Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009 | 07:50 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I got home late last night and there was a package waiting for me from our friends from Scotland, I opened (even thought it said "not till X-mas) and it was a hardback book on MINI Fun facts!
Too cute!!! It's nice when your friends support your obsession!!!

So, in other words, they are your "enablers"

Old 12-15-2009 | 08:41 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
I just got a couple of packages in the mail today...all stuff I ordered to give as Christmas gifts.

Was starting to sweat it...I'm going to be out of town starting friday and I wanted to get these gifts distributed before I left town... Whew!

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:46 AM
miniola
6th Gear

My giant disco ball has been shipped!!

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:16 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
So, in other words, they are your "enablers"
Yes but they won't admit it!
In Scotland, as in England there are MINI's everywhere, and they don't really like them, but they are too funny, last month I receieve the 50th anniversary coin, that could only be send to a European address, they ordered it and then mailed it to me!

Yeah, my enablers!!!

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:17 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
I just got a couple of packages in the mail today...all stuff I ordered to give as Christmas gifts.

Was starting to sweat it...I'm going to be out of town starting friday and I wanted to get these gifts distributed before I left town... Whew!
Yea I understand your pain, no time to go out shopping so everything was done online and I hoping everything will get here in time!

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:18 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

My giant disco ball has been shipped!!
NO YOU DIDN'T - REALLY???????

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:26 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Wow. I would have loved to get one of those 50th anniversary coins

Old 12-16-2009 | 11:30 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Wow. I would have loved to get one of those 50th anniversary coins
I was really excited when I opened that!
great friends!

Old 12-16-2009 | 06:36 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
NO YOU DIDN'T - REALLY???????

LOL,, Ola,, is it for you or are you shipping it to your nieces?

Hi everybody!! Akindy, I was waiting on several packages that arrived yesterday also. Thank goodness...

Hubby and I are going to have a "bake-a-thon" this weekend. Gotta get some goodies whipped up to give to the neighbors and friends in our lives...

Tnny- I may end up looking like you did when I am finished,, exhausted with flour caked on my face, hair, under fingernails... bleh!

But anyways, we thought that it would be fun to work on this together.. stay tuned to see if I am still married after the holidays!!

Old 12-16-2009 | 08:40 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ummm... you know I DID!! It's a 20" blingin' ball and it's all mine! I got a 12" ball for the little nieces that I will see when I go to NH for Christmas. We are going to have some kind of Disco/Rave Princess/PJ party I think. It's going to be rockin'! I also got them a black light LAVA lamp... it's a new thing and pretty cool. I think I need to get some kind of huge 'fro wig or something but I haven't been shopping for one yet.

Cab- I'm staying tuned. I'm not baking anything here though... ... interesting that baking can have that effect on a marriage. I thought it was mostly other stuff.

UHOH must be REALLY BUSY with something?!?! SHE hasn't been here in awhile and Big Norm has officially beat her number of posts on this page!

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
My contribution for today-

And if you can listen to this and NOT shake your booty even the tiniest bit I would be amazed!!!

CRAP! I need a Disco shirt like this dude!

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:21 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Ok one more just because I love you!

Old 12-17-2009 | 05:04 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning Freebies,
I don't know about X, but I've been having a bear of a time getting to the forums and even worse of a time posting. Somethings up with NAM... boo...
Anyway, I've figured out that Solstice is on the 21st, after which ALL THE DAYS GET LONGER (does the Snoopy happy dance)!
Gotta run- See ya soon..

Old 12-18-2009 | 07:02 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Hia Freebs. Sorry - I've been working on the house in between showing up at the office. Bad things are happening there; they're making it VERY easy for me to de-tach and leave them. Long story, but essentially, they've marginalized all the work I've done in the past two years -- making very UNinformed decisions; I can see the train wreck coming and they aren't listening to the warnings. My two main projects have had rapt and continuous attention from very highly placed people. They're expecting results out of my projects, and yet my new director has decided (here's the uninformed part) to shut both projects down because he can't show "quantifiable" metrics on them, and doesn't think they're very important. Did I mention I work in Future Concepts??? How QUANTIFIABLE can you freakin GET with abstract concepts!?!?! WTH ever. Sorry. Rant.

