Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:51 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by anitan1
LOL! I read through the first 150 pages and then gave up!!! Can somebody PLEASE let me off the hook? Did he get it or not...? The suspense is killing me.
Did you REALLY read 150 pages? And you didn't find the answer? OK then... cough up a nerdy high school picture to post and I'll tell you the answer.

BTW- Congrats on just joining NAM. Did you just get a MINI? I didn't join NAM until I'd owned a MINI for several years... never knew what I was missing out on. Welcome to our silly little place.

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:56 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
We're planning on going to the one down at the Pier in St. Pete. I'm waiting to hear back from some of my friends in the area, but looks like we'll probably get reservations about 6 PM. If that time changes I'll let you know. It'll be great to see you again.

P.S. - Just noticed this is my 300th post. Probably 90% of my posts are in this thread.
JC!! NAM is still all WONKY!!

Hal- weren't you originally thinking about a lunch timey thing?

AND CONGRATS on your 300th POST!!! Except it seems like you post more than that... .

Old 11-20-2009 | 08:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
I swear to GOD that if I had to listen to that music play while waiting for crap to load... I would slit my wrists and end it all! I DO like the beach ball though... it is VERY pretty! My "wait" symbol looks like a hula hoop or that Anti-Matter thingy in Switzerland. (The CERN Particle Accelerator)

Old 11-20-2009 | 08:50 AM
anitan1
3rd Gear
Miniola,
Thanks!! Just got my first mini. A friend of mine let me drive his 8 years ago and I've waited patiently to get one. I found a really low mileage 2002 Cooper S a few weeks ago and decided to not wait any longer. Chile Red, White Roof (complete with the Union Jack), 6 speed I LOVE IT!!!

Already making plans to meet my friend (the one who started this obsession of mine) on the Dragon this coming May. I'm all jacked up about it. Will try to get some car picks up in the near future...just need to have a sunny day here in Warsaw, Indiana so I can get out and take a few...

And YES, I read 150 pages, maybe a bit more...as you know, this thread goes all over the place, but I never did find an answer to the question...
DID HE GET THE FREAKING CAR OR NOT?????

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:22 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
As the Queen (OLA) said, post a photos of your self in high school and you will get your answer!!! We all had to do that, sort of an initiation to this special thread!

Notice in the first 150 pages, most people dropped out, they couldn't cut it with the rules! OH and almost forgot another rule, you need to start driving all over this country to meet all of us....

Queen OLA has spoken...

Congrats with your new MINI and welcome to the club!

Hi everyone else, just dropping in - crazy week, will fill you all in later.
Cab how are you doing??? You and I live the closest and we still don't see each other!

Old 11-21-2009 | 04:59 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
weeeeeyallll... It all started like this...

(cue next teller of tall tales)

Old 11-21-2009 | 05:56 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Aww...don't keep the poor thing in suspense! You WILL have to post an embarrassing pic of yourself, anitan1, but NO, poor Skillet didn't get the Mini from the Bad Apple.

Hia Freebs. It's been quite a week. I had to spend most of it out at Fort Leonard Wood, MO...we jokingly call it "Fort Lost In the Woods" but that's actually NOT a joke. I had to drive 2hrs (NOT in a MINI) out from ST Louis to get there. The whole drive (and the whole week) I kept thinking, "HOLY CRAP! No WONDER this place is one of the most unhealthy in the country!!!" THere was nothing but fast food joints out there - ANYwhere! Astounding...and NOT good for me. I had to find a Japanese hole in the wall place to get anything resembling healthy. And the whole time NAM kept kicking me off or just not coming up at all.

Gotta move Grandma tomorrow - poor thing is evicted from her assisted living facility because they're renting a regular house...and the freakin' landlord is in foreclosure. So we've had 30 days to find her another place. My uncle...well...let's just leave it alone. I'll get wound up about poor long term decisions again, and it just won't make me a nice person tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2009 | 06:08 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X sorry to hear about your grandmom's situation! that sucks.

ugh and junk food joints - i would starve! yuck!
good luck

Old 11-21-2009 | 06:26 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
ugh and junk food joints - i would starve! yuck!
good luck
Guess that's never been a problem for me. I can always find something I like to eat; even at convenience stores.

But I do have good taste when it comes to fine dining also. Guess I have eclectic tastes when it comes to food.

Old 11-21-2009 | 07:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Guess that's never been a problem for me. I can always find something I like to eat; even at convenience stores.

But I do have good taste when it comes to fine dining also. Guess I have eclectic tastes when it comes to food.

I am right there with you Hal!! that is one of the "self improvement" things that I am presently working on--staying out of the fast food lines!!!

