Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:26 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
RAINING TODAY SO I WASN'T TOPLESS!!! BUT GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR.....

YES FOLK FREEBIES, I'M FINISHED TOTALLY FINISHED!!! ALL 10 TOES AND ALL 10 FINGERS....

and for the record both have kids from previous... i can't tell if she (wife owner) is extreamly stupid or just plays stupid!
today I told someone to lock the dog up, she can right into my office and said " are you expeciting someone" I got right back at her and said no I'm not expecting someone, but visitors come in constantly and I'm not about to put myself in the middle of that dog". She slammed the door and huffed off. That was about 2:00 today. I was about to say good bye then but I want to be better then her! More professional and I proved to myself I'm a stong person and I did what I had to do to cover my mortgage and move on all the while inproving my life for the better!

I CAN CONCOUR ANYTHING NOW.... THERE IS NO STOPPING ME....
Even the fact that monday is my new job and mid terms all in the same day and I'm not going to stress after these last 4 months...

Yeah gem!! You did it!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Yeah, in about 5 years!! Chocolate Labs are the most energetic (nicely) of the 3 Lab Breeds. I've got a Choco Lab Mix (6yrs) and she's still a Wild Child!!
When we first got our fuzzy little 10 weeks old puppy and she was so playful and funny, and a full of energy!
I asked the vet at her year check up when will she calm down? he said another year or so.
at almost 5 year old check up I reminded the vet what he said and he laughed and said "did I say 2? I meant 6 years!!!
I now know when she isn't full of energy she isn't feeling good. I love her energy and she will be 6 next week.
Mugen sounds great! I do want a chocolate lab someday!

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:41 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Colors. Labrador Retriever is a breed. Chocolate, Yellow and Black are merely colors (and are the ONLY colors). Breeding any two other colors will usually produce puppies of all three colors. Chocolates are actually no different in personality than other Labs and are not genetically different at all from the other two colors.

I am passing along the lecture that Mugen's breeder gave me when I asked her about this common misconception because I'd heard it from several people when I mentioned that we might be getting a chocolate Lab. I'd asked her in jest, but what she said, both surprised me... and didn't surprise me.

Sadly, chocolates went through a period where they became the "fashionable" dog to have. They got overbred and poorly bred by a lot of back yard breeders and puppy mills, so the perception that Chocolate labs are more energetic is merely perpetuated by the fact that the Chocolates most people have experience with... were bred only for their color, not for temperament, not for health and not for any other reason aside from the fact that they were chocolate.

Yeah, I know, it's stupid... but it's the truth.

Mugen's parents were sooo laid back and eager to please that I was happy to purchase a puppy from their litter. He will not be any more hyper than any other Lab I have owned, in fact, it is very likely that he will be LESS hyper than most other Labs because he's an English bred dog and the Lab that most people have become familiar with are American dogs from field lines. Field dogs are taller and leaner and have more energy than English dogs, which are shorter, but stockier and less high strung.

But I do relate to what you've said about your Lab mix. Labs keep their "puppy bounce" for their entire lives. A Labrador Retriever doesn't actually reach maturity until they are 3 years old. They don't finish growing completely for 2 years. They'll attain MOST of their size in one year, but they will finish growing into their feet and fill out their bone structure during that second year, so it's important to maintain a high protein diet of good fats in order to promote healthy growth.

What my husband and I love about Labs is that they never stop being cute. They never stop being sweet. They never stop being puppies on the inside.
Well said! I have also done alot of research on Lab of all colors and heard the same about chocolates.
Labs of any color and the best temperment in my eyes and great dog in general. My yellow is a very smart girl and is always willing to please, she has her "jobs" every day, getting the mail, paper and delivering items to my husband and I like the hair brush in the mornings and on and on. I think we bore her sometime with her intelligence!

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:43 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Yeah gem!! You did it!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

gee can anyone tell I'm happy???
And a Big Thank you to all my freebie friends for the support of this sage!!! Thanks guys couldn't have done it with out all of you!

Old 08-12-2009 | 06:53 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey X how you feeling today?

