Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009 | 05:55 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Awww...Poor Cab. And Mr. Cab! I was told today (by a mom of 5yr old twins, one of which had confirmed H1N1) that her doctor said if you've had H1N1, you don't need to get re-innoculated - like chicken pox? But that you ought to still get the regular flu mist/shot. Either way, i've been sniffling and sneezing myself, but I'm doing my best to contain it, and stay away from contagious places...it's almost rediculous how much propaganda is around about preventive measures for flu and sickness. Whatever happened to letting kids eat dirt, hearty constitutions, and all that??

Anyway, yesterday was beautiful after I managed to escape the glass jar that is my office...I was only able to wash the car, though - it got too dark (and the car wash place w/ pressure washer had pathetic lighting) to do anything else. Today also looks like a good day, so I may try to finish the detailing job tonight before the big dinner!

Hope ya'll have a good day today. And I hope you feel better Cab.

Old 10-21-2009 | 08:13 AM
pilotart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
<...> Re: The Dr. deciding not to swab,,, I know!! I felt weird saying no, I want the swab to be sure,, especially when she was so certain that I have it. But it would have been nice to have known for sure. But it is a hard hitting bug,, unlike anything I have had so I think she might know what she is talking about... LOL
Yes, I would take her professional opinion as fact, no need to have you billed for a redundant Lab Fee to confirm what is known. Best thought is for it to quickly be put down by your system and you will now be super immune without needing that (hard to find) shot or sniff.
And Ola?? I don't recall you having mouse poop in your Mini??? Did you really???? <...>
Think that Ola had a previous MINI that Ferman had not kept very secure from rodent infestation.

I understand that Ferman Bulldozed it all down shortly after my visit, but they had a pretty tacky looking MINI 'showroom' when I was there and it was 'tacked' on to their slightly nicer looking BMW Operation on the same property (that was where Service was located and had to go there for final closing of the sale). But they must have constructed a nicer facility since then.

Orlando's MINI Dealer has also just built a brand new operation in a new location, their owner may also own other (Cadillac?) dealerships, but you see no BMW's anywhere near their MINI Shop (old or new).

MINI of Fort Myers will be a 'stand-alone' operation, owned by Sonic who also owns the local Mercedes, Honda, Volkswagon, BMW and they are also opening a new Saab (have 153 franchises nationwide). They have the MINI Dealerships in Greenville, Atlanta, Long Beach, Nashville, Houston and now Fort Myers.

I look forward to Local Support for the remainder of my Service Contract and Warranty. I prefer never having to think that my MINI has to line up behind a bunch of expensive BMW's.

Old 10-21-2009 | 09:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey guys,,, I had a really weird experience yesterday.... my work day started with me arriving at my clients home at 8 am,,, I felt like my allergies were acting up and even talked to my client about having allergies... then by 2:30 I looked in the mirror and thought,,,hhhmmm girl, you look pale.... then finished up my day ad had a nice dinner with 4 of my really good girlfriends. Got home,,, felt achey so took a nice hot soak in the tub,,, got out and started chilling and oh my gosh it really went downhill from there!

Went to the dr's today and she said she wasn't even going to swab for H1N1- that I had all of the classic signs,, the main one being that it hits like a ton of bricks within minutes,, I went from no fever to 101.5 in a flash.
Now I am worrying about whether or not to tell my poor friends that I probably contaminated all of them, not to mention my clients! Of course my Dr. says unless I shared food or drink with them that they will probably be okay.... but OMG I still feel so horrible. The cough and headache are brutal.

So there's my story. I swear, I have been sick more in the past year then I have been in the past 5 years!!
OMG
sorry to hear this, get better- oh cab, let me know if you need anything!!!

