Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:26 AM
miniola
6th Gear
I probably can't do it yet anyway... one of the practice nights is on a night when I have one of my art classes. But I could still totally dress up and skate in the house. (That DOES sound a little crazy when I say it out loud.)

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:55 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola

I double all this XXXXXX
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!1

Old 01-07-2010 | 12:10 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Gem you're sweet to me. I am a bit eclectic and creative in my mind but can also be very focused. I have lots of ideas... lots of things I'd like to do... lots of things I'd like to "be". The best part is that most people can't "see" my crazy when they look at me. I look like a sweet and innocent little girl. <giggle> And of course I think THIS is why my MINI suits me so well. I think I'm basically driving myself.
OLA that is what i totally mean, most people in this world don't follow through with what they want in life, no matter how others feel about it, but you do! and You should be proud of yourself!
GO OUT AND GET THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL

Old 01-07-2010 | 12:26 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hal, love the photos, didn't even realize it was OLA in that one until i read the next post and then had to go back again!
Love your plate too!!!

AK, how you holding up in the cold these days????

Old 01-08-2010 | 07:19 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Ola,,, sweetie,,, if you REALLY want to do Roller Derby, then by all means go for it!! Just don't come crying to me when you break something!! (this is said in my most convincing mother voice) I mean, seriously.... have you ever fractured anything??? Not only does it hurt but then you have to drag a heavy,stinky cast around for weeks and weeks and I don't think you would like that. As for taking down an old woman in your neighborhood,,, just take a little road trip and maybe find a road with an old "apple" or two and "take down" one of them,,,hahahahahahahah

RJ!!! I like your name!! Hi Julie * waving at you and grinning*

Going to bed,,the first full 5 day week in a while kicked my behind.....

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by cabwy; 01-16-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2010 | 07:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Just don't come crying to me when you break something!! (this is said in my most convincing mother voice)
OMG that is a phrase I have heard so many times growing up!

Old 01-08-2010 | 09:34 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Does R stand for Ralph?
Ummm...No...Robert (Hubband)!!

Originally Posted by cabwy
Ola,,, sweetie,,, if you REALY want to do Roller Derby, then by all means go for it!! Just don't come crying to me when you break something!! (this is said in my most convincing mother voice) I mean, seriously.... have you ever fractured anything??? Not only does it hurt but then you have to drag a heavy,stinky cast around for weeks and weeks and I don't think you would like that. As for taking down an old woman in your neighborhood,,, just take a little road trip and maybe find a road with an old "apple" or two and "take down" one of them,,,hahahahahahahah

RJ!!! I like your name!! Hi Julie * waving at you and grinning*

Going to bed,,the first full 5 day week in a while kicked my behind.....

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Thanks Cab!! *wavin' right back at ya*

Considering we had 2 Four Day Work Weeks in a row, this week seemed to go by pretty quick. But I agree Cab, it was tough to get through...AND...no more Holiday's 'til May!!

Old 01-08-2010 | 09:45 PM
miniola
6th Gear
You must admit that "Ralph" was a pretty good guess.

Cab- I can't come crying to you? Boo hoo. I had a fractured foot once and a fractured something near my wrist or thumb but I've never had a stinky cast. No fun for trying to get people to sign an ACE bandage.

As for the apples... well that's old news.

It's supposed to get really cold here tonight. Did I already say that some of my plants look like frozen spinach? I see I've got some burn on some of the Foxtail palm fronds. I overheard someone say something about possible snow flurries but I don't know. I haven't watched the news in awhile either.

How's TNMM and Hal? You guys snowed in without power?

Old 01-09-2010 | 08:39 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
......How's TNMM and Hal? You guys snowed in without power?
I'm doing just fine. It's been snowing here on and off since Thursday. MIGHT have one inch of accumulation. Worst part is it's, as 'Ola would say, f'in cold. It's 21F right now. Yesterday morning when I went to work it was 11F. Supposed to get into the single digits tonight.

