Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009 | 12:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
That was FAST RG...wish you could stay awhile!!

Old 11-11-2009 | 01:20 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear

It's NaNoWriMo this month. I need to break 30k words this week if I'm gonna win... so I have like... no life right now.

Old 11-11-2009 | 03:25 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
I searched for what RG is so darn busy with...www.nanowrimo.org/!!

Way to go RG...you've got a Boat Load of Freebies rooting for YOU!!!

Old 11-11-2009 | 05:06 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Ola - From a veteran, Thank You!

Old 11-11-2009 | 05:08 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RandomGemini

It's NaNoWriMo this month. I need to break 30k words this week if I'm gonna win... so I have like... no life right now.
Your what hurts?

Old 11-11-2009 | 06:20 PM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
LOL!

Thanks guys!

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Old 11-11-2009 | 06:43 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Freebies!
Sorry I haven't checked in before this- NAM must have had a brain faht, cause I never got any notice y'all were here- Last time I was on, it was fairly quiet... so just a few moments ago, I went digging thru the forums to see if anyone was around and boy am I surprised to see you all!
Ola- that poster is spot on! You're so right, I don't know how X and Hal and all our other men & women in uniform do it, but THANK YOU GUYS! We LOVE YOU!!!

Cabbie, if you and RJ even THINK of taking the body work conversation to PM, I'll be miffed. I learn so much reading that! That Youtube video was GREAT.

RG- get to work girl. You've got your fan club waiting on you!

X, dahlin'... what's this about your sofa going to the dump? I think there is a soldier who's extremely upset his "bed" is gone! Oh, and your communication info was fabulous! something to remember, when the earthquake hit in China, all the cell phone service was wiped out EXCEPT for texting. A lot of the victims were able to get texts to their family members which helped them get found & let the family members know they were ok...

That said, we have a below ground basement which serves as a storm cellar in bad weather (read tornadoes). One thing I learned, by accident, when the tornado hit in 2008, was to keep a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) plugged in and charged up- we grabbed ours off our desktop computers (after unplugging the puters from everythign) and hauled them into the storm shelter... we had battery power that whole nite which ran our laptops and allowed us to keep up with the streaming vids of where the storm cells were (and when they were supposed to hit us again). Between that and the wind up flashlights and wind up radio, we were up to date on info... we also both have 2 cell batteries, which we regularly change out, keeping both charged. That way, in an emergency, we have at least one full battery each on our cells. Other than that, David's a ham radio operator. We routinely loose power, which in winter can cause pipes to freeze, so every building with regular plumbing has alternative heating methods (fireplaces & wood stoves)-

ya know- maybe we should all collaborate on "what to do in an emergency"- and then see if we can post it as a sticky... we did that on my horse rescue thread, which included emergency animal evacuation info and had hints on what to do in a: hurricane, tornado, blizzard, forest fire, earthquake, national security emergency... and maybe one or two others.

Ok- off to grab some sleep! Nite everyone

Old 11-11-2009 | 08:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
That is a GREAT idea TNMM!!

Hubby and I use the ICE (In Case of Emergency) Contact Info. on our Cell Phones!!

And this is something that I used to do with my Daughter when at the store and she got big enough to go off and explore on her own. If I was wondering what she was up to I'd call her name, she had to come out from where ever she was, so I could see her, and tell me..."I'm OK". Gosh...she's now 23, I don't think that would work anymore??!!

For Christmas I got her and her Husband a Gift Subsciption to AAA, they are up in Alaska, so more than anything it's piece of mind for me, I don't know why I hadn't thought about it sooner.

Old 11-11-2009 | 09:03 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Great idea RJ- Altho you certainly aren't old enoug to have a 23 yr old... Nope, just not old enough.
I keep AAA too- but it's because I'm pretty sure one of my two elderly Mercedes Benz' are going to decide to NOT run once I'm out somewhere and need to get home. <sigh>

Nite all- I'm zonked. New bed comes tomorrow

Old 11-12-2009 | 10:22 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
*waves*

Old 11-12-2009 | 12:26 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
*waves*
And dashes off with out a trace...I think he's not able to be seen because he's got snow up to his...(fill in the blank)!!

Old 11-12-2009 | 01:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ahhhh Tnny!! You always make me laugh.. ok,, no PM's between me and RJ---or if we do we will add you into the address bar..
Gosh, it is windy and rainy here,, can't help but be worried about GemGirl,,,sigh
I think they are fine, but am afraid they had a lot of rain and wind on that cruise home..

I can't wait to hear about the new matress/bed.. did I ever say to you that is sounds like you got an awesome deal!!??

Has anyone noticed just how close the holidays are now???

I must now confess- we have no emergency communications set up. Nuthin, Zilch, nadda...

I kindof like the txt idea.. but I guess I should have something in place since all of my family lives out of state.

Ola,, I LOVE that Veterans "poster" that was awesome and am proud of you for thinking to put it on here....
And Ola?? You have been kindof quiet on here,,, what fun things are you up to?????

RG-- I watch your posts on Facebook,, you look like you are really racking up the words!! Go RG ! Go RG !! Go RG!!!

Old 11-12-2009 | 01:30 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
*waves*
**Waves back** grinning from ear to ear

Old 11-12-2009 | 01:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Okay,, now waving good bye to all--- gotta go slip back into "work mode"
One more really deep tissue to do,,, then me and my hands get to rest!

