Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009 | 08:34 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Crazy what's happened!

So where'd everybody go anyway? It's Friday night! Isn't there anyone else with nothing to do?!? LMAO!

Old 10-16-2009 | 08:36 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Night, night Ola.... sleep tight!

Old 10-16-2009 | 08:37 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Crazy what's happened!

So where'd everybody go anyway? It's Friday night! Isn't there anyone else with nothing to do?!? LMAO!
I think everyone left and now i am too....

Old 10-16-2009 | 08:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok all you party poopers.

G'night then.

Old 10-16-2009 | 09:42 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Hal... if you're checking in, I have a totally ot question (altho I beg, how can I be OT in a thread that's totally OT).
The high beams on the f350 are horrible, but from what I gather, the housing can't handle the heat from just changing out the bulb... do you have any recommendations? I like the low beams, they're good, but need much brighter high beams.
Thanks- V

Old 10-16-2009 | 09:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Wait, wait, I'm here! Altho Ola, I'm not gonna meet you at MSSD. Just too road weary. Putting about 5k miles on a diesel truck in less than 3 weeks is tiring. I'm good for SLEEP. We have a nice fire going as it's COLD brrrrr....My friend in CT has got snow on the ground. Lots of it. She's NOT happy... I just have 45 degrees and more rain. Thinking I'm going back to Maine- would prefer snow... or better, going back out west, and finding some skiis... last time I took David skiing was a disaster. He just couldn't handle it and really couldn't figure out how to get the boat up the mountain!
OK- I'm babbling... off to bed
Ni'ch'all!

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:05 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
OMG! I thought all of you had given up on posting for the night!! Shucks, I should've waited a few more minutes,,,,sigh
Hal,, I thought you were going on that Mini thing?? sorry, didn't mean to put your name out thee if you weren't going.... heh heh I thought that was what Cedric was getting alll "gussied up" for!
Gemmy I LOVE your idea of planning a night that we all sign on and babble to commemorate our 1 yr anniversary. It's been a good ride, yes?? Well, mostly it has been!
Hey Ola,,,, you free spirit you,, have fun on your solo trip. I am proud of you, did you know that?? Please,, if you are so inclined feel free to get dirt on the back of your hair

Tnny--- I want to see you farm, I HAVE to see you farm,, I NEED TO SEE YOUR FARM....I love PB pigs and that is aweomse how you save them. You are neck and neck with Uhoh now for the "you are my hero" status...

Hal?? Are you SURE you aren't taking a trip??? And so sorry that I outed you
RJ!! You have gone quiet on us, are you in bed nursing your sore muscles??

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:06 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Oh and just an hour drive north of us had over 4 inches of snow yesterday,,, I think I need to go on a cruise to Cuba too LOL LOL LOL

Old 10-17-2009 | 07:58 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
OK just have to share this, we are getting a Nor'easter.
I'm sure glad it isn't just a few degrees colder or we would have had to days of snow and another 2 more days coming.

It has turned very cold and rainy about Wednesday and hasn't let up at all!
Ola, Hal, you both are in warmer states righttttttttt?????
Not all that much warmer. 44F right now, with a frost warning tonight and a possible freeze watch Sunday night. Just down right nasty outside right now. Not really raining, but a constant mist/drizzle.

Old 10-17-2009 | 08:09 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hey Hal... if you're checking in, I have a totally OT question (altho I beg, how can I be OT in a thread that's totally OT).
The high beams on the F350 are horrible, but from what I gather, the housing can't handle the heat from just changing out the bulb... do you have any recommendations? I like the low beams, they're good, but need much brighter high beams.
Thanks- V
Does your F-350 have two or four bulb system? You also might want to check to see what the clarity of the lens are like. Mine being a '99, they are starting to get "foggy". I need to get one of those lens renewal kits to polish them.

Depending on how old the bulbs are you might consider replacing them also. After a period of time the interior of the bulb will get a metallic build up on the inside of the lamp itself, causing the light output to diminish.

Old 10-17-2009 | 08:34 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gemmy I LOVE your idea of planning a night that we all sign on and babble to commemorate our 1 yr anniversary. It's been a good ride, yes?? Well, mostly it has been!
Hey, why don't we find a great apple orchard to meet up in!!! (giggle)

Hey Ola,,,, you free spirit you,, have fun on your solo trip. I am proud of you, did you know that?? Please,, if you are so inclined feel free to get dirt on the back of your hair

and don't forget to sign in and give us a continued update of the Trouble with Trolls, UhOh and the Mighty Dragon, and any other story we need to know. You realize we're living vicariously thru you.... tee hee hee...

