Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 03:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok today was the funniest day i have had at the crazy company!
thought you all might enjoy this...
today the owners dropped off the dog and left for a meeting. Dog locked up in the owners office, no not by them but my request to someone after they left.
Continued to do my work, they came back just in time for a meeting in 5 more minutes with a high profile client. owners walked in and opened the her office door and the dog pooped everywhere in her brand new redecorated, new carpeted office!!!!!
Normally I wouldn't have laughed -obviously the dog was sick because that was found too! She was screaming it stank in her office wanting someone to come in and clean up the mess, YEAH RIGHT! she didn't clean up her dog mess they made 2 of the workers clean it up...
well high profile clients came in and took one smell and requested a early long lunch for their meeting!

just thought i would share that funny, day before i leave story!!!!

gotta go, will check back later! enjoy the laugh - i did!

Old 08-11-2009 | 04:16 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
gemgirlpa that is priceless! Thanks for sharing. I'm still laughing.

Old 08-11-2009 | 05:53 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
SERIOUSLY, how can these people think they're being good owners?????

Old 08-11-2009 | 06:24 PM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
And they probably think they're good bosses too. It just stinks that the owners made two workers clean up the mess made by their dog.

Old 08-11-2009 | 06:52 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
They shouldn't have left the dog at the office to begin with.... and I wonder how soon they got the poor thing to the vet...

*shakes head*

Old 08-11-2009 | 07:25 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
ALRIGHT! It's 17 hours and 39 minutes to get there... 1104.11 miles. Think I'll be able to make it too!

Oooooooh, Ola... I DARE you!!! DOUBLE DARE you,,,,

Old 08-11-2009 | 07:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!! sorry that was just fitting for the posts i have been making lately..... and for the topper post - stay tuned....

OOpppps!! I didn't read your post before I double dared Ola also!! hahaha,, but yours was better--- you double dog dared.!

I am so excited,, I get to meet Red Dragoon too!! It's gonna look like a Mini Rally!!!!!!

Last edited by cabwy; 08-12-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 | 07:34 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ok today was the funniest day i have had at the crazy company!
thought you all might enjoy this...
today the owners dropped off the dog and left for a meeting. Dog locked up in the owners office, no not by them but my request to someone after they left.
Continued to do my work, they came back just in time for a meeting in 5 more minutes with a high profile client. owners walked in and opened the her office door and the dog pooped everywhere in her brand new redecorated, new carpeted office!!!!!
Normally I wouldn't have laughed -obviously the dog was sick because that was found too! She was screaming it stank in her office wanting someone to come in and clean up the mess, YEAH RIGHT! she didn't clean up her dog mess they made 2 of the workers clean it up...
well high profile clients came in and took one smell and requested a early long lunch for their meeting!

just thought i would share that funny, day before i leave story!!!!

gotta go, will check back later! enjoy the laugh - i did!
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!?? (Yes...I'm yelling!!)

They have no sense of decency, making two unrelated workers clean up a mess that THEIR dog left for them, obviously the dog is crying out for HELP!!

I know why, but I'm confused, why the two workers would clean up such a mess...Job Security!!

Old 08-11-2009 | 08:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ -amazing what some people will do for job security. but anyone that knows me knows i will NOT lower my standards for something like that...
Oh yes I was asked indirectly to walk the dog after, I said no thank you and walked back to my office!!!
RG- yes I told them they should get the dog to the vet and she said "she is fine now".
Red, you are so correct, they think they are great bosses and have already told me they think i'm crazy for leaving a stable job. Yeah but how do they sleep at night?
and the best news MY LAST DAY IS TOMORROW AND I'M DOING THE LAST DAY HAPPY DANCE, TOMORROW NIGHT I WILL BE DRIVING HOME HOPEFULLY TOPLESS AND LISTENING TO SOME GOOD MUSIC - BOUNCING IN MY SEAT AND SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR!!!!

Thursday I am meet some great freebies!!! I'm so excited about that! Red, Did you get the time off? will we be seeing you?Oh and I will send a PM with my cell phone to Tn just in case. Cab I think you have it already don't you? COULD I BE DANCING ANY MORE.... Ola I am recreating that video!!!!

night freebees

Old 08-11-2009 | 09:01 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hum Ola looks like you have been double dared and double dog dared....
anyone want to start a betting if Ola shows up???

Old 08-12-2009 | 01:18 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
It is 20 after 1. Mugen woke up a few minutes ago and is bouncing around the house. Thankfully, I passed out on the sofa and hubby is able to continue sleeping while he destroys my curtains and I distract him with a booda bone. Gah... the joys of having a puppy. What was I thinking? I must have been on glue...

Old 08-12-2009 | 01:24 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
RandomGemini greetings. I expect your puppy will grow out of it, with time.

gemgirlpa greetings and yes, I'll be motoring to KoP after Philly. You'll meet the Wife too. She'll be the Colonial history expert for us at Independence Hall. And congrats on this being your last day! Enjoy hitting the asphalt after you check out.

