Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009 | 10:29 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Ola, hon, I wish you could have REALLY crashed our party.....you would have been a great addition to the fun
From the sounds of it, you seem to have a nice roomy house- maybe we gals should all do a road trip and spend a couple days with you?? (this is probably the face you are making right now reading this)
It was a great night and hey Gem,,, that is a nice compliment coming from your hub!!
Sooo glad we got it to all work out, poor UhOh had a rough time getting into Philly and was exhausted/frazzled but a good meal and visiting snapped her out of it. UhOh's boss friend- Chris was a nice addition to our group too,, what a good sport!
me too.

As for y'all coming down THIS way... ummm... I have TWO bedrooms... both filled with SHtuff. I would need LOTS of notice.

Old 09-01-2009 | 11:49 AM
miniola
6th Gear

Obviously I suck at Photoshop!Had to go "old school"... cut and TAPE!

Boy we had a GREAT time at Chili's!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 12:17 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

Obviously I suck at Photoshop!Had to go "old school"... cut and TAPE!

Boy we had a GREAT time at Chili's!!
THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!

pssssssttttttt -we didn't go to chilis, we went to brewery house, shhhhh, do tell anyone I told you that....

Old 09-01-2009 | 01:23 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I've got 5 too... I think...

I've gotta quit kissing piggies... my head is so blooming stuffed up I can't think.

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
ok update-
Cab
Gem
Red Dragon
04mini (forgot to add her earlier)
X

I'VE GOT 5!!!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 01:31 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Y'all look like you had a blast- too bad Ola seems so stiff..

(giggle)

Old 09-01-2009 | 02:11 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Y'all look like you had a blast- too bad Ola seems so stiff..

(giggle)
THAT'S ME!!! A BIG ol' stiff.

Basically I was holding the camera with my left hand and was trying to get my head in the shot... remember... I have short arms.

And yeah, Gem... I was trying to throw 'em off with the Chili's comment.

Old 09-01-2009 | 05:58 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Oh when we left the dinner last night, my "check engine" light came on.
what a bummer way to end a great mini meet... This morning driving to work it was still on so *orders to hubby* call the dealership and see what is going on.
when I got to work my boss asked did you get gas recently? I said not for a few days, she said go check you gas cap and make sure it is on tight. I unloosed it and put it back on and started the engine and light went off!!!

Helpful hint to all, in the book it states the light means problem with emission filter going bad (or something to that effect). I guess the cap wasn't tight and it was leaking fumes.
ALL FIXED AND HAPPY AGAIN... No need to go to the dealer!
Gem, that happened to me right after getting Sloopy-- the service manager at Otto's told me that very same thing. I meant to write you back today and tell you that but forgot,,,

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:02 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!

pssssssttttttt -we didn't go to chilis, we went to brewery house, shhhhh, do tell anyone I told you that....

Awwww, Ola... so sorry that we just about crowded you out of the picture,,, .

Tnmm,,, sorry you are so stuffed up. Maybe you need a roadtrip?

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:26 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I'm taking one in late Sept/early October... but not in a MINI. I'm doing a coast to coast with a friend of mine.

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:33 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN I'm feeling the same way, my grandson gave me a cold after having him here all weekend. I was not up to my usual self last night, but today i'm about 10 times worse.... and I haven't kissed a piggy in ages!!!

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:47 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi freebies!...

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
I'm taking one in late Sept/early October... but not in a MINI. I'm doing a coast to coast with a friend of mine.

Reallllllyyy!?! You lucky ducky!! Where will you start this coast to coast? Where will you end it? How long will you be away?? Sounds like great fun

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:51 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Hi freebies!...
Hey Hey!! How are you doin Sikamini???

Old 09-01-2009 | 06:54 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hanging in.....the heat wave seems to be over for a while! TN's road trip sounds like fun!

Old 09-01-2009 | 07:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Hanging in.....the heat wave seems to be over for a while! TN's road trip sounds like fun!

Hhmm,, sika-- maybe we should "hitch" onto her wagon????

Old 09-02-2009 | 04:58 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Flying into San Fran I think, heading down to Monterey. Girl friend is meeting me there, we'll stay with friends of mine for a day or two, then we're picking up my new F350 (well, it's used, but it's new to me) and driving from CA to Maine, via some friends in Idaho, Western Wyoming, Central Wyoming, and then across to Chicago, Ohio etc... altho I'm stil trying to figure out if we can get up into Canada and go across VT. That would be pretty.
Then we're spending a few days in Maine, closing up my summer place there, and then driving back to TN. I think it will be about 2 weeks, maybe a tad longer.
But it's going to be fun

Old 09-02-2009 | 06:33 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hhmm,, sika-- maybe we should "hitch" onto her wagon????
Yeah....

Old 09-02-2009 | 07:18 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Sika!

TN that sounds great!! be safe and have fun!!

