Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:18 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Gem, I tried that,,, didn't help....... Sloopy is staying over nite with her relatives at Otto's tonight... hope she gets her rest, she has a long trip on Wednesday!

At least she will be all cleaned up and ready!!

Uhoh- I will be in Springboro and Ridgeville this weekend!!
HEY YOU ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!

If you tried the gas cap trick, IGNORE MY LAST POST!!!
At least she is in good hands! good luck

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:21 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey almost everyone is here!!!!!!!! HI ALL!!!

wow, it's been awhile!
how is everyone tonight???
I'm tired and finally had 2 minutes to stop in and say hi....

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hey Gem...I think most everyone else has gone off to Nighty Nite!!

Old 11-23-2009 | 07:48 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Congratulations Gemmy!!!!

YOU MADE THE 7000th POST!!

Old 11-23-2009 | 08:22 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
WOOT! 7000 posts! Nice job Gemmy
So what's the prize???

Mom's here for the week- I may not be on much... then again, I may take refuge here. Besides, I have to get new shoes for Mocha... I really HATE (and I don't like that word) that 24k miles I need new tires... there's something way wrong with that pix. Worse is the cost of new run flats... I think I'm going to spend half the price, and get tires that last twice as long.

ok- If I dont' speak with y'all- HAPPY Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2009 | 06:28 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! For those of you whom I don't have email addresses (and funny enough, that's not very many!!) You FREEBIE types are welcome to our Christmas open house party on 5 DEC. I TOTALLy understand if you guys can't make it - especially the "wrong" coasters (just kidding RJ!!) but I want ya'll to know you're invited and welcome. It's going to be a kind of farewell Christmas party for us since we've got to pack up and move shortly afterwards. But it's a good incentive to keep cleaning!

Gotta go clean before heading to hubby's work for his unit's farewell lunch. I took leave today and tomorrow to get stuff done at the house AND to move/sort through grandma's stuff. Anybody interested in buying some Hummels?? *sigh*

Old 11-24-2009 | 05:53 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Good evening to all of my Freeb's buddies!!

I am not sure that I will be online much either..... lots of family and friends to visit and meals to eat and miles to log.,......,,

So I am wishing all of you a wonderful Holiday that, no matter how you celebrate it, fulfills your expectations..

Old 11-24-2009 | 07:52 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
On the Road Again.......

Here I sit in a hotel room in McDonough, GA., on our way to Clearwater, FL.

I may be incommunicado myself for the long weekend, so I'll wish you all a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

UhOh - Wish we could make it up there, but I've only got so much vacation time; gotta save it for MOTD 2010.

Old 11-24-2009 | 08:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hal- since I have your phone number I can just prank call and harass if you'd like! You know... keep you from getting too bored.

Happy Turkey Day to all Freebies. (Nice turkey Cab! )

Old 11-25-2009 | 09:23 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
g'morning freebies

Old 11-25-2009 | 12:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hal- I didn't even notice the 7000 post! wow!
Cab - be safe driving -yes and love the turkey- oh yeah what was wrong with Sloopy????
X good luck
Ola- you should crack call Hal- that is funny!
AK stay warm!
TN- ouch on the new tires prices, I have been looking myself.
RJ- sorry i left you the other night, I got tired myself!

Hope everyone has a "thankful" day!

Old 11-25-2009 | 12:48 PM
anitan1
3rd Gear
What in the world is a Freebie, Freeb, etc.?

Old 11-25-2009 | 01:20 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
A freebie is US! Those of us who populate the world of the Free Classic Mini thread... We are freebies... or freebs... or freebles...

<we're also a little off our rockers, but that's a whole 'nother story!>

Old 11-25-2009 | 01:24 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Hal- since I have your phone number I can just prank call and harass if you'd like! You know... keep you from getting too bored.

Happy Turkey Day to all Freebies. (Nice turkey Cab! )
Remember if you call me I can capture your number and return the favor. And when it comes to paybacks, I don't think dirty, I think evil.

Man, just arrived in Clearwater after fighting with traffic about 20 miles north of Tampa. Forgot how bad traffic is in this area. Really didn't miss it at all.

Last edited by HalAC; 11-25-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-25-2009 | 07:53 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by anitan1
What in the world is a Freebie, Freeb, etc.?
You wanna be a Freebie? You came back... . We missed you.

Old 11-25-2009 | 07:57 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Remember if you call me I can capture your number and return the favor. And when it comes to paybacks, I don't think dirty, I think evil.