Looking most forward to meeting everyone.

Old 08-12-2009 | 08:15 AM
GI Joe
1st Gear
... MY LAST DAY IS TOMORROW AND I'M DOING THE LAST DAY HAPPY DANCE, TOMORROW NIGHT I WILL BE DRIVING HOME HOPEFULLY TOPLESS AND LISTENING TO SOME GOOD MUSIC - BOUNCING IN MY SEAT AND SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR!!!!
Not sure about Philly, But around here, you drive around topless and bouncing in your seat you're gonna have sum 'splainin' to do! On a related note, the truckers will have their day brightened!! Thursday is Truck Traffic day around here!!!
Crazy story about the Poo... Serves them right! Ignorant people. I sure hope they don't have kids... Please tell us they don't have kids?? Wait, I don't want to know..
I'd respond about how you did with that one...No thanks *walking off*.... I'd imagine those two employees that got assigned the "extra Duty" (pun intended) will be ramping up their Job searches Real quick! I'm hard pressed to beleive your stories on this, except I've worked for some folks like that. It's amazing!!(not in a good way)..
CONGRATS on your surviving, litteraly, that emplyment! And here's praying for better times ahead!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 09:10 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Kids, hell, it doesn't sound like they should have pets.

At all.

Old 08-12-2009 | 09:33 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
RandomGemini greetings. I expect your puppy will grow out of it, with time.
Yeah, in about 5 years!! Chocolate Labs are the most energetic (nicely) of the 3 Lab Breeds. I've got a Choco Lab Mix (6yrs) and she's still a Wild Child!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 09:54 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Colors. Labrador Retriever is a breed. Chocolate, Yellow and Black are merely colors (and are the ONLY colors). Breeding any two other colors will usually produce puppies of all three colors. Chocolates are actually no different in personality than other Labs and are not genetically different at all from the other two colors.

I am passing along the lecture that Mugen's breeder gave me when I asked her about this common misconception because I'd heard it from several people when I mentioned that we might be getting a chocolate Lab. I'd asked her in jest, but what she said, both surprised me... and didn't surprise me.

Sadly, chocolates went through a period where they became the "fashionable" dog to have. They got overbred and poorly bred by a lot of back yard breeders and puppy mills, so the perception that Chocolate labs are more energetic is merely perpetuated by the fact that the Chocolates most people have experience with... were bred only for their color, not for temperament, not for health and not for any other reason aside from the fact that they were chocolate.

Yeah, I know, it's stupid... but it's the truth.

Mugen's parents were sooo laid back and eager to please that I was happy to purchase a puppy from their litter. He will not be any more hyper than any other Lab I have owned, in fact, it is very likely that he will be LESS hyper than most other Labs because he's an English bred dog and the Lab that most people have become familiar with are American dogs from field lines. Field dogs are taller and leaner and have more energy than English dogs, which are shorter, but stockier and less high strung.

But I do relate to what you've said about your Lab mix. Labs keep their "puppy bounce" for their entire lives. A Labrador Retriever doesn't actually reach maturity until they are 3 years old. They don't finish growing completely for 2 years. They'll attain MOST of their size in one year, but they will finish growing into their feet and fill out their bone structure during that second year, so it's important to maintain a high protein diet of good fats in order to promote healthy growth.

What my husband and I love about Labs is that they never stop being cute. They never stop being sweet. They never stop being puppies on the inside.

Old 08-12-2009 | 12:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Totally off topic here... ( does that surprise ANYONE!!!>>>>????)
Don't you just hate it when you get on your favorite forum/thread and reread what you posted a day or two before and see that it is loaded with typos?

Or? Am I the only one who types on the fly and does this?? Some of you all NEVER make mistakes!!

GEMGIRL? Did Cujo's parents take you out for a going away dinner?? Or are YOU the dinner?? hahahahahah

Thanks for sending me your cell #, I don't think I had it. I PM'd you mine also!!

RG - Mugen sounds like-------- a puppy,,, any puppy,,, any puppy with puppy energy and puppy teeth. Do me a favor and please lean down and take in a big ol sniff of puppy breath for me?? I love that smell more than anything in the world,, except maybe horse manure?? and horse breath?
Oh! And am I nuts but does anyone else love the "clean" smell of their spouses sweat? Clean meaning fresh sweat, not stanky stale sweat?

Anyways, I digress, RG.. your puppy sounds awesome,, they are a handful,, sometimes I would look at our 2 pups and tell them how they were supposed to ENHANCE my life not degrade it!! hahahah

Awfully quiet in Florida, isn't it????

Old 08-12-2009 | 12:34 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
RJ -amazing what some people will do for job security. but anyone that knows me knows i will NOT lower my standards for something like that...
Oh yes I was asked indirectly to walk the dog after, I said no thank you and walked back to my office!!!
RG- yes I told them they should get the dog to the vet and she said "she is fine now".
Red, you are so correct, they think they are great bosses and have already told me they think i'm crazy for leaving a stable job. Yeah but how do they sleep at night?
and the best news MY LAST DAY IS TOMORROW AND I'M DOING THE LAST DAY HAPPY DANCE, TOMORROW NIGHT I WILL BE DRIVING HOME HOPEFULLY TOPLESS AND LISTENING TO SOME GOOD MUSIC - BOUNCING IN MY SEAT AND SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR!!!!

