Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 08:04 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
have fun cab!

x: you have GOT to be kidding me!

Good morning freebies!

Old 08-26-2009 | 12:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X- what part of Philly will you be? My husband is trying to plan for our outing so you won't have to drive crazy distances...

Old 08-26-2009 | 12:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
X- what part of Philly will you be? My husband is trying to plan for our outing so you won't have to drive crazy distances...
We're staying at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue...? We'll probably have to check in first, so that's where we'll be basing out of...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Old 08-26-2009 | 12:43 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I REALLY want to go on a road trip.

Old 08-26-2009 | 12:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks for the quick response X -
Ola - again I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!

Old 08-26-2009 | 12:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
DON'T DOUBLE DOG DARE!! Naughty lady.

Old 08-27-2009 | 11:56 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs.

Old 08-27-2009 | 12:31 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Heya there x

Old 08-27-2009 | 01:04 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy ho Freebs!

Old 08-27-2009 | 02:50 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Puppy pic for the freebs! Hola everyone!

Old 08-27-2009 | 04:01 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hiya there, RG!

Can't see the puppy pic from here (blocked) so will have to check it out when I get home.

How's it going??

Old 08-27-2009 | 04:56 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Pretty puppy, RG!!!

Hia Darren! Nice to "see" you. Hope work is going OK for you today. And going fast!

Cab, Gem - my dear friend o4amini says the hotel is near KoP...is that convenient for both of you, too?

So I feel slightly gratified at the expense of our house security system...I know for a fact it works. I knew this at 0330 this morning when it went off and just about gave me a heart attack. Hubband doesn't wake up well quickly...so he was running back and forth down the hallway between his alarm clock and the front door (the panel is closer to the front door, but not THERE!) He would have been amusing to watch, except I was too busy trying to wake up fast, hear the ADT guy over the phone despite the ear-splitting/heart-stopping alarm, while following directions, and dodging the darting hubband. I got the infernal noise stopped...and throughout the day, the security company kept calling me to verify the signals they received were not actual attempts to break into the house. But we are GOING to have to work on hubband's wake up ability.

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Cab, Gem - my dear friend o4amini says the hotel is near KoP...is that convenient for both of you, too?

So I feel slightly gratified at the expense of our house security system...I know for a fact it works. I knew this at 0330 this morning when it went off and just about gave me a heart attack. Hubband doesn't wake up well quickly...so he was running back and forth down the hallway between his alarm clock and the front door (the panel is closer to the front door, but not THERE!) He would have been amusing to watch, except I was too busy trying to wake up fast, hear the ADT guy over the phone despite the ear-splitting/heart-stopping alarm, while following directions, and dodging the darting hubband. I got the infernal noise stopped...and throughout the day, the security company kept calling me to verify the signals they received were not actual attempts to break into the house. But we are GOING to have to work on hubband's wake up ability.
X- not to worry, Cab and I (and hubbies)have been planning you incoming visit! Ok so the big question is.... would it be better for you for us to meet you at your hotel? there is some places to eat in the neighborhood for us to meet. How do you feel about that?

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RG - OMG he is really adorable!
I was reading your blog, and just wanted to share what worked for me when my princess pup was going through the teething stage....
I seriously bought a case of nyla bones! they are puppy safe and I through them all over the house. so when she wanted to chew anything there was literally about 20 bones all over the floor.
I can proudly say that no furniture or shoes or people were harmed during that trying time! GOOD LUCK! and keep posting pictures!

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:15 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
RG - nice pic of the cute puppy!

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:28 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
By hte way X- that is a funny story about the alarm system... i'm sure not funny at 0330!!!
Simular thing happened to us, BUT hubby installed a system all throught out the house that lights go on by sensor or remote. so one night very early morning I heard a noise and so I poked hubby and my fearless pup just in bed next to me! Hubby rolls over reaches in the night stand (holy crap when did he buy a gun ) he pulls out the remote and turns on every single light in hte house, mumbles "well they should be gone now" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep!!!!!
After he picked himself off the floor because my foot prints were on his back, he went downstairs to find an electronic game had started talking!!

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:29 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi AK how are you?
where is everyone???????

