Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009 | 06:46 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Gem: I'll take some puppy pics for you tonight.

Long post ensues. I would like to preface this post by saying that no, I am NOT a crazy stalker.

When you live in a neighborhood for a decade you start to notice things, normal things. There's the mom that walks by with her kid in the stroller and dog on the leash at a certain time of day. There are the same kids that go to the bus stop every morning to catch the bus with their parents standing outside chatting while they wait. You also tend to pay attention to things like "Oh, that's so and so's car and they live in that house." and a general time of day when so and so leaves for work.

All of this stuff, IMO is just part of being a good neighbor. You don't gawk, but you pay attention. You are wary and if there is a change in an elderly person's routine, you go over to their house and you knock on the door because it's just what people should do. I've foiled a couple of attempts by some teenagers to steal my next door neighbor's pick up. I don't blame them for being kids, and it is a cool pick up, but come on people. When you see the lady standing out front with her dog, you don't walk up to her neighbor's car and try to jimmy the lock.

So as usual, I stepped outside with Mugen last night and prepared to look up and down the street and wave to neighbors who are late night walkers when I looked across the street at my neighbor's house and saw that side of the street lined with a sherriff's car, an ambulance and a firetruck.

Someone had called 911.

I saw them carry someone out of my neighbor's house across the street on a stretcher and my heart sank. This morning, I did not see the husband leave in his jaw-droppingly beautiful Mercedes S class. Then, this afternoon... I saw a carpet and upholstery cleaning company at their house.

I don't actually know these neighbors, I just know they are part of the neighborhood and I know their morning routine because I happen to be outside and wave at the husband (mostly because I'm checking out his car ) when he leaves for work in the mornings. I don't want to be a scary person by walking over to their house and telling them that I don't care what happened, but that I hope that everything and everyone is ok.

But really... I don't and I do.

Old 09-04-2009 | 06:54 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
Gem: I'll take some puppy pics for you tonight.

Long post ensues. I would like to preface this post by saying that no, I am NOT a crazy stalker.

When you live in a neighborhood for a decade you start to notice things, normal things. There's the mom that walks by with her kid in the stroller and dog on the leash at a certain time of day. There are the same kids that go to the bus stop every morning to catch the bus with their parents standing outside chatting while they wait. You also tend to pay attention to things like "Oh, that's so and so's car and they live in that house." and a general time of day when so and so leaves for work.

All of this stuff, IMO is just part of being a good neighbor. You don't gawk, but you pay attention. You are wary and if there is a change in an elderly person's routine, you go over to their house and you knock on the door because it's just what people should do. I've foiled a couple of attempts by some teenagers to steal my next door neighbor's pick up. I don't blame them for being kids, and it is a cool pick up, but come on people. When you see the lady standing out front with her dog, you don't walk up to her neighbor's car and try to jimmy the lock.

So as usual, I stepped outside with Mugen last night and prepared to look up and down the street and wave to neighbors who are late night walkers when I looked across the street at my neighbor's house and saw that side of the street lined with a sherriff's car, an ambulance and a firetruck.

Someone had called 911.

I saw them carry someone out of my neighbor's house across the street on a stretcher and my heart sank. This morning, I did not see the husband leave in his jaw-droppingly beautiful Mercedes S class. Then, this afternoon... I saw a carpet and upholstery cleaning company at their house.

I don't actually know these neighbors, I just know they are part of the neighborhood and I know their morning routine because I happen to be outside and wave at the husband (mostly because I'm checking out his car ) when he leaves for work in the mornings. I don't want to be a scary person by walking over to their house and telling them that I don't care what happened, but that I hope that everything and everyone is ok.

But really... I don't and I do.
OMG, she's a crazy stalker!!

Seriously, though...can you ask THEIR next door neighbors? I've done the same thing - except i was outright nosey and asked if I could help. I meant it, so nosey is not always BAD. When they carried "somebody out on a stretcher" were they moving relatively quickly, or were they taking their dear sweet time? I find it highly interesting and suspicious that the cleaning crew was there the next day....I bet 'Ola could find out.

Old 09-04-2009 | 07:01 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
They were moving slowly. They looked sort of grim... but he's not a small guy either.

I can and I will ask their neighbors, good idea. I know them. Their kids played with my kids until all the kids got too grown up for playing together.

Old 09-04-2009 | 07:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
very weird and not a good sign about the cleaning crew. I hope everything is ok.

Hey X did you boss recover from the trip?

Old 09-05-2009 | 06:02 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Not good....

Old 09-05-2009 | 06:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
good morning all!

RG don't leave us hanging..... what happened????????

