Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:08 PM
miniola
6th Gear
HEY GEM! I was just getting on here to check and see how things were going. How did his surgery go? Hope all is well. CRAZY snow! I find it quite funny that YOU shot the groundhog!

That's a freakin' lot of snow man!!!

OOOOH Cabby I LOVE that pic of Sloopy!

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:19 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AKIndiMini
Yeah that's supposed to be the weather pattern up here...and I'd gladly take that over the craptastic rain we've had lately!
Please take some from us!

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:23 PM
miniola
6th Gear
So Monday and Tuesday were interesting. Monday was my 3rd drawing class but the first time with a "model"... ummm... a nude one. I was thinking we'd be weaned into it... like maybe underwear or something first? But nope. Flip flops and robe on the floor and this lady was doing poses. I saw WAYYYYY more than I really needed to see. I didn't bust out laughing though... so I deserve a huge prize for that! This lady was not thin. She had a big ol' booty (lumpy lumpy booty), hoots that looked like they'd supported several children, rolls and lots of tattoos! The class consisted of many 10 second poses, then 30 second poses then 1 minute poses and 2 minute poses. She had legs up... legs down... *** toward my face and OMG! I saw something that I thought "maybe she should see a doctor and get that checked out". Interesting class. But I'm actually not too bad at drawing the skeletal structure and looking and muscle structure. But that WAS my first time ever drawing a person.

On Tuesday I went to my first Roller Derby practice. I am HOOKED UP! I've got hot skates with pink wheels and all of the pads a player would ever need. I didn't skate though because I wasn't ready. I just stopped by to see what it was like. I did put my skates on when I got home though. Disco Ball on and I was trying to learn how to stand up. The dog thought I wanted to play so she had her toy that she kept trying to give me. I was slowly skating back and forth from door to door and through the kitchen. Would have been REALLY bad if I'd crashed through the sliding glass doors though!! They're HUGE. Full length of one whole wall and 10 feet high. I'm sure it would have been interesting for people going by to see. I did several knee slides (on purpose)... have "FAT BOY" knee pads... guess they're the good kind.

Today was kind of boring in comparison but anyway... I've got to go work on my art. Drawing hands. Another art class tomorrow.

These are my skates. Wheels are called "Wicked MOJO".

Last edited by miniola; 02-10-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2010 | 07:31 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by miniola
HEY GEM! I was just getting on here to check and see how things were going. How did his surgery go? Hope all is well. CRAZY snow! I find it quite funny that YOU shot the groundhog!

That's a freakin' lot of snow man!!!

OOOOH Cabby I LOVE that pic of Sloopy!
Yes I had no choice but to shoot the dam groundhog, 2 storms back to back 24 inches EACH!
Had to put the ground hog out of my misery!

ok so since i'm still here and Ola asked, I'm going to vent... the night before my hubby's surgery, I spent the better part of the evening in hte emergancy room, my dad had a major stroke, brain hemorrhaging. Not much more we can do for him other then keep him comfortable. Hubby's surgery was early the next morning, I didn't want to tell him before surgery, not to upset him (he and my dad were best friends). Hubby's surgery went well, small issues but got them straight. Hubby and dad on in the same hospital - different floors. 24/7 at the hopsital for the last 2 days. Mom with one and I with the other switching rooms and meeting in the cafateria for some food /coffee once in a while. Only to come home tonight through this snow storm and can't find my drive way! another 2 hours snowblowing and cursing at the world (and i don't usually curse)....
I'm tired and don't know what to do next. The house is so quiet, pup is napping at my feet.
Pass the chocolate please, add some whiskey to it!

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:36 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Sorry about your dad.

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
And it's ALWAYS ok to vent here sweetie. Wish there was more that could be done. Drink as much whiskey as you need. Hopefully we won't find out that you're in some kind of chocolate coma though!

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Sorry about your dad.
thanks, sorry to hear about the naked *** in your face.

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:56 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
And it's ALWAYS ok to vent here sweetie. Wish there was more that could be done. Drink as much whiskey as you need. Hopefully we won't find out that you're in some kind of chocolate coma though!
thanks ola, wasn't sure I was going to tell anyone here, didn't want to depress everyone but I guess I needed to talk.
I'm so tired and sad and happy (about hubby surgery going well) such mixed emotions and trying to "fix" everything.

I'm the one in the family everyone calls for help, I guess every family has one person, in mine that is me. If something happens -it's me and I just don't know how to fix this... so i'm the comforter... staying tough and making the right decissions. well I had to make the toughest decission of my life the other night concerning my dad. I don't ever want to have to do that again. EVER. My dad is such a trooper, because even though he can't open his eyes and can't talk, when he heard my voice he gave me the biggest smile. He was always my rock and not i have to be the rock for him.
And in the next minutes running up to hubby's room and having to tell off a nurse for doing something stupid and moving hubby's leg and hearing him scream out in pain. Seriously are they stupid, havn't they gone to school?

anyway enough venting, I was going to go to bed but all of a sudden my stomach is growling. go raid the fridge and then off to bed.