Old 09-02-2009 | 08:21 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hey Gem! Nice morning today!

Old 09-02-2009 | 08:34 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Thanks Gem- hope you feel better!

(wanders off trying to figure out *exactly* what Cab & Sika are plotting)

Old 09-02-2009 | 04:09 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Sika- You've been gone for like FOREVER!

TNMM- You got swine flu? I know... BAAAADDDD joke.

So today was a REALLY weird day. I was working in my office (at home) today and it's right by the front door (which is mostly all glass). Anyway, during any given day, people will come to my front door... usually lawn guys or "service" people (like pressure washing, maid service- stuff like that). Usually I don't answer the door... I just don't think it's safe. Most of the time people will just ring the doorbell one or two times and then they leave something in my door and they go on to the next house.

Unfortunately, due to the location of my office and walkway I don't have much time to hide. And my front doors have blinds on them but they are almost full glass panels. So I see this guy walking toward my front door and I jump under my desk before he sees me. The dog is barking and he's ringing the doorbell. Well, he keeps ringing it and keeps knocking. This went on for like 3 minutes! There were no vehicles around that I could see and he wasn't going to anyone else's house. I think he was looking under the blinds at the bottom of the door because the dog went into her "wanna play" mode where her front goes down and her butt goes in the air. I fully expected to hear glass break and thought the guy was going to break in.

After I saw his shadow leave the front door I looked out the window and walked around the house (inside) to look and see if this guy was going to access my home through a side window or through the back. I couldn't see him anywhere.

I was feeling pretty uneasy about it but I came back to sit at my desk. I could see a few cars that drove out of the neighborhood and they were all looking toward my driveway. When I would look out the window I couldn't see anything (the garage is set forward which blocks the full sight of my driveway). Probably about 5 minutes went by and I was sitting at my desk and THERE HE WAS AGAIN! It looked like he just finished smoking a cigarette and threw it in my grass somewhere. He was coming back for the front door again! So I had the phone in my hand and I called 911. This guy was really persistant for some reason. He was at the front door and I could see his shadow moving around but he never rang the bell or knocked. I quickly closed the office door and locked it while I was on the phone with 911. I didn't have anywhere to hide. I was trying to get in the tiny closet in my office so I could hide from view behind the door. All the guy had to do was walk a few steps and he could see in my office. Maybe this is why he left? Maybe he saw me moving in here and decided he better not break in? I don't know. But when I saw his shadow leave again I was out of the office and walking through the house looking at all the access points again.

Last edited by miniola; 09-02-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2009 | 04:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
cont.

The cops showed up and there were lots of them all around. Good to know they were there. I was out in the MINI when I saw them and was pretty sure they were coming for me. So I stopped and talked to one of them. They were driving around looking for the guy. They asked if it was a kid and I said, "No... probably 20's-30's and he was well over 6 ft tall and big." I described the color of his shirt and his hat and then he got a call that they had a kid on a bike that they had pulled over. I was asked if I could identify the guy if I saw him. So I got in the big police truck and we went to go see the "kid" that they pulled over. The "kid" was like 13 or 14 and although he had a lighter blue t-shirt on he had a dark blue visor and not a khaki colored baseball hat. When I saw that kid "surrounded" I just said, "Oh My GOD! 100% NOT him! Somebody go give that kid a hug and tell hime everything's ok!".

I drove around and looked for the guy but never found him. He disappeared into thin air. The cops were all driving around but we couldn't find anything.

Then I came back to my house and sat in my driveway facing out. The car was on and the doors were locked and I had a camera. I was waiting for that *****' to come back!

Old 09-02-2009 | 05:44 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OH OLA that is scary, please update AND be safe!

Old 09-02-2009 | 05:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
'OLA, YOU BETTER NOT GET ACCOSTED!!! BE CAREFUL.

Hia Freebs!! Long time no see!! (OK, well, for most of you, anyway!) Cab, Gem, THANK you for taking the time to meet up with me. Especially driving all that way! I love your MINI bling Gem - VEEEERY cool! Your hubby is very funny. And Mr. Cab is really cool - just like an old friend! Cab - by the time I got your last text message, we were already wrestling with the I76 traffic almost out of Philly - sorry sweetie.

ok, so now I've got (in order of meeting):

MacLeod
TNMM
Red Dragoon
Hal & His Prettier Half
Miniola & Mr. Smokies
Cabwy & Mr. Cab
GemGirl & Mr. Smell the Doughnuts!!! (HAHAHAHHA!!!!)

Am I missing somebody?? Hm...

Old 09-02-2009 | 06:07 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X glad you are back home and safe! Really enjoyed meeting you and Chris.
Hubby just read your post and is laughing hard!!

I hope you didn't get my cold! We had a great time and glad we could meet. Hope your convention was productive.

well freebies, i'm going to bed, I can't shake this cold.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...