Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

Free Classic Mini...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010 | 02:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
Hey Gemmy, I'm so happy Dad is eating. You gotta let him know he's got a HUGE fan club of Freebies routing for him. Ray does too. In fact, if you think it might help either one of them, how about PMing all of us with addresses to mail get well cards to your Dad & Ray. Of course, you'll need the toothless wonder to shovel out your mail box so the mail can be delivered... Just one question there- if the mail box has to be shoveled out, and the mailman can't get out of his vehicle to put mail in the mail box, JUST HOW THE HECK DID THE NOTE GET IN THERE???

How did I come up with the toothless but otherwise good looking snow shoveling dude? Well, I was born & raised in PA...
Thanks for the thought of mailing cards, I have been reading Ray all your well wishes, he is getting a kick out of this.... I'm reading this to him now and he is laughing. I forgot to tell him about the toothless guy until now....

I'm sure I asked you this before, but where in Pa were you raised?

Old 02-14-2010 | 02:27 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by cabwy
Do you think Ray is healed up enough to get out there and shovel??? JK,,, don't hit me!!

Girl you know me way to well......
Since Ray does most of the cooking I told him I was going to prop him up to the stove and take away his walker until I'm fed!
I know I know.... the "B" word comes to many minds!

Old 02-15-2010 | 05:42 PM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Gemmy, you'd never be the B word! But that does kind of remind me of when David had broken his collar bone when mountain biking and was under the influence of lots of painkillers... so he plunked himself down on the sofa and started "ordering" me around... beer wench, food wench, ya know the drill... he thought he was being sooo funny (while under the influence). So I took the remote, changed the TV station to some girl movie and put the remote *just* out of reach. He got the hint quickly... very very quickly... but I didn't back down, tee hee hee!

Watch out Ray, Gemmy might get ideas! Or she might hire the really-super-good-looking-until-he-smiles-snow-shoveler!

Old 02-16-2010 | 04:39 PM
miniola
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TNMiniMama
but Ola mentioned she had two men ~strangers I presume~ shave her girl parts. If that is something that needs to happen to you, maybe your husband can do it for you instead of strangers. It might make you feel more comfortable... OK, now to jump in here and rebutt the rebuttals (tee hee)
It was quick and dirty (and yes, they were strangers- thankfully not HOT strangers). But still... I'm shy about stuff like that. I was told I'd be draped and all... and I could feel my arms and legs covered up just fine but it was really drafty down there. I was flat on the table so I couldn't see. Then one guy said, "Don't worry... you're covered.". My reply was, "WHAT is covered? The line?!?". (And essentially that was the part that was covered.) Then came the pink Daisy razor. I had been hoping they'd go in through my arm for the procedure so I was first surprised that I wasn't allowed to wear panties and then the shave was especially unexpected. Wasn't like I was sportin' a 70's "do" either. SO JUST BE PREPARED if you have to have THAT procedure done.

Gem- I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting hubby to pull his weight around the house. surgery-schmurgery... The snow doesn't stop just because HE does.

Old 02-16-2010 | 06:55 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
You guys are too funny!
Hubby is the old fashioned kind where men take care of the family and it is killing him to see me shovel out, little by little, the dam mailbox. I got a hand massage when i came in tonight.

on the good note, I got my Nugget shoveled out so for the first time in a week I'm driving MY CAR to work! Probably a blessing in disguise because I saw 4 accidents in a matter of a 1/4 mile this morning from the snow were had during rush hour!

SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP SNOWING ... ENOUGH ALREADY!

Old 02-16-2010 | 09:07 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Well Freebies I'm exausted from my MRI Day, and going back to work afterwards, so I'll fill you in what what's tomorrow, K??

Nite Nite

Old 02-18-2010 | 04:35 AM
TNMiniMama
6th Gear
Hi Freebies,
I'm afraid I'm not going to be on here for the next few weeks. Or if so, only spotty. My neighbors, good friends of ours, their 14 yr old son died yesterday - he collapsed at soccer practice. Jake was like another son to me and a brother to my twins, so this is hitting home pretty hard. And I'm really upset for Jake's parents, who have lost a lot in their lives. Their eldest son (and only surviving other child) is in college, so their house is going to be mighty quiet.
Please say prayers, think good thoughts, send light and love to Jake Gibbs family.
Sorry to be such a bummer- It's been a long night.
XOX- Vivi

Old 02-18-2010 | 06:50 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Much prayer and thought, Vivi. If there's anything we can do, we're here for ya.

Old 02-18-2010 | 07:38 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Much prayer and thought, Vivi. If there's anything we can do, we're here for ya.
Sharing UhOh's sentiments, but I'm speachless...what an awful thing to have to endure, makes my problems seem trivial.

My Heart goes out to you and your Friends Vivi.

Old 02-18-2010 | 08:23 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
TN I'm so sorry for your friends child! That is horrible to hear someone so young.
please know you and they are in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

RJ how is your tests going? HUGS to you too.

Old 02-18-2010 | 09:02 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gemgirlpa
TN I'm so sorry for your friends child! That is horrible to hear someone so young.
please know you and they are in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

RJ how is your tests going? HUGS to you too.
Gemmy, I got a call from my Dr. yesterday morning, I'm now going to have a CT Scan on Monday, they think they found an Aortic aneurysm. My test results from Tuesday are being evaluated by a Thoracic Surgeon in case I need Surgery. I'll keep you updated.