Old 09-05-2009 | 06:13 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Old 09-05-2009 | 09:42 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
gem, I still don't know. But I did ask my neighbors and they had no idea that anything had happened. They told me they'd let me know if I could do anything if they heard anything. I guess... I'll just have to leave it at that.

Old 09-05-2009 | 09:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
42 lines?? X?? expand that browser of yours... I only had 25 lines! Yeeeesh!

RG, sweetie, have you seen the wife? Sometimes when you don't know what's going on, baking some cookies and a strong pot of coffee and taking it over can do a world of good. Get all that stuff together and just show up, knock on the door, and say "I saw the ambulance last night and thought you might need some coffee and cookies" if she looks like she has been crying, you can add "and a friend"... and just go from there.
Best of luck- V

Old 09-05-2009 | 10:48 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
V: I haven't seen anyone at the house since the carpet cleaners were there yesterday afternoon, no lights, no cars, nothing.

We've had some burglaries in the neighborhood recently so I'll just continue to keep an eye on their house when I take the puppy shark out for his constitutionals.

Old 09-05-2009 | 12:56 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
In that case, RG, I suggest you check the local news. If it was something bad, the news would carry it...
Your neighbors should be questioned, per X's suggestion, because if it was a break in gone wrong, then the neighborhood should keep up a watchful eye.
And remember, you've got the puppy shark for protection!

Old 09-05-2009 | 02:54 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I agree with TN, cookies and "can i do anything to help".
you need to be more spy like! come on, don't make us come there to show you how.... OLA where are you..... tell her how to do this!

Old 09-05-2009 | 05:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Actually Gem, I bet RG would LOVE for all of us to show up at her house and show her how! Ola in the lead, X making sure we're in formation (poor kid, she'd have a heck of a time with us, right?!) and the rest of us giggling our way out there...

Old 09-05-2009 | 06:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Actually Gem, I bet RG would LOVE for all of us to show up at her house and show her how! Ola in the lead, X making sure we're in formation (poor kid, she'd have a heck of a time with us, right?!) and the rest of us giggling our way out there...
+1

boy have you got all of us pegged!!!! expecially the giggling part!

Old 09-05-2009 | 07:00 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hey Cab, hi - we are never on at the same time...
sorry your week was so tough, but well worth seeing your kids and having such a great time...

oh and you were right, hubby has been having tests done on his shoulder (yes from the conversation while waiting for TN) still in major pain. He had an MRI and has 2 herniated disks which are pinching nerves. Looks like surgery coming soon. Will find out next week when we talk to the surgeon for a date!

Eeesch!! Why are they talking surgery so quickly?? I mean, surgery is usually one of the last resorts. Be sure to ask about PT and alternative care first! Sorry to hear the news, in trying to keep all things relative, after a certain age ( mostly the 40's) we all show some sign of spinal degeneration is an MRI is taken. Maybe that will cheer him up.

Old 09-05-2009 | 07:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Rg--- wow!! Sounds grim... please keep us posted....the whole thing sounds not normal... BTW I liked your description of your bit of Americana. We do the same thing here,,, keeping an eye on each others homes and routines. Comforting.
We enjoyed a day trip to the "Lake" aka quarry. It is called Dutch Springs, you should look at their website- www.dutchsprings.com

It is a really nice facility and we enjoyed a couple really nice dives. Well, except that I did a dumb thing. I put this special UV protectant cream in my hair not thinking of what it would do to my mask, and my seals on the drysuit, LOL that last dive was very wet,,, the goop prevented the seals from sealing out the water and I had a little stream flowing up my arm, into my armpit and down to my crotch,,,, makes for a very uncomfortable dive. And of course the mask kept leaking,,,,, that will teach me to be so "high maintenance".

Old 09-05-2009 | 09:06 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
+1

boy have you got all of us pegged!!!! expecially the giggling part!
I'd be giggling too!

Old 09-06-2009 | 05:22 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Rg--- wow!! Sounds grim... please keep us posted....the whole thing sounds not normal... BTW I liked your description of your bit of Americana. We do the same thing here,,, keeping an eye on each others homes and routines. Comforting.
We enjoyed a day trip to the "Lake" aka quarry. It is called Dutch Springs, you should look at their website- www.dutchsprings.com

It is a really nice facility and we enjoyed a couple really nice dives. Well, except that I did a dumb thing. I put this special UV protectant cream in my hair not thinking of what it would do to my mask, and my seals on the drysuit, LOL that last dive was very wet,,, the goop prevented the seals from sealing out the water and I had a little stream flowing up my arm, into my armpit and down to my crotch,,,, makes for a very uncomfortable dive. And of course the mask kept leaking,,,,, that will teach me to be so "high maintenance".
I forgot you dive, hubby took his test there years ago. He loved the place, close by and easy to get to. Unfortunately he doesn't go often becuase I don't dive.