Old 11-12-2009 | 04:03 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
lol

Well it did snow today...though it was just a light dusting...not quite enough to get up to my (fill in the blank)

Old 11-12-2009 | 06:47 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Everyone's been kind of quiet... don't you remember there were a couple of days that I don't think anyone visited! Anyway... I'm just busy lining up ducks. It's a lot of work... .

UHOH are you getting the Nor'Easter? Warm buns=warm heart.
Originally Posted by cabwy
Ahhhh Tnny!! You always make me laugh.. ok,, no PM's between me and RJ---or if we do we will add you into the address bar..
Gosh, it is windy and rainy here,, can't help but be worried about GemGirl,,,sigh
I think they are fine, but am afraid they had a lot of rain and wind on that cruise home..

I can't wait to hear about the new matress/bed.. did I ever say to you that is sounds like you got an awesome deal!!??

Has anyone noticed just how close the holidays are now???

I must now confess- we have no emergency communications set up. Nuthin, Zilch, nadda...

I kindof like the txt idea.. but I guess I should have something in place since all of my family lives out of state.

Ola,, I LOVE that Veterans "poster" that was awesome and am proud of you for thinking to put it on here....
And Ola?? You have been kindof quiet on here,,, what fun things are you up to?????

RG-- I watch your posts on Facebook,, you look like you are really racking up the words!! Go RG ! Go RG !! Go RG!!!

Old 11-12-2009 | 06:48 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Ola - From a veteran, Thank You!
Welcome Hal!

Old 11-13-2009 | 02:13 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Ola - just think, two weeks from today Deb and I will be down there getting ready to go to the Columbia restaurant. Are you still going to be able to meet us there?

Old 11-13-2009 | 02:24 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HI ALL - I'm back and refreshed!!!!
Just caught up on the last 2 pages????????
seriously 2 pages??? wow somehow disappointed! but easier to reply...
X great idea on communation with family. thanks
Ola love the Veterns post!
RG keep going......
Hal and Akindi - hi
TN, Cabby and any others that were concerned.... it was smooth sailing until the last day, who ever call that one was correct... ugh, rough waters, not a bad as it could have been but 15 foot waves (says hubby) but i say 30 foot. either case it was rough, yes with even taking pills i was still queezy and not my self, did make it to dinner but 1/2 the folks didn't. Once i ate i felt a whole lot better!
The house is still rocking! But we got home late last night and send a quick note to Cabby and went to bed. Puppy is now home and dam is it cold here.
Bermuda was nice but liked other islands better. Don't think I would go back anytime soon. I like more quiet islands. But the drinks were just what the doctor ordered.....
I'm glad to be home and in my own home again!

Old 11-13-2009 | 04:42 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs!

Gem, so glad to hear you're back! I don't know about you guys, but I haven't been able to get NAM to pull up at all!! I had a nice long reply to a bunch of stuff, and it just *poof* disappeared. It hasn't been much of a good week, it feels...But we did decide on a property manager. I HATE the idea of signing away our poor house!!

It's been wet and rainy, and cold and yucky. Got to go on a buisness trip starting Sunday - oh yay. *SIGH.* I wanna take a nice LOOOONG nap.

Hope ya'll are faring better.

Old 11-13-2009 | 05:53 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OK, so I'm singing the Welcome Back Kotter theme song in my head, but it's for Gemmy! Glad you made it home in one piece. Now go enjoy being home and get some sleep. All rested up and sheyat... Probably have a nice tan too... gots you some good cookin' in that belly o'yours. <sigh>

Update on the bed front... new bed came in yesterday- slept in it last night and WOW! it's good stuff. Back didn't hurt nearly as badly this morning, and I feel a lot more rested (altho I did manage to loose feeling in my left arm, and it's still tingling... poooh!).

OK- off to ignore the mess in here (the house that is)-
Nite Freebies!

Old 11-14-2009 | 05:43 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN glad you are enjoying the bed, it makes a big difference. Oh and No Tan, Bermuda is in the fall season also it was very windy and cool there, but did eat ALOT!!!!
x I had problems all day yesterday too trying to log on. Thought it was just my computer.
Hal I'm sure I missed it but what branch of service were you in?

Old 11-14-2009 | 07:21 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey Gemmy, I was in the Air Force for four years. Left as an E-4 Sargent.

That's where I was first exposed to Minis. I had three while I was over there; a van and two coupes. Wish I had took the time to send one back, but it was a REALLY big hassle to make one legal for State side importation.

Wow, we just had an on topic posting relevant to classic Minis.

Old 11-14-2009 | 07:29 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Hey Gemmy, I was in the Air Force for four years. Left as an E-4 Sargent.

That's where I was first exposed to Minis. I had three while I was over there; a van and two coupes. Wish I had took the time to send one back, but it was a REALLY big hassle to make one legal for State side importation.

Wow, we just had an on topic posting relevant to classic Minis.
Hahaha you are correct Classic Mini mention!!! way to go....

Happy belated Veterns day to you!

Old 11-14-2009 | 06:15 PM
MtyMous
Banned
277 pages... wow... this thing steamrolled, didn't it. lol

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...