Thursday I am meet some great freebies!!! I'm so excited about that! Red, Did you get the time off? will we be seeing you?Oh and I will send a PM with my cell phone to Tn just in case. Cab I think you have it already don't you? COULD I BE DANCING ANY MORE.... Ola I am recreating that video!!!!

night freebees
Gemmy- it is now 3:30 and it is raining here,,, hope it clears up for your topless run in the Nug.

Old 08-12-2009 | 02:38 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! I'm finally free of the Pentagon for the day. The building itself is very confusing, but the traffic is SUPER highly annoying. Anyway, the boss was with me, and said I didn't have to go back to work! (We got back by 4, usually close business by 5.) Time for a nap!

Old 08-12-2009 | 02:51 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Go take a nap, x uh oh x...

You know you need it!

Old 08-12-2009 | 03:24 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Don't you just hate it when you get on your favorite forum/thread and reread what you posted a day or two before and see that it is loaded with typos?

Or? Am I the only one who types on the fly and does this?? Some of you all NEVER make mistakes!!
I can't speak for the others, but I always use ieSpell to check my spelling before I post.

Old 08-12-2009 | 05:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy

GEMGIRL? Did Cujo's parents take you out for a going away dinner?? Or are YOU the dinner?? hahahahahah

Thanks for sending me your cell #, I don't think I had it. I PM'd you mine also!!

RG - Mugen sounds like-------- a puppy,,, any puppy,,, any puppy with puppy energy and puppy teeth. Do me a favor and please lean down and take in a big ol sniff of puppy breath for me?? I love that smell more than anything in the world,, except maybe horse manure?? and horse breath?
Oh! And am I nuts but does anyone else love the "clean" smell of their spouses sweat? Clean meaning fresh sweat, not stanky stale sweat?

Anyways, I digress, RG.. your puppy sounds awesome,, they are a handful,, sometimes I would look at our 2 pups and tell them how they were supposed to ENHANCE my life not degrade it!! hahahah

Awfully quiet in Florida, isn't it????

Does seem kinda quiet 'eh?

Yes, Cab- I always have typos too. Sometimes I correct them. It's not so critical though. The first post I ever made on the forum, I used spell check and the entire message disappeared. Then of course we all have the messages that disappear for whatever reason.

So ladies... "DOUBLE DOG DARE" and "DOUBLE DARE"?

BTW- I love Chili's Strawberry Lemonade.

Old 08-12-2009 | 05:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh yeah, Gem that dog dump story was awesome! (That's TWO thumb's up! )

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
It is 20 after 1. Mugen woke up a few minutes ago and is bouncing around the house. Thankfully, I passed out on the sofa and hubby is able to continue sleeping while he destroys my curtains and I distract him with a booda bone. Gah... the joys of having a puppy. What was I thinking? I must have been on glue...

I LOVE PUPPIES, that reminds me of my Thistle all cute and fuzzy so happy eating my drapes too!!!
I'm so happy for you, almost make me want to get another, ALMOST!

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GI Joe
Not sure about Philly, But around here, you drive around topless and bouncing in your seat you're gonna have sum 'splainin' to do! On a related note, the truckers will have their day brightened!! Thursday is Truck Traffic day around here!!!
Crazy story about the Poo... Serves them right! Ignorant people. I sure hope they don't have kids... Please tell us they don't have kids?? Wait, I don't want to know..
I'd respond about how you did with that one...No thanks *walking off*.... I'd imagine those two employees that got assigned the "extra Duty" (pun intended) will be ramping up their Job searches Real quick! I'm hard pressed to beleive your stories on this, except I've worked for some folks like that. It's amazing!!(not in a good way)..
CONGRATS on your surviving, litteraly, that emplyment! And here's praying for better times ahead!!
RAINING TODAY SO I WASN'T TOPLESS!!! BUT GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR.....

YES FOLK FREEBIES, I'M FINISHED TOTALLY FINISHED!!! ALL 10 TOES AND ALL 10 FINGERS....

and for the record both have kids from previous... i can't tell if she (wife owner) is extreamly stupid or just plays stupid!
today I told someone to lock the dog up, she can right into my office and said " are you expeciting someone" I got right back at her and said no I'm not expecting someone, but visitors come in constantly and I'm not about to put myself in the middle of that dog". She slammed the door and huffed off. That was about 2:00 today. I was about to say good bye then but I want to be better then her! More professional and I proved to myself I'm a stong person and I did what I had to do to cover my mortgage and move on all the while inproving my life for the better!

I CAN CONCOUR ANYTHING NOW.... THERE IS NO STOPPING ME....
Even the fact that monday is my new job and mid terms all in the same day and I'm not going to stress after these last 4 months...

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...