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:34 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hey gem

I'm doing fairly well, now that I'm home from work. The weather is kinda crappy, so I'm just lounging out here. I'm still half tempted to go fishing... *shrug*

How are you?

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:44 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Doing great! Weather is good here, we were supposed to have rain all day but it didn't do anything, which is fine...

Fishing??? hum, ice fishing?

Old 08-27-2009 | 06:46 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
lol, no...

Might drive over to one of the rivers and fish there...or maybe go back to the bay and fish from shore (like I did yesterday)...

Old 08-27-2009 | 07:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
AHHHHH, well sounds like you should go fishing then!

Old 08-27-2009 | 08:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
We're staying at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue...? We'll probably have to check in first, so that's where we'll be basing out of...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Okay,,, I am HOME AGAIN!!! I had a wonderful visit with my son and his family and we did some fun stuff.. it was hard to leave them but it is good to return and see our pups and the homestead.

Uhoh!! OMG you are on the outskirts of Philly actually. And you are fairly close to Kof P but the problem will be that the route that you would take is Rt. 76 and it will be crazy congested at dinner time. It is notorious for it's congestion, just ask Tnmm!

You are very close to Belmont Ave. It is a corner street by a shopping center with Lord and Taylors on the corner and another Chili's right on the Belmont and city Line Ave intersection. ( that is the chain where we met with Red Dragoon and Tnmm and mini04) I actually can see it on the map that Hilton provides-- it looks pretty darn close to your Hilton home away from home.
They have decent drinks, and good appetizers and food. Or we can do as Gem suggested and just hang at the rest./bar at your hotel?

Gem, if your hubby was raised around that area, maybe he knows some of the ways to get there that wouldn't involve the heavy traffic- and interestingly enough that above mentioned Belmont Ave will take you right into Manyunk-- just about a 10 minute drive from City Line Ave. And while I can't think of a name of a restaurant there we could meet there and walk a few blocks and find a great tappy or restaurant for sure. It is a really quirky little town. Very cool.

Or,,, we actually could meet up at the Hilton and caravan to some place all together. Whatever works. I am sorry that I was non existant and not so helpful with the planning. I signed on a couple times daily but it was very quickly to get maps and info for some of our sightseeing adventures. And who wants to be on the computer when he/she has adorable grandkids- aged 3 and 4 to play with????
The 31st will be fun. Red Dragoon are you still planning on attending?
And what time should we shoot for? I won't finish my work day until 5:30 or so. Maybe we can make it a 6:30 meetup? Or even 7 pm,, if we dare??

So I hope I haven't confused you all with my details.

If you beg me enough I wll even bring along some pictures of my grandkids

Old 08-27-2009 | 08:54 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So it looks like all the lights are out.

I was thinking of posting earlier but I didn't want to be "Debbie Downer". Tonight is kind of sucky.

Since last night my cat Josie has been in a bad place... but really bad tonight. Remember when she was supposed to die last September? We were told to spend the weekend with her. Well, we got to keep her for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's and on. Just about a week ago... we were talking about how crazy it was that we still had her. I've been able to spend lots of time with her and in recent months she's been more loving than she's been in most of her life.

In the past few days I noticed that she didn't want her canned food at night. I figured that I must keep picking the wrong flavor. Anyway... that's not the problem. She is dying.

I gave her a couple of doses of antibiotics tonight and also some Sub-Q's last night and tonight. Kind of a last ditch effort to do "something". I know her kidneys are gone and I feel glad that we were able to keep her around for such a long period of time. But it's still pretty sad. I don't think she will be alive tomorrow. If she is... I will probably have to take her to the Vet and put her to sleep.

She's resting comfortably on a heating pad near the water. She tries to stand but she can't... she doesn't have the strength.

*Geez Cab- Sorry for my bummer story. I didn't know anyone was on. I'm glad you had fun with your grandkids.

Last edited by miniola; 08-27-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2009 | 09:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Puppy pic for the freebs! Hola everyone!

Those puppy eyes are beautiful!

Old 08-27-2009 | 09:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Pretty puppy, RG!!!

Hia Darren! Nice to "see" you. Hope work is going OK for you today. And going fast!

THAT would have been an awesome video to see! So what was wrong? Why was it going off like that? Bad wiring or something?

Last edited by miniola; 08-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...