Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010 | 08:54 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by qskapunk
Man, this thread is still going on?
It's a Family Reunion EVERYDAY...join in!! Have a Burger and some Potato Salad, Sodas are in a Cooler under the Big Oak Tree!!

Old 01-30-2010 | 07:27 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
.....Hi Hal,,, just how expensive ARE those diffusers??....
Best price I have found so far just under $20 for the complete diffuser including shipping. Refills run about $12-$15 plus shipping. Seem like various vendors make up their profit margin with handling charges.

Vivi - We have about a 1600 sq/ft and use three throughout the house. One in our bedroom, dining room, and a utility room. We put them in the areas where Fester was marking the most.

This conversation just reminded me I need to order refills.

Old 01-30-2010 | 08:36 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
I love you guys.

OK! SO I'm kind of in contact with MiniXb (on FB, anyway), and as soon as the dust settles (or is it snow??) I'll arrange a meet up. Pics will of course be forthcoming if such an event is excecuted....

Old 01-30-2010 | 08:47 AM
HalAC
5th Gear
Cool! Can't wait for the pics.

Hey maybe we could meet up some place about halfway. Memphis? St. Louis? Branson?

Old 01-30-2010 | 11:39 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Alrighty Freebies... HI! Just went through a few pages... . You guys have been busy! Cabin fever maybe?

Gem- Sorry for your loss sweetie.
Mr. A- Sorry about your electrical gremlins... but it def sounds like the windshield is the culprit. There should be a warranty through the company that installed it.
TNMM- I love your comeback for reading every 5th page! Beautiful!
RJ, Hal- Hey! *waving*
UHOH- I was a little scared when you started telling the story but I'm glad to see that it turned out ok. Yes, RIP to Mr. Kitty.
Cab- It's been about mid 60s-70s during the day. Right now it looks rainy. Don't know if it is supposed to get colder or not. The cold front is north of us. I've got SOOOO much cleanup to do around the yard.

BTW- who's "MINIxB"?!?

Old 01-30-2010 | 01:55 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
MINIxB is a regular on Even More Random Thoughts... and occasionally appears other places. She lives in Kansas City and is really nice- She's been offering to help UhOh to acclimate. And I believe she's either going to MOTD on her honeymoon or maybe it was MSSD for her honeymoon...

I thought that was pretty clever too Ola! Thanks for the comment (and I have to profess, I have done that on a few really long threads, trying to get a handle on what's going on... altho NOT on the Freebie Network, LOL)

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:37 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
MINIxB is a regular on Even More Random Thoughts... and occasionally appears other places. She lives in Kansas City and is really nice- She's been offering to help UhOh to acclimate. And I believe she's either going to MOTD on her honeymoon or maybe it was MSSD for her honeymoon...

I thought that was pretty clever too Ola! Thanks for the comment (and I have to profess, I have done that on a few really long threads, trying to get a handle on what's going on... altho NOT on the Freebie Network, LOL)
Sweetie sweetie... I know who MINIxB is. That was my attempt at a little sarcasm. She left us and never came back! She doesn't call... doesn't write... nothin'.

Old 01-30-2010 | 03:56 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
<bangs head on desk>

I was wondering why you asked that question... I guess my head is filled with fluffy white snow & not brains...<sigh>

Old 01-30-2010 | 04:22 PM
sikamini
6th Gear
Hi!

Old 01-30-2010 | 04:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hi all, and a few from the past.... yes this thread still goes on.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, it was a beautiful service - she would have been happy!

X- of course we still love you, that was a hard decission to make.
Ola, at least your finally getting some good weather- sorry for any plants you lost.

RJ pass the potato salad please!

Old 01-30-2010 | 04:32 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sikamini
Hi!
Hey Sika, where you been??

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:47 PM
tattman23
6th Gear
Being IN the Moment (7,312 posts later)

Well, hi all, nice thread. now if u'll escuse me i have to read (7,311 /5) pages of posts, to get to know y'all. Meanwhile I guess i'm a LfC (lurker from Chicago).
hi 'Ola, bbs,
Tatt

Old 01-30-2010 | 10:17 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Welcome Tattman...pull up a chair, have some

Old 01-31-2010 | 06:12 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
morning all, How's the coffee?

welcome Tat, mind if we call you Tat?

