Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009 | 08:59 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
-------seriously, Ola,,,, does this look like a goat to you???? grin
Dahling, of COURSE you are my scapegoat,,,, I really did want to flush you out. I am actually disappointed though,, I was so hoping you would show up tonight!!
I couldn't find a goat.

< So THIS pretty pony was reppin' for all the horse manure lovin' peeps out there.

I wish I could have gone up there too guys ... but I think that driving 17+ hours ONE WAY to go to Chili's for a couple of hours would make me seem "CRAZY" (er). I was mostly funnin' with you guys since you were basically almost posting coordinates to where your meeting would be. And you KNOW what happens when COORDINATES get posted. Never know WHO might show up!

Old 08-14-2009 | 09:01 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
... and while waiting, Ola I saw a red mini and thought "oh no she didn't"! but Cab corrected me and said you would drive the pepper white, not the red if you did come!
THAT is FUNNY!

Old 08-14-2009 | 09:06 AM
miniola
6th Gear
ok let's see if this works- it's a little far, but we were all standing next to our MINI's and can you believe that is the only photo I have.... sorry...
from right to left. Red dragoon and family, TN, Cab, Gem, and 04MINI
Cab looks like she's about to get somethin' started. *imagine Michael Jackson's "BAD"* "You know I'm BAD, I'M bad... you know it... ya KNOW!"

Looks like y'all had a great time with your MINI posse. For some reason though... RD's wifey looks familiar to me.

Old 08-14-2009 | 09:14 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Uhoh,, our date sounds awesome!! Hhmmm,, Gem, surely we can find a place that is fairly close to Philly to help Uhoh out?

Uhoh, I was thinking about Kiki last night too!!! Was wondering where she is,,,etc. etc. we will have to search for her and see if she's posting anywhere else and entice her back to the Freeb's corner!!

Let's see if the pics work now???????????
So these are the pics from "hub of Cab"?

What?!? No eyebrow/eye/forehead shots? Geez!!

Now that I can actually SEE the faces of you guys... RD's wifey doesn't look familiar anymore.

Old 08-14-2009 | 11:43 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I couldn't find a goat.

< So THIS pretty pony was reppin' for all the horse manure lovin' peeps out there.

I wish I could have gone up there too guys ... but I think that driving 17+ hours ONE WAY to go to Chili's for a couple of hours would make me seem "CRAZY" (er). I was mostly funnin' with you guys since you were basically almost posting coordinates to where your meeting would be. And you KNOW what happens when COORDINATES get posted. Never know WHO might show up!

Ola, I love your little hossey,, it's like he is bouncing along saying "Giddee up!

Old 08-14-2009 | 11:57 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
The mini MINI meetup Line up

Sure wish Mocha Latte was in this line up!! But I do understand the logistics, Tn!!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-mini-line-up-2.bmp  
Old 08-14-2009 | 01:30 PM
o4amini
6th Gear
Pokes head in and waves Hi! Great to meet you all yesterday. We must do it again!

Old 08-14-2009 | 02:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by o4amini
Pokes head in and waves Hi! Great to meet you all yesterday. We must do it again!

Hi 04amini!!!!! It was so great to meet you, please don't be a stranger on the Freebs thread??

Old 08-14-2009 | 03:24 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Cab looks like she's about to get somethin' started. *imagine Michael Jackson's "BAD"* "You know I'm BAD, I'M bad... you know it... ya KNOW!"

Looks like y'all had a great time with your MINI posse. For some reason though... RD's wifey looks familiar to me.
Well, Ola, hubby was snapping all of the pics and I was probably really sassing him,,LOL so basically you are right!

Old 08-14-2009 | 07:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Cab yes if hubby can come with we can find somehting closer , he can drive Nugget so X won't have to drive as far...
Mr. Cab. GREAT SHOTS!!!!!!!!! THANKS, Cab could you ask hubby to email some of hte other shots of my bling please... do you have my personal email? I can PM it to you.
04MINI, Hey welcome and stay a while, we don't bit, well most of us don't anyway.

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:29 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Good morning freebies! You will note that it is 7:30 am on the west coast on a Saturday morning and I... am awake.

Mugen does not know the meaning of "Saturday" but I promise you, he shall learn.

Old 08-15-2009 | 11:46 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Just sayin' "hi".

And Cab- you have permission for sassing!

RG- Funny how pets are alarm clocks, 'eh? Too bad they don't have the calendar thing figured out yet.

Last night I had to do a "sleep study". I'm going to have to get one of those friggin' Darth Vader masks. "LUKE... I am your FATHER!"

Old 08-15-2009 | 02:09 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Last night I had to do a "sleep study". I'm going to have to get one of those friggin' Darth Vader masks. "LUKE... I am your FATHER!"
Welcome to the world of sleep apnea!

