Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009 | 09:32 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Not fair...it's raining over here...and I have to work today. Should have taken the day off - I've got a lot of cleaning to do as well.

Hope you all have a Happy and safe New Year

Old 12-31-2009 | 10:47 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Raining here too... from Mr. Alaska's descriptions, I think someone transported my farm to Kodiak...<sigh>

Old 12-31-2009 | 11:12 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hello favorite Freebies! I have returned from the Northeast. BRRRRR!!! It was around 13-18 degrees while I was there and it warmed up to about 30-32 when it rained. No big snowstorm like I had hoped. We had a very tiny disco party due to the fact that the disco ball was too big for downstairs and it was put in the garage. There's no heat in the garage!! We were supposed to get the heater for the garage on Saturday but it had rained and turned my SILs parent's steep driveway into a giant icy slide. No heater. The girls will get much more use out of the disco ball during spring, summer and fall though!

All in all it was a fun time. The girls bought me a pair of sock monkey footie sleeper style pjs! They're pretty cool... although I'm not sure how well they'll work here in Florida. I'll have to crank the A/C!

We played quite a bit in the playroom and the box. Took lots of silly pics like the "Cab-'Ola" pics! I love those. Laughed a bunch... good trip.

Here's a pic in the box. The girls are 3 and 5. I am in my footie pjs!

Also, I went ice skating. Ummm... except that I haven't been skating for like 18 years or so. I had to have rental skates. They were like hockey skates (which I've NEVER skated on) but essentially they were like ski boots with boomerrangs attached! I'm used to the pokey things in the front and the pointy part in the back... BOTH areas that I can use to STOP or stabilize if I need to. Anyway... I was "skating" (yeah... ummm keeping myself upright mostly) in the center with the girls and my brother and SIL and all of a sudden this little girl comes screaming through from the outside. She heads straight for me and I can't go anywhere. BOOM!! Head on collision. I fly backwards right onto the ice. Somehow I hit on the BONY part of my *** (didn't know one existed ) and straight down on my right elbow. I'm sure to the outside world it looked like a WWF event... like the ultimate SMACKDOWN move. I just stayed on the ice for a few seconds and then started laughing... but man, it really hurt. I didn't cry though. Still hurts!

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:31 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
GREAT PHOTO OLA!!!
those girls are adorable!!! you too!!! all in a box!
sorry to hear about your tail bone, yeah your better then me, I would have cried!
Glad your back, we missed you. sorry your disco ball didn't work out as such, but it will be warmer in oh about 3 months!
We had snow and ice this morning, but all is good now, hopfully it stay ok for the evening.
We are not going to any parties tonight as hubby is on call, so no drinking for us (well him anyway). We are going out for dinner and then back here for champagne and watch the NY ball drop.
I have had a stomach virus for the last 24 hours, wow, haven't been that sick in many years. glad the worst is over.
HAPPY NEW YEAR FREEBIES!!!!!! wishing every one a safe and happy year.

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:34 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OLA it just occured to me you were in the Northeast??? sorry I missed that, where??

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:38 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
OUCH! ouch... ouch.. ouch.. ouch... I think I need to go take a sympathy bath with epsom salts for Ola!

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I was in New Hampsha' and it was WICKED cold! (Yes, I got into saying "wicked" again. )

I just got the email that they have the heater so they're going to try to get it going for them tomorrow. On the weekends they usually blow up the bouncy house for the girls in the garage so they'll be able to see the disco ball quite a bit. They are also very excited about getting some rollerskates and pretending it's a skate rink AND they will like riding their bikes through there with the ball a'twirlin'! We did do a little boogey down in there with our coats on. The girls LOVED it but it was SOOOOOO cold. It was actually warmer outside! I made them a compilation of about 90 disco tunes so they will have lots of music to listen to. My brother will install some tall mirrors on the wall in there so they can practice their moves.

I had no cell phone reception up there and my internet access was limited just due to time constraints. It's nice to be back here.

Gem- sorry you've been sick. TNMM- thanks for the reminder about Epsom salts. I'll have to drop some into my bubbly bath tonight!

Old 12-31-2009 | 01:55 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
New Hamp and no snow?? wow, I would consider you lucky.
Sounds like bro is getting the girls all hooked up!! Lots of Disco fun now!!!
Hope your butt feels better soon.

Old 12-31-2009 | 02:02 PM
miniola
6th Gear
No... I TOTALLY wanted snow while I was there! Like a BLIZZARD would have been awesome! I didn't have to go anywhere so...

I hope my butt feels better soon too. That sounds really funny.

Old 01-01-2010 | 06:39 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
HAPPY NEW YEAR FREEBIES!
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HEALTHY AND SAFE 2010!!!

Old 01-01-2010 | 09:00 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Happy New Year Freebies! Hugs, peace, health and love to all of you

Old 01-01-2010 | 10:26 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Happy new year.
(was trying to paste a cute smiley but didn't work...)

Old 01-01-2010 | 03:20 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Happy New Year, everyone

Old 01-01-2010 | 07:08 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Happy New Year to Y'all!!

Old 01-01-2010 | 07:41 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Happy New Year Freebies!! May 2010 bring you Love, Peace, & Happiness!!

Old 01-02-2010 | 09:39 AM
miniola
6th Gear
OOOOOPS! I thought I had wished everyone a Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's cold here today! And looks like the lows will be about the same as Mr. A's lows next week!!!

Old 01-02-2010 | 10:08 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow that's cold what you compare Alaska to Florida's weather!!!
My wood stove has been going for about a week straight!

