Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009 | 07:51 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Happy belated anniversary, freebies

Old 11-30-2009 | 02:05 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Happy Anniversary everyone!!!

Old 11-30-2009 | 05:26 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Happy Anniversary to us......

Happy Anniversary to us......

Happy Anniversaaaaaarrreeeeeee toooooo uuuuussssss---

Happpy Anniversary toooooo us!!
( and mannnn-eeeee mooooorrrrrrrrre )

Thanksgiving was a good one,,, Ohio was great,, Sloopy took good care of us.... It's all good!!

Gemmy the service department tested Sloopy and I was having some emissions problems,,, faile dmy inspection, in fact!! They think it is because of some gas stations not having their Ethanol levels right yet for the colder weather..... I just happened to use Wawa gas the past few times and I guess they have had problems with thier fuel in the past so I guess time will tell.
She gave us great MPG averages on the trip....We only saw 2 mini cooper coupes in Ohio!! And it very well may have been one and the same,,, a red convertible with black stripes,,,

Old 11-30-2009 | 05:26 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Happy belated anniversary, freebies
Darren, did you have snow for Thanksgiving??

Old 12-02-2009 | 08:48 AM
miniola
6th Gear
So are we shuttin' this place down or what?

Old 12-02-2009 | 09:35 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey OLA, just stoppping by to say hi.... it's been empty lately
really busy this time of year, but hopefully not shutting this place down!

I have two thesis to write this semester and still have to start the shopping for everyone. With school part time and work full time leave very little time to play!
but need to stop by here to keep my sanity! hahhaa

Old 12-02-2009 | 09:53 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by cabwy
Darren, did you have snow for Thanksgiving??
No. We had a lot of wind and freezing rain, which melted the snow we got the previous week and turned it all into ice.

Old 12-02-2009 | 09:49 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Funny how this place helps us "keep" the sanity! WHAT?!? Really??? I'm pretty sure I lost mine a LONG time ago.

Cab- Glad you had a nice time in O-HI-O.

Mr. Alaska- I hate when it gets icy. BTW- I have your location set for weather on my Iphone so I can see when you are freezing your *** off! I think I had Anchorage first... much colder there!

Last edited by miniola; 12-02-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2009 | 12:24 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
That's too funny. Didn't think anyone cared if I froze my *** off or not.

But in all reality - Kodiak isn't so bad (aside from how wet it gets at times). Anchorage is most definitely a bit colder. I went to college in Fairbanks where -40*F (or colder) was a normal part of winter life. Funny thing - it was the darkness that bothered me the most! How I survived 5 years of Fairbanks winters is beyond me. Guess I'm stubborn like that...

Originally Posted by miniola
Mr. Alaska- I hate when it gets icy. BTW- I have your location set for weather on my Iphone so I can see when you are freezing your *** off! I think I had Anchorage first... much colder there!

Old 12-03-2009 | 07:51 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
That's too funny. Didn't think anyone cared if I froze my *** off or not.

But in all reality - Kodiak isn't so bad (aside from how wet it gets at times). Anchorage is most definitely a bit colder. I went to college in Fairbanks where -40*F (or colder) was a normal part of winter life. Funny thing - it was the darkness that bothered me the most! How I survived 5 years of Fairbanks winters is beyond me. Guess I'm stubborn like that...
Of COURSE we care!!! You're a Freebie! Although I'm with you, 'Ola... I think I lost my sanity a long time ago.

Here it's been weird weather. 37 degrees one day, 60 the next...? We had torrential rain last night (with some tornado warnings), and yet this morning was a bright and beautiful 60 degrees. Saturday (our party) is supposed to rain/snow -- SNAIN?

Later Freebs!

Old 12-03-2009 | 08:35 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Freebies- sorry I've been so silent- Mom was here for Tgiving & I was running wild with all that cooking (and eating)... Now David is out in San Diego visiting his dad, so I'm here alone with the kids, the cats, the horses, the pigs, the goats, the dogs ... and the skunks. OMG, the skunks... Dogs are NASTY GROSS. But it's 27 degrees so I'm not washing them tonight... and they're locked in the basement (with the laundry, ugh), so they don't freeze...
<sigh>
OLA, you're a riot
Gemmy, you go girl!
X, wow- tornado warnings?! wow! And I think you're looking at Frizzle (frozen rain, drizzle)... that said, we're looking at snow saturday am, and the Cumberland Plateau is looking at 1-3 inches-and we all know it gets worse as it gets further east!
Nite everyone
OH- D, my man, not only do we care if you freeze your **** off, we also care if your shoes get, uh, defecated in by fox, or if you get carried off by bear.

Hi Cabby, Hal and all the others'!!!

Old 12-04-2009 | 05:32 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Morning all - Happy Friday!!!

Old 12-04-2009 | 12:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Happy Friday Freebies!! I had last Thursday and Friday off, so this week went by quicker than I thought it would!!

Bought Hubby some New Toys...Calphalon Try-Ply Stainless Cookware 13 Pc. Set, plus extras. Still have to unbox everything and get it washed.

He was looking this AM at the local Community College Catalog thinking about taking some Cooking Classes!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 12-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2009 | 02:14 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Happy Friday, everyone.

Old 12-04-2009 | 09:44 PM
miniola
6th Gear
It's kinda chilly here! BRRRRRRRRR. Not like Alaska though... but not too far from it!

