Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008 | 08:48 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Big Norm
i hate the video but it does bring back alot of childhood memories
Hopefully they are "good" memories. I can't imagine just "hearing" the song without at least SEEING the Muppets sing it... would be like "just listening" to the Chipmunks.

If it makes you sad, I can take it away. I don't wanna have a Big Sad Norm on my hands.

BTW- I have the "DING! Fries are Done" song in my head and I can't make it seem to go away.

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:07 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Absolutely,,, I would like that. PT/OT.... very impressive. It is a shame what insurance companies have done to that field,,, I have a client that was referred from a PT that said I could probably do a more thorough job with the MFR since I wouldn't have the time constraints that she has.
Of course the poor client has to pay=== no insurance coverage working with a mere CMT or LMT :(

time to call it a night...... wishing I had a good little sleepy smiley to insert here....
I don't have a dual degree... so not too impressive. I just started out in PT and went about half way through and then switched to OT. Took Kinesiology twice because each program had a different spin on it. My degree is OT but like I said, I haven't done anything with it in a long time.

Yeah, insurance coverage is a big deal when it comes to what you do. I'm sure it tugs at your heartstrings when you know you can help someone but that person can't afford it.

Here's a sleepy smiley for you. Here's the secret... right click on it-copy-click where you want it-right click-paste. (I just noticed this little guy has a crack when he flips over!) May not be the proper way to do it but it works.

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:04 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini
What's with all the letters? Part time over time... some time any time...

Sometimes you feel like a nut?

Gah... I'm tired. Good night folks!

Ahhh Random,,,,it is okay,, I will break them down:

PT= Physical therapist
OT= Occupational Therapist

Isn't this thread a hoot!!!!

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:06 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Thanks Miniola,,,, I LOVE the butt crack......LOL

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:11 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Holly is usually off on Wednesdays!!! I' excited for you!

regarding the husband comment- let me tell you it only gets worse from here. Mine was so calm until Nugget actually got home, then it started slowly with "can I drive the weekends"... to waiting in the drive way friday nights for me to get home, so he could "take her for a spin"... then "Road Trip" turned into a $500+ fine for speeding.....

He is now grounded for 6 months!!! no Nugget for him!!!
thanks for the warning!! Maybe I will just ground him now!! And you are right,, this IS Holly's day off,, toally forgot that today is Wednesday,,,duh!

Old 12-17-2008 | 06:28 PM
LtRex
4th Gear
Old 12-17-2008 | 07:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
thanks for the warning!! Maybe I will just ground him now!! And you are right,, this IS Holly's day off,, toally forgot that today is Wednesday,,,duh!
Yeah it would be easier to set the ground rules now...

Holly might just call you tomorrow.... she was so great with me - she even took a cell photo for me as soon as nugget arrived into the lot and sent it to me as my first baby photo!!! She was so much fun!

Your baby is almost home, what a Christmas present!

Old 12-17-2008 | 07:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ok here is a general question (because i'm too lazy to look it up in my book). Cold weather package is great, but my question is... side mirror heater? how do you turn them on or does it just go on when you turn on the windshield blower on?
Pleaser forgive a winter newbie question! But hey we have been all over the board with this thread anyway....

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:33 PM
Spice Orange JCW
4th Gear
Ok here is a general question (because i'm too lazy to look it up in my book). Cold weather package is great, but my question is... side mirror heater? how do you turn them on or does it just go on when you turn on the windshield blower on?
Pleaser forgive a winter newbie question! But hey we have been all over the board with this thread anyway....

I think I read they go on when outside temperature is below a certain degree.

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:40 PM
dr dave
2nd Gear
Someone posted a video of a big tall guy driving an Austin on Youtube. Dude, I think it might be your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8vUFRkxie0

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Christmas Tree Tradition and why I LOVE my Convertible! (2008)

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:27 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Christmas Tree Convertible (2006) The Ultimate FUV!

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:36 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
Is it just me or did your MINI change colors between 2006 and 2008?

Old 12-17-2008 | 10:52 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kikimowse
Is it just me or did your MINI change colors between 2006 and 2008?
I think it's just you.

Ok. Yes... our Chili Red named "Chi Chi" (after a Chilean Salsa Dancing Frog that I made) was our first. We bought her in January 2005. (We still have her and have to put her up for adoption soon).

The second is our Pepper White named "Tina"... due to the fact that she survived Hurricane Ike in Houston. We just got her in late September 2008 so this is her first year with a tree. (We would have liked another Chili Red but I couldn't find one.) Oh well... she's growing on me.