The road in front of our house doesn't get salted so we have be careful until we get to the main roads. We had a little bit of snow on Thursday morning that melted then re-froze that afternoon. It then started to snow again when the temperature dropped back down into the twenties. Made for real slick driving conditions.

I was approaching our house at a little bit below 20 MPH when I tried to use the brakes just a little bit. Wheels locked up immediately and the I could feel the ABS kick in. That was a good thing as it kept my MINI skidding in a straight line for about fifty feet beyond the entrance to my driveway. Once I stopped I backed up very slowly to get back in my driveway and park it.

Old 01-09-2010 | 10:02 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
I tried to post earlier, but NAM is having a brain fart! I'm doing fine up on my "mountain" (as the locals call it). We've got about an inch of snow, it's still snowing (I keep doing my Snoopy Happy Dance)- it's warmed up to 23 from 16 when I tried to post, but it's bitter out there. I actually think it feels colder than it did when it was single digits. Just got back inside from putting out more hay and busting the water troughs. Yesterday there was a 3 inch thick layer of ice on the troughs, just from the overnight temps, and it took some serious work to get that out. I don't have electric heaters in my tanks, cause I don't have electric out in the pastures. I've got blankets on all the horses that need them and the others are big puff *****. I am a tad worried about my old man (he's 28) and another quarter horse who's got a really bad knee (he's only 13, but is lame, lame, lame). His knee is really bothering him. I may go put him in with the senior citizens later, so at least he won't be bothered by the youngsters.
Other than that, I've not left the farm. We have a 1/4 mile long driveway that is on the north side of the hill and goes straight down... to a very narrow country road that follows the creek (and never gets plowed or salted) and to get to anywhere, you have to go back UP another hill (also not plowed or salted). David's been out in his toy 4x4 truck and said it was a little slick. I have nothing to go out for, so I'm just staying put. Monday is a different story and I'll have to get out- and will probably take the Land Cruiser, as I don't want any of those yahoo's to hit Mocha...
but for now, I'm going to take a shower and put on some educational vids I've been avoiding. I'm almost half way done my next baby blanket (at which point there are 2 more to do, then a rest until I find out what my friend's twins will be, and then back at it). <sigh> good snowy weather work!
Ciao bellas y bellos...

ps- I have electricity and have a generator for those other times.

Old 01-09-2010 | 10:25 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Just checked the MOTD 2010 site and see that we're approaching the 100 day mark.

Any of you all going this year? Deb and I are going and already have a cabin reserved. I'm also hosting a drive, activity, and dinner there this year.

Are any of you Freebies wanting to meet up again this year?

Old 01-09-2010 | 09:44 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hal you better be careful! And TNMM! Sounds like you've got your hands full! You might have to bring some of those little ponies inside!!

So it's been in the 30's today... during the DAY!! I've been here for 11 years and I don't think I've ever seen it like this during the day. I just went to let my friend's dog out and the MINI was not happy! She was beeping and blinking her light telling me to put her back in the garage. The final temp I saw was 32! BRRRRRR!!! Hal do you ever remember it being like this when you lived here? Well... maybe you have because you were a bit more north of here.

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:26 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Ola, I think you need to change your location to frozen Sarasota, FL. I think my ponies would LOVE to come inside. My marriage wouldn't survive it though. We're having some trouble with 3 elderly cats, one of whom had a stroke when he was 5 and his brain is short circuited. So no more indoor pets for right now (dog get to come in, but they have the basement where their doggie stuff is...)
Hal, I don't think I'm going to make it this year. My son has his end of year testing and life's gotten quite complicated up here. I wish I could though. Really had a blast last year. Maybe I can do the fall trip ~ I just wish it wasn't right in the middle of school. <sigh>
Well, it's time to start the day. Have a great Sunday Freebies

Old 01-10-2010 | 07:39 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
wow, sunday evening.... where did the weekend go? we had our 2+ year old grandson here from friday after work to this morning! sigh..... fun but lots of work, no rest and wow for some reason he wants to eat every couple of hours...
He is funny though, yesterday morning, I got him up, changed him, washed his face and we came down stairs, so i put the coffee on and put the tv on for him and i turned around and he had climbed into his high chair and attached the tray... I asked if that meant he wanted breakfast, he said yes!

he is a good kid with lots of spunk, more spunk then grandpa and I have put together!

good night all, hope you all have a good monday!

