Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ummm... good thing HE's down there to catch you?

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
UhOh my 15' is nothing compared to what you are tackling/accomplishing!! Way to Go Girl!! Ummm...what is Hubby doing down there??!! Shouldn't HE be on the Ladder??

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:26 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Ummm... good thing HE's down there to catch you?
HA! Not highly freakin' likely! He's afraid of heights, and has no knack nor patience for doing this kind of thing. He was out there to help clean up. Actually, he was out there to set up the construction halogen lights, but broke the bulb. Had to help him put the replacements in. I asked him to stand in the pic for perspective. "Two stories" doesn't sound very high...but our "two stories" are a bit higher maybe? He's about 6' tall, so if that tells you anything...

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Yeah... good excuse... tough guy like that is afraid?

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:36 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
HA! Not highly freakin' likely! He's afraid of heights, and has no knack nor patience for doing this kind of thing. He was out there to help clean up...
My Hubby is the same way, both impatient and afraid of heights. Went to Vegas for our 5th Anniversary (10th coming up in March), went up in the Eifel Tower...he clung to the walls the whole time. I however don't like Elevators...always have BAD Dreams about Elevators...don't know why just don't like ones that go more than 3-4 Stories. While in Vegas stayed at the Hilton (11th Floor), I was fine Hubby wouldn't go near that window.

Funny how our Big, Strong, Masculine Men can be BABIES when scared to do something!!

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:40 PM
miniola
6th Gear
UHOH- YOU got post #6500!!!!! *happy dance*

Old 10-03-2009 | 10:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Time to say Good Night Freebies!! Good Night Freebies!!

Old 10-03-2009 | 10:42 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Yeah. nite.

Old 10-04-2009 | 09:55 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey guys!! Ii didn't know that there was a party here last night!!! Yes, Ola,, I recall those cricket farts... hahaha
Looks like your snail stirred up some posts though!
UHoh,, God heavens woman!! BE CAREFUL!! I feel for your calves, and probably the ***** of your feet too... that is a horrible task my friend.
RJ- dinner sounds delish and your re-fi sounds even better.
Gemmy-- hello!! Everyone else hello!! It is a grogeous day here so I am signing off and getting back to my chorse. The developement that we live in has a semi annual yard sale in the fall and it is next week. I think I have enough stuff to put in it this year. TONS of things that just don't fit any longer..... sigh.
And hubby laways has old electronics to unload that stuff alwasy sells quickly.
byeeeeeee!

Old 10-04-2009 | 11:14 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Cab - hi and bye
I think we all just saw a fleeting glimps of Cab running away again! Miss you girl!

X- you hubby is handsome! and we all have those fears so at least he is cleaning up after you! good trait in a man!
Ola, sorry to leave the party last night, my computer was slow and my eyes were closing. ABBA - oh I love ABBA but mirror ball??? hum, no comment!

Hi RJ and everyone else...

oh and where is Mugen lately? How is puppy school??

Old 10-04-2009 | 02:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
[quote=gemgirlpa;2889900]X- you hubby is handsome! and we all have those fears so at least he is cleaning up after you! good trait in a man!??/quote]

You think you could teach him that!!?? Not in a Million Years!!

Now mine on the other hand is/or he thinks he is my "Problem Fixer"...example we are gettting ready to leave the house and get our weekend errands done, we go out to the MINI, he gets in, I start rummaging around in my purse(compartment) for my Molly key which I just had in my hand but can't find now. So what does Hubby do...he starts to get out of the car. I'm like "whart are you doing??", he always tries to help find LOST things even when he has NO clue where I might have left them!! I know they are "Fixers"...BUT...this really bugs the heck out of me!!

Old 10-04-2009 | 03:10 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
I'm back after a really tough weekend.

Rushed home from work Friday and got the camper ready to go out camping and fishing for the weekend. Got to the campground located on a lake owned by the Air Force. Campground has it's own boat ramp and docks that you can tie up to or just fish from. Friday and Saturday the winds where rather brisk and made fishing not so easy.

I had rented a pontoon boat for Saturday morning. The wind made it real difficult to keep it in one spot. Even the anchor wasn't able to keep it in place at times.

Today got up about daybreak to a cloudy sky, but almost no wind at all. Ate breakfast, then out to the dock. First cast out and BANG, had a small bream on. This went on for the rest of the morning and into the early afternoon. Had one fish run with my bait that was large enough to break my line. Also had another that was fairly large but this time I let him run back and forth to try and tire him out. Just as I thought he was pooped out, I was reeling him in and just about had him to the surface where I could see that it was a bass about 14" long. But unfortunately the fish wasn't so tuckered out. He still had enough energy in him to dive down and break my line.

But still wasn't a bad day. Caught about 20 -25 bream of which 7 were keeper size, and another little bass about 7 - 8" long. Started sprinkling rain about noon but not too heavy. Got home about 3 PM and was able to relax a bit more after unloading the camper.

Old 10-04-2009 | 05:52 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow Hal, sounds like a great weekend for you and so good eats too!
sorry about the wind but sounds like you made the best of it!