Uhoh, sorry you had a tough week and sorry about your g ma problems,,, sigh-- it just doesn't get any easier - eh?

Old 11-21-2009 | 08:10 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hey Cab- I meant to say thanks for the linky poo the other day but NAM was getting too crazy slow. So THANK YOU! And hopefully this will post.

Gem- I love Queen OLA ('cept I've never been much of a QUEEN... just a PRINCESS!! )

But now it's been ruined... *sigh*... we'll never know what anitan1 looked like in high school.

BTW- the answer is actually in the very first post. The part where it says "It was all a lie...". Was it the Wizard of Oz that said something about how " the answer was with you all the time" (or something like that anyway).

Old 11-21-2009 | 09:04 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Ahhh Shucks...the Secret is RUINED!!

UhOh I totally understand what you are going through, it's never easy caring for an elderly relative. Hugs and Good Thoughts are with you!!

I'm not one who can just eat anywhere either. I especially don't like Convenience Store Food, I tend to want to know what I'm getting into when Hubby decides that this place looks interesting...let's try it. And if Food has been in the Fridge for longer than 3 Days...I won't eat it!!

Not to break my own arm or anything, BUT I added a new excercise to my workout. On Friday I was on the Treadmill, I did a 5min. Warmup @ 2.5mph for 5min., then I waled @ 3.5mph for 5min., then I alternated Jogging for 2min. @ 3.5mph and walking for 8min. until my 40min. Workout was done, I walked to Cool Down for 5min. @ 2.5mph!!
Oh, and did I tell you what else I'm doing. Cab you may want to chime in on this one. This may sound gross to some of you, it certainly did to me at first. I'm drinking 1Tbsp of EVOO every morning when I 1st get up. I don't know what it is, but I feel so much better, my hips and knees don't hurt as much, hence the Jogging. I did take 2 Ibuprophen early today, but that is all I've needed so far. I bought a New Pair of Running Shoes (Adidas), so I plan on coninuing my Jogging on the Treadmill until Spring then we'll see if I can take it outside!!

Old 11-22-2009 | 06:39 AM
anitan1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
...NO, poor Skillet didn't get the Mini from the Bad Apple.
My mom always told me, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is..." I just can't understand why the Bad Apple would do that to Skillet...? That's just mean. At least she stopped short of actually having him fly down.

I'll look for "an embarrassing high school pic," but honestly not sure where I will find it. Will post it here if I find one.

Thanks "UhOh" for letting me off the hook. Sorry to hear about your week. I hope it gets better...

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:02 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
My mom always told me, "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is..." I just can't understand why the Bad Apple would do that to Skillet...? That's just mean. At least she stopped short of actually having him fly down.

I'll look for "an embarrassing high school pic," but honestly not sure where I will find it. Will post it here if I find one.

Thanks "UhOh" for letting me off the hook. Sorry to hear about your week. I hope it gets better...
You sound like you would fit in nicely with this group. hope you stay awhile.
Tell us a little about your self and your MINI.

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:07 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Gem- I love Queen OLA ('cept I've never been much of a QUEEN... just a PRINCESS!! )
In my mind your the Queen to this group!
But sorry with my "gem" name I want to be princess!!!

regarding fast food, hate the stuff, the last time i was at a fast food restaruant was with Cab on a Sonic run with the group and the food just ok, couldn't do that more then once a year at least...
I'm glad mickydee's came out with salads, if I have to go there that is what i get. But then it helps that i don't eat beef anyway!

Old 11-22-2009 | 08:19 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
In my mind your the Queen to this group!
But sorry with my "gem" name I want to be princess!!!

regarding fast food, hate the stuff, the last time i was at a fast food restaruant was with Cab on a Sonic run with the group and the food just ok, couldn't do that more then once a year at least...
I'm glad mickydee's came out with salads, if I have to go there that is what i get. But then it helps that i don't eat beef anyway!

Hey don't QUEENS have more "gems" than PRINCESSES?!?

Old 11-22-2009 | 08:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Ahhh Shucks...the Secret is RUINED!!

UhOh I totally understand what you are going through, it's never easy caring for an elderly relative. Hugs and Good Thoughts are with you!!

I'm not one who can just eat anywhere either. I especially don't like Convenience Store Food, I tend to want to know what I'm getting into when Hubby decides that this place looks interesting...let's try it. And if Food has been in the Fridge for longer than 3 Days...I won't eat it!!