TNMM I pity the dog- skunk deal! YUCK!!!

Let me be the first to wish everyone a HAPPY SATURDAY!!

Old 12-05-2009 | 08:41 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ - great deal, hubby taking some cooking classes. My hubby does most of hte cooking- he is a great cook! I come home to some great meals every night!

Ola, how cold is it there? guess we can't come for a pool party now! maybe summer???!!

AK- of course we car about your freezing your **** off! stay warm!
TN poor pups!

Oh and tonight we got to spend some party time with Cabby and Mr. Cabby. she is just too cute! And Cab, thanks for the dog leash Thistle loves it and now we can throw out the old falling appart one! This is a great heavy duty lease. Hope you like the glasses!

Made it to the other party too dispite of the snow we had all day today!

night all!

Old 12-06-2009 | 09:24 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
RJ - great deal, hubby taking some cooking classes. My hubby does most of hte cooking- he is a great cook! I come home to some great meals every night!
Gemmy Hubby is Head Chef here as well...he cooks WAY better than I ever could, he's got a way with Seasonings, Spices, and Wine (in his cooking). I think he would love the classes, it'll allow him to explore another avenue other than his "Little Green Men" (don't ask me to explain!! ), and Fantasy Baseball (which I dont mind that he does). We also brought home yesterday the 90th Anniversary Kitchenaid Stand Mixer, Hubby has been eyeing one of these for a while now, I'm giving up my Bread Machine to make room, we've rarely used it, so I don't I'll miss it that much. I'm excited to see if Hubby will do some Christmas Treats to take to work, he's got a Co-worker that is actually a Trained Chef and hence peeked his interest in the Mixer.

So we were supposed to get some Flurried this Afternoon, I don't think that's going to happen now. It's Sunny/Windy and 34.5deg....Brrrrr

Last edited by RJKimbell; 12-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2009 | 09:54 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Gem- It was 56 and raining COLD rain... but the pool was 82! Steam was rolling off that puppy like CRAZY! (Looked really cool!) Unfortunately the top of my head and my nose were freezing. The last couple of nights it's been in the 40's. Feb is the best time for weather and April is great for pool weather. Summer would be too hot for you Northerners!

RJ- I am curious about "Little Green Men". Come to think of it... I'm still waiting to learn more about Chi Walking! Cab? As for the cooking classes... don't really see a downside to that one! Go for it!

Old 12-06-2009 | 10:38 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
RJ- I am curious about "Little Green Men". Come to think of it... I'm still waiting to learn more about Chi Walking! Cab? As for the cooking classes... don't really see a downside to that one! Go for it!
Ok Ola...since you asked, but don't say I didn't warn you!! As I said the "Little Green Men" are something that I really don't approve of, they take up way to much room in the house (Family Room) and garage, and he rarely does anything with them. My terminoloy for "Little Green Men" aren't actually what they are, they are Di-cast Pewter figures, think Army Men, but his collection is of a different type of Army, anyway it's played using dice, a measuring device, and scenery which are miniature models as well. I really only dislike it because of the space it takes up and the fact that he plays so rarely.

Remember the saying..."if you haven't seen it or touched it in a year...get rid of it"!! I'd like too!!

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:43 AM
miniola
6th Gear
SQUIRREL!!

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:45 AM
miniola
6th Gear
RJ- I had a suspicion that's what you were talking about... but secretly I was hoping for some kind of Martian conspiracy thing.

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:53 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Remember the saying..."if you haven't seen it or touched it in a year...get rid of it"!! I'd like too!!
OOHHH NOOOO!

Those words are blaspheme to us pack rats, hoarders, and tinkerers.

I have found that if I throw certain things out, I end up needing that item or items and have to go out a buy a replacement at a higher cost than I bought the original for.

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:55 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Fresh Lunch!!

Old 12-06-2009 | 05:21 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!! Or should I say Ho, Ho, Ho??????

Gem,, the Deck the Mini's was a blast and I will be sure to never plan a dinner on the same night as that again!! I love my Mini "custom etched" glassware,,, I guess we kind of cheated by telling each other what we brought???

Ola,,, that squirrel pic was adorable!! Made me think of Alvin the Chipmunk... LOL
I am sick,,, I was getting sick friday night but like a dummy still played all day in the snow and I have no voice today,, I sound like a frog with a tracheotomy!!! If I don't improve quickly I will miss a days work tomorrow and if that happens I promise to get on here and explain my chi walking,,,okay??
Tnny I am sorry that your dogs are skunked again,,,, ugh,, it sounded awful!! And doubly sorry that you fell down the stairs (FB post) I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much??
AKIndy-- I couldn't EVER live in those kind of frigid conditions,,,! When it gets to zero I sweatr I can't breathe!! That is literally icicles in your nose stuff !!!!!!

Old 12-06-2009 | 05:27 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs! The party went pretty well - lots of people and lots of mulled wine! I think most folks just showed up out of curiosity about the house, though. It snowed on a bunch of folks on the way down: I think MD got four inches? I drove up to Manassas (took brother, sister in law up to see Grandma in her new home) and it was pretty, but I'm glad I wasn't there when it came down.

Hope ya'll had a good weekend. I'm off to bed now. It's been a long week.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...