Man, just arrived in Clearwater after fighting with traffic about 20 miles north of Tampa. Forgot how bad traffic is in this area. Really didn't miss it at all.
Hal=evil? BTW- I think if I just hit *67 it will block my number... at least until you get your phone bill... then it might show up... but you'll be out of Florida by then!

I know that area north of Tampa sucks! I thought it was just northbound though. Seems like I get caught in that crap everytime I go on a road trip! It gets all bottle-necky. (Yes THAT IS one of MY made up words. )

Old 11-26-2009 | 12:43 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Hope you all stuff yourselves full and enjoy your company

Old 11-26-2009 | 07:21 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Hope you all stuff yourselves full and enjoy your company
CHECK AND CHECK!!

Hope your day was great too!

Old 11-27-2009 | 08:01 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
A Meeting of the Freebies

Deb and I had a very nice supper with friends that included Miniola. We met up at the Columbia Restaurant in St. Pete, FL. She got to meet some of my friends and it looked like she had a good time. I know Deb and I did.

It's getting late; I'll post pictures in the next day or two. G'nite all.

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:05 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Yeah, Hal it was nice! Thanks for the invite. I wasn't expecting to see so many people when I got there though! I had fun hanging with your "Cousin IT".

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:08 AM
miniola
6th Gear
NAM is still wonky.

I've got to go work on Christmas lights. Hopefully I won't fall off the ladder!

Old 11-28-2009 | 09:30 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Greetings Freebs. I stayed up a bit late on Turkey day (kicking everybody's butt in Army edition of Monopoly!!!) and got a later start than I intended for Black Friday. I really am disappointed...Black Friday sales are crap these days! Although I WAS surprised at how nice most people were... no fistfights or brawls like I've seen in the past. I went to Best Buy (God help me) and saw tents outside!! I didn't think any of the deals I saw advertised were worth camping out for, but ... whatever! As I waited FOREEEVER and five days in line at said Best Buy (got a desktop computer), and thank goodness my little brother and I both have blackberries -- free instant messaging. We were reminiscing: for a few years when we were younger (I was old enough to drive), I would get him up around 2:30-3:00 by pouncing on him and literally bouncing him out of bed...then I'd drag him with me on my Black Friday quests. He was my perfume tester (as in, he was the one who got spritzed so I could smell it!), my rear guard and sidekick, my equipment security guard so I could run to the bathroom or go get the car without losing purchases, and was the charmer when needed to distract someone away from MY item!!! He was also my entertainer when we had to wait in line. So, via crackberry IM, he was still entertaining me at an early hour while I waited forever in lines. He said he rather enjoys THIS version of Black Friday, because he could stay in bed!

Anyway, gotta go clean house and decorate for next weekend's party! I just discovered that the museum mansion in our little housing circle is having a Christmas open house that same day!! WHich is great, because we can encourage museum attendance...but bad because we are certainly going to have parking issues! Ah well.

Have a great day, kids!

Old 11-29-2009 | 08:04 AM
miniola
6th Gear
UHOH- That was a sweet little story. Brad's a good sport!

Well, I got the Christmas lights up on the front of the house. It was a bit scary climbing up and walking around on the roof... thankfully it was only one small section. We have a flat tile roof and so I was trying to balance weight so as not to crack anything. (Saw an awful lot of cracked tiles from the "expert" tile walker ... hmmm.) I ended up taking my shoes off because my feet started sweating a little as it was getting cooler out and then they were sliding around in my shoes! I had flip floppy things on... not my heels though. I didn't much like the sound of grinding rock (which means tiles are sliding)... I was afraid that I would be walking (carefully of course) and that one of the tiles would slide out of place just enough that my balance would be altered and there would be a very high chance that I would end up flying off the roof. It was very peaceful when I was up there just sitting though. More in the tops of the trees.

I made so many trips up the ladders to the attic and to the whole roof line. My legs are SORE!! But anyway, there was one point when I was in the attic but I could hear a couple of ladies walking by. I had the red MINI in the driveway and the garage doors were open so the white MINI could be seen too. I hear one of the ladies say, "Wow! She really loves Coopers!". I started laughing. Ummm yeah! OF COURSE I would rather have a CLASSIC to go with the white one.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE A GIRL CAN GET A FREE CLASSIC MINI 'ROUND HERE?

Old 11-29-2009 | 08:20 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I just went back and checked the first post... we MISSED the one year anniversary of FREE CLASSIC MINI!!! It was yesterday!

So... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to "FREE CLASSIC MINI" and to all the people we've met, known and loved along the way. Good times... good times.

too bad the OP was such a tool

Skillet- Hope you're doing ok! We miss you.

Old 11-29-2009 | 05:38 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
'Ola, you are so funny!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...