Old 08-12-2009 | 07:44 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I LOVE PUPPIES, that reminds me of my Thistle all cute and fuzzy so happy eating my drapes too!!!
I'm so happy for you, almost make me want to get another, ALMOST!
Hubby and I have a Rule that solves this problem...we only have 2 hands, therefore we can only have 2 Dogs!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 07:51 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Wooo Hooo!! GEMS A FREEBIE...GEMS A FREEBIE!!! Ok, Gem professional or NOT did you "Fly the Bird" when you left??!!
Kick the Dog in the Chops??!! Tell the Owner's where they could go??!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 08:00 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Totally off topic here... ( does that surprise ANYONE!!!>>>>????)
Don't you just hate it when you get on your favorite forum/thread and reread what you posted a day or two before and see that it is loaded with typos?

Or? Am I the only one who types on the fly and does this?? Some of you all NEVER make mistakes!!

GEMGIRL? Did Cujo's parents take you out for a going away dinner?? Or are YOU the dinner?? hahahahahah

Thanks for sending me your cell #, I don't think I had it. I PM'd you mine also!!

RG - Mugen sounds like-------- a puppy,,, any puppy,,, any puppy with puppy energy and puppy teeth. Do me a favor and please lean down and take in a big ol sniff of puppy breath for me?? I love that smell more than anything in the world,, except maybe horse manure?? and horse breath?
Oh! And am I nuts but does anyone else love the "clean" smell of their spouses sweat? Clean meaning fresh sweat, not stanky stale sweat?

Anyways, I digress, RG.. your puppy sounds awesome,, they are a handful,, sometimes I would look at our 2 pups and tell them how they were supposed to ENHANCE my life not degrade it!! hahahah

Awfully quiet in Florida, isn't it????
typos???????? who me????????? always, sometimes I just got too tired to correct!
Ok so never thought I would say this but Cab do you realize you just posted on a National Thread that you like the smell of horse manure, horse breath and sweat??? HUM! You are brave girl
You crack me up!

Old 08-12-2009 | 08:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Wooo Hooo!! GEMS A FREEBIE...GEMS A FREEBIE!!! Ok, Gem professional or NOT did you "Fly the Bird" when you left??!!
Kick the Dog in the Chops??!! Tell the Owner's where they could go??!!
I could NEVER kick a dog, OWNERS YES but never an animal... with that said, I tried to kick the owner but she growled!!! joking!

Nope everyone was in a meeting so I just pack up my tissue box and my coffee mug and quietly left!
Just gone... no fan fare, but I think the sound of my car tearing out of the parking lot did make me smile even more!!!!

Old 08-12-2009 | 08:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok big day tomorrow, HAVING SOME FUN AND MEETING MY FREEBIE FRIENDS - so turning in now....
hope Mugen gets some rest tonight!!! NIGHT MUGEN!
and everyone else!!!!

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:24 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Will catch some of you classy MINIacs at Chili's in King of Prussia later. I'll be wearing a CROC tee-shirt. One likes to coordinate you know.

Old 08-13-2009 | 04:53 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Morning Freebies!!!
Hey where is everyone? Come on I'm home today for a very short window.
I'm talking to myself this morning!!

Old 08-13-2009 | 05:06 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning <yawn> Gem. I'm up... sort of...

Old 08-13-2009 | 07:39 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! I'm doing much better today - I even packed a "normal" (ok, normal for ME) lunch in the hopes I can do it! I have discovered a disgustingly addictive new snack - Premium Saltine MINIS!!!! They're the tiny version of the old-fashioned saltine cracker...and for some reason, they're addicting. I think it's the salt.

ANyway...Looks like I'll be headed to Philly on Monday the 31st of August. Gem, Cab: can we do dinner that night? My boss and I should be up there by dinner time. Ish. I probably ought to try and see both my cousins the night of the 1st. I just found out the meeting we're attending is supposed to finish by noon on the 2nd - I'm not sure if I can convince the boss to stay one more night or not!

Hope ya'll have a good day.

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:11 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Mugen slept okay, he has giardia and woke up at 3 am to go out and again at 6:30 to go out... and then he had to go out again and again and again. He has started asking to go out after the third trip outside this morning... I didn't expect him to get sick and end up house breaking himself. *sigh* Poor baby.