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:32 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
The rain has finally stopped! I can't believe it!

Old 01-11-2010 | 05:11 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi all!!
Cold here, but sadly, it is supposed to be cold here.
sorry, Ola that you are haivng such a cold snap where you live,,, where you
AREN'T supposed to have cold... !! I hate to hear about the farmers there losing crops and homeowners losing their tropical plants...

i am in a real slump,, I simply have nothing exciting to write about... and I just don't have the "ooomph" to think of anything else..

Sooo,, hi to you all!! Stay warm and dry... I think I will go ride the recumbent for a bit.. trudging off,,, wondering how many miles will erase a large hot cocoa with whipped cream,.,,

Old 01-11-2010 | 06:05 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HIA FREEBS!!!!

I don't have much time to write - house cleaners are coming tomorrow, plus it's official "give them a pat on the back day" at work. We're rolling out on Wednesday. Did I mention it was NEGATIVE 13 with the wind chill in Kansas????? ARGH.

Just wanted to let ya'll know I haven't forgotten you - think about you guys all the time - and I love all of you!! Thanks for the birthday wishes. That was the night the moving van guy spent the night and we ended up with chinese food on paper plates. BOY do I have STORIES to tell YOU GUYS!! But only when I have a few spare moments to breathe... Later, kids.

Old 01-11-2010 | 08:10 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
X - good luck with the move, check in when you can and sending you some WARM wishes for the new home!

Old 01-13-2010 | 06:19 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Hi everyone! Very busy taking care of business here at home. Lots of stuff going on and I am lining up all of my ducks.

It's been very very cold here and unfortunately I think it was just one night too many. My Foxtail palms are all brown. They were very full and lush and green. I don't know what will happen over the next several months but it takes quite awhile for them to become as full as they were. All fronds that were there will eventually fall off. I hope that the hearts didn't die... but I won't know for awhile. Boo. And most of the plants out front will have to be trimmed way back. The grass? Well... probably no hope for the grass. But the whole area has the same problem so... what are ya' gonna do, right?

My pool got down to 49 degrees! No way would I ever get in that. I think I'm having some withdrawals from not working out in it. I was doing 2 hr workouts about 4 days a week. I am doing some walking but it's in no way the same.

Wow this is like a bummer post! Where's my happy smilies?!? Wait...

I am actually VERY VERY HAPPY!! I think I rented myself a VERY good attorney. <giggle> We'll see... but so far so good. And y'all know how thorough I can be when I need to find something or figure something out. But that's all I can say about that on here. Someone might be reading this.

I think my roller derby queen dreams might have to wait a little while though. <sigh>

Old 01-14-2010 | 08:22 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, OLA you go girl!
Cabby, hang in there, it's getting warmer!
TN and Hal how are you making out?
AK say dry...
RG and RJ where you been?

anyway, i'm busy finishing up another semister of school and this thesis..

then taking a semister off, as too much is happening here, with tax season coming up quick and hubby is having surgery in a couple weeks.

Anyway, ..... night night all....

Old 01-15-2010 | 02:13 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Hey Gemmy! I'm doing fine. Weather finally co-operated to where I could wash Cedric. He was so salty and nasty.

Temperature here today got up to 60F. Supposed to do the same tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some more work done on the deck.

Old 01-16-2010 | 08:52 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Howdy Gemmy,
I've washed my car 3 times and STILL it's icky... granted it's just the drive in, put some quarters in the box and hold the wand wash... but ICK!
I've been a super busy gal- been running all over the place. In fact, I'm not sure which way is up...
Hope to at least get some of the mess picked up today...
brain is in a fog... <sigh>
ciao

Old 01-16-2010 | 02:31 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everyone!! It was in the fifties here today and it was awesome!! It was actually warm(ish) yesterday too. Ola,, is it warmer there for you?? i am so sorry to hear about your vegetation,,, I love my landscaping and it would break my heart to watch them wilt...