Deb and I both have had to put up with the portable air compressors for several years now. Once you get used to it (should take ant wheres from 2 weeks to a couple of months) you won't believe how good you'll sleep. I used to snore SOOO loud I would wake myself up and could still hear the sound echoing around the house.

Old 08-15-2009 | 06:40 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
pics as promised.

Found a pic from around 1994. I'm the kid on the right.

I found one from my first year out of HS (if that counts?). I still have the same Jeep over 11 years later!

And the current pic is from my last trip to my field offices. Some of you probably have seen this one already - I was having issues catching a flight back home, so the crew out there thought about putting me on a freight plane.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-scan10003resized.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-xj7_jpg.jpg  

Last edited by AKIndiMini; 08-15-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Found a pic from HS...
Old 08-15-2009 | 06:45 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ola,,, you are too funny!1 I agree with what Hal said. I have been begging hubby to go for a sleep study for years now. I literally can watch and hear him stop breathing for waaaay too long of a period of time.

I will be interested in hearing how long it takes you to adjust. And if it makes a difference in how you feel. I hear REALLY positive stuff about that Darth Vador mask,, grrr makes me frustrated with hubby all over again!!

and since I have permission to "sass" heh heh heh

Gem- Yes, hubby will email you those pictures, he is away til tomorrow night - he is certifying 6 student in Open Water Scuba and it takes 2 full days of testing. I am going up tomorrow am to snag some sun and blow a few bubbles myself!!
PM me your email addy and we will get working on it ASAP ( next week, that is!)

Old 08-15-2009 | 06:51 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Found a pic from around 1994. I'm the kid on the right.

I found one from my first year out of HS (if that counts?). I still have the same Jeep over 11 years later!

And the current pic is from my last trip to my field offices. Some of you probably have seen this one already - I was having issues catching a flight back home, so the crew out there thought about putting me on a freight plane.

Both pictures are great!! For different reasons,, Darrne you look like a little baby faced boy in that jeep shot. And I love your humor in the frieght shot. Ahhhh,,, you fit right in here,,,,, good job!!

Old 08-15-2009 | 06:52 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
PS, I love the vista behind the jeep... beautiful!

Old 08-15-2009 | 06:56 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I got my new Mini today!!! I love it.

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:11 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
AK- love the shots - I agree with Cab, you look like a baby face!!! So I think it will do, OLA you the final judge!

Hubby had major problems snoring and almost had surgery until he got divorced from his ex.... yeah that came out wrong!!! Turns out he was very allergic to cats and ex had many.
He no longer snores. but I do agree with you Cab sometime I can here him stop breathing, once I hear that I can't sleep thinking he won't start breathing again! Frightening silence!

OLA, keep us informed on how you do.

MINIxB, NEW MINI, WHAT DID I MISS? PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES....HELLO.....

Hi to all, I'm tired and going to bed early just got back from an all day long picnic. Beautiful day today!!!

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:39 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
AK- love the shots - I agree with Cab, you look like a baby face!!! So I think it will do, OLA you the final judge!
Um, thanks? Sometimes I wish I could look a bit older. There have been a few times where the cops have stopped me on some of my late night walks - reason? They thought I was underage and breaking the curfew law that's in effect during the school season!!!

MINIxB, NEW MINI, WHAT DID I MISS? PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES....HELLO.....
+1 We want to see pics!!!!

Old 08-15-2009 | 09:11 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I couldn't find a goat.

I was mostly funnin' with you guys since you were basically almost posting coordinates to where your meeting would be. And you KNOW what happens when COORDINATES get posted. Never know WHO might show up!

UH... do you mean that red mini that Gem saw could have been... APPLE???

EEEEEEKKKKK

Old 08-15-2009 | 09:18 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Xb- congrats on the new mini... that's da bomb! Big D, you are... well... there's a reason why you got so much applause in the hunks in minis thread...
And Hal and all who are wearing or about to wear the sleep apnea masks, my mom wears one and hte first time I saw her in it I laughed and said, Mom, you look like the bastard lovechild from the union of a Space Alien and a Vacuum Cleaner...

She wasn't amused :P

Old 08-15-2009 | 10:17 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
I've only got one picture of it right now. Haven't stopped driving it long enough to take more. I will get more tomorrow hopefully if it doesn't rain too much... It's a cell phone picture but it works....

Name:  mymini.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  78.8 KB

Oh I forgot specs: Lightening Blue/White Cooper S with cold weather, premium, armrest and rubber floor mats. I love him. Got him with 6 miles on him and now has over 100. Hadn't stopped motoring except to feed our dogs since I got him...of course until I had to come home and try to go to sleep which isn't working very well right now because I keep thinking about my new car....

Old 08-16-2009 | 04:48 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
UH... do you mean that red mini that Gem saw could have been... APPLE???

EEEEEEKKKKK

RUNNNNNNNNNNNN....

Old 08-16-2009 | 04:58 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
MINIxB - BEAUTIFUL CAR BEAUTIFUL!!! ENJOY !!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...