Not to break my own arm or anything, BUT I added a new excercise to my workout. On Friday I was on the Treadmill, I did a 5min. Warmup @ 2.5mph for 5min., then I waled @ 3.5mph for 5min., then I alternated Jogging for 2min. @ 3.5mph and walking for 8min. until my 40min. Workout was done, I walked to Cool Down for 5min. @ 2.5mph!!
Oh, and did I tell you what else I'm doing. Cab you may want to chime in on this one. This may sound gross to some of you, it certainly did to me at first. I'm drinking 1Tbsp of EVOO every morning when I 1st get up. I don't know what it is, but I feel so much better, my hips and knees don't hurt as much, hence the Jogging. I did take 2 Ibuprophen early today, but that is all I've needed so far. I bought a New Pair of Running Shoes (Adidas), so I plan on coninuing my Jogging on the Treadmill until Spring then we'll see if I can take it outside!!
I just had to look up EVOO.

I have been using Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I use 1-2TBS per day in my protein shakes (Muscle Milk). Since August I have lost 30 pounds. I work out about 8-10 hours per week. I have very limited carb intake... mostly what's in the protein shake. No soda or diet soda (well, maybe like 1 per week). My muscle mass has increased significantly. I think I've lost about 4 sizes in my booty but not up top (which is cool by me!) I work out in the pool and do some aerobic stuff but mostly I focus on resistance training (basically weight training... but I use those heavy duty tubes attached to an anchor point... and I keep breaking them ). I have been keeping myself in ketosis... after all of these years I think I have figured out that I have had some insulin resistance... so even though I was eating a somewhat balanced diet it just wasn't working. I have also increased my salt intake significantly. THAT has helped my joints and has helped regulate how my body retains fluid. My weight would sometimes fluctuate 5-10 pounds in one day and I never knew why. Now it stays in one place... it's so weird. Again, all these years I had cut out most salt... drank lots of water and I think it messed up my electrical system and the kidneys. My body is much happier now. Also, with all of this saturated fat (evCo) that I have been eating, I have dropped my cholesterol by 110 points. (Never understood why my cholesterol was SOOO high when I didn't eat fatty foods! ) I've been at the plateau for weight loss for a few weeks now... but I think I might be breaking through it finally. So basically I am not taking advice of any doctors and I am doing very well. It's all good!

Old 11-22-2009 | 08:56 AM
miniola
6th Gear

UHOH was preoccupied... THAT's why she let you off the hook! But you've still got the rest of us to deal with!

Basically APPLE is one messed up woman. She lives in a 550sf trailer and just stays on forums all day long. She wishes that she was something that she is not. She entertains herself by hurting other people. She is rotten. Hopefully one day she'll get help.

But I am glad you stopped by. And like Gem said, hopefully you'll stay. Your pic doesn't have to be "high school"... you can use one from your younger days. And just so you won't feel weird about posting when no one else is... I'll post mine again. YES- I played a part in creating GLOBAL WARMING!! There is one other pic in my gallery (the lion's den one! ) I doubt that anyone else will repost theirs... BUT I will... I think it's hilarious!

Old 11-22-2009 | 09:03 AM
miniola
6th Gear
And UHOH- you know I've got nothin' but love for ya' babe! Big HUGS!!!

Old 11-22-2009 | 12:52 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
I just had to look up EVOO.

I have been using Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I use 1-2TBS per day in my protein shakes (Muscle Milk). Since August I have lost 30 pounds. I work out about 8-10 hours per week. I have very limited carb intake... mostly what's in the protein shake. No soda or diet soda (well, maybe like 1 per week). My muscle mass has increased significantly. I think I've lost about 4 sizes in my booty but not up top (which is cool by me!) I work out in the pool and do some aerobic stuff but mostly I focus on resistance training (basically weight training... but I use those heavy duty tubes attached to an anchor point... and I keep breaking them ). I have been keeping myself in ketosis... after all of these years I think I have figured out that I have had some insulin resistance... so even though I was eating a somewhat balanced diet it just wasn't working. I have also increased my salt intake significantly. THAT has helped my joints and has helped regulate how my body retains fluid. My weight would sometimes fluctuate 5-10 pounds in one day and I never knew why. Now it stays in one place... it's so weird. Again, all these years I had cut out most salt... drank lots of water and I think it messed up my electrical system and the kidneys. My body is much happier now. Also, with all of this saturated fat (evCo) that I have been eating, I have dropped my cholesterol by 110 points. (Never understood why my cholesterol was SOOO high when I didn't eat fatty foods! ) I've been at the plateau for weight loss for a few weeks now... but I think I might be breaking through it finally. So basically I am not taking advice of any doctors and I am doing very well. It's all good!
OK...so I'm not NUTS!!

Ola you are doing so much more than I??!! I'm just glad I found something that allows me to be more active, M-F that is. I don't do any excerising on the Weekends, so I feel good about anything I do during the week. Today though...I'm being a Couch Potato (ok Chair Potato), I'm not feeling well and can't figure out why. Tummy is not being nice, so I'll rest and hopefully able to get around more later today.