But!! Glad to hear that you are all peppy and hyped and maybe not doing the roller derby thing for a while!! LOL

Just kidding,,, I say Live and Let Live-- if you wanna "roll with the big girls" then you should do it!!

I think, we need to start a theme of sorts... like pick a topic and everyone put in their thoughts about it,, or better yet-- their MEMORIES about it... like your first:
Pet
Date
Marriage,,, ( sorry, couldn't resisit--- lol --- some of you are still on your first but not me!) actually this isn't a good topic,,, but I felt I should post it for a laugh
First time that you remember being truly,,, totally,, turning beet red embarrassed....

Because I am not thinking of any really good random topics to get on here and talk about....

Facebook has been fun, I reconnected iwht some old school chums,,, and then, out of the blue I got a note from a long lost cousin,,, I was so excited!! So he and I have been chatting away...he lives in Monterey, Calif.

Very cool,, yes??

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:15 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Gem- I AM! And best wishes to your hubby for a successful surgery.

Cab- It has warmed up here this week. Still too cold to heat the pool though. The landscaping looks pretty horrible. Nothing I could really do though. And everyone else's looks like crap so it all kinda' blends at least. I seriously don't know what I should do about the palms though... I guess I'll watch them and just clean up when the fronds start falling off. They still "look" like palm trees... albeit BROWN ones... but if I start ripping stuff off I think they will look much much worse.

Roller Derby is not totally out of the question yet.

So hmmm... all of these interesting topics ALEX? I think I'll go with the obvious... ummm... PETS? Yeah, of course my first pet was a feline. I've had cats and kittens for my whole life. My weirdest pet was a crawfish that I caught in a river bed. I was about 10. Had a sink in my bedroom and I kept it in there. Fed it hamburger. Then one day it pinched on my finger and I chased it around the sink with my hand because it was naughty. It went backwards very fast and accidentally scooted down the overflow drain. Game over. Second weird pet was a salamander. It was purple and had dots on its back. I THINK that also lived in my sink for awhile. Wasn't covered. Then one day it was gone. Weeks later there was something smelly under my carpet (carpet wasn't tacked down on edges). Pulled up the carpet and there was a little salamander skeleton! OHHHH... THAT's where he went. Boo.

Cab I think that's great about your long lost cousin. My brother keeps bugging me about getting on FB but I don't know... I think it would be hard to get anything else done.

Sounds like it's warming up in the TN area too.

Old 01-17-2010 | 08:40 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Morning...
it's warmer, but much, much wetter. Been raining pretty steadily (and hard) since yesterday. Boot sucking mud out there. Oh well. Miss the snow, it at least was pretty!
Think we might go to a friend's house today, and then out to dinner and the movies. Avatar maybe? The kids don't have school tomorrow, so it's a real possibility.
Hmm... pets you say? I had a pet sheep when I was a kid who was leash trained. His name was PoohBear. His mother had rejected him and I had raised him. I went off to school (boarding) and came home for Thanksgiving to find that he was no longer on the farm... And while my mother was telling me how she'd sent him to slaughter (well, we raise sheep for slaughter now don't we?) she was serving lamb. To say I have issues over that is an understatement.
As a kid I had goats, sheep, horses, dogs, cats (altho my mother gave them away... but let my stepfather keep his... HMMM), a pet steer (we taught him to let us ride him). In college, I had a dog, and a 5 foot boa constrictor (actually belonged to a friend in college, but I "wore" him everywhere), 2 ring necked doves, a guinea pig who ran away from home (had her in a pen outside on a nice day so she could eat grass) and then when it started raining cold rain, I heard a scratching noise on my storm door and there was Laurel, wanting back in (a week later... I thought she was a gonner). Now... it's dogs, cats, horses, pigs, goats, and about 10years ago I had guineas (the birds, aka helmet heads), chickens, peafowl, and ducks.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...