Old 10-21-2009 | 04:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Awww...Poor Cab. And Mr. Cab! I was told today (by a mom of 5yr old twins, one of which had confirmed H1N1) that her doctor said if you've had H1N1, you don't need to get re-innoculated - like chicken pox? But that you ought to still get the regular flu mist/shot. Either way, i've been sniffling and sneezing myself, but I'm doing my best to contain it, and stay away from contagious places...it's almost rediculous how much propaganda is around about preventive measures for flu and sickness. Whatever happened to letting kids eat dirt, hearty constitutions, and all that??

Anyway, yesterday was beautiful after I managed to escape the glass jar that is my office...I was only able to wash the car, though - it got too dark (and the car wash place w/ pressure washer had pathetic lighting) to do anything else. Today also looks like a good day, so I may try to finish the detailing job tonight before the big dinner!

Hope ya'll have a good day today. And I hope you feel better Cab.
Hey Uhoh,, thanks again for the text,,, it was a pleasant surprise
I actually had the flu shot like 2 weeks ago.... sigh.....
I suppose you are gussy'ing up the Mini for the big Mini weekend??

Old 10-21-2009 | 04:18 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey Gemmy!! Thanks for your concern,, I am holed up in the master bedroom,,, this is when it is good to have your very own laptop,,, and blackberry and landline.... hahah
I still feel pretty miserable but think I see progress...

Old 10-21-2009 | 04:27 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey!! I know we live all over the country but OMG did any of you all have the beautiful weather that we have had for the past few days?? too bad I can't get out in it, but it definitely is more cheery than being cooped up on a gloomy day.

Old 10-21-2009 | 06:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
It was nice today wasn't it. I only got out for my cigarette breaks but I did enjoy the weather, oh and topless driving home tonight!

You had a flu shot 2 weeks ago??? hummmm???
I am thinking of getting one for the first time in my life, but kind of scared, never had the need to get one but this year with the H1N1 and the flu.....

Old 10-22-2009 | 04:43 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning Freebies,
Oh Cabbie, I'm so sorry you're sick. Here is the info from CDC on what to do (if you go to their home page, there is a list of links for H1N1): http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/sick.htm
Let me know if I can do anything. I would suggest a warm bath, epsom salts, maybe some ground fresh ginger root (I put it in a cheese cloth so I can use it as a hot compress too). Helps draw the fever out- and even if that's just Hoey, it feels good.
I've been herding cats (kids)... Gotta get back on it as one has to leave soon for school, the other has to get up for school & I have to go to the 2nd school for a meeting with a teacher who's not been treating kids well... grrrrr...
Ciao- hpe you feel better-
Enjoy hte day eveyrone-

Old 10-22-2009 | 08:23 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hello little friends!

I'm not done packing but hope to leave sometime in the next couple of hours. The MINI is clean though... so that's what counts, right?!?! Yeah, but I am a total DIVA and I've got lots of girl stuff... and since I am flying SOLO I have to carry it all! But it's all good! Plucked my eyebrows so I'll no longer be mistaken for BIGFOOT! I have priorities. It's really funny though... when I get driving the MINI up there I become a very different person... I get all aggressive and am kind of a sht talker... I just wear pink.

Pilotart- Thanks for the good thoughts! I'm glad you stopped by to visit us again. Maybe I'll see you sometime down in Ft Myers. And you were right on about the mouse poop... it was in the '05. YUCK!! NOT cool.

Cab- I hope you feel better soon. I sure am glad you're not making it to MSSD with the Swine Flu! YIKES! I'm sending good thoughts and big hugs your way.

Hello to everyone else! Gem, Hal, TNMM, RJ, RG (where is she lately?), Mr. Alaska... blanking on any regulars (from the past few days) right now. Seems like we've dwindled a bit. Oh well... we've still got the faves. And of course UHOH and I will totally be cleaning house on the Dragon! Hopefully I'll be able to DRIVE the car home in one piece.

Gotta go. I'll try to post updates while on the trip. I just got the new IPhone and I don't know how to use it yet. <giggle> But I hear that internet access and phone service is scarce up in them there parts anyway.