Anyway...We're trying to get as much of the last things done on the house before Christmas trip back to Ohio. The weather has NOT been helping though -- I still have three windows to paint!! I can't paint (successfully) if the temps are below 32degrees!!! ARGH! But yet again, I am SO very grateful I can be ambidexterous!

I hate hate hate the idea of packing out the house. Hate it. Have I mentioned how much I hate it? Hubband is further realizing what an organizational freak I am. Last night I went through all the tools and packed them in my giant tool boxes. WHen I say "giant" I mean HUGE. This pic isn't of MINE (got it online somewhere), but you can see the cat for perspective. I have at least three of these. I love 'em! I have another type (no wheels) for all my DVDs (lockable.) The wheeled ones are the best though - I use them as "luggage" on deployments.

And I've been on a mission to sort through and package all my grandmother's stuff -- old papers, photos, etc. Struck gold on a sale at Michels craft store for the acid-free scrapbook plastic containers, but BOY did that woman keep a lot of stuff!!! I've already filled up a 6' rubbermaid tub of these containers, and I still have two more boxes to go through!

I also have to do "load-plans" for the drive westward...This may not sound strange to you guys, but it does to my work friends. When the Army packs up our big trucks to convoy somewhere, we do loadplans. What is on the truck, and where, on a diagram, who packed it and when, and what each box contains. I'm also going to have to figure out how to transport the "orchid jungle"...

*sigh*....I have a loooong list of things to do. SO if I'm MIA (missing in action) don't worry... I'll be back. And I'm thinking of you guys over the holidays!! Hmm...which reminds me: I found new seasonal smilies!
(I think this one is so cute! >)

Old 12-18-2009 | 07:10 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X- my best to you and all you are going through.
I have been upset lately with too much to do and not enough time in the day to do it, and you just put me back in prospective! thanks.
I need to rethink a few plans and it is bogging me down to say the least!
Merry Chirstmas if you don't get a chance to get back on before then. Be safe in your travels during the holiday!

Old 12-18-2009 | 08:10 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
X: Merry Christmas hon! I'm so sorry you're having to relocate over the holidays!

Everyone else! Hi freebies!!!

I don't know if X and V told you guys, but I did finish NaNoWrimo this year with 50,000 some odd words. I am still working on my novel and the labradorks are keeping me very busy.

Viola desperately needs a bath, but the recent wet weather has helped wash off some of the dirt. I do feel bad that she hasn't been bathed since August.

Oh... and I'm in love with my car again. Out motoring has actual black jack mirror caps, not the stick ons, and I asked hubby to order them for me, and this morning, X put me onto a really cool stripe that I am now attempting to track down because I want to get it put on my car in the spring.

I have some pics of the labradorks for you!

I took this one about a month ago. Mugen has gained some size since then.

A friend of mine asked me to get some pics of Lucy and Mugen laying down together and this is what I ended up with. This one is the most recent, I took it on Monday. Yes, Mugen is almost as big as Lucy at 6 months old. She still outweighs him by about 15 pounds, but I don't think that will last very long.

I'll have some pics of Viola for you guys when she looks much less embarrassing.

Merry Christmas to all!

Love,
RG

Old 12-18-2009 | 01:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 12-18-2009 | 01:12 PM
miniola
6th Gear
UHOH I wish I had some of your organizational skill... I so suck at it. I am amazed at all you can get accomplished.

Old 12-18-2009 | 05:14 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Sara I feel for you as I too have had to do a move in recent times.

