Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009 | 05:58 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs. Welcome back anitan....NICE pic!

Today. TOday, we will not speak of in depth, or I'm going to get pissed again. One thing after another. The new place is nice, although less than half the size of the personal room grandma is leaving, and is roughly 2.5hrs from me now - but it's a certified assisted living, with the right size doorways, ramps, bathrooms, etc. to go with it...so no fear of THIS one going wrong.

My family. GOD love them, because I'd like to murder them. There are two large AND VERY HEAVY sleeper sofas hanging out the back of my truck (waiting for me to take them to a donation place that will actually TAKE them), and I have to go back up Wednesday to haul the rest of her furniture to an auction house. One of the stupid couches (ok, they're so much bigger than sofas) BIT me! Actually jammed my thumb to the point I thought I'd wripped off the nail - blood everywhere!

Ok. Enough - I'm going to get ratcheted back up...

I hope ya'll have a good week!!! Good job with the weight loss, kids!!!

Old 11-22-2009 | 06:39 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
My mind keeps reading this as "I SALUTE my veggies in EVOO". What does this mean??? I am crazy. Shocking... I know.

HHmmm do you think saluting veggies does anything for our metabolisms??

Chi Walking is a cross between walking and running,,, it is kindof like cross country ski'ing without the ski's... but gosh does it ever burn the calories.. and make your thighs sore! I am really getting into it.

Old 11-22-2009 | 06:42 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Check Engine Light?????

Okay,, I have 9500 miles on my Sloopy and she will be a year old in December-- we are planning of using her on our Ohio trip on Wednesday and of course the Check Engine light pops on today,,, so I guess I need to run over to the dealership tomorrow (like I have the time to do that!) and have it checked out.
Could it be because my oil needs changing?????

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:01 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Okay,, I have 9500 miles on my Sloopy and she will be a year old in December-- we are planning of using her on our Ohio trip on Wednesday and of course the Check Engine light pops on today,,, so I guess I need to run over to the dealership tomorrow (like I have the time to do that!) and have it checked out.
Maybe the gas cap? I don't know. Shouldn't be due to oil change (I don't think). And I would guess your oil change wouldn't be for several thousand more miles. You could check your oil though... just to see what level it is. Really, it could be anything.

Mine has almost 19k on it... got it in September 2008!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HHmmm do you think saluting veggies does anything for our metabolisms??

Chi Walking is a cross between walking and running,,, it is kindof like cross country ski'ing without the ski's... but gosh does it ever burn the calories.. and make your thighs sore! I am really getting into it.

Originally Posted by x uh oh x

Today. TOday, we will not speak of in depth, or I'm going to get pissed again. One thing after another. The new place is nice, although less than half the size of the personal room grandma is leaving, and is roughly 2.5hrs from me now - but it's a certified assisted living, with the right size doorways, ramps, bathrooms, etc. to go with it...so no fear of THIS one going wrong.

My family. GOD love them, because I'd like to murder them. There are two large AND VERY HEAVY sleeper sofas hanging out the back of my truck (waiting for me to take them to a donation place that will actually TAKE them), and I have to go back up Wednesday to haul the rest of her furniture to an auction house. One of the stupid couches (ok, they're so much bigger than sofas) BIT me! Actually jammed my thumb to the point I thought I'd wripped off the nail - blood everywhere!

Sorry about the sucky day. I hate when couches bite!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:03 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Go to your local Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. They have an OBDII reader they hook up to a port below the dashboard. They will read it for free. It will read out a code that can tell you what area or system of the engine is having a problem. I had a CEL come up a few days after I got my MINI. Mine was a problem with the vacuum in the fuel system. Turned out to be a loose fuel cap. Sometimes it will be something simple.

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:09 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

Awww, honey,, If I was there I would put a Winnie the Pooh Bandaid on your thumb,, or maybe for you I would find a Wonder Woman Bandaid,,,

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:11 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Chi Walking??!! Do tell!!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:12 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Go to your local Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. They have an OBDII reader they hook up to a port below the dashboard. They will read it for free. It will read out a code that can tell you what area or system of the engine is having a problem. I had a CEL come up a few days after I got my MINI. Mine was a problem with the vacuum in the fuel system. Turned out to be a loose fuel cap. Sometimes it will be something simple.

Hal-- if you were close enough I would hug you!! I didn't know that Autozone would do that!! I had the vacuum lock thingy last summer and wondered that also and Ola I checked the cap... wish it was that,,,,,but hadn't even filled up the tank in a while--- that god mileage, yah know???