I took the day off from the world yesterday! I didn't go out of the house and stayed in jammies all day!
OLA I want a pair of your feetie pj!

it was great to have one day through the holidays to not have to entertain. I have been going nonstop since thanksgiving! I love the holidays but boy it sure takes a lot out of a gal working, school, homework, entertaining, and .... etc....
Needed yesterday to recharge the batteries!

Old 01-02-2010 | 09:27 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Gem- the pjs came from Target. Nick and Nora sock monkey. Can often find them on eBay too. (new)

Glad you had some time to yourself finally. It's ok if you stay in the pjs all day sometimes!

Old 01-02-2010 | 09:32 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Hubby and I started off the New Year with a great Lunch at Calamity Janes (www.calamity-janes.com) in Sandy, OR, along Highway 26 (Mt Hood Hwy), on the way to the Most Beautiful Mountain on Earth, great skiing too!! Sat next to the Woodburning Fireplace w/Wood Stove Insert...FABULOUS!!

Left there and took a drive along I84E into the Columbia River Gorge, saw lots of SNOW, drove passed our intended turn around and ended up going passed The Dalles about 86 miles from home, took the Hwy 197 Bridge back over to the Washington side and drove home...it turned out to be a FABULOUS Day (did I use that word again!! )

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:41 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Gem- the pjs came from Target. Nick and Nora sock monkey. Can often find them on eBay too. (new)

Glad you had some time to yourself finally. It's ok if you stay in the pjs all day sometimes!
Target you say???

It felt great to do Nothing at all for one day. Now starts back to school tomorrow and finish up my thesis!

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:47 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ - sounds like a great day!!! Thanks for the link for Calamity Janes, interesting place, lots fo beef!!

I like when hubby and I take "road trips" - we travel well together and i love making unexpected stops just to see something new.

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:13 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
RJ - sounds like a great day!!! Thanks for the link for Calamity Janes, interesting place, lots fo beef!!

I like when hubby and I take "road trips" - we travel well together and i love making unexpected stops just to see something new.
We don't do as many "road trips" as I'd like Gemmy, since we are tied to the house due to the Dogs, which I don't mind of course, but they are to big to go in Molly and the Durango eats to much gas...alas Hubby should have his New Car sometime between December, this year and April, next year, hoping for sooner, as soon as I can get Molly paid off. With a more Fuel Efficient car we should be able to take the Girls more...that will be FUN!!

I'm wanting to go on some of the PDX.org MINI Meets too this year, we'll see how many we can do without being away from home to long, we are gone approx. 11hrs. during the week, so we don't like to leave them to long on the Weekends, you know Bonding time!! Both are fast asleep sprawled out on the Floor right now...yeah, we're Bonding....NOT!!

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:27 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
So we've given ourselves a daunting task...my Mother In Law passed away Jan. 1, 2004 and it took us 6mo. to be able to go into her house and begin the clean up, it took another 6mo. to finish (Pack Rat), we had the Women's Service Group she belonged to do the Estate Sale, but we boxed up enough to fill up our attic, well now comes the daunting task of going through everything and parring it down, to memborable things and valueable things, and researching those that we think might be of value...not to sell...just so we can document them properly, and increase Insurance if need be.

We've gone through 5-8 boxes so far and I don't even have 1 complete box, that's how much stuff we just threw in boxes and didn't even have time to think about. Oh, well as sad as it is it really needs to be done, so we don't become a candidate for Clean House (mystlyeTV)!!
Sounds funny, but that show has really affected my Hubband, he's now become more aware of the clutter he creates and wants to make things better, just by watching a show...go figure!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 01-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2010 | 07:09 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
We don't do as many "road trips" as I'd like Gemmy, since we are tied to the house due to the Dogs, which I don't mind of course, but they are to big to go in Molly and the Durango eats to much gas...alas Hubby should have his New Car sometime between December, this year and April, next year, hoping for sooner, as soon as I can get Molly paid off. With a more Fuel Efficient car we should be able to take the Girls more...that will be FUN!!

I'm wanting to go on some of the PDX.org MINI Meets too this year, we'll see how many we can do without being away from home to long, we are gone approx. 11hrs. during the week, so we don't like to leave them to long on the Weekends, you know Bonding time!! Both are fast asleep sprawled out on the Floor right now...yeah, we're Bonding....NOT!!
I totally understand about bonding time, My Princess is always on my mind while we are away from home. My cousin runs a fantastic kennel, the only place I trust her and he is over an hour away from us. While away on our vaca a couple months ago, We caught the movie "Bolt" (yeah I know it is a cartoon) and I cried so hard thinking if my princess pup was thinking "her people were lost". OMG people outside the theater, I'm sure was watching me, crying hysterically while my hubby was trying calm me down! (I'm such a baby) that was while I'm on vacation!
So we don't do too many road trips unless I know some one is staying at our house or she is with my cousin.
Oh and right now, she is sleeping on my side of the bed, I'm sure keeping it warm for me!
I love hearing happy stories of animals having great homes!

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:18 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
All our animals get so mad at us when we leave for vacation ~ even though we leave them in capable, loving hands. They still feel like we've abandoned them. It's getting worse as they get older, making it harder to leave. So I appreciate what you go thru RJ and Gemmy... I truly do. I wish I could take them with me, but it just wouldn't work (and we wouldn't have any friends left if we showed up with 9 horses, 12 pigs, 2 goats, 3 dogs & 3 cats!).
IT'S EFFIN' COLD OUT THERE!!! Was 4* when I woke up this morning. brrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...