Tnny--- I want to see you farm, I HAVE to see you farm,, I NEED TO SEE YOUR FARM....I love PB pigs and that is aweomse how you save them. You are neck and neck with Uhoh now for the "you are my hero" status...

Hero?! Oh wow... I don't deserve that. But please come on down and play with my piggies. They love to have their bellies rubbed and I just don't have enough hours in the day to rub the bellies of 12 piggies... So they get jealous... and complain LOUDLY! I've also got 2 funny, fat goats, 9 horses of different shapes and sizes (all of whom are in deep psychotherapy as they don't realize they aren't lap dogs), 3 dogs and 3 cats... we had 2 dogs, but while I was away on my cross country trip, my dear hubband (to borrow Uhoh's term) adopted a new dog. Hmmm... think that was a hint?!
I've got pix of most of the critters on FB... somewhere...

Hal, be careful, the term "outed" is often reserved for, uh, those who've been hiding in closets... just thought you should know so you don't use the word indiscriminately! Could have some hysterical results
I think RJ has found where the hunky guys were hiding at her athletic club...

Off to feed the many mouths- it's nasty raw cold here... wish I was back in Wyoming where it was cold by not raw... Ciao kiddos - enjoy the day!

Old 10-17-2009 | 10:12 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Cabby! If the mood strikes... perhaps I'll just drop down and make a big dust angel! (tee hee) (Love you too.)

Now TNMM- I understand that you are all road weary... I mean... driving all around the country... meeting all of your OTHER NAM friends (you SHOULD be tired)... but you've got no love for little 'ola?

OH YEAH!!! IT'S 72!!! IT'S FALL!!!! WOOT!!

Ok... I'm going to go start working on changing out the side sills. Hopefully they sent all the correct clips this time... otherwise I'm going to have to hot glue those things on!

Old 10-17-2009 | 01:16 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
V -

It seems like everyone here with a Superduty has auxiliary driving lights installed on their trucks. In my experience, the headlights on a Superduty leave a bit to be desired (likewise w/ Dodge Rams and Dakotas), even when the headlight housings are new.

You might want to look into getting a set installed - the popular ones around here are Hellas (I run these on my Jeep...and the Dodge pickups I used to have), and Lightforce (commonly seen on trucks up 'north' in Fairbanks and on the 'slope').

Aside from that, I'd also go with what Hal suggested.

Originally Posted by HalAC
Does your F-350 have two or four bulb system? You also might want to check to see what the clarity of the lens are like. Mine being a '99, they are starting to get "foggy". I need to get one of those lens renewal kits to polish them.

Depending on how old the bulbs are you might consider replacing them also. After a period of time the interior of the bulb will get a metallic build up on the inside of the lamp itself, causing the light output to diminish.

Old 10-17-2009 | 01:49 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Now TNMM- I understand that you are all road weary... I mean... driving all around the country... meeting all of your OTHER NAM friends (you SHOULD be tired)... but you've got no love for little 'ola?
OH YEAH!!! IT'S 72!!! IT'S FALL!!!! WOOT!!

Ola, Ola, Ola... I've got TONS OF LOVE for you... Which is why I think you should come up via Middle TN and visit here BEFORE you go off to MSSD. Since Mr. Hal isn't going either, maybe we could do a MINI mini meet & greet (which I think would be MMMG before the MSSD).
This last trip was NAM free... no mini friends were met, something to do with Big Freddy intimidating the mini's!
Uh 72? wow.... we've got a fire started again. it's really really really cold here, with nasty cold rain everyonce in a while. <sigh>

Old 10-17-2009 | 04:33 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
What trip am I supposed to be going on? This is news to me.
Hal- I think you were "outed"!!
I don't make up silly words.

Outed= the secret is out.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!~!! Hal is coming too!? Why didn't I know about this!?! I thought Hal was going somewhere with Deb for their anniversary!?!?!?

HIA FREEBS. It's been freezing here, too...although relatively speaking - only 45 degrees isn't exactly freezing, but... Anyway. I spent the morning supporting the local Old Towne Family Fall Festival - check out the Gourd music dudes HERE !!! I actually got all four of their CDS. very good crew.

