Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009 | 11:31 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
I wonder if that skin thing isn't due to some weird allergen in this state... Reilly would get horrible dry skin patches and Mugen is starting to get them on his feet. At first I thought it was the lawn fertilizer, but then I remembered that they don't treat my back yard and Mugen doesn't go out front. Now I'm wondering if it isn't something in the weather or some plant or something...

Does your vet know what caused it?

Old 08-29-2009 | 11:34 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Oh and Ola... *big, big hugs*
Thanks.

Old 08-29-2009 | 05:27 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I wonder if that skin thing isn't due to some weird allergen in this state... Reilly would get horrible dry skin patches and Mugen is starting to get them on his feet. At first I thought it was the lawn fertilizer, but then I remembered that they don't treat my back yard and Mugen doesn't go out front. Now I'm wondering if it isn't something in the weather or some plant or something...

Does your vet know what caused it?
Rosey's was the worst, we had no idea anything was even wrong. Turned out to be a really bad Yeast infection. Ears, red and scaly, skin blotchy red, not itchy just red, red, red, red. Vet gave us ear meds. and a shampoo, after just one bath she was fine.

Sadie had dry skin, but her ears were the worst, we have to keep an eye on them to make sure they stay clean.

We carry Banield Pet Insurance on both of them. It's been great, because we don't pay for office visits, just meds and procedures.

Old 08-29-2009 | 06:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Dogs are about as huge a part of my life as my MINI.
+1

Old 08-29-2009 | 06:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Thank you to all my Freebie Friends for the support and virtual hugs... meansalot.

I stayed up with Josie until about 5:30 this morning. I couldn't believe she made it through the night. I was hopeful that she would just quietly pass in her sleep... but she didn't. I have set up the appointment for 5:45 tonight.

I know that you guys understand and I appreciate the sharing of stories. I think the worst part is the "should I do it" or "shouldn't I"? Something we all feel. Around 8:30 this morning she was walking around ... and that's when that doubt sets in.

So you guys are going to meet at that same Chili's? Someone's going to start thinking it's a MINI Rally! I think this means that you will all have surpassed my Freebie Meeter Contest! Who's ahead now?

Ola, I would imagine that you are still in the lead (or possibly Tnmm), I did the count and after meeting Sarah I will have 6 notches on my belt.

Old 08-29-2009 | 09:19 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
So, let's count up...
I've met, on this thread:

Sarah
Hal
Cab
Gem
and now 04amini (who poked her sweet head in to say howdy)-

but if we're talking NAM people in general.. well, then I've got a lot of peeps to count.. Red Dragoon met us all in Philly (altho I had met him and a gadzillion others at the Dragon), and I met up with Wandrur in Colorado and Lady Godiva in North Carolina (altho, again, I met her at the Dragon)...

Ya know, if Ola isn't going to come to us... we may have to go to her- anyone for a road trip???

Old 08-30-2009 | 04:29 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Oh, I'm in the back of the pack.
I have met

Cab
TN
Red Dragon

and by tomorrow night X

that is only 4 points for me. Wait can I count Mr.Cab as 5???

Old 08-30-2009 | 04:33 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OLA How can we meet???????
a couple times a year (although might not make it this year) we drive to NC to see the sister, next time we drive there I will let you know.... maybe.... hum..... could it be.....?????????

Old 08-30-2009 | 10:59 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Ola, I would imagine that you are still in the lead (or possibly Tnmm), I did the count and after meeting Sarah I will have 6 notches on my belt.
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
So, let's count up...
I've met, on this thread:

Sarah
Hal
Cab
Gem
and now 04amini (who poked her sweet head in to say howdy)-

but if we're talking NAM people in general.. well, then I've got a lot of peeps to count.. Red Dragoon met us all in Philly (altho I had met him and a gadzillion others at the Dragon), and I met up with Wandrur in Colorado and Lady Godiva in North Carolina (altho, again, I met her at the Dragon)...