Old 10-04-2009 | 05:58 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Hey guys!! Ii didn't know that there was a party here last night!!! Yes, Ola,, I recall those cricket farts... hahaha
Looks like your snail stirred up some posts though!
UHoh,, God heavens woman!! BE CAREFUL!! I feel for your calves, and probably the ***** of your feet too... that is a horrible task my friend.
RJ- dinner sounds delish and your re-fi sounds even better.
Gemmy-- hello!! Everyone else hello!! It is a grogeous day here so I am signing off and getting back to my chorse. The developement that we live in has a semi annual yard sale in the fall and it is next week. I think I have enough stuff to put in it this year. TONS of things that just don't fit any longer..... sigh.
And hubby laways has old electronics to unload that stuff alwasy sells quickly.
byeeeeeee!
Cab- I barely got a rumble

Old 10-04-2009 | 06:02 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
UHOH- YOU got post #6500!!!!! *happy dance*
OH WOW!!! I did!!!

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
X- you hubby is handsome! and we all have those fears so at least he is cleaning up after you! good trait in a man!
Thanks Gemmy...I think he's kinda cute, too...but he's NOT good at cleaning up after me. He DOES try to help by cleaning up, but he's not good at it. Today, he ended up "helping" me glaze (put putty around the pane of glass) the first story windows (no ladder work.) Only...well...poor guy is definitely not a quitter!! He was working and working and working on a window for at least two hours. And never asked me for tips and assistance - when I finally offered some, I felt like Mr. Myagi from the Karate Kid, giving instruction. I scraped off so much excess putty, I was able to glaze six other panes with it!

Originally Posted by RJKimbell
You think you could teach him that!!?? Not in a Million Years!!

Now mine on the other hand is/or he thinks he is my "Problem Fixer"...example we are gettting ready to leave the house and get our weekend errands done, we go out to the MINI, he gets in, I start rummaging around in my purse(compartment) for my Molly key which I just had in my hand but can't find now. So what does Hubby do...he starts to get out of the car. I'm like "whart are you doing??", he always tries to help find LOST things even when he has NO clue where I might have left them!! I know they are "Fixers"...BUT...this really bugs the heck out of me!!
I'm right there with you, RJ. Hubband isn't a fixer like that, but it drives me nuts when he starts acting on something, utterly without thinking. Often when I'm either hanging in midair and he's trying to knock the ladder out from under me, or something like that, similarly infuriating.

That's quite a weekend, Hal!

Old 10-05-2009 | 04:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Freebies ~ Just a quick check in to let you know I'm alive and well and in Brandon South Dakota. I'm staying ahead of the snow, altho we got some yesterday in the Black Hills. Tonight we'll be in Chicago and I'll try to check in again. Been posting lots to my facebook photo album- Good trip so far. Big Freddy, the truck, is driving just great.
TTFN and I'll try to catch up on what's going on in your lives when I get to Maine.

Vivi

Old 10-05-2009 | 08:15 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
It was so freaky weird seeing you behind the wheel of a Ford... I mean like... really freaky weird V.

In other news, Good Morning Freebies!

Today is the daughter's birthday. I'm making her red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and red sprinkles on top. I also found these wonderful little star shaped candles. She'll get a HUGE kick out of this. Red Velvet is her fave and she only gets to have it once a year. I save it for her birthday. I wish that I'd been able to find some decent strawberries to top the cupcakes with, but it's just getting too late in the season I guess and they were out of frozen.

Um... that's all! I hope everyone is doing well!

Old 10-05-2009 | 09:07 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Happy Birthday Daughter of RG!

Old 10-05-2009 | 10:23 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
:D

Thank you!

I'm showing her that when she gets home from school!

Old 10-05-2009 | 04:14 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
*sigh* I've come down with something, so I took a sick day. It's a beautiful fall day and I feel too cruddy to go out and enjoy it!

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:57 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ugh, AkInd--feel better soon.! Happy Birthday to RG's daughter!! Those cupcakes sound awesome!!

Old 10-05-2009 | 05:59 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Michelin Pilot Alpin 205/55/16 VR

I spotted an ad for these - used - for snow tires for my mini... does anyone know anything about this brand?
And he says they have 5/32nds left on two tires and 7/32nds on the other two.???
What the heck does that mean? That percentage to me sounds like the treads is mostly gone??

Heeeellllllpppppppppppp!

Old 10-05-2009 | 06:16 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Michelin Pilot Alpin 205/55/16 VR

I spotted an ad for these - used - for snow tires for my mini... does anyone know anything about this brand?
And he says they have 5/32nds left on two tires and 7/32nds on the other two.???
What the heck does that mean? That percentage to me sounds like the treads is mostly gone??

Heeeellllllpppppppppppp!
That's how much tread depth you have left in inches. If you take a penny and stick in the groove with the top of Lincoln's head in the groove. If it's not deep enough to cover the top of his head, generally the tire is considered just about worn out. Probably if you go to Tire Rack's site they should a pretty good explanation of tread depth.

Old 10-05-2009 | 06:20 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Thanks Hal!!
From what I am reading 10/32nds is a new tire,,,unworn. So the 5/32nds are half worn...2/32nds will fail inspection in PA. HHmm,, sounds pretty worn?

I posted this under the tires/wheels forum also. Wouldn't mind some nice used snow tires for Sloopy..

Old 10-05-2009 | 06:44 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
*sigh* I've come down with something, so I took a sick day. It's a beautiful fall day and I feel too cruddy to go out and enjoy it!
Awww, poor Darren! Hope you feel better, kiddo.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...