Coming up in a couple of weeks will be the fourth anniversary of Deb and I making a bid to buy the house we now live in. We closed in mid-January and started the process of packing and disposing of 19 years of accumulation at our home in Florida.

Over the next six months we had several garage sales and four round trips from Florida to Tennessee to move our belongings. One trip was to move a vast amount of my "toys"; two F-350 trucks, one pulling a dual axle 5-ton trailer, the other pulling a triple axle 10-ton trailer, both full. What was really bad was when we got up here, three out of the four of use came down with some sort of intestinal bug. Luckily it only lasted about 48 hours so we could make the trip back down.

Our last load in July '06 was a 28' rental truck pulling a car hauling trailer and my F-350 with the slide-in camper towing my fishing boat loaded with stuff. In the cab with us were three of our cats with a fourth one back in the camper. We had put Jack in the back cause he doesn't travel very well. He has the loudest set of lungs I have ever heard from a cat. He can holler for hours with out stopping.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the disposing part. I took 14 or 15 loads in my truck to the dump of stuff that I just couldn't justify moving. Also took two loads to the metal recyclers.

Shame you all are going North first during your move. The welcome mat at our house is out for you all if you wanted to stop for a bit.

Old 12-18-2009 | 05:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Don't be surprised if we show up, Hal!! We saw how bad the weather was supposed to get, and decided we should a.) Take my truck instead of hubband's BMW and b.) Start for Ohio tonight!! We're currently about 30 miles from home, going 25 MPH trying to avoid the idiots spinning out all over the place. Its bad, but doable...if you're not stupid. Unfortunately, VA seems to be chock full of stupids, and they're ALL out on the roads in lightweight vehicles. * sigh*

Old 12-18-2009 | 06:09 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Hey all. I'm just about packed up for my week off. I'll be flying up to Anchorage to spend Christmas with my sister and her bf. My dad is also flying up, so that will be nice too.

I may not be able to get on here, so if I don't see you before then - hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2009 | 06:50 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Don't be surprised if we show up, Hal!! We saw how bad the weather was supposed to get, and decided we should a.) Take my truck instead of hubband's BMW and b.) Start for Ohio tonight!! We're currently about 30 miles from home, going 25 MPH trying to avoid the idiots spinning out all over the place. Its bad, but doable...if you're not stupid. Unfortunately, VA seems to be chock full of stupids, and they're ALL out on the roads in lightweight vehicles. * sigh*
Please be careful. If you have to find someplace safe to pull off and wait it out.

If you do decide to come this way please give us a heads up so we can do a bit of straightening up.

Last edited by HalAC; 12-18-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2009 | 09:24 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
safe trip Ak and X. and Merry Christmas.
Ola, nice disco ball! and pup has a look oh his face, to say "what the ..."

Old 12-19-2009 | 07:56 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi ya Freebies-
Sarah, I'm with Hal here, if you need to pull over, do it. And if you decide to come thru this way on your move, you've got us to stay with as well. I just have to move the Christmas presents (unwrapped) off the guest bed...

We did NOT get any snow... I'm really sad. I much prefer snow to rain, rain, rain... I may end up becoming a frog just to deal with the moisture content.

Kids are now both out of school, all school performances are done, Towns has a friend here (woke up to the sound of the boys giggling about something), and I have a sinus infection. Buy stock in kleenex cause it's flying off the shelves (I buy it by the case and have almost gone thru a case in the past 3 days)...

OK, off to deal with breakfast needs. Everyone stay safe. Ola, that disco ball <shakes head> ... I went thru the worst of the disco era ....

Ciao

Old 12-19-2009 | 08:45 AM
RandomGemini
6th Gear
Heard from X and her sweetie on the road. They are ok, but they are driving through a snow storm. I'm sure she'll update when she's able to get online, but I wanted to ask for some good vibes for them because they've been driving for four hours and haven't found a Starbucks!!!!

Send coffee vibes their way Freebies! They need some java!

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...