Last edited by x uh oh x; 10-17-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2009 | 04:53 PM
gbx
2nd Gear
Lost mini's

Hello All

Here is my story that relates to Skillets

Sat mornings I grab a cup of coffee and look on Ebay
I used to do a search on MGB GT's ,Triumph GT6
and Mini's
Find a Classic Mini in Mint shape that is a two hour drive from me in the country I know the town because I use to have an account for work there '
Long story short it's a doctor and he wants 3 grand for the car the pictures show the car on a brick drive so I figure yeah he has a new toy he need s to make room for so the the mini is going out the door .
I think this is too good to be true the car is worth more then twice that
He sends me a ebay invoice , but wait ..... the legit looking ebay invoice is asking me to pay with moneygram and not paypal the company owned by ebay ...... So it's all a scam Call him up and say the only way I can pay for the car is with cash in hand and the keys to the car ..He never calls back to give me the Address... what a Bummer ....Lookin at the extra pictures he sent I see a berry and smitt's sign in the background I google it and it is a classic car garage in the Netherlands

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-1.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-5.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-10.jpg  

Last edited by gbx; 10-18-2009 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-17-2009 | 05:03 PM
gbx
2nd Gear
the Game ends with .....

So the Game ends with a Checkmate

After the heartbreak ( just a broken heart never lost my money )
Two weeks later I trade my Acura RSX in for a 2006 MCS Checkmate
What A smile this car puts on my face My first car with payments was a Triumph TR7 Victory edition as much as I loved that car it never had the performance to back up it's looks .
The Mini is everything that car should of been and more
Let's Motor

P.S Skillet if you read this send me your boot mat

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-picture-091.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-picture-079.jpg  
Old 10-17-2009 | 05:07 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gbx
So the Game ends with a Checkmate

After the heartbreak ( just a broken heart never lost my money )
Two weeks later I trade my Acura RSX in for a 2006 MCS Checkmate
What A smile this car puts on my face My first car with payments was a Triumph TR7 Victory edition as much as I loved that car it never had the performance to back up it's looks .
The Mini is everything that car should of been and more
Let's Motor

P.S Skillet if you read this send me your boot mat

Well, at least there's a happy ending for YOU! I think the ebay and Craigslist scams for the classics (and some newer BMW models) have really gone sky-high in the last two or three years. Very sad. Doesn't mean I'd turn it down if anybody GAVE me a classic!!!!

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:15 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
OMG! I thought all of you had given up on posting for the night!! Shucks, I should've waited a few more minutes,,,,sigh
Hal,, I thought you were going on that Mini thing?? sorry, didn't mean to put your name out thee if you weren't going.... heh heh I thought that was what Cedric was getting all "gussied up" for!

Tnny--- I want to see you farm, I HAVE to see you farm,, I NEED TO SEE YOUR FARM....I love PB pigs and that is awesome how you save them. You are neck and neck with Uhoh now for the "you are my hero" status...

Deb bought me an early birthday present in the form of stripes for Sir Cedric. Not really getting ready for anything, just trying to beat the coming of cold weather.

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:25 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Deb bought me an early birthday present in the form of stripes for Sir Cedric. Not really getting ready for anything, just trying to beat the coming of cold weather.
HA!! Who are you kidding, Hal!? You saw my swanky new stripes and had to have some for yourself. HA!!! Oh yeah, and happy anniversary, by the way. WHen's your birthday?

Old 10-17-2009 | 05:32 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Yeah, when I saw that they were reflective, that had me hooked.

I'll make this about as cryptic as I can: Guy Fawkes day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes

Old 10-17-2009 | 06:03 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Yeah, when I saw that they were reflective, that had me hooked.

I'll make this about as cryptic as I can: Guy Fawkes day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes
BWAHAHAH!!!! Actually, that's kinda cool!

Old 10-17-2009 | 06:08 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
BWAHAHAH!!!! Actually, that's kinda cool!
What was really cool is when I was stationed over in England. I thought they were celebrating my birthday.

Old 10-17-2009 | 07:16 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi AKINDY!
How cold are you up in Alaska??

Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
V -

It seems like everyone here with a Superduty has auxiliary driving lights installed on their trucks. In my experience, the headlights on a Superduty leave a bit to be desired (likewise w/ Dodge Rams and Dakotas), even when the headlight housings are new.

You might want to look into getting a set installed - the popular ones around here are Hellas (I run these on my Jeep...and the Dodge pickups I used to have), and Lightforce (commonly seen on trucks up 'north' in Fairbanks and on the 'slope').

Aside from that, I'd also go with what Hal suggested.

Old 10-17-2009 | 07:24 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Hal, Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary!

what day is your anniversary? Mine is tomorrow the 18! 6 years married. (10 years together).

and yes still raining here. hey Cabby, sorry you missed the run this morning. I'm happy to say it was a perfect day to stay home, light a fire (as TN) and do homework. All done, so I have tomorrow free. Hum sleeping in sounds great!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...