Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010 | 07:48 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN if we lived closer I would be glad to watch your animals!

Yes it is cold here too, not that cold, but this past weekend we had cold and 50+ mph winds, wind chill factor, below 0.
so today it is 26* and feels like a heat wave, NOT!!!!

Old 01-04-2010 | 10:38 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi. As TNMM said... it's effin' COLD!! I think it got to about 31 last night... need to get another outdoor thermometer. I think some stuff will probably die. No more heating the pool for awhile. I wonder how long it will take to freeze so I can skate on it.

RJ- It's good that you guys are working on sorting. That's a huge job! I am also trying to do that here.

Cabby's been gone for awhile. Perhaps she and hubby didn't make it through the stressful holiday baking? Gem are you close enough to check on her? I'm betting UHOH's packing her butt off for her Kansas trek. BOO!

Old 01-04-2010 | 08:02 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
Cabby's been gone for awhile. Perhaps she and hubby didn't make it through the stressful holiday baking? Gem are you close enough to check on her?
OLA your right, wheres Cab??????????
OMG what do I do, what do I do, *running around in circles* (never very good in emergancies)
Cabby come out from the flour and sugar....

Old 01-05-2010 | 05:52 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everyone!! OMG I don't really know what happened but a few days got away from me here!! I had to read like 3 pages to catch up!!
We survived the baking and had a good holiday. Made TONS of cookies and fudge and date bars and entertained and went to a couple parties,,, all in all a nice time with friends...

I don't have much to write about.... it is cold,,,I have been heavily booked.

I, too, love my dogs... but I dearly love vacations without them!! hahahah We leave them at home (dog door and fenced in yard) and have neighbor kids take care of them,, I hate the kennels also. It is just too stressful for them.

Let's see... Happy New Year!! Ola,,, LOVED loved loved loved the box photo.... those 2 little girls are adorable,,, the smaller( younger?) one resembles you??

You look great, I think I see a thinner face and some really sexy hair stylin going on!!

I need a vaca--- somewhere warm,, I need to be like 80 ft under water cavorting with octopusses (sp?) maybe Octopie?? grin,,,whatever,,,
and squid and seahorses... I need to not be worrying so much about everything... and , and, and,,, LOL

We went to the moves a few times,,,Sherlock Holmes was really good,,, very good,,, downright awesome,,, It's Complicated had us laffing our butts off,, it is an awesome, light hearted film,,, Invictis was just so good and inspiring,
with some very moving scenes...

Okay, what else? Did I mention that I need a vaca??

Happy New Year to all of my lovely Freebs...I hope this year brings you all of what you are dreaming about!!

Old 01-05-2010 | 08:04 PM
miniola
6th Gear
CAB!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! Now where the hell's my fudge?!? If you made peanut butter fudge I will be especially disappointed. I was just about to get on here and type something up about maybe Mr. Cab becoming part of the fruitcakes or something. Glad to know all is well.

Now as for the girls- Claire is 5. She's on my right and Elise is 3 (on the left). Claire usually looks most like me and my side of the family. Was she the one you were talking about? And thanks for the compliments. Yes my face IS thinner... along with several other parts. I've lost 39 pounds but have lots of muscles now. Had to stop working out in the pool though ... it's too cold to heat. RIGHT NOW it is 36 degrees!!! The MINI has announced that it is officially 'effin COLD!! I don't know how low it will get tonight. It was 36 around 8pm. Usually it doesn't get that cold until sometime in the morning. I am a little worried and expect that we will certainly lose some plants. Oh well... **it happens! I have such a great attitude these days!!

I've been seriously thinking about joining a roller derby team... but those ladies are kinda big! Gotta buy some skates and see if I can stand up first.

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:45 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I've been seriously thinking about joining a roller derby team... but those ladies are kinda big! Gotta buy some skates and see if I can stand up first.

<spews coffee all over the screen... wipes coffee off the screen... wipes tears running down face... tries not to hyperventilate from laughing>

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:54 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
<spews coffee all over the screen... wipes coffee off the screen... wipes tears running down face... tries not to hyperventilate from laughing>
+1

Old 01-06-2010 | 04:58 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
*read above message about coffee everywhere* +1

OLA you are too funny and amazing person, you have a very eclectic mind and seems to me you follow through with your thoughts. Most people don't follow through and that is so cool about you!

*keep in mind I'm still on my first cup of coffee* hope that made sense...

Old 01-06-2010 | 05:04 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
We survived the baking and had a good holiday. Made TONS of cookies and fudge and date bars
hu-hum-
Hey NEIGHBOR .....

just joking, I don't need anymore fudge or cookies, I actually gave the rest of our cookies to my goddaughters just to get them out of the house....
Need to remain in the jeans I currently have!!!

Old 01-06-2010 | 03:34 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
FINALLY got around to uploading some pics from Thanksgiving weekend and from the recent holidays.

The first two are from a dinner we had with friends on the Friday following Thanksgiving.

The next one is showing the Christmas gift I got for Sir Cedric.

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-img_1393.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-img_1396.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-img_1408.jpg  
Old 01-06-2010 | 04:48 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hey Hal,
Do you know there's a Roller Derby queen in those pictures? I think you're being stalked!

LOVE Sir Cedric's prezy!