XOXO

Love, 'Ola

Old 10-22-2009 | 09:17 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hello freebies...how's everyone doing today?

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:16 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Hello freebies...how's everyone doing today?

Hey AKIndi!! I am still locked away in the master bedroom,,,but am better,, I think.!
How are you? what daring adventures have you planned for the weekend?? seems like you are always doing outdoor stuff.
I have the windows open here,,, there is anice breeze with streaming sunshine,,perfect fall day.

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:34 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI all!
just a quick jump on in the middle of the day.
OLA and X have a great trip!
Hi AK., TN
Cabby- glad your feeling a bit better, don't over do it though!!!
oh and yes my sun roof is open - Nugget staring at me through my office window... waiting patientely for me to finish- talk later!

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:55 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Well glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm not sure I could handle being locked away in a room...would definitely go stir crazy!

I'm doing alright, thanks. It has just been a long week here in the office and I just can't wait for it to end.

No real plans for the weekend...the weather has been quite crummy lately. If it actually clears up in time for the weekend, I might try hitting the rivers and go fishing. This may be my last opportunity to catch fresh coho salmon for the remainder of the year. They were just starting to spawn the last time I went out.

Hey AKIndi!! I am still locked away in the master bedroom,,,but am better,, I think.!
How are you? what daring adventures have you planned for the weekend?? seems like you are always doing outdoor stuff.
I have the windows open here,,, there is anice breeze with streaming sunshine,,perfect fall day.

Old 10-22-2009 | 11:07 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So I'm in the hotel in Cumming, GA... a Holiday Inn Express. It's very nice actually... don't know if I'll wake up any smarter. Interesting... no one other than Mr. Alaska has stopped by today? So what hotels are you guys staying in? Cab- how's your "Swine Flu"?

See you tomorrow.

I drove about 500 miles today. Gotta go map the rest of the trip. Pretty sure it'll be 129 all the way to Fontana.

G'nite.

Sorry Gem I missed your quick pop on. Apparently it was just that fast.

Old 10-23-2009 | 08:58 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HEY OLA, no problem, it was very quick..

How's the trip going so far?
Cab, how you feeling today?
AK sorry for the bad weather, we had bad weather for 4 days into last weekend - it finally cleared up during the week and don't you know it is supposed to start raining tonight and into the weekend again.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Old 10-23-2009 | 09:42 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
g'morning everyone. It's still raining and the DOT crew has closed down one road due to the river flooding over it. There's worries that the other roads may suffer from mud slides yet again... I'm glad I don't need to use those roads on a regular basis...

Last edited by AKIndiMini; 10-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2009 | 07:59 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
g'morning everyone. It's still raining and the DOT crew has closed down one road due to the river flooding over it. There's worries that the other roads may suffer from mud slides yet again... I'm glad I don't need to use those roads on a regular basis...

Stay safe over there AKIndy! Is there any sort of fishing that can be done in the muck??

I am healed!! Much improved. And starting tomorrow I will be "allowed" around others as my fever has been non existant for 2 days now!
I have such "wheezy" lungs, tho. Guess this is what H1N1 attacks.. the lungs.. It's kind of hard to fall asleep with all the noises- really does sound like bagpipes...

Someone asked about RG-- she is alive and well on Facebook. As of tonight I noticed her post about entering her pup in a Halloween contest... let's hope she wins!

Old 10-24-2009 | 07:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
We've dropped into 3rd Place can't let that happen!! Every one must be having fantabulous weather and have caught the Fall Must Be Outside Bug!!
Hubby and I took a drive today down to Fry's Electronics...BAD decision...we came back with a New HP Desktop Computer and a New Monitor, our current one is ancient, so a faster one will be so nice. We initially went down to get a Laptop for our soon to be 18 year olds B-Day.

Old 10-25-2009 | 04:52 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Morning all, happy sunday,
looking for that *smiliey with the coffee*, that I claimed so long ago..