Old 02-10-2010 | 07:56 PM
miniola
6th Gear
I almost just spit out my drink! (about the apology for the *** in my face!)

Old 02-10-2010 | 08:03 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
good night Ola - thanks for listening!
I will come back when i can.

Old 02-10-2010 | 08:03 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
thanks ola, wasn't sure I was going to tell anyone here, didn't want to depress everyone but I guess I needed to talk.
I'm so tired and sad and happy (about hubby surgery going well) such mixed emotions and trying to "fix" everything.

I'm the one in the family everyone calls for help, I guess every family has one person, in mine that is me. If something happens -it's me and I just don't know how to fix this... so i'm the comforter... staying tough and making the right decissions. well I had to make the toughest decission of my life the other night concerning my dad. I don't ever want to have to do that again. EVER. My dad is such a trooper, because even though he can't open his eyes and can't talk, when he heard my voice he gave me the biggest smile. He was always my rock and not i have to be the rock for him.
And in the next minutes running up to hubby's room and having to tell off a nurse for doing something stupid and moving hubby's leg and hearing him scream out in pain. Seriously are they stupid, havn't they gone to school?

anyway enough venting, I was going to go to bed but all of a sudden my stomach is growling. go raid the fridge and then off to bed.
I'll quote now so it doesn't appear that I'm responding to serious statements with inappropriate comments...

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this Gem. I know it can't be easy especially when people always count on you. You should talk to UHOH... she's always the rock in her family too... taking care of everything. It's a tough job. I hope it gets better for you. ((((HUGS))))

Last edited by miniola; 02-10-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2010 | 08:14 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
you are so sweet. I love my freebee friends... night night,

One thing i have learn, things always look differently in the morning. expecially when they are covered in almost 4 feel of freaking snow....
(had to end on a funny note)

again thanks for listening.

Old 02-10-2010 | 08:49 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
((((BIG HUGS))))

Gemmy this must so difficult for you...your Freebie Friends are here for you...but I DON'T shovel Snow!!

Tomorrow is a New Day, get some good rest and when ever you need to we are here to listen!!

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-12-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2010 | 09:49 AM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Thanks much RJ and Ola for the hugs...

I tried to leave for work this morning and the roads were too bad. So i turned around, tried to go to the hospital (closer) still bad roads. So cell phones it is. my dad is holding his own as for the moment, different docs checking all his vitals. So far he is stable. My dad is a strong man with a stuborn attitude! (I take after him) He is a fighter, and I feel he won't give up without a fight.

My hubby is also a very stong man with family values and feels bad he is laying in a bed with me to worry about 26 inches(upgraded in my area) of snow. He did fantastic in therapy this morning and is doing a few steps and hopefully will come home tomorrow. I think he is going to go see my dad later tonight with some help.

I feel useless today trapped in the house and can't get out of the rural area i live in... but I did sleep a little later today (about 20 minutes) and have eaten.

Thanks so much for the support, this thread is cheaper then therapy!!!
I love all you guys!!!
OLA good luck with the skating thing!!!
RJ no worries - i have finished shoveling and don't intend on doing the sidewalks so you are safe! If I had my way, I wouldn't be shoveling either!

Old 02-11-2010 | 01:13 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Awww, Jo.. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I just signed on and read the news about your father. Jeez,,, when it rains it pours, huh? Or when it snows it "blizzards" (sorry, just couldn't stop myself!)

But! I am thrilled to hear that Ray is doing so well and that you are seeing some positive-ish signs from your father's condition. Just take it one day at a time, it is all any of us can do.

As for the snow and having to shovel and snow blow,,, you poor thing!! I am so sorry you had to come home to that. That is truly just horrible,,, I am sending you the biggest, sympathetic hug possible through the air waves....

This has been some amazing snow week,, I gave up on working again today. It was all mobile clients and just didn't want to risk being on the back roads, espcially with the higher wind gusts still doing their damage.

Ola,,, you crack me up!! Glad your class went,, uhm,,, so well??!!??

You know my story along those lines... you really made my day with your description of it all..... hoo boy,, still laughing..

And the Wicked Mojo is hysterical.... like I mentioned recently to you,,I still think I may use that for a name on a thread sometime..... haha

We are almost finished with the massage room painting,, it looks awesome!

Jo, hang in there dear. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.. ok?