Glad you finally found the time to enjoy the day instead of working so much!!sorry about your leak.

Old 09-06-2009 | 05:31 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Eeesch!! Why are they talking surgery so quickly?? I mean, surgery is usually one of the last resorts. Be sure to ask about PT and alternative care first! Sorry to hear the news, in trying to keep all things relative, after a certain age ( mostly the 40's) we all show some sign of spinal degeneration is an MRI is taken. Maybe that will cheer him up.
thanks Cab for your advice, he has been seeing a PT/ chiro for about 4+ months and no relieve of pain. if you think there is any thing else for him to try, i'm all ears. I trust your opinion...
Poor guy is in too much constant pain.

Old 09-06-2009 | 08:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hey X did you boss recover from the trip?
Well, I'd say yes, but it's hard to tell. She and I were both at work Thursday (it was kind of a day off for everybody - we call it "organizational day" where everybody goes to a company picnic kind of thing and play games and stuff. I didn't go because I had to catch up on too much work.) Then we had the four day weekend, and then she's off on vacation for two weeks. No sympathy for her there - guess who has to pick up her stuff while she's gone? And it started when she left early Thursday for her golf game when a bimbo I DO NOT want to work with called me in a frenzy at 5pm...I hate dealing with people who have NO CLUE how to do their job. I've been dealing with this lady at the contracting office on a big project...but this woman is reDICulously stupid and disorganized, so ... it's been a huge headache for me. And boss-lady promised me I wouldn't have to talk to her anymore!!!

Old 09-06-2009 | 09:37 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Maybe you should educate her on the Six P's principals.

Old 09-06-2009 | 11:00 AM
miniola
6th Gear
HELLO FROM THE WEST COAST!!! (of Florida )

Looks like you guys have been busy... tallying up all your notches... drinking illegal tea (TNMM with her Doctorate )... planning road trips. Must be getting colder for all you guys... keeping you inside more!

I must confess to lurking the other day. I didn't really have time to sign in and I was just scanning through. RG I have been patiently waiting to find out what happened to the neighbor. Gem had said something about Italian food earlier and I was thinking that maybe that guy choked on a giant meatball? Spaghetti sauce and red wine on the carpet might need some professional cleaning (maybe the Club soda trick didn't work ). When they took him out of the house was he covered with a sheet? REPO man come and get his beautiful car yet? Anything?

You guys give me way too much credit for "finding" people *cough-apples-cough*. Certainly helps when some moron posts a video with the coordinates to her home.And I certainly didn't work alone... just helped out with the trip!

So I have a few questions:
1. Where's Sika been hiding all this time?
2. MINIxB has been MIA for awhile... too much fun MINI-ing?
3. Where'd our Classic Buddy GI Joe go? Maybe he sold his Classic?

Anything else? I'll post this and go back and read before it ends up that nothing gets posted.

Old 09-06-2009 | 11:24 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh yeah... Hal- I don't know what the "6 P's" are. If I Google that will I find out?

Gem- You should send your husband to Cab to do some body work.

Cab- How does a drysuit work in cold 70+ degree Florida water? (Minus the high maintenance UV HAIR CREAM of course ) It's expensive to heat my pool in the winter months and we've discussed wetsuits/drysuits. The perfect temp for me in the pool is about 86. But it costs about $400-800 per month to keep the pool heated in winter (so we don't). We only heat it on special occasions like Christmas or when someone is coming here.

As for the road trip... well I think I would let UHOH be the leader for that! I would just like to be a following "giggler".

Alright, well I hope that everyone's enjoying the weekend. We're not doing anything special. Maybe get some sun and then clean the house or something like that. I SOOOOO need to get organizedand get rid of some SHTUFF!! Lately I've been working on my body and structure... trying to rebuild. Lots of supplements and working out about 1-2 hours per day. (TNMM- I'm using Extra Virgin Coconut Oil!) I've finally reached that point where I'm starting to burn fat. Soon I'll be totally buff! I've noticed significant changes in my muscle mass... so if I can just get rid of the fat suit.

Old 09-06-2009 | 11:32 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Ps

According to Google there's also the 7 P's and 12 P's. I was using the second line of the 6 P definition.

Old 09-06-2009 | 11:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Of course I think the "12 P's" has a nice ring! SHOCKING... I know.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...