So, maybe I will do that instead of driving down to the dealership in a tight day..... stay tuned....
And?? Can NAM get any slower??? Giving up on it and going to bed!

Last edited by cabwy; 11-22-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-22-2009 | 07:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I have Hello Kitty Band-aids!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Maybe she can post a video of herself doing this?

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:15 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
HOn,, look at post # 6977 see if that answers your question?? If you did see it and you want more info I will try to look for a link to a video or something,, main thing is you slightly bend at the knees,,, walk heel toe heel toe and keep your tailbone tucked under and core tight.... then go as fast as you can,,,

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:17 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Maybe she can post a video of herself doing this?

Oh dear...... now Ola wants vids of us....

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I used AutoZone once but it wasn't specific. It just showed random cylinder misfire or something. MINI said it didn't mean anything.

Cab you must have meant GEM helped you.

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:28 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I used AutoZone once but it wasn't specific. It just showed random cylinder misfire or something. MINI said it didn't mean anything.

Cab you must have meant GEM helped you.

I keep trying to go to bed but this has been fun,,, but maybe becoz I am half asleep??? I don't get the GEM helping me???? What am I missing here???

HHmmmm maybe I should just go to the delaership so I can head out for our big trip without concerns...

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:29 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I keep trying to go to bed but this has been fun,,, but maybe becoz I am half asleep??? I don't get the GEM helping me???? What am I missing here???

HHmmmm maybe I should just go to the delaership so I can head out for our big trip without concerns...
I think you said I helped you with your gas cap... but I'm really far away!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:31 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh dear...... now Ola wants vids of us....

CHI-WALKING!!! CHI-WALKING ONLY!!! Since the rest of us are far less enlightened.

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:32 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
I think you said I helped you with your gas cap... but I'm really far away!

LOL,,,, with your gas cap loose suggestion !!!!!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Remember when you had to help me by holding the GPS for a signal! That was SO fun!

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:49 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Remember when you had to help me by holding the GPS for a signal! That was SO fun!

I was REALLY starting to think you were abducting me,,,,,, that WAS fun. Hopefully I will be in your area by the summer... there are several classes to be held in WPB..... even tho it is a longish drive for you :(

OKay!! This is it!! night night to all of you wonderful Nammies......who are probably all iin your jammies.....

Old 11-22-2009 | 07:52 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I was REALLY starting to think you were abducting me,,,,,, that WAS fun. Hopefully I will be in your area by the summer... there are several classes to be held in WPB..... even tho it is a longish drive for you :(

OKay!! This is it!! night night to all of you wonderful Nammies......who are probably all iin your jammies.....
I don't know where I would have taken you... it was pretty clear that I didn't know where I was!

I saw a Cap'n Morgan guy on the side of the road the other day about 30 minutes from here. I almost turned around to take a pic with it just for you!

Old 11-22-2009 | 09:37 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Y'all are just nuts! And I soooo love it!
Ok, is Chi Walking anything like power walking? I do that, it's a lot of hip movement and it's quite fast... I can't jog or run, so walking is my "thing"... altho I'm not regular at it (get enough just walking around the farm, LOL). But with the power walking, I do 3 to 5 minutes PW, then 2 - 3 minutes at a regular pace (lower heart rate a tad) then back to PW (raise heart rate) then lower, and back and forth like that for 20 minutes or more. Of course if I'm on the tread mill at the club, it's just a straight out 3.4 mph at a slight incline for 5 or 10, then it's strength training (gotta keep that core in shape, or I'll bust my butt with all the farm work).
On that note, I'm to bed... should have been there over an hour ago- Night eeryone!

Old 11-23-2009 | 06:42 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey Cab- that was what happened the night you, X and we meet for dinner, the next morning i took the gas cap off and put back on - it went away!

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:14 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Hey Cab- that was what happened the night you, X and we meet for dinner, the next morning i took the gas cap off and put back on - it went away!

Gem, I tried that,,, didn't help....... Sloopy is staying over nite with her relatives at Otto's tonight... hope she gets her rest, she has a long trip on Wednesday!

At least she will be all cleaned up and ready!!

Uhoh- I will be in Springboro and Ridgeville this weekend!!

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:17 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow I'm finally here and no one else is!!
First I'm sorry for the cryptic message above - I typed that last message running out to door meeting a client....
so let me tell you CAB - When my check engine light came on, it was the gas cap, read the manual about it eliminating fumes. So i took the cap off and put it back on and it went away. I had NOT gotten gas for like 4 days before, so I never thought that was the problem until it worked and never came back on again! good luck and have a great tirp.
Hi Freebies!!!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...