Old 01-06-2010 | 06:18 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Thanks for the compliment on the plate. How do you like Ola's new acquaintance?

Hey Vivi, are you ready for the snow that's coming? Did you go out with the rest of the masses and bought you milk and bread?

I can't believe the panic some people get into around here over a couple of inches of snow.

Old 01-06-2010 | 07:40 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Roflmao! Uh, the stores around here have been out of bread and beer for 2 days. David's aunt watched as a swarm fought over the last gallon of milk! It's really funny. And really really scary!

Uh, I love how our Derby Queen is hitched up with Mountain Man. There's a bad country song in that somewhere...
(tee hee)
V

Old 01-06-2010 | 07:51 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HAL! You always look SO happy in pictures! Thanks for posting... those are funny!

So "mountain man" was introduced to me as "Cousin IT". That pic is really funny. We talked a lot about cars and driving fast. What you don't know is that my hair actually got a little tangled in his beard! There's your bad country song TNMM!

Now I know there was coffee flying all over the place this morning... but I'm actually kind of serious about the roller derby thing. I'd have to come up with a really cool name (in addition to learning how to skate... or how to stand up on skates). But from my research it looks like they mostly teach you how to fall down! Is that a bad sign?

Gem you're sweet to me. I am a bit eclectic and creative in my mind but can also be very focused. I have lots of ideas... lots of things I'd like to do... lots of things I'd like to "be". The best part is that most people can't "see" my crazy when they look at me. I look like a sweet and innocent little girl. <giggle> And of course I think THIS is why my MINI suits me so well. I think I'm basically driving myself.

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:09 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh yeah, Hal- I wonder... the guy that took that picture with you and Deb and I... why didn't he stand straight on and take it? I was thinking it then and still thinking it now.

And UHOH why aren't you coming out to play anymore?

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:12 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Ross, aka Cousin It, was and still is my best friend.

Here's another picture of Ross several years ago with another friend of ours, Brent. http://www.teampyramid.com/t-hair.htm

Vivi - We figure we're about as prepared as we can be. We have couple of generators, a kerosene heater, and two cases of MRE's left over from our hurricane supplies.

Gary is the guy who took that picture. I guess he was trying to "frame" it the best he could. He's actually very good with both still and video cameras. He does it as a hobby, but should do it professionally.

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:13 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Maybe I should just DRESS like a roller derby queen? ('Cause that's what I REALLY want to do.) I thought it would be a scream to do that and then go through the neighborhood. My brother said it wouldn't count unless I take down little old ladies and body check some kids. hmmmm... pondering.

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:33 PM
miniola
6th Gear
A little birdy just told me that TODAY is UHOHs BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Gonna go hunt for some best smilies now (and make a cake). Be back soon.

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:58 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Old 01-06-2010 | 10:08 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Happy Birthday UhOh!!

So...speaking of Birthday's...WE should start a Birthday Calendar!!

UhOh 01/06
Julie 02/19 (the "J" in RJKimbell)

Old 01-07-2010 | 12:41 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Happy Birthday, UhOh!

Old 01-07-2010 | 07:36 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear UhOh, happy birthday to you... and many more

(that was crooned out in my best crooning voice)

Old 01-07-2010 | 10:13 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
ROLLER DERBY???? Ola,, are you NUTS!!!!!????

Don't make me hop a plane and come out there to slap you.......I will if I have to--to snap you out of this..

Why not try scuba diving,,, getting your pilot's license,,,,speed dating,,,,, (now where did that one come from??? LOL) parachuting,,, um,,, learn dressage ( horses) you would look HAWT in that dressage get up.....

And congrats on the healthy new you!! Way to go!! woooooohooooooo!!

But sweetie,,, you simply cannot try Roller Derby,,,, okay??

Hal,, love the plate,,, sir Cedric looks equally happy about your gift..
Tn,,, enjoy the snow-- I know you have been hoping for a nice storm... guess we are to get some of that snow tomorrow am...

Uhoh!!! Happy Birthday!!! Happy happy happpy Birthday!! how is the moving coming along??

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:03 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Cab I don't THINK that I am nuts... but perhaps I am... just a tiny bit.

As for your other suggestions... checked into getting a pilot's license a couple of years ago and it's very expensive. No interest in Scuba Diving (there's SHARKS in the water you know! ). Speed dating? Meh... BORING! Have considered sky diving but that is also quite an expensive hobby. I will probably do it at least once though. And the horse deal? Well... probably the mean music I listen to would scare those pretty little ponies! Had considered stunt driving over the past 2-3 years too but I just KNOW that once I learn HOW to do all that stuff I will end up doing it in places where I shouldn't... and then I would get arrested and put in jail! I can't go back there!! (Just kidding... I would totally cry if I ever went to jail! )

There are old ladies that do roller derby. There were even a few ladies from OPRAH that did it. I don't think it's super aggressive around here. But I will probably go to a few bouts (games) and see what it's like. I saw a video the other day and they were playing all the music I like... the aggressive stuff. I'll post a link or two for a couple of the teams around here.

I am SOOOO happy!

Kryptonite sucks.

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:06 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Happy Birthday UhOh!!

So...speaking of Birthday's...WE should start a Birthday Calendar!!

UhOh 01/06
Julie 02/19 (the "J" in RJKimbell)
Miniola 09/22
Does R stand for Ralph?

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...