading a story in the late 90's about Rover actually retro fitting cars and reselling them. I figured mine was one of those. Either way, that's enough on that subject!
It'll take a lot more than a little comment to get rid of me!! Of course, selling my car will slow my attendance down a bit. Yes, it's on the block. Just not good timing for me to have two toys. I won't mind if it doesn't sell, but the $$ is more importante` at this time..
WHAT?!?! You are going to sell the Mini?!?! SURELY you must be talking about a different car.

Sucks that you learned "after". SORRY.

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:51 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
I'm interested in looking for a Classic. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've looked at so far have been (in my mind) waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. Are there any good sites to check out if you're looking to buy a Mini?

I originally played w/ the idea of importing one to the US, but the process seems a lot more difficult than it should be. At this rate, I'd might as well wait until I land a job in Europe and just own one for the duration that I'm there...

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:55 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
www.minimania.com is where I found my Mini at. She wasn't bad priced either but the guy I bought her from didn't know what he had. There are some people out there that think their Mini's are made of gold and sell them for wayyy too much.

Old 08-05-2009 | 03:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I still want a Mini classic truck! i put it on my Christmas list already.

Old 08-05-2009 | 03:14 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Those trucks are absolutely awesome. I have yet to see one in person, though...

*drool*

http://picasaweb.google.com/alfremor...at=directlink#

Old 08-05-2009 | 03:28 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Question: Does "updated to specs of..." = "retrofit"?

Old 08-05-2009 | 04:27 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
There is a nice one for sale on Mini Mania that isn't too badly priced. I'll see if I can find the ad.

Question: Does "updated to specs of..." = "retrofit"?
Ummm...I think they might mean the same thing..either that or they took a part from and older car and put it on a new one..

Old 08-05-2009 | 05:01 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIxB
There is a nice one for sale on Mini Mania that isn't too badly priced. I'll see if I can find the ad.
If you mean the green one in VA for $11k, that's the one on my list!

Darren! Lurker!!

Hey, G.I. Joe - you mean to tell us you're already selling the pretty blue thing???

Old 08-05-2009 | 05:09 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE

Darren! Lurker!!

Hey, G.I. Joe - you mean to tell us you're already selling the pretty blue thing???
Yup. I'm trying to burn the last 20 mins of my workday. It is going by extremely slowly!!

Old 08-05-2009 | 05:11 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Yup. I'm trying to burn the last 20 mins of my workday. It is going by extremely slowly!!
Just try reading this whole thread!!

Old 08-05-2009 | 05:32 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Yep. Looks like a really nice one. Just incase you didn't know but the p'ups are a little smaller inside than the saloon mini's so if you're really tall you might not fit. But I'm sure someone 6' can fit in one....haven't been in a p'up yet though to know for sure. There is one in the KC area. I'm waiting to see it and get a ride in it.

Old 08-05-2009 | 06:35 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
NO!! I'd never sell my Thing! That is why the Mini is up for sale. The Thing is a family heirloom, it's not going anywhere! Certainly not an easy choice, but family comes before toys.. sucks to be mature in life, sometimes! If I don't sell it, then It too will become a faimly heirloom that My kids can have when I am gone!

Old 08-05-2009 | 07:55 PM
miniola
6th Gear
NO!! I'd never sell my Thing! That is why the Mini is up for sale. The Thing is a family heirloom, it's not going anywhere! Certainly not an easy choice, but family comes before toys.. sucks to be mature in life, sometimes! If I don't sell it, then It too will become a faimly heirloom that My kids can have when I am gone!
Huh? Uh... GI JOE we've never seen your "THING". At least I don't remember seeing it.

Pretty sure UHOH is talking about the pretty blue Mini that you just got and posted pics of for us. Didn't you just get that? Didn't you trade the Miata for the Mini? I am so confused.

So what happened? You shared your beautiful Mini with us and then you are getting rid of it so quickly? You don't love her? Yes, I have lots of questions.

Sorry... not that "THINGS" are bad... but we're a Mini/MINI love kinda place here.

Old 08-06-2009 | 03:40 AM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Huh? Uh... GI JOE we've never seen your "THING". At least I don't remember seeing it.

Pretty sure UHOH is talking about the pretty blue Mini that you just got and posted pics of for us. Didn't you just get that? Didn't you trade the Miata for the Mini? I am so confused.

So what happened? You shared your beautiful Mini with us and then you are getting rid of it so quickly? You don't love her? Yes, I have lots of questions.

Sorry... not that "THINGS" are bad... but we're a Mini/MINI love kinda place here.

Wow.. 3rd degree, eh?? You'd remember my Thing, had you seen it!
But I'm sure I haven't shown it around here, so Here you go!
Name:  LS24Aug.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  58.1 KB
This is a bit of a shock to me as well, business has slowed to a crawl, actually a drunken crawl. Sacrifices "should" be made. I really do like the Pooper, but being the new kid on the block, it's the easiest to part with at this point. There are a few things I "want" to do to it, and that will cost me money, that I don't have. I have an addiction to cars, and if I keep it, I Will spend the $$ on it. It's a sicknes really... kinda sad, sorta...
I still love Mini/MINI, and hopefully I Don't sell.... Time will tell..

Old 08-06-2009 | 09:59 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
I love your Thing! I've always had a soft spot for aircooled VWs - especially the type 181's.

Definitely understand your addiction though. I have this way of adopting vehicles and fixing them up (mechanically, at the least). Unfortunately, I get attached to some of the vehicles and have a hard time selling them on.

This is a bit of a shock to me as well, business has slowed to a crawl, actually a drunken crawl. Sacrifices "should" be made. I really do like the Pooper, but being the new kid on the block, it's the easiest to part with at this point. There are a few things I "want" to do to it, and that will cost me money, that I don't have. I have an addiction to cars, and if I keep it, I Will spend the $$ on it. It's a sicknes really... kinda sad, sorta...

Old 08-06-2009 | 10:31 AM
miniola
6th Gear

Were you expecting anything less than the 3rd degree? Really?

Sorry about your sickness. Do they have groups for that?

Old 08-06-2009 | 10:38 AM
GI Joe
1st Gear
Caraholics unanimous!! What a great group, They were Very supportive!. Cost me a LOT of money though, actually still is.. Also leads me to have to make crucial decisions like this one..

Old 08-06-2009 | 12:12 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
It's a kubelwagen!! Those are cool.

Old 08-06-2009 | 12:25 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Here's another aircooled VW I've always liked:
schwimmwagen

Old 08-06-2009 | 12:37 PM
GI Joe
1st Gear
I do like my bucket cars, a Schwimm would be Great to have, alas the $40K avg price tag keeps me at bay! Funny thing, I can't get into the Moke. As utilitarian and "bucket like" as it is... meh... not so much..

Old 08-07-2009 | 05:08 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wow, that Schwimmwagon comes complete with an oar! That's saying a LOT!!! Would be perfect for up here with all the rain we've had... D, if you got one, you'd never have to worry about not making it to Anchorage... you could just drive across teh water!

Oh the possibilities

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...