Nighty nite! PS- Love your new little Avatar! (Also loved the other one you had with the red Mini and reindeer throwing out gifts.)

Last edited by miniola; 12-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-17-2008 | 11:16 PM
Kikimowse
3rd Gear
I loved the look on the security guard's face. It was something similar to what I experienced at the Sacramento Airport in October. I was picking up a girlfriend who had flown in from LAX. We were going to the wedding of another girlfriend in Nevada City. We both had to pack warm clothes as Nevada City was going to be in the 30's and 40's for the weekend. In addition, the girlfriend at the airport was going to fly on to Buffalo, New York after the wedding; really warm clothes needed.

I pull up to the curb at baggage pickup, and my girlfriend comes out with three suitcases, one of which is huge. Suddenly all eyes are on us and my MINI convertible. The looks we get says, "Get real lady!" particularly the SUV drivers. I proceed to drop the top, lift the luggage into the car, raise the top again and we motor on. The looks of surprise were priceless. We both could not help but have a good laugh.

That's part of the fun of driving a MINI, leaving them wondering "How'd she do that?"

Last edited by Kikimowse; 12-20-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: misspelling. no spell check!
Old 12-18-2008 | 12:23 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Yeah it would be easier to set the ground rules now...

Holly might just call you tomorrow.... she was so great with me - she even took a cell photo for me as soon as nugget arrived into the lot and sent it to me as my first baby photo!!! She was so much fun!

Your baby is almost home, what a Christmas present!
I agree,, Holly is great, I have enjoyed working with her so much! I fully expect to hear from her tomorrow. Unfortunately I doubt that I will pick Sloopy up until after January 1. There are some things to be added at the dealership and then with the holidays it just makes more sense.

OOOohhh I hope she snaps a pic for me so I can share it.

Last edited by cabwy; 12-18-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: dislexia hahaha
Old 12-18-2008 | 08:28 AM
vargasgal
5th Gear
Hey!!! Yay!!! Congratulations!!! What an awesome holiday announcement!
If it is a girl, you just know what you should name her, right?
And, no, not "The Great Pumpkin"
It won't be Apple.

Why is it the good always seems to be balanced out by the bad? I just arrived to work to find out we are all being given a 5% cut in our salary for Christmas. Oh joy! I am happy to still have a job but it's really a bad time to be loosing money! Guess that is what you get when you decide to have a child in the middle of the Great Depression 2.0.

Old 12-18-2008 | 08:30 AM
vargasgal
5th Gear
skillet - so what was the last word on the classic?

Old 12-18-2008 | 08:46 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by vargasgal
It won't be Apple.

Why is it the good always seems to be balanced out by the bad? I just arrived to work to find out we are all being given a 5% cut in our salary for Christmas. Oh joy! I am happy to still have a job but it's really a bad time to be loosing money! Guess that is what you get when you decide to have a child in the middle of the Great Depression 2.0.
and on the bright side, yes you are working,...... i got laid off Nov. 1.... talk about bad timing.... try looking for a job with 183,000 other people in the area!
But i'm enjoying the holiday season and staying positive! I think i would have rather had the cut in pay!

ok let's start with baby names????

Old 12-18-2008 | 12:09 PM
vargasgal
5th Gear
It is a little easier to swallow when you know the cuts are starting at the top. Our CEO is taking a 20% cut. All managment below him are taking anywere from 7.5 to 10%. We are all getting it...not just the little guy!

I started my name list about two months ago. I am in trouble if it is a boy because that list is much shorter! Girls names are much easier to come up with. Who knows, it could be one of each. Twins run in the family.

Old 12-18-2008 | 12:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

possible twins you say!!!
double the blessings!!!

Old 12-18-2008 | 01:34 PM
skillet
6th Gear
skillet - so what was the last word on the classic?
Word on the street is....it has arrived!!!

Thanks Bruce! I hope you have a good Christmas

On another note, Vargasgal, you work for FedEx by any chance?

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:12 PM
elprofe
5th Gear
Old 12-18-2008 | 06:37 PM
ChubbyChecker
4th Gear
I started my name list about two months ago. I am in trouble if it is a boy because that list is much shorter! Girls names are much easier to come up with. Who knows, it could be one of each. Twins run in the family.
Just please don't be like these people. I can't imagine what it'll be like growing up for this kid.
Originally Posted by skillet
Word on the street is....it has arrived!!!

Thanks Bruce! I hope you have a good Christmas

On another note, Vargasgal, you work for FedEx by any chance?
You're welcome. Glad it got there OK.

Old 12-18-2008 | 07:40 PM
LtRex
4th Gear

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...