Old 02-20-2010 | 07:44 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RJKimbell
Gemmy, I got a call from my Dr. yesterday morning, I'm now going to have a CT Scan on Monday, they think they found an Aortic aneurysm. My test results from Tuesday are being evaluated by a Thoracic Surgeon in case I need Surgery. I'll keep you updated.
Keep your chin up RJ, the docs seem like they are on top of thing!
But how are YOU doing? It's ok to be scared, remember we are here for you... talk, it helped me.

update on hubby and dad... hubby has graduated to walking with a cane in only a week and a half. tonight we went to a surprise party for about a hour. he was happy to get out of the house and i'm amazed so quickly.
dad is out of hte hospital and seems like the stroke took some of his vision but he is able to take a few steps and eat! For an Italian eating is everything!
he has been transfered to a home (farther from me ) but they specialize in physical therapy and if he does well, he might be able to go back to the home he was in (about 7 mini minutes from me) hopefully soon...

all is good and i'm loving my job but getting through the tax season is challaging! ... I know I can concur this in good time.

Hope everyone is well, TN hope your mom is glad your there.

RJ keep us informed.
night all.

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:18 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Anyone else ever have a COLD on their Birthday??!! I was so excited to have a Day Off of Work, get Molly's Windows Tinted, and then it hit me...Like a TON of Bricks...I even missed My Birthday Dinner. I had a 100deg. Fever and didn't think I should be going out, so I've pretty much been in bed all day trying to save my energy for Monday, I can't miss that Dr. Appt. I don't want to have to wait any longer before I know if/how they are going to fix me. Not really impatient, just anxious, but I know what ever has to be done, has to be done, I really don't have a choice.

Last edited by RJKimbell; 02-24-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2010 | 07:13 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
sorry you were under the weather for your birthday...

but that doesn't stop me from wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

*insert dancing smilies here*

Old 02-21-2010 | 07:21 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
sorry you were under the weather for your birthday...

but that doesn't stop me from wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

*insert dancing smilies here*
Thanks Gemmy that made me !!

Old 02-21-2010 | 07:23 PM
HalAC
5th Gear
Happy Belated Birthday RJ.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Old 02-21-2010 | 07:25 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
maybe you could postpone your birthday dinner until you can fully enjoy it!

Hi Hal...

where has everyone else been?

Old 02-21-2010 | 07:34 PM
HalAC
5th Gear

Hi Hal...

Don't know for sure. Sara's been busy watching Pirates of the Caribbean on TV.
I know that because she's been making a running commentary on Facebook.

Old 02-22-2010 | 04:35 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HalAC
Happy Belated Birthday RJ.

Hope you get to feeling better.
Thanks Hal on both Well Wishes...I hope I get better soon too!!

Hi Hal...

Gemmy I'm going to do just that...still don't feel up to snuff...we'll see about Friday Night...maybe??

Got my CT Scan out of the way...really wasn't all that bad, except for the gettin' stuck 2x. Oh well, she did find the "right" place the 2nd time. Now the wait begins, although my Dr. should have the results by now, 4:33PM our time now. I'm sure I'll be getting a call either tonight still or tomorrow...I'll keep my Freebie Friends updated. Thanks for the support it means a lot!!

Old 02-22-2010 | 07:40 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
Any news yet RJ?

*pacing*

Old 02-23-2010 | 12:37 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Any news yet RJ?

*pacing*
No news yet Gemmy. I'm leaving work early to go home and rest. I hope I don't get the call on the way home, I'll have to pull over...I'll let you know when it comes.

Old 02-24-2010 | 07:46 PM
gemgirlpa
6th Gear
RJ, just checking in on you before I head off to bed, how are you doing? anything I can help with?

Old 02-24-2010 | 07:52 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
HOW THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DID I MISS RJ's BIRTHDAY!!?!?!?!?!?

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:00 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
RJ, just checking in on you before I head off to bed, how are you doing? anything I can help with?
Gemmy...you are very sweet. I talked my Drs. MA yesterday afternoon, they had not gotten the CT Scan Results, so I called that Dept. today and had them re-fax the report to my Dr. My Drs. MA did say that they are referring me to a Thoracic Surgeon, so I am expecting a call from his office, it could come as late as Friday, if I don't hear anyting from his office by Firday 3PM, I will call my Dr. again, and see what's up.

Basically it is a waiting game, I'm a very patient person (just ask my Husband; I have to be to be married to him!! ) so I'll wait a bit longer, but stay on top of things as best I can.

I'm off to bed, so I can survive another day at the office!!

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:10 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Hi everyone!! I don't know what happened to me,, I kind of fell off the face of the earth -- and landed in a 4 foot snow drift!! hahahah

It sounds like Gem's men are doing better,, that is great news... RJ-- how are you faring?

Tnny,,, you bad little chickie, you!! You always make me laugh!!

I am addicted to a new game,, it is Uhoh's fault,, I tried my hand at Bejeweled Blitz and am now hooked. But speaking of ADHD-- I will tire of it in another week or so,,, *L*

So,, we have more snow coming,,,, yep,, more snow,,, we still have huge piles of snow from that last 4 footer,,, but uhm,, yah,,, more snow.... coming... this way... with high winds--
I like snow,,, love snow ice cream,, love snow angels,,, but seriously,,, more snow??
I worked last Sunday to help make up the bottle neck in my schedule and now it looks like I will miss a day of work again... yep,,,more snow....

Quick Reply: Free Classic Mini...