Ya know, if Ola isn't going to come to us... we may have to go to her- anyone for a road trip???
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I have met

Cab
TN
Red Dragon

and by tomorrow night X

REALLY now... Cab's counting NOTCHES in her BELT?!?!

TNMM is counting one sweet head poker inner??? (that sounds funny)

AND GEM WANTS "MR. CAB" TO COUNT??? GEEZ!!!

(YES... that is a giant MOON line... with LOVE of course *grumble grumble*)

Technically speaking... I think I am out of the running. I have TWO. But anyway... I'm all about QUALITY not QUANTITY.

One word... (or at least a bunch of letters that don't spell anything )... MSSD.

I would imagine that some of you would want to find your way 'round these parts in say January/February when you're totally freezin' your kahunas off.

Alright... well I'm going to float in my pool now. I need some tan.

Old 08-30-2009 | 04:53 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear

REALLY now... Cab's counting NOTCHES in her BELT?!?!

Last time I counted notches in my belt, it was with the horrifying realization that I was running OUT of notches in my belt... and I had to get another belt.

TNMM is counting one sweet head poker inner??? (that sounds funny)

Uh... Ola... this really... REALLY sounds bad!
AND GEM WANTS "MR. CAB" TO COUNT??? GEEZ!!!

Hey, if Gem gets Mr. Cab, so do I! But juries out if Cab gets Mr. Cab... uh, hmmm, Ola, are you aware you might be responsible for the Cab Family Discord?

(YES... that is a giant MOON line... with LOVE of course *grumble grumble*)

Moon over Florida, eh?

Technically speaking... I think I am out of the running. I have TWO. But anyway... I'm all about QUALITY not QUANTITY.

One word... (or at least a bunch of letters that don't spell anything )... MSSD.

Mineola Sings Sweet Defeat?

I would imagine that some of you would want to find your way 'round these parts in say January/February when you're totally freezin' your kahunas off.

***** said the Queen, if I had them I'd be King!

Alright... well I'm going to float in my pool now. I need some tan.

Old 08-30-2009 | 05:13 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Ola, are you aware you might be responsible for the Cab Family Discord?
Cab Family Discord? Apparently I am unaware of any responsibility. Is intervention in order?

Old 08-30-2009 | 05:20 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Cab Family Discord? Apparently I am unaware of any responsibility. Is intervention in order?
Oh, there isn't any *yet*... but there maybe if both Gem & I start fighting over Mr. Cab...

Old 08-30-2009 | 05:28 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh good.

My guess is that Cab won't mind too much if you two split him in half. But what do I know. Nuthin'.

WAIT... here ya' go

Old 08-30-2009 | 06:34 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
OLA - Sorry to hear about your cat. We lost Budd, our first cat after Deb and I got married. He developed kidney problems also. It's odd how those four-legged kids get into your life and hearts. It took four cats to take his place after he passed away.

You'll be able to add another notch to your belt in November when we come down to St. Pete for Thanksgiving.

Will you be available on Friday to meet up for a meal like we talked about earlier?

Old 08-31-2009 | 04:04 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Greetings Classy Motorers

Had a wonderful time in Niagara-on-the-Lake last week in Canada. A picturesque quaint town; saw two George Bernard Shaw plays: "In Good King Charles's Golden Days" and "The Devil's Disciple" which were excellent.

And I bought a model of a Classic Mini - chili red with the Union Jack on the roof and doors.

Happy to be back and missed you all.

Old 08-31-2009 | 07:41 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Greetings Freebs. TOUGH weekend. Fun family wedding, but i really AM convinced I've spent more than half my life traveling, and not the nice ocean-liner-cruise-and-relaxation kind...

Notches!!

TNMM
Red Dragoon
Miniola
Hal (and Mrs. Hal!)
MacLeod aka Ditch Diva (- If somebody snuck in once, they count, right?)

Soon:
Cab (and Mr. Cab!)
Gem
o4amini

Lessee....I think I missed somebody. ?

ANYway...I'll be heading up to Philly pretty soon!