Old 01-31-2010 | 08:40 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tattman23
Well, hi all, nice thread. now if u'll escuse me i have to read (7,311 /5) pages of posts, to get to know y'all. Meanwhile I guess i'm a LfC (lurker from Chicago).
hi 'Ola, bbs,
Tatt

Tatt, I'll make it easier on you... instead of dividing 7311/5 why not read every 5th PAGE... so that would be somewhere around 273 (I think) divided by 5 = 54.6 pages...

yup, you might need some to get thru that Welcome to the Freebies Thread and stay away from the apples

Old 01-31-2010 | 11:54 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Cool! Can't wait for the pics.

Hey maybe we could meet up some place about halfway. Memphis? St. Louis? Branson?
That'd be cool! But I have to get the class schedule first. I'm cramming a lot of stuff into this little bitty year, so I haveta make sure timing works.... But I'm definitely up for it.

This weather and this place is going to drive me INSANE with my poor MINI. Literally five minutes after a touchless carwash bath, he was so filthy I cried! Poor guy...in this condition, nobody can see his awesome stripe-age.

Old 01-31-2010 | 05:11 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Here's a thought. How about meeting here:

http://www.mme2010.com/mme10_ver2_001.htm

I know its not centrally located, but it might be fun.

Old 01-31-2010 | 05:55 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Here's a thought. How about meeting here:

http://www.mme2010.com/mme10_ver2_001.htm

I know its not centrally located, but it might be fun.
Fairborn is where my dad works!!!

Old 01-31-2010 | 06:00 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
So much the better, eh?

I have an old Air Force buddy who works at Wright-Patt. Might try to see him while I'm there if this comes together.

Old 02-01-2010 | 10:47 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x

Holy Krap!! I could make this one,,, if I try really hard!! Very close to where my mommy lives and I will be due for a visit this summer.....

**doing the happy dance***

Will write more tonight, I am out the door--- just had to peek in and see what was a happenin!!

Ola,,, Minixb,,,LOL,,

Glad to hear she is alive and well!! Wonder how she is enjoying her new Mini??

Last edited by cabwy; 02-01-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2010 | 04:26 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Uhm,,, I hope my saying that I might get to join you all in Ohio didn't scare everyone one off!!
I am sure that Gemmy is %%^^%%!! this morning as we have a bit more snow on the ground,,, and I guess we have a good chance of a good amount of snow for the weekend forecast!!

Tatt,, how are you doing with your reading??

Sika-- if you are still around, hey there!! How ya do'in!!??

For the life of me, I just don't have much to ramble on about,, I do actually have another pet story that was pretty funny..

My sons had this cute little Gerbil and he loved his little exercise ball. Well, one night we were sitting in the dining room, playing cards and here comes this little Gerbil rolling through the kitchen, heading towards us... so, you guys know how some homes have that metal strip to transisiton from linoleum to carpet? he hits that and can't get his ball up over it. He tries several times , with the same result. Then he turns it around, makes a wide arc into the kitchen and gets his speed up and rolls towards the lip and was able to get over it!! It was hysterical!! He was able to think it through and get over the little speed bump in his way!!

I feel myself getting all proud and "misty eyed" over here,,, hahahah

Have a great Wednesday, Freebs!!

Old 02-03-2010 | 04:08 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
It would be nice to meet up with another Freebie.

Right now this is a tentative event for us to attend. I also have a trip to Florida planned for the first weekend of March and another near the end of July. Just trying to keep my vacation budget straight.

Old 02-03-2010 | 04:26 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Cab, that's hilarious! And reminds me of another pet story.

My brother and I had gerbils when we were younger - mine was "Sneakers" and his was "Sniffles." (These were named after mice in a very old Warner Bros cartoon.) Annnyway, my brother's room was totally under renovation (as in, had snow coming in through the roof) and in some kind of compensation, he was allowed to keep the gerbils in his room, with a little heating pad under their terrarium. Mom went in to check on him before she went to bed, and discovered him sleeping on his back, kind of propped up, with both hands cupped. She woke him up to ask him WTH was he doing, and he freaked out... SWORE he had both gerbils in his hands "because they were cold" and accidently fell asleep. We searched the entire room - trashed it! - looking for the two missing in action. Evidently I made too much noise near their cage, and up pops two little noses...they buried themselves so deep in the sawdust (to be close to the heating pad) that we missed them in the cage-sweep. :D Sneakers was big on those plastic ***** - and would chase the cat all over the house!

Old 02-03-2010 | 07:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Happy Wednesday all.

Cab you are correct, &^%$##%%^ snow, and more coming. YUCK. nothing more then an inconvenience to me.
On the same note my Nugget got a new pair of sneakers! the snow kind, handles nicely so far. But I'm hoping for them to stay almost brand new by spring!

Old 02-03-2010 | 07:50 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
I love the gerbal story Cabby and X...

X how are you liking your new home?

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...