Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010 | 09:03 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
I love the gerbal story Cabby and X...

X how are you liking your new home?
Yeah...and we still haven't seen any Pics....come on Girl get a move on!! (I L@VE this Guy!!)

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-06-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2010 | 09:29 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
g'morning all.

My boss is out of town through Monday...so theoretically I should be able to get more done. Funny how that works, huh?

But it also means that the potential for disaster is much higher - things always seem to go wrong when he's away.

And +1 for pics!

Old 02-04-2010 | 06:16 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
MINIxB is a regular on Even More Random Thoughts... and occasionally appears other places. She lives in Kansas City and is really nice- She's been offering to help UhOh to acclimate. And I believe she's either going to MOTD on her honeymoon or maybe it was MSSD for her honeymoon...
Ooo yay! Nice things said about me.

Originally Posted by miniola
Sweetie sweetie... I know who MINIxB is. That was my attempt at a little sarcasm. She left us and never came back! She doesn't call... doesn't write... nothin'.
Sowwy. I got sucked into EMRT....

Old 02-04-2010 | 08:21 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Ok, ya'll will have to tell me if they do/do not have sound - I'm actually narrating as I'm walking around - but my new desktop doesn't seem to want the sound to work, no matter what the volume settings are on right now... ANYway....

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...sk/KS%20House/

Old 02-04-2010 | 08:59 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Ok, ya'll will have to tell me if they do/do not have sound - I'm actually narrating as I'm walking around - but my new desktop doesn't seem to want the sound to work, no matter what the volume settings are on right now... ANYway....

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...sk/KS%20House/
WOW UhOh...that's some house and I haven't even seen all of it yet. And YES there is sound, we can hear you just fine..."Can you HEAR Me NOW??!!"

Anyway, I did have one question...why in the world are the Doors Open?? There's SNOW on the Ground!!

I'm gonna' finish watching...can't wait to come Visit!!

Old 02-04-2010 | 09:07 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
WOW UhOh...that's some house and I haven't even seen all of it yet. And YES there is sound, we can hear you just fine..."Can you HEAR Me NOW??!!"

Anyway, I did have one question...why in the world are the Doors Open?? There's SNOW on the Ground!!

I'm gonna' finish watching...can't wait to come Visit!!
That was the day the movers came to deliver the furniture/house hold goods...I tried to quickly take the videos while they were setting up ramps, floor guards, etc...but unfortunately, I hate moving day - especially when moving in winter. When they moved stuff OUT of our house in VA, I had to run an errand...I came back to find hubband sitting in the kitchen on one of the only chairs left out, in his heavy shearling coat, winter ski hat pulled down over his ears, and gloves on. IN the house. Delivery on this end wasn't much better! Always have to prepare for a HUGE heating bill on move in/out days.

Old 02-04-2010 | 11:32 PM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Wow, that's one heck of a house! Nice!

Old 02-05-2010 | 01:59 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Nice house! It almost matches the color of your Mini. LOL

Old 02-05-2010 | 07:55 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Love the wall paper in the dining room Beautiful house, nice size front yard.

thanks for the video, yes I could here you too!

Old 02-05-2010 | 08:59 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
so it is late and the snow is coming down outside... fire in the wood stove going, feet warming... hot chocolate in hand, and relaxing...
they are expecting at least a foot of snow in my area and almost 2 feet in Cabby's area, when it's all said and done.
Nugget is snug in the garage and hopefully Cabby's Sloopy is too!

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:04 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
You Kids stay Safe...let us know how you're fairing, in other words Check-In once in a while. If we don't here from you, we'll have to send in a Search Party and that could get ugly!!

Old 02-06-2010 | 06:50 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thanks RJ, but you better send a St. Bernard with a barrel under his neck...

Here is a photo out to our back deck and yard.... looks like 18 inches at least and still coming.....

"CABBY YOU OUT THERE"????????????*screaming*

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-nor-easter-2010-001-small-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2010 | 09:17 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Thanks RJ, but you better send a St. Bernard with a barrel under his neck...

Here is a photo out to our back deck and yard.... looks like 18 inches at least and still coming.....

"CABBY YOU OUT THERE"????????????*screaming*
So I guess I shouldn't tell you it's going to be 51/S here today and 55/PC tomorrow!! *Go ahead throw the SnowBall...I deserve it!!*

Old 02-06-2010 | 09:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
This would be my 85 pound yellow lab, Thistle, she is a bit confused to what is tickling her belly!!

and duck RJ, snowball flying at you!!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-nor-easter-2010-004-small-.jpg   Free Classic Mini...-nor-easter-2010-006-small-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2010 | 10:39 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Holy COW Gemmy!! Poor Thistle.

Mom has 41 dogs - all little guys, about 3-7lbs mostly. Dad always has to go out into the snow first and make tracks around the yard so that the littlest guys can hop from one footprint to the next to get through the snow!!

Old 02-06-2010 | 11:08 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Holy COW Gemmy!! Poor Thistle.

Mom has 41 dogs - all little guys, about 3-7lbs mostly. Dad always has to go out into the snow first and make tracks around the yard so that the littlest guys can hop from one footprint to the next to get through the snow!!
OMG 41 dogs??????

And I'm having a hard time deciding on getting a second one! No matter how small - 41 is a lot of mouths to feed!