Old 02-11-2010 | 05:18 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Gemmy Girl,
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
I'm sending out healing thoughts for your Dad and Ray. But especially your Dad... and a mess to you as well. I wish I was closer, I'd put on my Cross Country skis and go over and give you a big hug, make you a big mug of hot chocolate and throw a bunch of brandy in it... and let you talk, cry, cuss and what ever else you needed. I'd even help with the shoveling (possibly by hiring the cute guy down the street to do it while we sat inside sipping our spiked hot cocoa and watched him... of course, he'd get warm and strip off his coat... warmer, off comes the flannel shirt, until we're just looking at some well toned muscles and a good strong back! Ahhhhhh... eye candy! Oh crap, he smiled and doesn't have a tooth in his head... eeeekkk, bad mental vision, make it stop!)

Ok, sorry about that. Thought you might could do with a bit of humor to get you thru this. We're here for you -
HUGS- and I mean that!
V

Old 02-11-2010 | 06:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
OMG TN, you made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks for that!!!!

Cabby, thanks much also. You guys are the best.
Well I just returned from the hospital and good news Ray will be coming home tomorrow night. He is doing so good, i got there in time to watch his therapy and the gadgets to put his socks on and stuff. Oh and on a funny note, and most important teaching him how to get into a car correctly, for the drive home (anyone see where I'm going with this?) They asked what kind of car will he be coming home in, he said a Jeep, but the Jeep is very high he would have to lift to get into it. they asked do you have another car that jeep might be too high, he said yeah a MINI Cooper, they started to laugh and said "we will work with the jeep"!

Now my dad, he has developed phenomena. He has been asleep most of the day. I put hubby in a wheel chair and took him down to dad's room and hubby started to call his name and my dad opened his eyes for about 3 minutes then went back to sleep. at least hubby got to got see him.

Old 02-12-2010 | 08:04 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
And the good news is ...Hubby is home again!!!

And more good news is...
Dad’s CAT scan came back better then the doctors expected, and he at pureed food today!

Gemmy is dancing the happy dance right now!

both still have a tough road ahead but today is the first day in 5 days I have smiled!

thanks to all my freebee friends for all the well wishes!

Old 02-12-2010 | 10:07 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
Thanks much RJ and Ola for the hugs...

RJ no worries - i have finished shoveling and don't intend on doing the sidewalks so you are safe! If I had my way, I wouldn't be shoveling either!
Gemmy you know (you should know) that if I lived closer and you needed the Snow Shoveled, Dog(s) Fed/Loved, I'd be there to help. All your Freebie Friends would do what ever we could to take the stresses out of what you are going through!!

Very glad to hear you are doing the "Happy Dance" today, and here's hoping that from here on out your Dad gets Better and Better every Day!!

Happy Friday/Weekend Freebies!!

Old 02-13-2010 | 09:29 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Yeah, What RJ said!

Gemmy, I'm doing the happy dance with you! Wish I was closer to help you. Hugs-

Old 02-13-2010 | 12:08 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Yay Gem!

Happy Valentine's Day Freebs!

(That last one was 'Ola!!!)

Old 02-13-2010 | 01:28 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
so, would that mean she's far't'ola?

Old 02-13-2010 | 01:43 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
so, would that mean she's far't'ola?
Ya, but we love her!

Old 02-13-2010 | 05:47 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Hey X how is your place coming along???

RJ, (HUGS) back!!! thank you so much, and to you TN,Cabby, Ola, and everyone else... dad is eating again today!! He is the toughest fighter I know, Glad he is my dad!

Hubby is doing great, only one pain killer all day and that was at 5pm. Tomorrow I would personally like to say in bed all day and do nothing except roll over and ask the dog to serve coffe to us!

Can you believe they are calling for another snow storm on Monday night another 8 inches on top of the 48 inches we already have.... AND TODAY THERE WAS A NOTE IN MY MAIL BOX FROM THE POSTAL SERVICE, TO CLEAR THE STREET IN FRONT OF THE MAIL BOX OR THEY CAN NOT DELIVER MAIL....
I cleared a path to the front of the mail box but apparently they are not allow to get out of there vehicels.

GOOD THING I DID NOT SEE THE POSTMAN WHEN I SAW THAT NOTE!! I WOULD HAVE LET OUT AN ENTIRE WEEK OF STRESS ON HIM!

Last edited by gemgirlpa; 02-13-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2010 | 06:38 PM
miniola
6th Gear
GEM- SOOOO glad to hear that your dad and hubby are doing well! That is GREAT news! And whattup with the snow?!? CRAZY!!

But I must say I am SERIOUSLY DISTURBED by UHOH's thingy and TNMM chiming in(?). How the F did I end up being "FAR'T'OLA"?!? Are you kidding me?!?! First of all I rarely ever fart and when I DO... well they smell like flowers. Yeah, REALLY.

THIS ONE > < is ME. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...