Hi RJ- so did you give your sonthe ancient computer for his 18th??
Cabby girl - glad your feeling better!
X and Ola should be having some fun at the meet by now!!!
AK - still having crappy weather? We had a pretty bad thunder storm last night (It's October!)

Old 10-25-2009 | 09:02 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Morning all, happy sunday,
looking for that *smiliey with the coffee*, that I claimed so long ago..

Hi RJ- so did you give your sonthe ancient computer for his 18th??
Cabby girl - glad your feeling better!
X and Ola should be having some fun at the meet by now!!!
AK - still having crappy weather? We had a pretty bad thunder storm last night (It's October!)
No Gem the Laptop will help her finish off her Senior Year and College next Fall. We each already have Laptops, Hubby's is the newer of the two.

We had a pretty nice day yesterday, but they say RAIN Today, hasn't shown up yet though. A bit on the chilly side, I need to get out and give Molly some TLC Today!!

Hey Cab..did you ever get your Tire situation worked out?? I put those Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grids on Molly last Monday, they are a VERY nice tire, they will be great for our PNW Winters!!

Old 10-25-2009 | 12:29 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Heya gem - our weather has finally turned nice for a change, though according to our weather forecasters it won't be like this for long. We're expecting to get snow by tonight. Guess it's time for me to put the winter shoes on my vehicles. lol

Old 10-26-2009 | 07:02 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HULLOOOOOOO FREEEBIES!!!

I don't have all my photos downloaded yet (*sigh* it's this annoying "have to go to work" thing....it's SO cramping my style.) But SURPRISE to 'Ola!!! Hal DID join us on the Dragon!! Although I almost broke down and let it slip - he and Deb were late checking in, and had to meet us out...I had to come up with creative ways of explaining why we were waiting so long for dinner when "everybody" was already there. !! We had a blast. 'Ola ran around with the top down almost the whole time - and the poor little hot-house flower was driving in 40degree weather. There were more tickets issued during this trip than I'd seen in the past, though! (Not to any Freebie, though - but the cop WAS a little surprised when he pulled 60 MINIs over, ...he only ticketed the first four....)

ANyway: lots of love to you guys - we talked about you all and wished you'd been there. I'll post photos later. It was GORGEOUS out there!

Have a great day guys!

Old 10-26-2009 | 11:29 AM
miniola
6th Gear
UHOH you are SOOOOOOOOO sneaky!

BIG BIG hugs to HAL and Mrs. HAL (Deb) for trekking all the way to MSSD and skipping the romantic night in the choo choo! You guys are awfully sweet!

UHOH was of course our fearless twisty leader. Her brother was great too. WE were all supposed to be focused on the twisties and keeping the car on the road (and not in the ditch/trees/off the mountains) and Brad was hanging WAY OUT of the window to get some really great shots of MINI train. I started laughing so hard that I was crying! (I couldn't believe that he wasn't tossed out the window!) But as we all know... big tears can't be welling up when one has to SEE!! I wish I could have taken some pics of it but I imagine that once someone found my camera in the woods it would just show trees/ditch/car flipping... so I just took pictures with my eyes. (Or as Brad so lovingly referred to it as "blinking".) Permanently burned into my mind.

I found some pics of us on the us129photo site. Killboy hasn't loaded up yet. The pics on us129 are pretty good.

Old 10-26-2009 | 11:47 AM
miniola
6th Gear
We start on page 14 of cars and trucks on Saturday the 24th. Maybe this link will work. There will be more that will be posted.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Thum...1&g=0QAK00LU00

I think the funniest thing is that it looks like we were going very slow... but taking the curves actually goes very fast... like 2-3 seconds.

Old 10-26-2009 | 01:30 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow, sounds like X, Ola, and Hal, had a great time!!! way to go Hal and surprise Ola!!! good job.

can't wait to see photos!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...