Old 02-06-2010 | 11:17 AM
miniola
6th Gear
Oh I SOOOO want to come up and play! I saw that in DC they were talking 30" so far and looking for about 10" more? CRAZY! The "Winter POWERHOUSE"... ala the Weather Channel. It's about 66 here today and quite breezy and chilly if not in the sun. I'm working on cleaning out crap/junk/clothes/whatever I don't feel like keeping anymore. Well, right NOW I am on NAM but I SHOULD be doing that other stuff. Yeah, I wonder if you guys are going to lose power up there? Gem- sounds like you've got yourself pretty well hooked up with the fire and the hot chocolate and all.

Tatt! You finally stopped by! BTW- I didn't take out the chainsaw yet.

Cabby was talking 6-12" of snow but maybe she's getting more than she planned. Haven't heard from her today. LOVED the story about the Gerbil! And UHOH the thought of your brother holding those two little gerbils to keep them warm... Awwwwwwe! I had a gerbil over the holiday break in high school one year. I named him "Moonboot". He was a pretty cool little guy (girl?) don't remember now. And "Moonboot" is pretty gender neutral.

And UHOH the house IS beautiful. Too bad you'll only be able to enjoy it for 10 months!

Ok gonna go try to get back to work. Buh-bye!

Old 02-06-2010 | 07:48 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Ola, if you come up to play, you've got a place to stay! yes i'm hooked up with chocolate - hot and other, and wood for the stove and we are set. Didn't have to go to work today due to the "state emergency" and made soup for dinner after the shoveling/snowblower.
After your "snow angles" are finished we will get into Nugget and go shovel out Cab.

*screams* CAB WHERE ARE YOU, YOU OK ??

Old 02-07-2010 | 07:28 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Gemmy!! Quit screaming!! you are hurting my ears!!

We are fine, we just kind of snuggled in yesterday, in between the shoeling and brushing off the shrubs so they wouldn't split in two... We ended up with 26-27"--- but with drifitng it is hard to tell,,, Philly reported 27 and we are very close to them soooo I am thinking that is what we got. I can't show you the cockers int he snow like thistle becasue they would disappear!!

I took a 2 hour nap yesterday,,, I never, ever take a long nap like that --unless I am sick,,, so it was awesome!!

All four of us were snuggled on the king bed,,,, very cozy

going out to snap some pictures, my sons want pictures,,, they are sooo demanding!!

As for poor Sloopy,, she was out int he storm!! OUr garage is only a one car garage ( remember- the house was built in 1925!! and it is chuck full of scuba gear, scuba tanks,, potting supplies, fishing gear and tents and bikes and well, you get the picture...
speaking of picture, this is a shot I took of her early yesterday morning and the snow fall was far from over, I would guess at this time there was like 16-18 inches on the ground... bbrrrrr! It is 18 degrees here today!

Attached Thumbnails Free Classic Mini...-sloopy-hang-on-feb-10.jpg  
Old 02-07-2010 | 07:37 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
sorry for the screaming Cabby....

shhhhhhh, everyone quite, Cabbies taking a nap...

glad you 4 are safe and sound.

oh and another storm on tuesday. I hope not. Hubby is going in for his long awaited hip surgery on Tuesday. I can't wait for him to be home again, i don't like when he is not here. Good thing i have stocked the house with chocolate!

Nugget got snow tires and I haven't had to taken her out to test them.

Old 02-07-2010 | 08:26 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Awww, please wish Ray the best from both Bob and myself? He will do fine!! I am more worried about you , alone with the chocolate!!

now, go gargle with some salt water, your vocal chords must be all jangled...

Uhoh,, LOVE the house!! LOVE, love, love the kitchen with the butlers pantry,,, very roomy!

Didn't see them all,, trying to clean up a bit ( 2 house bound pups) and prep for a 2 pm massage client and also bake something for a Super Bowl Party tonight,,, plus get out for a photo shoot for the boys.. sigh--- it's never easy here on the East coast... LMAO

Last edited by cabwy; 02-07-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: because I was rushing!
Old 02-07-2010 | 03:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Awww, please wish Ray the best from both Bob and myself? He will do fine!! I am more worried about you , alone with the chocolate!!
Thank you from Ray, and don't worry about me and the chocolate, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!!

Old 02-10-2010 | 08:26 AM
cabwy
6th Gear
Can you believe wht the east coast is getting ???? In snow, that is!!

I like snow,, love a few storms throughout the season, but 2 huge blizzards back to back within 5 days of wach others???? Eeeek!

Darren, I think this is YOUR weather pattern,, can you come get it??

I am making the most of it though, we are painting the massage room today,,, wup wup!!!

Wish us luck,,, painting together is usually veeery hard on the marriage...

I might take a drive tho,, and go slap the krap out of a certain groundhog that lives nearby......

Old 02-10-2010 | 10:09 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Yeah that's supposed to be the weather pattern up here...and I'd gladly take that over the craptastic rain we've had lately!

Can you believe wht the east coast is getting ???? In snow, that is!!

I like snow,, love a few storms throughout the season, but 2 huge blizzards back to back within 5 days of wach others???? Eeeek!

Darren, I think this is YOUR weather pattern,, can you come get it??

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:03 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear

I might take a drive tho,, and go slap the krap out of a certain groundhog that lives nearby......
too late, i shot that dam groundhog!

I HATE SNOW...

Hubby in the hospital and I had to shovel / snowblow 24 inches of this crap by myself!

I had the worst week ever in my life this week. want to vent to my freebee freinds but just too tired.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...