Old 08-31-2009 | 09:08 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I have met

Cab
TN
Red Dragon

and by tomorrow night X

Gem, sweetie,, you met 04amini, just like I did-- you are up to 6 after tonight too!! No,,, you and Tnmm CANNOT be fighting over Mr. Cab!! He just isn't worth it!! plus he isn't a member of our Freebies Thread....wait, I guess counting 04amini makes you at 5..... heh heh heh

Ola, why am I not surprised that you liked(?) the notches on the belt comment???? I will have to discuss with you a potential return to Fla.....

Uhoh,,, the time is drawing nearer!!

Last edited by cabwy; 08-31-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2009 | 08:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
OLA - Sorry to hear about your cat. We lost Budd, our first cat after Deb and I got married. He developed kidney problems also. It's odd how those four-legged kids get into your life and hearts. It took four cats to take his place after he passed away.

You'll be able to add another notch to your belt in November when we come down to St. Pete for Thanksgiving.

Will you be available on Friday to meet up for a meal like we talked about earlier?
Thanks Hal. It does suck to lose them.

I think we will probably be around that Friday. I'm not 100% positive... but I think we will be.

Old 08-31-2009 | 08:06 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Well-- the mini MINI meetup in Philly was a big success.
Gem and hubby, plus me and my hubby got to meet Uhoh today and she is just like I had pictured her.!! Except she looks soooo young! She has this impish Irish glint in her eyes,,, very hard not to smaile when she is around.

I like this meeting of the Freeb's .... great fun!!

Will try to get a photo up tomorrow. nighty night all....

Old 08-31-2009 | 08:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Ola, why am I not surprised that you liked(?) the notches on the belt comment???? I will have to discuss with you a potential return to Fla.....
CAB! I tried to crash your party. UHOH just sent me a message and said she told you. Glad you guys had fun.

As for WHY you would think I would like the "notch in the belt thing"??? Well... my guess is that it's because you know me.

Oh yeah, and when are you thinking of coming to FL again? Sooner or Later? February really is a great time of year.

Last edited by miniola; 08-31-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2009 | 06:12 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
great fun!!!!
X you are a sweetheart!!!!
We had a great time. Very good food, and on the way home hubby looks at me and says "I really like Mr .and Mrs. Cab!"

Thanks X for making time for us!!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:29 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
CAB! I tried to crash your party. UHOH just sent me a message and said she told you. Glad you guys had fun.

As for WHY you would think I would like the "notch in the belt thing"??? Well... my guess is that it's because you know me.

Oh yeah, and when are you thinking of coming to FL again? Sooner or Later? February really is a great time of year.
Ola, hon, I wish you could have REALLY crashed our party.....you would have been a great addition to the fun
From the sounds of it, you seem to have a nice roomy house- maybe we gals should all do a road trip and spend a couple days with you?? (this is probably the face you are making right now reading this)
It was a great night and hey Gem,,, that is a nice compliment coming from your hub!!
Sooo glad we got it to all work out, poor UhOh had a rough time getting into Philly and was exhausted/frazzled but a good meal and visiting snapped her out of it. UhOh's boss friend- Chris was a nice addition to our group too,, what a good sport!

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:38 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Here we are!!

Sarah- Carol- Jo or UhOh- Cabwy- Gemgirl

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-sara-jo-and-carol.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009 | 08:18 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
ok update-
Cab
TN

Red Dragon
04mini (forgot to add her earlier)
X

I'VE GOT 5!!!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 08:23 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Oh when we left the dinner last night, my "check engine" light came on.
what a bummer way to end a great mini meet... This morning driving to work it was still on so *orders to hubby* call the dealership and see what is going on.
when I got to work my boss asked did you get gas recently? I said not for a few days, she said go check you gas cap and make sure it is on tight. I unloosed it and put it back on and started the engine and light went off!!!

Helpful hint to all, in the book it states the light means problem with emission filter going bad (or something to that effect). I guess the cap wasn't tight and it was leaking fumes.
ALL FIXED AND HAPPY AGAIN... No need to go to the dealer!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...