Treatment *runs* for a week (I couldn't resist)... this is going to be a LONG week.

He is finally asleep and NOW I have time to eat my breakfast...

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:18 AM
miniola
6th Gear
typos???????? who me????????? always, sometimes I just got too tired to correct!
Ok so never thought I would say this but Cab do you realize you just posted on a National Thread that you like the smell of horse manure, horse breath and sweat??? HUM! You are brave girl
You crack me up!
Ummm... yeah. Cab *sweetie* you had me with the "puppy breath" but you SO lost me at the horse manure. And as for sweaty mates... well... maybe that's my problem. If he doesn't smell like soap/detergent and pit stick... well... I have a problem.Maybe I really need to find a new husband? I wonder if they have that sweat criteria on E-Harmony? The sniff test?

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:23 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I could NEVER kick a dog, OWNERS YES but never an animal... with that said, I tried to kick the owner but she growled!!! joking!

Nope everyone was in a meeting so I just pack up my tissue box and my coffee mug and quietly left!
Just gone... no fan fare, but I think the sound of my car tearing out of the parking lot did make me smile even more!!!!
Did you leave skid marks in the parking lot?

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:31 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Ummm... yeah. Cab *sweetie* you had me with the "puppy breath" but you SO lost me at the horse manure. And as for sweaty mates... well... maybe that's my problem. If he doesn't smell like soap/detergent and pit stick... well... I have a problem.Maybe I really need to find a new husband? I wonder if they have that sweat criteria on E-Harmony? The sniff test?
YOU are TOO MUCH, 'Ola. Poor Mr. Smokey - it's not HIS fault you've got a supersmeller!!!!

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:31 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Dragoon
Will catch some of you classy MINIacs at Chili's in King of Prussia later. I'll be wearing a CROC tee-shirt. One likes to coordinate you know.
Have fun at your Chili's meet guys!

The un-classy MINIac is still in Florida!

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:37 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
ROFLMAO!

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:41 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
LOL!!

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:45 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Mugen slept okay, he has giardia and woke up at 3 am to go out and again at 6:30 to go out... and then he had to go out again and again and again. He has started asking to go out after the third trip outside this morning... I didn't expect him to get sick and end up house breaking himself. *sigh* Poor baby.

Treatment *runs* for a week (I couldn't resist)... this is going to be a LONG week.

He is finally asleep and NOW I have time to eat my breakfast...

RG? What is Giardia? Is that like tummy problems?? and Pooey's?

I thot giardia was reflux? Whatever it is, I am sorry that poor little puppy monster is under the weather...

Old 08-13-2009 | 09:59 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay,,, okay,, so I am weird, but I love all smells of a horse... seriously!!
And I rather do like the "clean" smell of a guy but it is a clean sweat,,, right??

I mainly posted that becasue I figured either Ola was on her way up to visit us or she would stay silent and make us THINK she was on her way and I knew I had to post something extreme to "flush" her out...

I am just starting with my last client before going out to meet our Freeb's group,, well part of our Freebs group. Sure wish you all could be here for the mini meetup...

Surely there is one more in this group that likes clean sweat smells on their mate???

Old 08-13-2009 | 10:17 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Okay,,, okay,, so I am weird, but I love all smells of a horse... seriously!!
And I rather do like the "clean" smell of a guy but it is a clean sweat,,, right??

I mainly posted that becasue I figured either Ola was on her way up to visit us or she would stay silent and make us THINK she was on her way and I knew I had to post something extreme to "flush" her out...

I am just starting with my last client before going out to meet our Freeb's group,, well part of our Freebs group. Sure wish you all could be here for the mini meetup...

Surely there is one more in this group that likes clean sweat smells on their mate???
DON'T use me as your scapegoat!

Old 08-13-2009 | 10:21 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
YOU are TOO MUCH, 'Ola. Poor Mr. Smokey - it's not HIS fault you've got a supersmeller!!!!
Ahhhh yes... POOR POOR Mr. Smokey.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...