Old 11-22-2009 | 01:32 PM
anitan1
3rd Gear
Ola, that's an awesome pic! You've motivated me...I dug out a photo album that had a picture in it from either the prom or the Junior ring dance. This is from 1982 and I chose it because it is the goofiest pic of me that I could find...enjoy a good laugh on ME!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-1982.jpg  
Old 11-22-2009 | 03:56 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ola, that's an awesome pic! You've motivated me...I dug out a photo album that had a picture in it from either the prom or the Junior ring dance. This is from 1982 and I chose it because it is the goofiest pic of me that I could find...enjoy a good laugh on ME!

OOoooooohhhh I love this!!! Welcome to our "inane" fold!!

Or should I say "insane"??
RJ -- that is cool about the EVOO!! I haven't done that but I saute my veggies in EVOO -- I love asparagus and green beans saute'd in it!
I am a huge fan of Omage 3 oils-- the brand that is the best ( in my mind) is the Nordic Naturals. GNC sells them. It has great anti inflammatory properties and help to reduce your cholesterol levels---PLUS if you happen to be taking any sort of a stain ( for high cholest.) it helps give your brain some of the healthy fats that is needs to perform...

There are lots of alternative ways to help combat the inflammatory processes in our bodies..
OLA!! This is what I meant like over a month ago!! I was asking you how your healthy life style was going,,, you would mention working out in your pool from time to time and I figured you were in a good place so good for you!! Yah!! You go girlie!!! Even though I thought that you looked awesome when I met you this summer,,,,

My new workout has been Pilates.... love it!! While I was sick with the "swine flu" I decided to shop on QVC ( I know,,, how funny is that???) and I ended up buying the reformer and it is pretty awesome! It makes it easy to work on your core strength and it even has a rebounding feature so I can do some aerobics on it. But I try to power walk outside daily while the weather holds---- has anyone heard of Chi Walking?

Old 11-22-2009 | 04:45 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Beautiful!! I'm glad I got you out! I love the fuzzy part on top and the almost mullet in back! Reminds me of the hockey boys!You look nice though. So do you have any current pics of yourself now? We've all done THAT too!

So what does your code name mean? anitan1? We've learned about everyone's name over all of these pages... so give us a clue. A short synopsis from memory... Cabwy is NOT a cab driver from Wyoming and HalAC is NOT an A/C guy. Gem is the QUEEN of gems.

BTW- MY pic was for my senior pic- 1990.

Last edited by miniola; 11-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2009 | 04:57 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
OOoooooohhhh I love this!!! Welcome to our "inane" fold!!

Or should I say "insane"??
RJ -- that is cool about the EVOO!! I haven't done that but I saute my veggies in EVOO -- I love asparagus and green beans saute'd in it!
I am a huge fan of Omage 3 oils-- the brand that is the best ( in my mind) is the Nordic Naturals. GNC sells them. It has great anti inflammatory properties and help to reduce your cholesterol levels---PLUS if you happen to be taking any sort of a stain ( for high cholest.) it helps give your brain some of the healthy fats that is needs to perform...

There are lots of alternative ways to help combat the inflammatory processes in our bodies..
OLA!! This is what I meant like over a month ago!! I was asking you how your healthy life style was going,,, you would mention working out in your pool from time to time and I figured you were in a good place so good for you!! Yah!! You go girlie!!! Even though I thought that you looked awesome when I met you this summer,,,,

My new workout has been Pilates.... love it!! While I was sick with the "swine flu" I decided to shop on QVC ( I know,,, how funny is that???) and I ended up buying the reformer and it is pretty awesome! It makes it easy to work on your core strength and it even has a rebounding feature so I can do some aerobics on it. But I try to power walk outside daily while the weather holds---- has anyone heard of Chi Walking?
inane/insane... it's ALL good! (tomato/tomato... ... sounds the same when typed!)

Cab- I get my stuff from vitacost.com. They have good prices. Thanks for the compliments *blushing*... but I always hide behind big clothes. It's stupid. The madness has to end.

RJ- You're doing great things! I just decided (for myself) that I was done screwing around with trying to eat normally and so I went extreme. I really love exercising in the pool though. I do every other day and it's usually about 2 hours+. Soon it will be too expensive to heat though... so I'll have to figure out something else.

I haven't heard about Chi Walking... do tell.

Old 11-22-2009 | 05:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
but I saute my veggies in EVOO -- I love asparagus and green beans saute'd in it!
My mind keeps reading this as "I SALUTE my veggies in EVOO". What does this mean??? I am crazy. Shocking... I know.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...